小乌龟A1-4中英文对照
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
Lesson One
Fran kli n 'Test
Fran kli n could count by twos and ties his shoes .
富兰克林已经学会数奇偶数,他还学会了自己系鞋带。
He had won a blue ribb on for swim ming and a trophy for play ing soccer .But one day , Fran kli n won someth ing that maybe he should'have .
在游泳比赛的时候,他赢得过蓝绶带;还赢得过足球比赛的奖章。
可是有一天,他赢得了一样似乎不该得到的东西。
daisy …win dow …chair …pen cil …
Teacher Owl : Well done . All right , you all know how to read our new words .
不错。
好了,你们都知道新单词怎么念了。
Let 'see how many we can spell .
我们再来看看可以拼写出多少来。
Who would like to go first ?
谁愿意先来?
Students : I will go first .
我先来。
Me , me , me …
我,我,我…
Bear : I will do it , it 'easy .
我能行,很简单。
Teacher Owl : Bear , Letssee you give it a try , hmm .
小熊!你来试试看吧。
All right , bear , spell the word daisy” .
好,小熊拼一下单词daisy”
Bear : daisy . Hmm , Let me just check ...
daisy”,嗯,我来查查看…
Stude nt : Hey , Bear !
嘿小能I
小、’八、、・
You can'peek like that !
你不能这么偷看!
That'cheati ng !
那是作弊!
Bear : It is ?
是吗?
Teacher Owl : Well Bear , we are trying to learn to spell from memory .
噢,小熊,我们要学着默写单词。
I ' give you a little hi nt .
我给你一个小小的提示。
The next letter is an .
下一个字母是“ I”。
Bear : f” …oh yeah ! S” Y ”… daisy”
页眉内容
T …… 噢,对了!“S”,Y”……daisy”
Teacher Owl : Absolutely right , Bear ! Well done ! 完全正确。
小熊,做的好!Now ,who 's next ? 现在,下一个是谁?Very good , Goose ! 非常好,小鹅!You're all
doing very well with your spelling ! 你们都做的很好,拼得很棒。
I think you 're
ready for a test ! 我想你们已经准备好参加考试了!On Thursday , we'll see
how well you know the words we've learned over the past few weeks . 星期四,
咱们来看看你们对这几个星期以来学过的单词掌握得怎么样了。
And for those of
you who spell all your words correctly , I have something special . 对于那些拼写
完全正确的同学,我会有特别的奖励。
Students : Wow ! Look at those ! 喔,看哪!
Teacher Owl : One of these colourful pens !
一支颜色鲜艳的钢笔!
Beaver : Excuse me , Mr. Owl but since 'Im going to get all the words right anyway ,could I have my pen now ? I'd like to write the test with it .
对不起,猫头鹰老师,反正我无论如何都会全对的,我能现在就得到钢笔吗?Teacher Owl : I'm sorry , Beaver , but you'llhave to write the test first . 对不起,海狸,可是你必须先参加考试。
Beaver : Hmph . 哼。
Teacher Owl : I'm sure if all of you practice spelling your words , you'll do very well . 我相信只要你们认真练习单词拼写,你们都会做得很好。
Pens or no pens . 无论能不能得到钢笔。
After Class :
Franklin : F-L-O-W-E-R . W-I-N-D-O-W . flower , window .
Parents : You're certainly going to be well prepared for that spelling test tomorrow . 你可真是做足了准备,为了明天的拼写考试。
Franklin : Yeah ! Bear and I have been practicing really hard . 是啊!小熊和我练习得非常努力。
Father : They must be very fancy pens to go to all this trouble . 那钢笔肯定非常漂亮吧,值得你们这么
努力。
页眉内容
Franklin : Oh ,they are ! 噢,那当然!And I 'm going to make sure I know my words so I get one . 我要保证记住所有的单词来得到它。
Mother : I can see one word tha'ts going to take a little more practice . 我发现有一个词还要再多练习一下。
Franklin : Where ? Which one ? Show me . 哪儿?哪个?告诉我。
Mother : This one . “pencil”is spelled P-E-N-C-I-L .
这个。
pencil”的拼写是P-E-N-C-I-L。
Franklin : That'sonly one mistake . 只有这一个错。
Mother : You're doing great . 你做得很棒啊。
Franklin : But I don 'twant to make any mistakes . I want one of those pens . 可我不想犯任何错误。
我要得到那钢笔。
Father : The important thing is you're learning how to spell . 最重要的事情是你在学习如何拼写。
Franklin : No . Dad , the important thing is spelling every word right . 不。
爸爸,最重要的是把每个单词都拼好。
P-E-N …C-l-L .
p-e-n …c-i-l .
Good ! I got it right that time , Sam . 好!我这次拼对了,山姆。
Tomorrow , I 'llspell it just like that . 明天,我也会这样拼写的。
But what if I don't? 可如果不是怎么办?
What if I forget ? … P-E-N-C-I-L 如果忘了怎么办?… … p-e-n-c-i-l
I know it now . I won 'tforget . 我记住了。
我不会忘的。
I know … I 'll just put it in here for good luck . 我知道了… … 我还是把它贴在这
儿带来好运吧。
Having Class :
Teacher Owl : Next … spell “KITCHEN ” , “KITCHEN ” . 下一个拼写
“ kitchen”, kitchen” 。
And now we come to the very last word on the test“pencil” . That's“pen-
cil” . 我们现在到了这次考试的最后一个单词,”pencil”。
Now , when you're finished , don'tforget to put your name at the top of the
page . 现在,你们做完的时候,别忘了在纸的上方写上你的名字
Student : I got them all right . I know it . 我会写对的,肯定的。
Yeah , it was easy . 是啊,太简单了。
Teacher Owl : TABLE”,CLOCK”,DESK ”,SCHOOL” … KITCHEN ” and PENCIL a
fable” , clock”, desk”, School” …kitchen”禾口pencil”。
All correct .
全对了。
Very good !
太好了!
Franklin : Yes !
太好了!
Teacher Owl : Congratulations and enjoy your pen . yo'uve earned it ! 祝贺你。
这是你的钢笔。
你赢得的!
Franklin : I did it Bear ! 我做到了,小熊!
I got a pen ! 我得到钢笔了!
Bear : Nice going , Franklin . 好样的,富兰克林。
Keep your fingers crossed for me . 该为我祈祷了。
Franklin : I will .
我会的。
Teacher Owl : So far , so good , Bear . 现在看来还不错哦,小熊。
TABLE” CLOCK” …”KITCHEN ” and … table” clock” …kitchen” 禾
口.............................
Oh , dear , I've spotted an error on your last word . 噢,我发现了一个错
误,是你最后一个单词。
Bear : Awww !
啊!
Teacher Owl : But you still get something for trying your best . 不过我还是会给你一个奖励,因为你尽力了。
Bear : I do ?
是吗?
What ?
是什么?
Teacher Owl : A space sticker . 一个太空贴纸。
Bear : oh ,neat .
哦,挺好。
I came this close to winning a pen . 我只差一点点就可以赢得钢笔了。
I only had one word wrong . 我只错了一个单词。
Franklin : Which one ?
哪个?
Bear : “PENCIL ”
a
“pencil”.
Fran kli n : Oh …that'a tough word . 噢那个词挺难的。
Bear : I'll never spell it wrong again ,that'sfor sure . 我再也不会拼错了,一定不会。
What's the matter ?
怎么呢?
Franklin : You tried your best and you're my friend . 你已经尽力了,而且你是我的朋友。
I should share my pen with you . 我愿意和你分享这支笔。
Here … You borrow it for a while . 给… … 你可以借一段时间。
Bear : Thanks , but I want to win my own pen . 谢谢,可是我想赢得自己的钢笔。
That one'syours . 那是你的。
Hey … don'tworry about me , Franklin . 嘿… … 别担心我,富兰克林。
I'll get a pen next time . 下次我会赢得钢笔。
Come on . Let's have some fun . 来吧,咱们一块玩吧。
Franklin : Hey ! Quit it !
嘿!别闹了!
Bear : PENCIL ?
Pencil ?
Franklin : I just had it in my hat for good luck . 我只是把它贴在帽子里带来好运。
Bear : But did you look at it during the test ? 但是在考试的时候你看过它吗?
Franklin : I peeked at one little . that'sall . 我只偷看了一个字母,就这么多。
Bear : But that'snot fair , Franklin ! That'scheating . 可是这样不公平,富兰克林!那是作弊。
Got Home :
Mother : Hello , Franklin .
你好,富兰克林。
Father : Hi , there , son .
页眉内容
嗨,儿子。
Franklin : Hi . 嗨。
Mother :Well , how did it go ? 那么,怎么样了?
Franklin : Uh …What ?
哦.... 什么?
Mother : Your test . 你的考试啊。
Father : The one you've been preparing for , for the past three days . 你辛辛苦苦准备,准备了三天的那个考试。
Franklin : Oh , fine . 噢,还行。
Mr. Owl said I did a good job . 猫头鹰老师说我做得不错。
I - I'e got to put my stuff away . 我-我得把东西拿过去了。
Father : I have the feeling he didn'tdo as well on that test as he expected . 我有种感觉,他考试考得不如预想的好。
Mother : I have the very same feeling .
我也有同感。
And I know how much he wanted one of those pens . 我知道他有多想得到一支钢笔。
Father : Maybe it's time to remind Franklin that the value of a good honest try is worth more than a pen .
可能应该去提醒一下富兰克林,一次认真诚实的努力,它的价值胜过一支钢笔。
Mother : I 'llcome with you . 我和你一起去。
Father : Franklin ?
富兰克林?
Are you all right ?
你没事吧?
Franklin : Uh huh .
没事。
Mother : You may not have gotten all the words right on your spelling test , but your father and
I still think …
你可能没有把所有单词在考试的时候都拼对,可是你爸爸和我还是觉得… …Franklin : I did get them all right . 我全都拼对了。
Father : Oh . Very good !
噢,太好了!
Mother : So you did get a pen ?
那么你得到钢笔了?
Franklin : Yeah . 对。
Father : Well , don't keep us in suspense . 哦,那就别让我们等了。
Let 's have a look at it . 拿出来看看吧。
Franklin : There it is . 在这儿。
Mother : Why did you put it in the garbage ? 你为什么把它扔进垃圾桶里呢?
Father : Is there something you want to tell us , Franklin ? 是不是有什么话要跟我们说,富兰克林?
Franklin : I spelled all the words right because I peeked at this . 我全都拼对了是因为我偷看了这个。
Mother : Oh . It doesn't feel right winning the pen this way ,does it ? 是不是觉得不舒服,赢得钢笔用了这样的办法,是吗?
Franklin : No . Bear 's right . 是不舒服。
小熊说得对。
I didn 'twin it fair and square . 我赢得不够光明正大。
I cheated . What should I do ? 我作弊了。
我该怎么办呢?
Father : That's something you should decide . 这件事情你得自己决定。
But I think you know inside ,what will make you feel better . 但是我想你心里应该知道怎样才会让自己感觉好一点。
The Next Morning :
Teacher Owl :Good morning , Franklin . 早上好!富兰克林。
Fran kli n : Hi , Um …I want to give you someth ing .
嗨,嗯..... 我想给你件东西。
I 'll just put it on your desk . 我把它放在桌子上。
Teacher Owl : Uh , just a minutes , Franklin . 哦,等一下,富兰克林。
Why are you giving me back your pen ? 你为什么要还给我你的钢笔?
Franklin : I had one of the spelling words inside my cap and I looked at it during the test . 我把一个单词的拼写藏在帽子里,考试的时候偷看了。
Teacher Owl : I see .
我明白了。
Franklin : I know I shouldn 't have done it .
我知道我不该这么做。
It 's just that I really wanted to win one of those pens . 只是我实在是想得到那支钢笔。
But now I think you should have it back .
可现在我想我该把它还回来了。
Teacher Owl : Hmm . Sometimes we think too much about rewards and not enough about what it takes to earn them . 嗯,有时候我们会太在意得到的奖励,儿没有认真想该怎样
才能赢得奖励。
Franklin : Like I thought more about getting the pen than learning how to spell . 就像我想得更多的是赢得钢笔儿不是学好拼写。
Teacher Owl : Exactly .
对。
Tell you what ---I 'll hold onto this for a while . 这样吧――我先把它收起来。
After all ,there will be more tests . 毕竟,还会有很多考试嘛。
Franklin : Thanks . Mr. Owl .
谢谢。
猫头鹰老师。
Next time , I'll win it fair and square !
下一次,我会赢得光明正大!
Teacher Owl : I'm sure you will .
我相信你会的。
Lesson Two
Franklin and the Duckling Franklin could count by twos and tie his shoes .
富兰克林已经学会数奇偶数了。
他还学会了自己系鞋带。
He could care for his toy dog Sam and Goldie his goldfish . 他会照看他的玩具狗山姆和金鱼小金。
But one day , Franklin had something to care for that took a lot more of his time than he had planned . 可是有一天,富兰克林要照顾一个小家伙。
他花了太多时间,比预想的多。
Franklin : Come on Bear ! The water's not so cold once you get used to it ! 来吧,小熊!这水在你适应了之后就不会觉得冷了!
Bear : I know . It 'sthe getting-used-to-it part I don't
like . 我知道,可就是“适应”这个过程我是不喜欢的。
Franklin : I 'll race you to that log . 我要和你比赛游到那根木头。
On your mark … 各就各位… Bear : Wait !
I'm not used to the water yet ! 页眉内容
等一下!我还没适应这水呢!
Fran kli n : Get set … 预备
Bear : I'm not racing ,Franklin . I'm not !
我不想比赛,富兰克林。
我不比!
Franklin : Go !
开始!
Bear : Franklin ! Ohh !富兰克林!噢!
Both : I won ! 我赢了!
Bear : What was that ?
那是什么?
Franklin : A duckling ! Look it 's coming over . 一只小鸭子!看,它游过来了。
Bear : Hi there … We're swimming in your backyard , aren'twe 嗨… … 我们游到你家后院里来了,是吗?
Franklin : I wonder what it wants ? 我不知道它想要什么?
Bear:Maybe it thinks you're it's Mom ! 可能它以为你是它妈妈!
Franklin : You think so ?
你这么想的?
Bear : Try swimming away and see what it does . See ? 你试试游开来看它怎么样?看见了?Franklin : You sure are cute . 你可真可爱。
Bear : Brrr . I'm starting to get cold . Franklin . 喔。
我开始觉得冷了,富兰克林。
Let's go .
咱们走吧。
Franklin : What about this little duck ? 这只小鸭子怎么办?Should we take him with us ? 我们是不是该把它带回家?
Bear : I don'tthink so , Franklin . 我可不这么想,富兰克林。
Franklin : Why not ?
为什么?
Bear : Because its home is here , at the pond . 因为它的家在这,这个池塘里。
Franklin : Where'sits mom and dad then ? 那它的爸爸妈妈在哪儿?
I don 'tsee any big ducks ,do you ? 我可没看见大鸭子,你呢?
Bear : Well , no …but-
哦,我也没有…不过—
Franklin : We can'tjust leave the little guy here all by himself . 我们可不能把这小家伙自己留在这儿。
Bear : I suppose not but … 我也觉得不能,可是…
Franklin : Then we have to take him with us . 所以我们一定要把它带走。
I 'd be worried about him if we didn't . 我会很担心它的,如果我们不带它走。
We could take turns looking after him , Bear . 我们可以轮流照看它,小熊。
This week he could stay at my house and next week he could stay with you . 这个星
期它住在我家,下一个星期它可以和你住。
Bear : I don'tthink my Mom and Dad will let me . 我想我的爸爸妈妈不会让我养它的。
And I don 'tthink yours will either , Franklin . 而且我觉得你爸爸妈妈也不会,富兰克林。
Franklin : How come ?
为什么?
Bear : Remember that time your mom found those frogs in the bathtub ? 你还记得那次你妈妈在浴缸里发现那些青蛙的事吗?
Franklin : Oh . yeah . 噢,对了。
Bear : She told you that frogs belong in the pond ,not in the house . 她告诉你青蛙应该呆在池塘里,而不是屋子里。
Franklin : And she made me take them right back . 后来她让我把它们送回去了。
I 'll have to keep this duckling a secret . 我得把小鸭子藏起来。
Bear : Where are you gonna hide it ? 你想藏在哪儿?
Fran kli n : Hmm .In my bedroom I guess … with the door closed . 嗯,我想藏在我卧室里。
… … 把门关起来。
Bear : I'm going home for lunch .
我要回家吃饭了。
Don'tforget we have a soccer game today . 别忘了我们有一场足球比赛,今天。
Franklin : Yeah . I won't. 对。
不会忘了。
Bear : See ya'later . Franklin .
一会儿见,富兰克林。
Franklin : Bye ! 再见!
Got Home :
Mother : Hello , Franklin . 你好,富兰克林。
Did you have a nice swim at the pond ? 游泳游得好吗?在池塘那儿?
Franklin : My swim ? Oh yeah . my swim , It was fun . 游泳?噢,对了,很好玩。
Mother : Now that you 're here ,maybe we can work together and finish this job . 既然你回来了,也许我们应该一起把这活儿干完。
Franklin : Uh , no , I 'll do it , Mom . 哦,不用了,我自己干吧,妈妈。
You don't have to help me . 你不用帮我。
Mother : Oh , all right then . 噢,那好吧。
Thank you , Franklin . 谢谢,富兰克林。
Franklin : What ?
什么?
Mother : Don't just throw everything in the closet , all right ? 可别光是把所有东西扔进橱柜里,好吗?
Franklin : Okay . I won 't. 行,不会的。
Mother : Good . I'll head out to the garden . 好。
我要到花园里去了。
Franklin : Whew . Shh ! That was close . 哎。
嘘!好悬呢。
You've gotta be really quite , okay ? 你可得安静点,好吗?This is my buddy Sam .
这是我的伙伴,山姆。
You make friends with him while I find you a nest . 你跟他交个朋友吧,我去给你找个
窝。
This should work .
这个应该行。
There …that'better ,isntit ?
这样…好多了,是吧?
Shhh ! You sure make a lot of noise . 嘘!你可真够吵的。
Oh ! I know . You're hungry , aren't you ? 噢!我知道了,你饿了,是吧?Don't go
anywhere ,I'll be right back . 别乱跑,我马上回来。
Duckling is going to love the meals I make . 小鸭子一定会喜欢我做的饭。
You don't get Corn Crunchies down at the pond . 在池塘那,你可吃不到玉米脆片。
Father : Hnm . Having a little snack before lunch . are we , Franklin ?嗯,想在午饭前来点小吃,对吗,富兰克林?
Fran kli n : Uh ••• I was feeli ng uh •…uh , a little bit hungry . 哦…我觉得…哦,有一点儿饿。
Father : Go ahead . I didn'tsee a thing . 去吧。
我可什么都没看见。
Franklin : Thanks .Dad ! 谢谢,爸爸。
Father : Hmm …I was …I mean , uhh …care for a Corn Crun chies , dear ? 噢… 这是… 我是说,唔… 想来点玉米脆片吗,亲爱的?
Franklin : Hey , how'd you get down there ? 嘿,你怎么到那儿去了?Ew , yuck !
哦,讨厌!
I forgot about that . 我忘了这事儿。
Here , you have something to eat and'lIl put down some newspapers before that
happens again .
来,你吃点东西,我得铺些报纸,免得你随地大小便。
Oh , no . 噢,不。
Shh ! Not so loud . 嘘!别那么大声。
Gee , for such a small guy , you sure make a lot of noise . And a lot of mess . 天哪,你这小家伙,倒能发出那么大的声音,还搞得一团糟。
You've got my whole room . Why do you want to be on this spot ! 你都占了我整个房间了,干嘛非要到这儿来!
Mother : Franklin ! Lunch is ready ! 富兰克林,午饭好了!
Franklin : Okay ! Look , if I 'm going to take care of you , you're going to have to help me a little , okay ?
听着,如果我来照看你,你就得稍微帮点忙,对吧?
And that means trying to be more quite . 就是说你得安静一点。
And not getting into stuff .
也别到处乱钻。
Franklin : And when are ducks old enough to look after themselves ? 鸭子到多大才能自己照顾自己啊?
Mother : I suppose when their feather and wings are fully grown , and they do'nt need the constant care of their parents .
我猜要到他们的羽毛和翅膀完全长成,他们就不需要总是靠父母照顾了。
Franklin : And they fly south as soon as i'ts autumn right ? 一到秋天的时候,他们会飞到南方对吗?
Mother : That's right . 对。
Father : You're very interested in ducks all of a sudden , Franklin . 你好像突然间对鸭子非常感兴趣了,富兰克林。
Fran kli n : Uh …well they're kind of n eat …don 'you thi nk ?
哦… 他们挺可爱的… 你不觉得吗?
Mother : Yes , they are . Father : Sure .
是很可爱。
没错。
Franklin : Umm … I just remembered I've got a soccer game .'Id better get ready . 噢… 我想起来了,我还有场足球赛,我得去准备一下了。
Franklin : Look like we 've got to get you another hiding spot . You're getting into too much mischief in here .
看来我们得另给你找个藏身的地方了。
你在这里净胡闹。
Mother : Are you sure you brought the paper in ? 你肯定把报纸拿进来了。
Father : Yes . I'm sure . I had the crossword puzzle half-finished . 是啊,肯定拿进来了,我还做了一半字谜游戏呢。
Leaving home :
Franklin : Bye ,Mom ! I can 'tbe late for my soccer game .'Illsee you later . 再见,妈妈!我可不能迟到啊。
要足球比赛了。
一会儿见!
Mother : Have fun ! 玩的开心!
Franklin : Okay .
好的。
You can'tstill be hungry . 你肯定不是饿了。
Do you want it to rain again ? 是还想下点雨吗?
It 's empty again . You sure need a lot of looking after . 又完了。
你真需要好好照看。
It looks like I won 'be playing much soccer this summer- or anything else either ! 看来
这个夏天我可没什么时间踢足球… 或者玩别的了!
Mother : Oh , hello , Bear . 噢,你好,小熊。
Bear : Hi ! I 've come to get Franklin for soccer .
我来找富兰克林去踢球。
他迟到了,He's late and everybody's waiting for him . 他迟到了,所有人都在等他。
Mother : That's strange , he left nearly a half hour ago . 这就怪了,他走了差不多半个小时了。
Father : Yes , he was in quite a hurry . He did'nt want to be late . 是啊,他走得匆匆忙忙的,生怕迟到了。
Mother : I wonder where he is ? 不知道他会去哪儿?
Father : Well , you know how Franklin can get side-tracked . 哦,你知道富兰克林总是会开小差。
First we'll check around the house and then w'ell call around to some of his friends .
我们先在房子周围好好找找,然后再去问问他的朋友们。
Bear : Fran kli n ! ...... Hum .Hey ! There'his soccer stuff ! Fran kli n ?
富兰克林!... 嗯。
嘿!那是他的足球用具!富兰克林!......
Franklin : Hi . Bear .
嗨,小熊。
Mother : Oh ! There you are . Thank goodness yo'ure safe . 噢!你在这儿。
谢天谢地你没什么事儿。
Father : What are you doing here , son .
你在这儿干嘛呢,儿子?
Bear : Yeah ,how come you are'ntat the soccer game ? 对啊,你为什么不去参加足球赛呢?Franklin : This is why .
这就是为什么。
I thought taking care of a little duckling was going to be a lot of fun . 我以为照看一只
小鸭子会非常有趣。
But I found out It's a lot of work . 可是我发现却非常辛苦。
Father : What about its parents , Franklin ! 'Illbet they're very worried . 它的父母呢,富兰克林。
我打赌他们一定非常担心。
Mother : Yes , just like we were about you . 是啊,就像我们刚才担心你一样。
Bear : It doesn'thave any parents . Tha'tswhy Franklin brought him home . 它没有父母,所以富兰克林才把它带回家的。
Mother : I know you wanted to help the duckling , that'sa good thing . 我知道你想帮助小鸭子,这很好。
But I suspect this little one simply wandered too far from its family to do some
exploring .
可是我猜这个小家伙到处东游西荡,只是走得太远才和家人走失了。
Fran kli n : Yeah It does do a lot of wan deri ng and explor ing .
是啊…它确实是东游西荡。
Father : Shall we take this guy back to the pond ?
我们可以把它带回池塘去吗?Franklin : Will you
help me find its Mom and Dad ? 你能帮我找到它的
爸妈吗?Father : We'll try our best .
我们尽力而为。
Franklin : Thanks .Dad . Hey ,there are some big ducks ! 谢谢,爸爸。
嘿,那儿有几只大鸭子!Bear : And little ducks too ! 还有几只小鸭子!
Father : That could be the family we're looking for . 可能这就是我们要找的家庭.
Franklin : Yep , that's the family ! Goodbye , little duckling . 对,就是这一家! 再见,小鸭子.
Wow ! Look at him go !
喔! 看它游过去了!
His Mom and Dad sure look happy to see him . 它的爸爸妈妈看来很高兴看见它. Mother : I know just how they feel .
我知道他们是什么感觉.
Friends : Hey , there they are ! Do you want to play soccer or what ?
嘿, 他们在那儿!你们还想不想踢足球了?
Franklin : I sure do ! come on , Bear !
当然想!走吧,小熊!
Lesson Three
Franklin and His Night Friend Franklin could count by twos and tie his shoes . 富兰克林已经会数奇偶数了。
He could swim and ride a bike and do many things really well . 他会游泳,能骑自行车,还在很多事情上很在行。
But one day , Franklin learned that the thing he could do best was just 但是有
be himself
一天,富兰克林明白了:他最在行的事情就是保持自我。
Franklin :Wow , Look
at all those stars ,dad !
爸爸,看那些星星!
There must be a zillion of them . 肯定数也数不清。
Father:Maybe we should count them to find out .
或许咱们可以数数看到底有多少颗?Franklin : Dad !
爸爸!
Father : Let me show you some group of stars that look like animals . 我指给你看一些长得像动物的星云。
Franklin : Animals ! Where ? 动物?在哪儿?
Father : Well .Let's see here ... ... 嗯。
看看这儿... ... Okay , there's Pegasus , the horse . 好,这是飞马座,也就是马。
Franklin : I don't see a horse . 我看不见马呀。
Father : It's up there . You have to use your imagination . 就在那儿。
你得稍微有点儿想象力。
Franklin : Hmm ...Show me another one , Dad .
嗯... ... 让我看看别的星云吧,爸爸。
Father : That group of stars ...over here in the North is Ursa Major . the Bear .
那群星星... 也就是在北面这边儿的那群,是大熊星座,也就是熊。
Franklin : The bear ? It doesn't look anything like the Bear I know . 熊?它看起来一点儿都不像我认识的小熊。
Franklin : Whoa ! Did you see that star ?
哇!你看见那颗星星了吗?
Father : That was a firefly that thinks it's a star ! 那是个萤火虫,自以为是颗星星。
Franklin : I'm going to catch it ! Hey .what was that ? 我去把它抓来!嘿,那是什么?
Bat : Woops .Sorry , I don't know you were chasing it too . 哎呀!对不起,我不知道你也在追它。
Franklin : Who are you ?
你是谁?
Bat : Bat .What's your name ? 蝙
蝠。
你叫什么名字?
Franklin : I'm Franklin .You must be new around here . 我叫富兰克林。
你肯定刚来这儿不久。
Bat : No . I've always lived here . When did you move into this neighbourhood ? 不是,我住这儿很久了。
你什么时候搬来这附近的?
Franklin : I've lived here since I was born . How come we've never met before ? 我从出生的时候就住这儿。
那为什么我们以前没遇到过?
Bat 's mom : Bat ,where are you ? You haven't finished your breakfast yet . 小蝙蝠,你在哪儿?你还没吃完你得早餐呢。
Bat : That's my mom .Gotta' go . 那
是我妈妈,我得走了。
Franklin : Wait . Where do you live ?
等等,你住在哪儿?
Bat : In the big oak tree by the bridge . 在桥边的大橡树上。
Franklin : Hey ,Can I visit you sometime ? 我能找个时间去看你吗?
Bat : Sure . That'd be great . 当然,那可太好了。
Franklin : Gee ,It sure is late to be eating breakfast . 天哪,可真晚啊,现在吃早饭。
Father : All bats eat their breakfast right after dark . 所有的蝙蝠吃早饭的时间都是在天黑以后。
Which is just when little turtles should be going to bed . 也就是当小乌龟们改睡觉的
时候。
Franklin : Aw Dad ,do I have to ? 啊,爸爸,我必须得去睡觉吗?
Father : Come on up on my shoulders . 来,爬到我肩膀上。
I'll show you some more stars on the way home . 我再指给你看些星星,在回家的路上。
Franklin : Show me some stars that look a turtle . 让我看看长得像乌龟的星星。
Father : Ah , yes , the constellation called "Franklin " 啊,好的,那个星座叫“富兰克林座”Franklin : Dad .
爸爸。
The Next Morning :
Franklin : Hey , Bat ! Are you home ? Maybe this isn't the right place ... 小蝙蝠,你好!你在家吗?或许他家不在这儿... ... Hey , Bat ! Where are you ?
小蝙蝠!你在哪儿?
Bat : Up here , Franklin . I'll be right down . What ? 在上面这儿,富兰克林。
我就下来。
怎么了?
Franklin : You're upside down . 你怎么倒挂着啊。
Bat : So are you ! Do your mom and dad know you're up this late ? 你也倒立着啊!你爸爸妈妈知道你这么晚还没睡吗?
Franklin : Late ? It's morning . Where are your mom and dad ? 晚?这可是早晨啊。
你爸爸妈妈在哪儿呢?
Bat : Sleeping.
睡觉呢。
Franklin : Gee.Your whole family hangs upside down. 天啊,你们全家都倒挂着。
Bat : Heh,yeah. How do you sleep? 嘿,是啊。
你怎么睡觉?
Franklin : Well,I lie down .But I 'm not a bird.
嗯,我躺下睡,不过我不是鸟。
Bat : I 'm not a bird either. See ? No feathers. 我也不是鸟。
看见了吗?我没有羽毛。
Franklin : Oh,yeah. 哦,是的。
Bat : That tickles. 真痒。
Franklin : Is it hard to fly? 飞行很难吗?
Bat : No.It 's easy. Watch.
不,很容易。
看好了。
Franklin : Wow ! Gee , it must be fun to be able to do that. 哇!天!一定很好玩吧,能这样飞!Bat : Yeah , it is sorta fun. 是啊,有那么点儿吧。
Bat 's Mum : Bat , what are you doing up so late? 小蝙蝠,你这么晚了在干什么呢?
Bat : I 'm coming! 我来啦!
Franklin : You have to go to sleep now ? 你现在必须得睡觉了吗?
Bat : Sure.I 've been up since I saw you last night.
当然。
我还没睡过呢,从昨天晚上见到你到现在。
Franklin : You get to stay up all night? 你一个晚上都没睡?
Bat : Actually.I 'm supposed to have after midnight naps.
实际上,我应该在午夜过后小睡一会儿。
But sometimes I play instead. 不过有时,我玩点什么,不睡了。
Franklin : Can you come over to my place later ? 你能来我家吗?晚点的时候。
Bat : Okey . Where do you live ? 好的,你住在哪里?
Franklin :In the round house by the pond. 在池塘边的那个圆房子里。
Come over right after you 'e had supper •…er breakfast 你一吃完晚饭……
呃……早饭,就过来……
I mean just before dark. 我是说天黑之前。
Bat : Sure.See you later Franklin. 好的,回头见……
Having a bat costume Franklin : Neat. There … all done.
真酷啊。
好了……全部妥了。
Oh yeah.This is great. I look just like him. 哦!真是太棒了。
我看起来简直和他一
模一样。
Bear : Franklin,what are you doing? 富兰克林,你在干吗呢?
Franklin : Trying to get some sleep. 试着睡会儿觉。
Bear : Ummm …upside dow n? 嗯……倒挂着睡?
Franklin :That 's how Bat sleeps. 小蝙
蝠,就是这么睡的。
Bear :Who's Bat? 谁是小蝙蝠?
Franklin :I met him last night. I 've never seen anyone like him!
我昨天晚上认识他的。
从没有见过像他那样的人!
Bear :Yeah?What does he look like? 是吗?他长什么样?
Franklin :He's got ears … and wings … like me! 他有耳朵,还有翅膀,像我这样!
Bear :How come I 've never seen him around? 为什么我从没在附近见过他?
Franklin :Because he sleeps during the day. And he stays up all night. 因为他白天睡觉。
而整个晚上都醒着。
Bear :All right ?How does he play soccer in the dark?
整个晚上?他怎么踢足球啊,天黑黑……的?
Franklin :He doesn't do that stuff. He does other things. 他不踢那玩意儿。
他玩儿别的。
That's what's so neat about him! 这也就是为什么他会那么酷!
Bear :Oh...
哦…… Franklin :Hey . We can both be bats!。