The Skeleton Key《万能钥匙(2005)》完整中英文对照剧本
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
我迫不及待告诉母亲所有发生的事...
I lost no time, of course, in telling my mother all that I knew...
告诉她我们当初如何陷入困境
and we saw ourselves at once in a dtfftcult and dangerous position.
需要马上想出解决办法,所以不得不...
"Something must speedtly be resolved upon, and it occurred to us...
"最后决定一起去..."一起携手到邻近小村庄求救
"at last to go forth together..."and seek help in the neighbouring hamlet.
我们连帽子也没戴...
"No sooner said than done. Bare- headed as we were...
就匆忙地跑向晚夜冰冷的雾气中
"we ran out at once in the gathering evening and the frosty fog.
虽然当时看不到邻近小村...
"The hamlet lay not many hundred yards away...
不过眼前却出现了...
"though out of vtew, on the other stde of the next cove...
让我感到安心的景象...
"and what greatly encouraged me...
反方向的路上...
"it was in an opposite direction...
出现了一位失明的男子
"from that whence the blind man had made his appearance.
我绝不会忘记当时看到门窗内...
"And I shall never forget how much I was cheered...
泛出的光有多开心...
"to see the yellow shine in doors and windows...
"但是,作为证明..."不过那是我们仅能得到的帮助
"but that, as it proved..."was the best of the help we were Itkely to get in that quarter. “你可能以为...”人们会感到羞耻...
"For you would have thought..."men would have been ashamed of themselves...
没人愿意跟我们一起回到...
"no soul would consent to return with us to the..."
奥黛莉?抱歉
Audrey? Sorry.
塔克先生过世了
Mr. Talcott's gone.
好
Okay.
放在前面柜台,说不定有家人会来
Front desk, in case anyone shows.
看来不会有人来吧?
I think you'll be waiting a while, hon.
我们不是打电♥话♥了吗?他说他有家人啊No. Didn't we call? He said he had family.
没错
Yeah.
不过他们不想理他
But they don't want to have anything to do with him.
丢在后面垃圾堆就好
DESK NURSE: You can dump it out back.
你看一下
Okay, take a look.
我明天要面试
I interview tomorrow.
你的工作怎么办?
What about your job?
我受不了那个地方
I had enough of that place.
为什么?怎么了? - 请用
What happened? - Here's your beer.
谢谢 - 不客气
Thanks. - Sure.
塔克先生今天过世了
I lost a patient today. Mr. Talcott.
真遗憾 - 要是你在场就好
I'm sorry. - You should have seen it.
他才死不久...
The second he died, it was like...
她们就巴不得要把他赶走
they couldn't wait to get him out of there.
就像是做生意
It's just a business to them.
本来就是生意,还好他有你
It is a business, but at least he had you.
错了,应该要关怀病人
No. It's supposed to be a business about caring.
她们根本不在乎
They couldn't care less.
泰瑞布教区就是那个鬼地方嘛
Wait. This is Terrebonne Parish. It's the freaking swamps. 反正我申请护理学校需要工作经验,又有薪水可拿
I get the hours I need to start nursing school, and I get paid.
还可以用我的方式去帮助别人
And I get to help somebody, my way.
那儿有鳄鱼,还有牙都掉光的老男人
They got gators in the swamps, and guys missing teeth.
我们到底要不要跳舞?
Are we dancing here, or what?
小凯,听着
Cary, look.
你现在的工作,会不会改变你太多?
This work you're doing, are you sure it's not changing you? 我才25岁,改变一下有什么不好?
I'm 25 years old. What's wrong with a little change?
喔,我的天哪
Oh, my God.
有人在吗?
Hello?
有人在吗?
Hello?
那就是真爱的表现
Now that right there is what love is all about.
就像故事书里那种经典的画面
Old- fashioned devotion, like what you read about.
你一定是卡洛琳吧
You must be Caroline.
不好意思,门没锁,所以我就进来了
I'm sorry, the door was open, so I just walked in.
这房♥子很大,里面根本听不到
Oh, no. It's a big house. I didn't hear you.
没关系
It's okay.
刚才白费功夫整理了
So much for getting their affairs in order.
不好意思,我叫路克·马修,不动产律师
I'm sorry. I'm Luke Marshall. Estate lawyer.
我们在电♥话♥上聊过
We talked on the phone.
喔,对
Oh, right.
医生说他只剩一个月,应该快不行了
The docs figure a month maybe. He's pretty far gone.
知道了
I understand.
他太太不能接受
His wife's having kind of a rough time with it.
大部分的人都是这样
Most people do.
薇儿丽,你有客人
Violet, you have a visitor.
这是卡洛琳·艾利斯?
May I present Miss Caroline Ellis?
她在新奥尔良安宁疗护所工作
She works down at the hospice in New Orleans.
卡洛琳,这是薇儿丽·戴沃
Caroline, this is Violet Devereaux.
你家真漂亮
You have a lovely home.
抱歉,她心情不好,家里现在又要住进陌生人...
I'm sorry. It's just hard. The idea of a stranger living here...
我了解
I understand, really.
她的观念很传统,觉得女人还是含蓄点比较好
She's Old South, you know. She thinks women still curtsey.
他完全不能说话?
So, he can't talk at all?
不能,因中风而麻痹了
No. Stroke pretty much paralysed him.
哪一方受到影响? - 两边都受到影响
Which side was affected? - Both.
大概是一个多月前,在阁楼发生的
It happened about a month ago, up in the attic.
她在那儿找到他
That's where she found him.
班?
Ben?
有人来看你了,这是卡洛琳·艾利斯小姐
You have a visitor. Meet Miss Caroline Ellis.
你好,班,我是卡洛琳
Hello, Ben. I'm Caroline.
她是外地来的,一定不了解这儿的规矩
She's not from around here. She not going to understand my house. 她从新奥尔良来的
She's from New Orleans.
她不是在新奥尔良长大的,你没听到她说话的语气吗?
She wasn't raised in New Orleans. You hear how she talks?
谁知道她从哪儿来? - 新泽西贺博镇
Who knows where she comes from? - Hoboken, New Jersey.
你希望她有南方口音吗?
What do you want a Southern accent?
薇儿丽,找不到别人了
The last one left, Violet.
好吧
All right.
不过她一定不会了解这儿的规矩
But she's not going to understand the house.
找不到看护是吧?
The last girl left, huh?
等一下,我再跟她把事情谈清楚
Wait. Let me talk to her, we can straighten things out.
要是她不需要我的帮助,那就算了
I can't help anybody who doesn't want my help.
她需要你的帮助,她只是很害怕
She does want help. She's just scared.
怕什么?太过拘束?
Of what? Politeness?
他是她的最爱,现在眼看就要死了
No. He's the love of her life and he's dying.
他们在一起这么多年
They've been together forever.
她现在就要失去老伴了
She's losing her soul mate here.
不知道你会怎么想,不过要是我一定会很难过
I don't know about you, but that'd put some sandpaper up my ass. 你还真浪漫?
Aren't you a romantic?
听着
Look.
上个看护不干了
The last girl quit.
你是第五个来应征的看护,之前的人都被她拒绝了
You're the fifth interview since. She shoots down everyone.
请不要误会
It's not personal.
只是你一出现,就代表他真的要死了
But you being here means he's really dying.
不论我在不在这儿,他都会死啊
He's dying whether l"m here or not.
这房♥子有什么问题?
What'd she mean about the house?
什么?
What?
她为什么会说我一定不懂这儿的规矩?
She said I wouldn't understand the house. Why'd she said that?
我只知道她一定会付你钱
All I know is her cheques clear.
别挂在心上
Look, forget it.
老实说,我也在找更好的工作
If it makes you feel any better, l"m still looking for my dream job, too.
好
All right.
那你要怎么跟她说?
So if you talked to her, what would you say?
我会说不论她怎么找...
I'd say she could look all she wants...
一定不会找到像你这么好的看护
but I doubt she'd find any better than you.
所以她最好对你好一点
So she'd do well to treat you like it.
好,听清楚,不准打毛衣
Okay, here are my rules. No knitting.
不准加入桥牌俱乐部
No joining a bridge club.
不要玩宝果
And no playing bingo.
好啦,我知道了
Okay, good. Good rules.
我是说真的,他们会把你变成老人
I'm serious, they'll try and suck you into their elderly ways.
反正开车不到一个小时就可以回来了
It's less than an hour away. I'll be back all the time.
你最好常回来
Yeah, well, you better.
只要你不想再听有关二次世界大战的故事就回来吧
Whenever you want to talk to someone who wasn't around for World War II.
天哪,你怎么这么讨厌老人?
Jeez, what is it with you and old people?
抱一下
Come here.
他一定会以你为傲,你知道他一定会
He'd be proud of you. You know he would.
有人在吗?
Hello?
我要付油钱
I need to pay for some gas.
有人吗?
Hello?
有人在后面吗?
Is somebody back there?
不好意思
I'm sorry.
抱歉,我想付油钱
Excuse me. I just need to pay for some gas.
天哪
Jesus.
油费17块
$17 for the gas.
零钱你留着吧
Keep the change.
戴沃太太?
Mrs. Devereaux?
我的行李都弄好了
I'm unpacked.
嗨,班,还记得我吗?我是卡洛琳
Hi, Ben. Remember me? I'm Caroline.
我会好好照顾你
I'll be taking care of you for a while.
这里对你来说应该太黑了一点吧?
There's not a lot of light in here for you, is there? 你很喜欢听蓝调音乐吗...
So you're a fan of the blues, huh? Well, so was... 请你放手
You have to let go.
班,你弄痛我了
Ben, you're hurting me.
原来你在这儿
There you are.
他该吃药了
Time for his remedies.
让开一下
Scoot over, child.
早上9点和晚上7点
9:00 in the morning and 7:00 at night.
他的药需要磨成粉,看我怎么做
He takes his pills in powder form. I'll show you how.
一定要喝完
Be sure he drinks it all down.
他在吃什么药? - 抗凝血剂
What's he taking? - Oh, Coumadin and such.
他有时候身体会抖动,不要大惊小怪
He gets the tremors sometimes. Don't let that frighten you.
亲他一下会比较好
And a kiss to make it taste better.
你比我想像中更瘦,不过更漂亮
You're scrawnier than l'd hoped. Prettier, though.
我想你一定全身都是记号♥吧?
I bet you're all marked up, aren't you?
记号♥? - 写满东西
Marked up? - Written on.
我知道你们年轻人...
I know you young people are always...
老是喜欢用墨水和针在身上搞些花样
jabbing yourselves with ink and needles.
你身上有刺东西吧?
You're written on, aren't you?
别人是看不到的
Not where you can see.
好
Well.
他每天都需要洗澡,被单也需要换
He's to be bathed daily, his linens changed.
不需要去做家事,只有我知道该怎么做
Don't bother with the housework. I'm the only one that knows how. 你们住在这儿多久了?
How long have you two lived here?
让我想想
Let's see.
我们1962年从沙瓦纳搬来
We came over from Savannah in "62.
这房♥子是跟一对兄妹买♥♥的
We bought this house from a brother and a sister.
这房♥子是他们的传家宝
They'd inherited it a long time ago, from their parents.
他们从小就住在这儿
Lived here since they were children.
那就是他们,马丁和葛瑞丝
There they are. Martin and Grace.
人真的很好
Charming people.
不过他们手头很紧,所以不得不卖♥♥
But they fell on hard times, had to sell.
你把他们的照片留下?
You keep their picture?
对,算是我对这间房♥子的尊重
Yes. I like to pay my respects to the memories of this house. 跟我来吧
All right. Come along now.
这是餐厅
This is the dining room.
我们只用屋内一半的房♥间
We only use about half of the rooms.
另一半都放了班的古董
The others are for Ben's antique business.
他卖♥♥不出去的古董,我们就收藏在这儿What he couldn't sell, we stored here.
除了阁楼
Except for the attic.
那儿有水晶和瓷器
That has crystal and china.
我常常会去盘点,先跟你说明一下
And I keep a very close account on that, just so as you know. 这儿总共有30个房♥间
There are more than 30 rooms in all.
以前每个房♥间都有一把钥匙
In the old days, they made a separate key for each room.
但屋主有一把万♥能♥钥♥匙♥ For the owner, they made a skeleton key.
能够打开每个房♥间的门
This will open every door.
这把给你
This one is yours.
我还有一把
I have mine.
餐具都在这儿
Now, the pantry's right out here.
有时候你可能需要到镇上帮我们跑腿
You know, we may have to ask you to go into town now and then.
这里以前有镜子吗?
Was there a mirror here once?
我注意到厕所也都没有镜子
I noticed in the bathrooms also there are no mirrors.
孩子,等你像我们一样这么老...
Child, when you get as worn- out and wrinkled as we are...
就不需要镜子的提醒了
you don't need any reminding.
假如你需要镜子的话...
If you want a small one for your own purposes...
请便
that's fine with me.
镜子呢? - 收起来了
What'd you do with them? - Put them away.
他说你不抽烟
VIOLET: The boy tells me you don't smoke.
不过我抽烟,而且抽得很凶,我很喜欢抽烟
I do smoke. I smoke a lot and I enjoy it very much.
应该没问题吧
I trust that won't be an issue.
没关系
It won't be.
好,那请你记得...
Good. Then for the most part just realize that...
我们互不相干
l'll live here as if you're not in residence.
毕竟我们没有血缘关系,你父母还健在吗?
After all, we're not kin. Are your parents still alive?
我妈很早就离开了,我爸从小养育我,他去年过世
My mom left when I was little. My dad raised me and he died last year. 喔,是嘛?那你一定也有照顾他
Oh, my. So you cared for him as well?
本来想要的
I would have.
没想到他那么快就走了
I just thought I had more time.
是的
Yeah.
花太多时间去想所剩的生命...
You think too much about the time you have left...
反而忘了好好过生活
you don't spend it living.
善待我先生,善待他的房♥子
Be good to my husband. Be good to his house.
9点吃药
Remedies at 9:00.
一、二、三
One, two, three.
我想你在新泽西应该看不到这么美的花♥园♥吧You don't see gardens like this back in New Jersey, I expect. 那儿就是以花出名的
Actually, it's the Garden State.
我看八成不是
I doubt that very much.
花♥园♥最美妙
Nothing more glorious than a garden.
每年冬天凋谢,春天萌芽
Gone every winter, back every spring.
你笃信宗教吗?
You religious at all?
我试着接受各种不同的宗教
I try to keep an open mind.
那很好,那真的很好
That's good. That's very good.
我的白紫呢?
Where are my trilliums?
喔,烦死了,孩子,能不能帮我一个忙
Oh, fiddlesticks. Do me a blessing, child.
帮我跑一趟阁楼好吗?
Will you run up to the attic for me?
楼梯旁有一盒种子
I have some seed packets in a box right next to the stairs.
你怎么这么慢?
What took you?
对不起
I'm sorry.
我以为这是万♥能♥钥♥匙♥
I thought the key opens everything.
钥匙?什么钥匙?
The key? What key?
你给我的万♥能♥钥♥匙♥
The key you gave me for the house.
它打不开阁楼里的一扇门
There's a door in the attic it doesn't work for.
喔,阁楼啊,从来没开过那扇门
Oh, no, the attic, it's never opened that.
我有我的迪克西·约翰 - 为什么不呢?
I got my Dixie Johns. - Why not?
里面有什么? - 我也不知道
What's in there? - I have no idea.
我们搬进来后,就再也没开过那扇门
It's been shut ever since we moved in.
我得赶快去撒种,因为就快要下雨了
I have to get these in the ground, because there's rain coming. 戴沃太太...
Mrs. Devereaux...
班中风发作时,不就在阁楼里面吗?
Ben was in the attic, wasn't he, when he had his stroke?
他在那儿做什么?
What was he doing in there?
孩子,你去问他啊
You'll have to ask him, child.
你去看看他好吗?
Be a dear and go see to him, won't you?
问他想不想喝点冰茶
I wonder if he wouldn't like some iced tea.
他的门被锁住了
His door was locked.
班!
Ben!
班!
Ben!
班!
Ben!
班!不要动!
Stop right there, Ben! Don't move!
不要动!
Stop!
班!
Ben!
戴沃太太!
Mrs. Devereaux!
班!
Ben!
班,你在干嘛?是我啊!
Ben, what are you doing? It's me!
我的天哪,他怎么了?
Mother of mercy, what's he done?
他从窗户掉出去,你不是说他不能走动吗?
He got out of the window. I thought you said he was bedridden. 他又抽筋了
He's having spasms.
你有喂他吃药吗? - 有
Didn't you give him his remedies? - Yes.
他有把药吃完吗?
Did you make sure he drank them down?
我以为有啊
I thought so.
班,他们对你做了什么? - 他的门刚才被锁住
Ben, what'd they make you do? - His door was locked.
快去拿轮椅,我们得赶快带他进屋里
Just go get the wheelchair. We"ve got to get him out of this.
要不要叫医生?
What about a doctor?
明天早上再说,现在赶快去拿轮椅
In the morning, just get that wheelchair now.
卡洛琳!
Caroline!
卡洛琳!
Caroline!
你怎么动作这么慢?
What in damnation took you so long?
我已经尽快了
I came as fast as I could.
看来我们需要加重药的剂量,也想不出别的办法
We're just going to have to double his remedies. That's all I can think of. 卡洛琳,帮我扶他起来
Caroline, help me here. Help me get him.
快点,就这样
Come on. That's it.
你想跑到哪里去?
Where did you think you were going?
才过了两天,他就已经企图自杀
You're here two days and he already tried to kill himself.
你对待病人还真有一套
Must have some kind of bedside manner, huh?
那是我的专长之一
One of my many charms.
到底发生什么事了?我来帮她更新遗嘱...
So, what exactly happened? I came to update her will...
她跟医生说…他从窗子摔下去?
she's up with the doc, says he fell?
没错
He did fall.
从他的轮椅上摔下来?
Like what, from his wheelchair?
怎么可能?从那上面?从那上面摔下来?
You cannot be serious. From up there? He fell from up there?
怎么可能?他根本不能走动
How? He can't even walk.
拜托千万别辞职,不然我又要开始找人了
Please don't tell me you're quitting. I have to start over again.
可以把门关起来吗?我想给你看一个东西
Will you shut the door? I want to show you something.
你知道我妈以前常说什么吗?
You know what my mama used to say?
要是一个女孩请你进她的闺房♥,那她一定不是什么好女孩
If a lady invites you into her room, she probably isn't much of a lady.
你们南方人还真有智慧啊
Homespun Southern wisdom grows on trees around here, doesn't it?
我昨晚在班的房♥间...
I found this in Ben's room...
找到这个
last night.
找到什么?他的脏床单?
Found what? His laundry?
不是,上面本来有...
No, it had a...
本来有... - 有什么?
There was... - Had a what?
本来有一个... 有一个...
There was a... It had a...
算了
Forget it.
我以为...
I thought it...
我也糊涂了
I don't know what I thought.
我很佩服你
I admire you.
你的职业
You know, what you do.
我连照顾自己的父母都有困难
Hell, I wouldn't be able to take care of my own parents. 你一定会后悔
You'd regret it.
我当初为了朋友的乐团而休学
I quit college to help out with some friends" bands.
一天到晚得巡回
Out all night, always on the road.
我爸以为我毁了我的前途
My father thought I was throwing my life away.
所以我们冷战,也不见面
So we didn't talk, didn't visit.
我们从来没机会和好
Stubborn and proud, and that's how we left it.
你的意思是...
You mean...
对
Yeah.
我根本还不知道他生病,他就过世了
He was gone before I even knew he was sick.
他可能不想让我受苦吧
I guess he wanted to spare me from all this.
那有什么不对?
Is that so wrong?
谁都不该孤伶伶地死去
No one should have to die alone.
你刚才想告诉我什么
So tell me what you were going to tell me.
有关班的事
About Ben.
你会不会觉得...
Do you ever feel like...
他需要你的帮忙?
he's asking you for help?
我的帮忙? - 一个眼神...
Asking me? - With a look or...
或是动作?
a touch.
马修先生?
Mr. Marshall?
那男孩在哪儿?卡洛琳...
Where in damnation is that boy? Caroline...
你有没有看到...
have you seen Mr...
这可好了...
Well...
你们在培养感情是吧
I see the children are getting acquainted.
薇儿丽...
Now, Violet...
你是我生命中最重要的女人
you know you're the only woman in my life.
少给我胡说,把你的臭手拿开
I know no such things, and remove your perspirations. 医生已经走了,所以我想...
The doctor has departed, so l"m ready...
跟你讨论一下不动产的事,要是你现在...
to discuss estate matters, if you have finished...
不忙着做别的事
soliciting your new business.
好
All right.
只要你有时间
Whenever you get the time.
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
我要泡点茶
I'm making some sweet tea.
你想喝一点吗?
Are you interested?
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
“献祭”
"Sacrifice."
你在屋里吗?
Are you in the house?
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
孩子,你怎么忘了关门
You're forgetful, child.
神啊,时候到了
It is time, Lord.
从干燥的尘土...
From the dry dust...
从捆绑的铁链中...
out of these chains...
从魔鬼的居住地中
from the devil's house.
神啊,该是时候了...
It is time, Lord...
带领我...
to take me...
从干燥的尘土中,打断捆绑我的铁链
from the dry dust, break me from these chains. 带我脱离魔鬼的居住地
Bring me from the devil's house.
带我脱离黑暗
Take me out of darkness.
让我走出盲目的日子
Walk me out of blindness.
将我的忧伤除去
Lift me out of sadness.
拯救我脱离罪孽
Save me from my damned- ness.
神啊,求求你
Please, Lord.
神啊,时候到了
It is time, Lord.
带我离开干燥的尘土,让我从...
Take me from the dry dust. Break me...
铁链中脱离,带我远离魔鬼的居住地
out of these chains. Bring me from the devil's house.
带领我离开...
Take me out of...
当地的一个乐团
Just a local band.
我们去喝点东西吧?
How about you buy me a drink?
反正那不是一般的阁楼
Whatever it is, it's not your average attic.
她说自从他们搬进屋里,那扇门就一直被锁着
She says it's been locked up ever since they first moved in.
那根本就是巫术嘛
You found yourself a hoodoo room.
什么? - 巫术,你知道巫术是什么吗?
A what? - Hoodoo. You know what hoodoo is?
就像巫毒对吧?
It's like voodoo, right?
错了,巫毒是一种宗教
Wrong. Voodoo's a religion.
来自非洲的奴隶,把巫毒带到海地
Slaves brought it to Haiti from Africa.
他们会敬拜神、天堂和地狱
You worship God, heaven and hell.
巫术有什么不同? - 那是魔术
How's hoodoo different? - It's magic.
美国的民间魔术跟神并没有什么关系
American folk magic. God doesn't have much to do with it.
魔术? - 对
Magic? - Yeah.
有非洲、欧洲和美国原住民的传统
It's part African, part European, part Native American.
新奥尔良是巫术的起源地
And New Orleans is its home. It started here.
我的诺拉阿姨对巫术很有兴趣,她常会到艾吉尔买♥♥东西My Aunt Nola's into it. She shops at a place in Algiers.
你说那房♥子很古老对吧?
Look, you said the house had a history, right?
巫术不会害人 - 是吗?
Hoodoo is pretty harmless. - Harmless how?
通常是心理方面的东西
It's psychological, like a lot of that stuff.
要是你不相信它,就不会受害
It can't hurt you if you don't believe.
你阿姨买♥♥东西的地方...
So this place your aunt shops at...
你有去过吗?
Ever seen it?
应该是这条街,要不然就是下一条...
It's either this street or the next one...
或是下一条
or the next one.
就是那儿
There.
那里?那是洗衣店
There? That's a Laundromat.
我只知道她都去那儿
Look, that's all I know. That's where she goes.
你要不要进去?
So you coming in or what?
不要
I'm not.
还以为你不信这种东西
I thought you don't believe in this stuff.
我是不信
I don't.
不过我也不想惹麻烦
But l"m not just going to mess around with it.
你要进去的话,就去啊
So, you want to go in, go ahead.
你是害怕吧
You're scared.
吉儿大姐害怕了 - 去死啦
Jill the Thrill is scared. - Kiss my ass.
你这样真的很丢脸喔,我们大老远来...
You're never going to live this down. We come all the way out here... 我才不怕
l"m not scared.
晚安,卡洛琳
Good night, Caroline.
晚安
Good night.
我明明跟你说过镜子的事
I told you about the mirrors.
我不懂
I don't understand.
这不是你家
This is not your house.
这是我找到的,我的浴室需要一面镜子...
I found them. I needed a mirror for my bathroom...
我跟你说过了,你也听得很清楚,不准用镜子
I told you, and you heard me. No mirrors.
不准用镜子!
No mirrors!
我看过那房♥间了
I've seen the room.
什么房♥间? - 你说你从来没看过的房♥间What room? - The room you say you"ve never seen.
不再是锁着的
It's not locked anymore.
孩子,你不懂自己看到了什么
No, child, you don't know what you"ve seen.
你现在最好告诉我是怎么一回事
You're going to tell me right now.
要不然我就走
Or l"m leaving.
你不是南方人
You're not from the South.
你不会懂
You won't understand.
你不可以随便进去上面那房♥间...
That room up there, you just don't go in and...
从里面任意丢东西出来
throw things out of a room like that.
东西一定要归位
You leave them just where you found them.
这房♥子虽然是我们的,但也算是他们的
The house is theirs just as much as ours.
这是谁的房♥子?房♥间里的东西是谁的?The house is whose? Whose things are in that room?
好吧
All right.
90年前...
About 90 years ago...
这里住了一位银行家,他名叫索普
there was a banker here, his name was Thorpe.
他专门骗穷♥人♥的钱
He made his fortune cheating the poor.
他的心地很坏,脾气很不好
He was a mean man. He was a cruel man.
当初这儿住了他和家人,还有几位仆人...
It was him, and his family, and couple of servants...
名叫西西莉妈妈和贾斯菲爸爸
name of Mama Cecile and Papa Justify.
坐下
Sit down.
现在...
Now...
据说索普老先生,当时并不知道...
the way I heard it, old man Thorpe, he didn't know...
贾斯菲爸爸是个“双头医生”
that Papa Justify was a "two- headed doctor."
他和西西莉都是魔法师
He was a conjure man. So was Cecile.
他们相信... - 巫术
They believed in... - Hoodoo.
对
Yeah.
那就是他们的房♥间
That was their room.
他们当时非常出名
They were famous all through the bayous.
他们医治病人并消除鬼怪
They healed the stck and they hurt the mean.
就像黑人说的:“为达到目的不择手段”
"Hit a straight lick with a crooked stick," as the coloureds say. 但他们在老索普眼中,不过是仆人
But old Thorpe, he just saw them as help.
根本就是奴隶
And he worked them to the bone.
他还虐待他们
He abused them.
据说有一晚...
Until one night, as the story goes...
开了一场派对
there was a party.
那晚刚好是银行周♥年♥庆♥,所有大人物接连出席It was the bank's anntversary, all the btg mucketymucks were here.
政客、巨富和船业大亨
Poltttctans, sugar barons, rtverboat tycoons.
全场饮酒作乐...
There was a lot of drinking and dancing...
我相信也有不少打情骂俏的画面
and a couple of trysts, l"m sure.
眼看就要散会了...
And then, finally, when tt was time to say farewell...
在场的客人想跟孩子们说再见
some of the guests wanted to wtsh goodbye to the chtldren.
不过没有人找到他们,好几个小时都不见他们的踪影
But nobody could find them. They hadn't seen them in hours.
因为客人都喝了白兰地,所以决定开始玩游戏
So, being all full of brandy, they made tt a game.
“我们来找小孩吧”
"Let's Find the Chtldren. "
一间一间地找
Room after room after room.
终于有人在阁楼...
Finally, someone heard mustc...
马丁?葛瑞丝?
Martin? Grace?
听到了音乐...
and votces and shouting...
声音和喊叫声
up in the atttc.
从魔鬼的居住地
From the devil's house.
神啊,该是时候了
It is time, Lord.
仆人当时跟孩子们在一起
The servants were up there wtth the chtldren.
想教孩子们怎么行巫术
They were trying to teach them how to conjure hoodoo.
取他的头
And take his head.
索普和其他人都气疯了
Thorpe went about insane, and so dtd the rest of the guests.
这种亵渎神明的事到底持续了多久?
I mean, how long had thts blasphemy been going on?
孩子们说是自己的错,因为他们想要学巫术
The chtldren satd tt was thetr fault, that they'd wanted to learn. 不过大人们可不相信
But they weren't having any of that.
所有的愤怒和狂乱顿时都发泄出来
All that power and rage and insantty.
派对划下了句点
The party was over.
成了一场梦魇
It was a terrible thing.
很可怕
Terrible.
谣言不断,不过并没有人被逮捕或审判
Rumours got out, but no arrests, no trial.
金钱解决了一切
Money had its way.
那一家人最后怎么了?
What happened to the family?
银行倒闭
The bank went under.
索普把太太杀了,再拿枪自尽
Thorpe shot his wife to death, and then turned the gun on himself. 大家都说是因为贾斯菲和西西莉在报仇
People in the bayou say it was Justify and Cecile's revenge.
孩子们在这儿住到1962年
The children stayed here till "62.
不过他们从没告诉过我们为何那房♥间上了锁
But they never, ever, told us why that room was locked.
或是房♥子里没有镜子的原因
Or why there were no mirrors in the whole house.
现在我们知道了
Now we know.
知道什么?
You know what?
会在镜子里看到他们。