新概念英语第一册课文中英版

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

新概念英语第一册
Lesson1: Excuse me!
Excuse me!
打扰一下
Yes?
什么事?
Is this your handbag?
这是你的手提包吗?
Pardon?
什么?
Is this your handbag?
这是你的手提包吗?
Yes, it is.
是的,它是
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Lesson 3:Sorry sir.
My coat and my umbrella please.
请把我的外套和雨伞给我
Here is my ticket.
这是我的票。

Thank you sir.
谢谢,先生
Number five.
第五号
Here is your umbrella and your coat. 这是你的雨伞和外套
This is not my umbrella.
这不是我的雨伞。

Sorry sir.
对不起,先生。

Is this your umbrella?
这是你的雨伞吗?
No, it isn't.
不,它不是。

Is this it?
这是吗?Yes, it is.
是的,它是
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Lesson 5: Nice to meet you. Good morning.
早上好
Good morning, Mr. Blake.
早上好,布莱克先生。

This is Miss Sophie Dupont. 这是索菲·杜邦小姐
Sophie is a new student.
索菲是一名新学生
She is a French.
她是法国人
Sophie, this is Hans.
索菲,这是汉斯
He is German.
他是德国人。

Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
And this is Naoko.
这是直子
She’s Japanese.
她是日本人
Nice to meet you.
很高兴遇见你
And this is Chang-woo.
这是昌武
He’s Korean.
他是韩国人
Nice to meet you.
很高兴遇见你
And this is Luming.
这是鲁明
He’s Chinese.
他是中国人
Nice to meet you.
很高兴遇见你。

And this is Xiaohui.
这是小慧
She’s Chinese, too.
她也是中国人
Nice to meet you.
很高兴遇见你
Lesson 7: Are you a teacher? I’m a new student.
我是一个新学生。

My name’s Robert.
我的名字叫罗伯特
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你
My name’s Sophie.
我的名字叫索菲
Are you French?
你是法国人吗?
Yes, I’m.
是的,我是。

Are you French, too?
你也是法国人?
No, I’m not.
不,我不是。

What nationality are you?
你是哪国人?
I’m Italian.
我是意大利人。

Are you a teacher?
你是老师吗?
No, I’m not.
不,我不是
What’s your job?
你是做什么工作的?
I’m a keyboard operator.
我是一个键盘操作员。

What’s your job?
你是做什么工作的?I’m an engineer.
我是一名工程师
Lesson 9: How are you today? Hello, Helen.
你好,海伦
Hi, Steven.
你好,斯蒂文
How are you today?
你今天好吗?
I’m very well, Thank you.
我非常好,谢谢。

And you?
你呢?
I’m fine, thanks.
我很好,谢谢。

How is Tony?
托尼怎么样?
He’s fine, Thanks.
他很好,谢谢。

How’s Emma?
埃玛好吗?
She’s very well, too, Helen.
她也非常好,海伦。

Goodbye, Helen.
再见,海伦
Nice to see you.
很高兴再见到你
Nice to see you, too, Steven. 也很高兴再见到你,斯蒂文Goodbye.
再见。

Lesson 11: Is this your shirt? Whose shirt is that?
那是谁的衬衫?
Is this your shirt, Dave?
这是你的衬衫吗?大为?
No, sir.
不,先生。

It’s not my shirt.
它不是我的衬衫。

This is my shirt.
这是我的衬衫。

My shirts blue.
我的衬衫是蓝色的。

Is this shirt Tim’s?
这衬衫是汤姆的吗?
Perhaps it is, sir.
可能是吧,先生
Tim’s shirts white.
汤姆的衬衫是白色的。

Tim!
提姆
Yes, sir.
什么事?先生
Is this your shirt?
这是你的衬衫吗?
Yes, Sir.
是的,先生。

Here you are.
给你
Catch.
接住
Thank you, sir.
谢谢,先生
Lesson 13: A new dress What color is your new dress? 你的新裙子是什么颜色的?
It is green.
它是绿色的?
Come upstairs and see it.
到楼上去看下。

Thanks you.
谢谢
Look!
看Here it is!
在这里
That’s a nice dress.
那是一件很好的裙子。

It’s very smart.
它非常的时髦
My hat’s new, too.
我的帽子也是新的。

What color is it?
它什么颜色?
It’s the same color.
同样的颜色
It’s green, too.
也是绿色的。

That’s a lovely hat.
那时一定可爱的帽子。

Lesson 15: Your passport, please. Are you Swedish?
你们是瑞典人吗?
No, we are not.
不,我们不是。

We are Danish.
我们是丹麦人。

Are your friends Danish, too?
你的朋友们也是丹麦人?
No, they aren’t.
不,他们不是。

They are Norwegian.
他们是挪威人。

Your passport, please.
请出示你们的护照。

Here they are.
给你。

Are there your cases?
这是你们的箱子吗?
No, they aren’t.
不,它们不是。

Our cases are brown.
我们的箱子是棕色的。

Here they are.
给你
Are you tourists?
你们是旅行者吗?
Yes, we are.
是的,我们是。

Are your friends tourists too?
你的朋友们也是吗?
Yes, they are.
是的,他们也是
That’s fine.
好的
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Lesson 17: How do you do
Come and meet our employees, Mr. Richards. 过来认识下我们的员工,理查兹先生
Thank you, Mr. Jackson.
谢谢,杰克逊先生
This is Nicola Grey, and this is Claire Taylor.
这是尼克拉斯,这是克莱尔泰咯
How do you do?
你好
Those women are very hard-working.
哪些女人非常的勤奋。

What are their jobs?
他们的工作是什么?
They’re ke yboard operators.
她们是键盘操作员。

This is Michael Baker, and this is Jeremy Short. 这是迈克尔贝克,这是杰里米肖特
How do you do?
你好
They aren’t very busy!
他们不是很忙。

What are their jobs?
他们的工作是什么?
They’re sales reps. 他们是销售员。

They are very lazy.
他们非常的懒惰。

Who is this young man?
这个年轻人是谁?
This is Jim.
这是吉姆
He is our office assistant.
他是我们办公室的助手
Lesson 19: Tired and thirsty What’s the mat ter, children? 怎么啦?孩子们。

We are tired and thirsty, Mum. 我们很来很渴。

妈妈/
Sit down here.
坐在这里吧
Are you all right now?
现在好了吗?
No, we aren’t.
不,我们没好,
Look!

There’s an ice cream man. 那里有一个卖冰淇凌的人。

Two ice creams please.
两块冰淇凌,请。

Here you are, children.
给你们,孩子们。

Thanks, Mum.
谢谢,妈妈。

There ice creams are nice.
这个冰淇凌很好
Are you all right now?
现在好些了吗?
Yes, we are, thank you.
是的,我们好了,谢谢
Lesson 21: Which book?
Give me a book please, Jane.
请给我书,简
Which book?
哪一本?
This one?
这本吗?
No, not that one. The red one.
不,不是那本,红色的那本。

This one?
这本?
Yes, please.
是的,请。

Here you are.
给你。

Thank you.
谢谢。

Lesson 23: Which glasses?
Give me some glasses please, Jane. 请给我一些杯子,简
Which glasses?
哪些杯子?
These glasses.
这些杯子。

No, not those. The ones on the shelf. 不,不是那些,是架子上那些。

These?
这些?
Yes, please.
是的,请。

Here you are.
给你。

Thanks.
谢谢。

Lesson25: Mrs. Smith’s kitchen Mrs. Smith’s kitchen is small.
史密斯夫人的厨房很小。

There is a refrigerator in the kitchen. 厨房里有个冰箱。

The refrigerator is white.
冰箱的颜色是白色的。

It is on the right.
它位于厨房的右边。

There is an electric cooker in the kitchen.
厨房里有个电灶。

The cooker is blue.
灶的颜色是蓝的。

It is on the left.
它位于厨房的左边。

There is a table in the middle of the room. 房间的中央有一张桌子。

There is a bottle on the table.
桌子上有个瓶子。

The bottle is empty.
瓶子是空的。

There is a cup on the table, too.
桌子上还有一只杯子。

The cup is clean.
杯子很干净。

Lesson 27: Mrs. Smith’s living room Mrs. Smith’s living room is large.
史密斯夫人的客厅很大。

There is a television in the room.
房间里有台电视机。

The television is near the window.
电视机在窗户的附近。

There are some magazines on the television. 电视机上有几本杂志。

There is a table in the room.
客厅里有张桌子。

There are some newspapers on the table.
桌子上放着几份报子。

There are some armchairs in the room.
客厅里有几把扶手椅。

The armchairs are near the table.
那些扶手椅靠近桌子。

There is a stereo in the room.
客厅里有台立体声音响。

The stereo is near the door.
音响靠近门。

There are some books on the stereo.
音响上面有几本书。

There are some pictures in the room.
客厅里有几幅画。

The pictures are on the wall.
画挂在墙上。

Lesson 29: Come in, Amy.
Come in, Amy.
进来,艾米。

Shut the door, please.
请把门关上。

This bedroom is very untidy.
这卧室太不整齐了。

What must I do, Mrs. Jones?
我应该做些什么,琼斯夫人?
Open the window and air the room.
打开窗户,给房间通风。

Then put these clothes in the wardrobe.(衣橱)然后把这些衣服放进衣橱里。

Then make the bed.
再把床整理下。

Dust the dressing table.
弹掉梳妆台上的灰尘。

Then sweep the floor.
然后扫地。

Lesson31: Where’s Sally?
Where’s Sally, Jack?
萨莉在哪里,杰克?
She’s in the garden, Jane.
她在花园里,简
What’s she doing?
她在干什么?
She’s sitting under the tree.
她正在树荫下坐着。

Is Tim in the garden, too?
蒂姆也在花园里吗?
Yes, he is.
是的,他也在花园里。

He’s climbing the tree.
他正在爬树。

I beg your pardon?
你说什么?
Who’s climbing the tree.
谁在爬树?
Tim is.
蒂姆在爬树。

What about the dog?
那么狗呢?
The dog’s in the garden, too.
狗也在花园里。

It’s running across the grass.
它正在草地上跑。

It’s running after a cat.
在追一只猫。

Lesson 33: A fine day
It’s a fine day today.
今天天气好。

There are some clouds in the sky, but the sun is shining.
天空中飘着几朵云,但阳光灿烂。

Mr. Jones’s with his family.
琼斯先生和他的家人在一起。

They are walking over the bridge.
他们正在过桥。

There are some boats on the river.
河上有几艘船。

Mr. Jones and his wife are looking at them.
琼斯先上和他的妻子正在看这些船。

Sally is looking at a big ship.
萨莉正在观看一艘大船。

The ship is going under the bridge.
那船正从桥下驶过。

Tim is looking at an aeroplane.
蒂姆正望着一架飞机。

The aeroplane is flying over the river.
飞机正从河上飞过。

Lesson 35: Our village
This is a photograph of our village.
这是我们村庄的一张照片。

Our village is in a valley.
我们的村庄坐落在一个山谷之中。

It is between two hills.
它位于两座小山之间。

The village is on a river.
它靠近一条小河。

Here is another photograph of the village.
这是我们村庄的另一张照片。

My wife and I are walking alone the banks of the river.
我和我妻子正沿着河岸散步。

We are on the left.
我们在河的左侧
There is a boy in the water.
河里面有个男孩。

He is swimming across the river.
他正在游泳过河。

Here is another photograph.
这是另一张照片。

This is the school building.
这是学校大楼。

It is beside a park.
它位于公园的旁边。

The park is on the right.
公园在右边。

Some children are coming out of the building. 一些孩子正从大楼里出来。

Some of them are going into the park.
他们中的几个正走进公园。

Lesson37: Making a bookcase
You’re working hard, George. 你干的真辛苦,乔治。

What are you doing?
你在做什么呢?
I’m making a bookcase.
我正在做一个书架。

Give me that hammer please, Dan.
请把那把锤子拿给我,丹。

Which hammer.
哪一把?
This one?
是这把吗?
No, not that one.
不,不是那一把。

The big one.
是大的那把。

Here you are.
给你。

Thanks, Dan.
谢谢,丹。

What are you going to do now, George?
你现在打算干什么?乔治。

I’m going to paint it.
我打算把它油漆下。

What colour are you going to paint it?
你打算把它漆成什么颜色?
I’m going to paint it pink.
我打算把它漆成粉色?
Pink!
粉色?
This bookcase isn’t for me.
这个书架不是为我做的?
It’s for my daughter, Susan.
是为我女儿苏珊作的。

Pink’s her favorite colour.
粉色是她最喜欢的颜色。

Lesson39: Don’t drop it!
What are you going to do with that vase, Penny? 你打算如何处理那花瓶,彭尼?
I’m goin g to put it on this table, Sam.
我打算把它放到这桌上,萨姆。

Don’t do that.
不要放那里。

Give it to me.
把它给我。

What are you going to do with it?
你打算怎么办?
I’m going to put it here, in front of the window. 我准备把它放到这儿,放到窗户前面。

Be careful.
小心哦。

Don’t drop it!
别摔了。

Don’t put it there, Sam.
别放那儿,萨姆。

Put it here, on this shelf.
放这儿,放架子上。

There we are!
给你。

It’s a lovely vase.
这是只漂亮的花瓶。

Those flowers are lovely, too.
那些花也很漂亮。

Lesson41: Penny’s bag
Is that bag heavy, Penny?
那个包很重吗,彭丽?
Not very.
不是很重。

Here!
放这里。

Put it on this chair.
把它放这把椅子上。

What’s in it?
里面是什么东西?
A piece of cheese.
一片奶酪A loaf of bread.
一块面包。

A bar of soap.
一块肥皂。

A bar of chocolate.
一块巧克力。

A bottle of milk.
一瓶牛奶。

A pound of sugar.
一磅糖
Half a pound of coffee.
半磅咖啡。

A quarter of a pound of tea.
1/4磅茶叶。

And a tin of tobacco.
和一听烟草。

Is that tin of tobacco for me?
那听烟草是给我的吗?
Well, it’s certainly not for me!
噢,当然不是给我的。

Lesson43: Hurry up!
Can you make the tea, Sam?
你会沏茶吗?萨姆
Yes, of course I can, Penny.
是的,我当然会,彭丽。

Is there any water in this kettle(水壶)?
这水壶里有水吗?
Yes, there is.
有水。

Where’s the tea?
茶叶在哪里?
It’s over there, behind the teapot.
就在那儿,茶壶的后面。

Can you see it?
你看见了吗?
I can see the teapot, but I can’t see the tea. 我看见了茶壶,但是没有看见茶叶。

There it is!
那不是吗?
It’s in front of you.
就在你眼前。

Ah yes, I can see it now.
哦,是阿,我现在看见了。

Where are the cups?
茶杯在哪里?
There are some in the cupboard(碗橱).
碗橱里有几只。

Can you find them?
你找得到吗?
Yes. Here they are.
找得到,就在这里。

Hurry up, Sam.
快,萨姆。

The kettle’s boiling.
水开了。

lesson45
THE BOSS: Can you come here a minute
please, Bob?
你能过来一会儿吗,鲍勃?Bob: Yes, sir?
什么事,先生?
THE BOSS: Where's Miss Pamela?
帕梅拉在哪里?
Bob: She's next door. She's in her office, sir.
她在隔壁,在她的办公室里,先生。

THE BOSS: Can she type this letter for me? Ask
her please.
她能为我打下这封信吗?问问她。

Bob: Yes, sir.
好的,先生。

Bob: Can you type this letter for the boss please, Miss Pamela?
请你把这封信帮老板打一下,可以吗,帕梅拉?MISS Pamela: Yes, of course I can.
可以,当然可以。

Bob: Here you are.
给你。

MISS Pamela: Thank you, Bob.
谢谢,鲍勃。

MISS Pamela: Bob!
鲍勃。

Bob: Yes? What's the matter?
什么事?怎么啦?
MISS Pamela: I can't type this letter.
我打不了这封信。

Miss Pamela: I can't read it! The boss's handwriting
is terrible!
我看不懂这封信,老板的书写太糟糕了。

lesson47 A cup of coffee
MRS YOUNG: Do you like coffee, Mrs Price?
你喜欢咖啡吗,安?
MRS PRICE: Yes, I do.
是的,我喜欢的。

MRS YOUNG: Do you want a cup?
你想要一杯吗?
MRS PRICE: Yes, please. Mrs Young.
好的,请来一杯,克雷斯汀
MRS YOUNG: Do you want any sugar?
你要放些糖吗?
MRS PRICE: Yes, please.
好的,请放一些。

MRS YOUNG: Do you want any milk?
要放些牛奶吗?
MRS PRICE: No, thank you. I don't like milk
in my coffee. I like black coffee.
不,谢谢。

我不喜欢咖啡中放牛奶,我喜
欢清咖啡。

MRS YOUNG: Do you like biscuits?
你喜欢饼干吗?
MRS PRICE: Yes, I do.
是的,我喜欢。

MRS YOUNG: Do you want one?
你想要一块吗?
MRS PRICE: Yes, please.
好的,请来一块。

lesson49 At the butcher’s
BUTCHER: Do you want any meat today,
Mrs Bird?
你今天要买点肉吗,伯德夫人?
MRS BIRD: Yes, please.
是的,我买一点
BUTCHER: This lamb's very good.
这羔羊肉非常好
MRS BIRD: I like lamb, but my husband
doesn't .
我喜欢羔羊肉,可我丈夫不喜欢。

BUTCHER: What about some steak? This
is a nice piece.
来点牛排吧?这块很好。

MRS BIRD: Give me that piece please.
请给我那块吧。

BUTCHER: Do you want a chicken, Mrs
Bird? They're very nice.
你要买只鸡吗?这些鸡非常好。

MRS BIRD: No, thank you.
不了,谢谢
MRS BIRD: My husband likes steak, but he
doesn't like chicken.
我丈夫喜欢牛排,他不喜欢鸡BUTCHER: To tell you the truth, Mrs. Bird, I
don't like chicken, either !
说实话,我也不喜欢鸡,伯德夫人。

lesson51 A pleasant climate
HANS: Where do you come from?
你来自哪里?
DIMITRI: I come from Greece.
我来自希腊。

HANS: What's the climate like in your country?
你们国家的气候怎么样?
DIMITRI: It's very pleasant.
非常的使人愉快。

Hans: What's the weather like in spring?
春天的天气怎么样?
DIMITRI: It's often windy in March. It's always
warm in April and May, but it rains
sometimes.
三月经常有风,四月和五月总是暖和的,但有时候会下雨。

HANS: What's it like in summer?
夏天呢?
DIMITRI: It's always hot in June, July and August.
The sun shines every day.
六月总是很热,七月和八月每天太阳照耀。

HANS: Is it cold or warm in autumn?
秋天是冷还是暖和?
DIMITRI: It's always warm in September and
October. It's often cold in November and
it rains sometimes.
九月和十月通常是暖和的,十一月常常很冷有时会下雨。

HANS: Is it very cold in winter?
冬天非常的冷吗?
DIMITRI: It's often cold in December, January and February. It snows sometimes.
十二月、一月和二月常常很冷,有时会下雪。

lesson53 An interesting climate
HANS: Where do you come from?
你来自哪里?
JIM: I come from England.
我来自英格兰。

HANS: What's the climate like in your
country?
你们国家的气候怎么样?
Jim: It's mild(温和的), but it's not always
pleasant.
气候温和,但不总是那么的使人愉快。

Jim: The weather's often cold in the North
and windy in the East. It's often wet in the
West and sometimes warm in the South. 备方通常很冷,东方多风,西方很潮湿,南方有时很暖和。

Hans: Which seasons do you like best?
你最喜欢哪个季节?
Jim: I like spring and summer. The days are long and the nights are short. The sun
rises early and sets late.
我喜欢春天和夏天,白天长夜晚短,太阳升起很早,落下很晚。

I don't like autumn and winter. The days are short
and the nights are long. The sun rises late
and sets early.
我不喜欢秋天和冬天,白天短夜晚长,太阳升起晚,落下早。

Our climate is not very good, but it's certainly
interesting. It's our favorite subject of
conversation.
我们那里的气候不是非常的好,但确实很有趣,这是我们谈论的最好话题。

lesson55 The Sawyer family
The Sawyers live at 87 King Street.
索耶尔居住在国王大街87号。

In the morning, Mr. Sawyer goes to work and the children go to school. Their father takes them to school every day.
在早上,索耶尔先生上班,孩子们上学,他们的爸爸每天带他们去学校。

Mrs. Sawyer stays at home every day. She does the housework. She always eats her lunch at noon.
In the afternoon, she usually sees her friends. They often drink tea together.
索耶尔夫人每天呆在家里,她做家务活,她总是在中午吃午饭,在下午她通常去看她的朋友,他们经常在一起喝茶
In the evening, the children come home from school. They arrive home early.
在傍晚,孩子们从放学回家很早。

Mr Sawyer comes home from work. He arrives home late.
索耶尔下班回家很晚
At night, the children always do their homework. Then they go to bed. Mr Sawyer usually reads his newspaper, but sometimes he and his wife watch television.
在晚上,孩子们总是昨晚家庭作业后睡觉,索耶尔通常看报纸,但有些时候他和他的妻子一起看电视
lesson57 An unusual day
It is eight o'clock. The children go to school by car every day, but today, they are going to school on foot.
现在是8点钟,孩子们每天乘汽车去上学,但今天,孩子们走路去上学
It is ten o'clock. Mrs Sawyer usually stays at home in the morning, but this morning, she is going to the shops.
现在10点钟,在上午索耶尔夫人通常呆在家里,但今天上午她去了商店
It is four o’cl ock. In the afternoon, Mrs Sawyer usually drinks tea in the living-room, but this afternoon, she is drinking tea in the garden.
现在是4点钟,在下午索耶尔夫人通常在客厅喝茶,但今天下午她在花园喝茶。

It is six o’clock. In the evening, the children usually do their homework, but this evening, they are not doing their homework. At the moment, they are playing in the garden.
现在是6点钟,在傍晚孩子们通常作家庭作业,但今天傍晚他们没有做家庭作业,此时他们在花园玩耍。

It is nine o’clock, Mr. Sawyer usually reads his newspaper at night, but he is not reading his newspaper tonight. At the moment, he is reading an interesting book.
现在是9点钟,在晚上索耶尔先生通常读报纸,而此时他在读一本有趣的书。

lesson59 Is that all?
LADY: I want some envelopes please.
我想买一些信封。

STATIONER: Do you want the large size, or the
small size?
你想要大的还是小的?
LADY: The large size please.
请给我大的。

LADY: Have you any writing-paper
你有信纸吗?
Stationer: Yes, we do.
是的,我们有。

Stationer: I haven't any small pads. I only
have large ones. Do you want a
pad(便签簿)?
我们没有小的,只有大的,你想要一个便签薄吗?LADY: Yes, please.
是的,请
LADY: And I want some black ink and
some glue.
我还想要一些黑色墨水和一些胶水。

Stationer: A bottler of ink and a bottle of
glue.
一瓶墨水和一瓶胶水。

LADY: And I want a large box of chalk,
too.
我还想要一大盒粉笔。

Stationer: I only have small boxes. Do you
want one?
我只有小盒的,你想要吗?
LADY: No, thank you.
不,谢谢。

Stationer: Is that all?
就这些吗?
LADY: That's all, thank you.
就这些了,谢谢。

Stationer: What else do you want?
还要其他的吗?
LADY: I want my change.
我想要我的零钱。

lesson61
MR WILLIANMS: Where's Jimmy?
吉姆在哪里?
MRS WILLIAMS: He's in bed.
他在床上。

MR WILLIAMS: What's the matter with him?
他怎么啦?
MRS WILLIAMS: He feels ill.
他感觉生病了。

MR WILLIAMS: He looks ill.
他看起来病了。

MRS WILLIAMS: We must call the doctor. 我们必须叫医生。

MR WILLIAMS: Yes, we must.
好的。

MR WILLIAMS: Can you remember the
doctor's telephone
number?
你记得医生的电话号码吗?
MRS WILLIAMS: Yes. It's 09754.
记得,号码是09754
DOCTOR: Open your mouth, Jimmy. Show me your tongue. Say, 'Ah'.
张开你的嘴巴,吉姆,把舌头伸出来,说“啊”
MR WILLIMAMS: What's the matter with
him, doctor?
医生,吉姆怎么样了?
DOCTOR: He has a bad cold, Mr
Williams, so he must stay in
bed for a week.
他得了感冒,威廉姆斯先生,他必须在床上呆一周。

MRS WILLIAMS: That's good news for Jimmy. 对吉姆来说,那是一个好消息。

DOCTOR: Good news? Why?
好消息,为什么?
MR WILLIAMS: Because he doesn't like
school!
因为他不喜欢上课。

lesson63 Thank you , doctor.
DOCTOR: How's Jimmy today?
吉姆今天怎么样了?
MRS WILLIAMS: He's better , thank you, doctor.
他好多了,谢谢医生。

DOCTOR: Can I see him please, Mrs Williams? 我能看下吉姆吗,威廉斯夫人。

MRS WILLIAMS: Certainly, doctor. Come upstairs. 当然,医生,上楼吧。

DOCTOR: You look very well, Jimmy. You are better now, but you mustn't get up yet. You must stay in bed for another two days.
你看起来非常好,吉姆,现在好多了,但你还不能起床,你还必须在床上再呆两天。

DOCTOR: The boy mustn't go to school yet, Mrs Williams. And he mustn't eat rich food. 这孩子还不能去学校,威廉斯夫人,他不能吃油腻的食物。

Mrs Williams: Does he have a temperature,
doctor?
他发高烧吗,医生?
Doctor: No, he doesn’t.
没有。

MRS WILLIAMS: Must he stay in bed?
必须呆在床上吗?
DOCTOR: Yes. He must remain in bed for
another two days. He can get up for about
two hours each day, but you must keep
the room warm.
是的,必须再在床上呆2天,每天可以起来2小时,但是必须保持房间暖和。

DOCTOR: Where's Mr Williams this evening?
今天晚上威廉斯先生在哪里?
MRS WILLIAMS: He's in bed, doctor. Can you see him, please? He has a bad cold, too!
他在床上,医生,你能看下他吗,他也得了重感冒。

lesson65 Not a baby
FATHER: What are you going to do this evening, Betty?
你今晚打算做什么,贝蒂?
Betty: I'm going to meet some friends, Dad.
我打算去看我的一些朋友,爸爸。

FATHER: You mustn't come home late. You must be home at half past ten.
你不能回来的太晚,你必须十点半回来。

BETTY: I can’t get home so early, Dad. Can I have the key to the front door, please?
我不能那么早回来,爸爸,能给我前门的钥匙吗?FATHER: NO, you can't.
不,不能给你。

MOTHER: Betty's eighteen years old, Tom. She's not a baby. Give her the key. She always comes home early.
贝蒂现在18岁了,汤姆。

她不是个小孩,给她钥匙,她总是回来的很早。

FATHER: Oh, all right!
哦,好吧。

FATHER: Here you are. But you mustn't come home after a quarter past eleven. Do you hear?
给你,但是你不能11:45以后回来,听见没有?BETTY: Yes, Dad.
好的,爸爸
BETTY: Thanks, Mum.
谢谢妈妈。

MOTHER: That's all right. Goodbye. Enjoy yourself!
不要谢,再见,玩的愉快
BETTY: We always enjoy ourselves, Mum. Bye, bye.
我们总是玩的很愉快,妈妈。

lesson67 The weekend
MRS JOHNSON: Hullo, Mrs Williams. Were
you at the butcher's?
喂,威廉斯夫人,你在肉店吗?
MRS WILLIAMS: Yes. I was. Were you at the butcher’s ,too?
是的,你也在肉店?
MRS JOHNSON: No, I w asn’t. I was at the greengrocer’s. How’s Jimmy today?不,我不在,我在蔬菜水果店,吉姆今天怎么样了?MRS WILLIAMS: He’s very well, thank you.他很好,谢谢。

MRS JOHNSON: Was he absent from school last week?
上周他没有去上课吗?
MRS WILLIAMS: Yes, he was. He was absent on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. How are you all keeping?(你们身体怎么样?)
是的,他周一,周二,周三和周四都没有去,你们身体怎么样?
MRS JOHNSON: Very well, thank you.
非常好,谢谢。

We’re going to spend three days in the country. We’re going to stay at my mother’s for t he week-end.
我打算花三天在我们村里,这个周末我打算呆在我妈妈家MRS WILLIAMS: Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the country! Aren’t you lucky!
周五,周六,周日在乡村,不愉快吗?
Lesson69 The car race
There is a car race near our town every year.
我们镇每年都会有一次赛车比赛
In 1968, there was a very big race.
在1968年,有一次非常大的比赛
There were hundreds of people there.
有上百计的人在这里
My wife and I were at the race.
我妻子和我在赛场Our friends, Julie and Jack were there, too.
我们的朋友,朱莉和杰克也在哪里。

You can see us in the crowd. We are standing on the left.
你能看见我们在人群中,我们站在左边。

There were twenty cars in the race.
有20辆车在赛场。

There were English cars, French cars, German cars, Italian cars, American cars and Japanese cars.
有英国车,法国车,德国车,意大利车,美国车和日本车It was an exciting finish. The winner was Billy Stewart.
那是一个令人激动的结局,获胜者是比尼斯图尔特
He was in car number fifteen. Five other cars were just behind him.
他的车是15号,5辆车跟在他后面
On the way home, my wife said to me, “Don’t drive so quickly! You’re not Billy Stewart!”
在回家的路上,我妻子对我说:“不要开这么快,你不是比尼斯图尔特”
Lesson 71 He’s awful
Jane : What’s Ron Marston li ke , Pauline ? 朗马斯顿是个什么样的人,波林?
Pauline : He’s awful ! He telephoned me four times yesterday , and three times the day before yesterday.
他很讨厌,昨天他给我打四次电话,前天打三次。

Pauline: He telephoned the office yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon. My boss answered the telephone .
今天早上和昨天下午,他电话打到我办公司,我老板接的电话。

Jane : What did your boss say to him ?
你的老板对他说什么?
Pauline: He said ,”Miss Pauline is typing letters .She can’t speak to you now !”
他说:“她正在打一封信,她现在不能和你说话。

”Pauline : Then I arrived home at six o’clock
yesterday evening .He telephoned again .But I didn’t answer the phone !
我昨晚六点到家时,他又打电话给我,但是我没有接。

Jane : Did he telephone again last night ?
昨晚他又给你打电话了吗?
Pauline : Yes , he did . He telephoned at nine
o’clock .
是的,他就点钟又打了。

Jane : What did you say to him ?
你对他怎么说的?
Pauline : I said ,”This is Pauline ‘s mother . Please don’t telephone my daughter again !”
我说:我是波琳的妈妈,请你不要再给我的女儿打电话。

Jane : Did he telephone again ?
后来他打过电话吗?
Pauline : No , he didn’t !
没。

他没有打过了。

Lesson73 The way to King Street
Last week Mrs Mills went to London. She does not know London very well, and she lost her way.
上周,米太太想去伦敦,她对伦敦不是很熟悉,她迷路了。

Suddenly, she saw a man near a bus-shop. “ I can ask him the way.” She said to herself.
突然,她看见一个人在公共汽车站旁,“我可以去问他路怎么走”她自言自语。

“Excuse me,” she said.
“打扰一下“,她说道
“Can you tell me the way to King Street please?”你能告诉我去国王街怎么走吗?
The man smiled pleasantly. He did not understand English! He spoke German. He was a tourist.
那个人愉快的笑着,他不懂英语,他说的德语,他是一个旅行者。

Then he put his hand into his pocket, and took out a phrase-book.
然后他把手放到口袋里拿出一本短语手册。

He opened the book and found a phrase. He read the phrase slowly. 他打开手册,并找到短语,慢慢的说
“I am sorry,” he said. “ I do not speak English.”“对不起:他说道”我不懂英语“
Lesson 75 Uncomfortable shoes
LADY : Have you any shoes like these? 你有这样的鞋吗?
SALESMAN: What size?
多大号?
Lady: Size five.
5号的
Salesman: What colour?
什么颜色?
Lady: Black.
黑色。

Salesman: I’m sorry. We haven’t any.
对不起,我们没有
Lady: But my sister bought this pair last month.
但是我姐姐买过一双,在上个月
Salesman: Did she buy them here?
她在这里买的吗?
Lady: No, she bought them in the U.S. 不,她在美国买的
Salesman: We had some shoes like those a month ago, but we haven’t any now.
一个月前,我们有一些这样的鞋,但是现在没有了Lady: Can you get a pair for me please? 你能给我一双吗?
Salesman: I’m afraid that I can’t. They were in fashion last year and the year before last. But they’re not in fashion this year.
我恐怕不行,他们去年和前年很流行,但是今年不流行了
Salesman: These shoes are in fashion now. 这些鞋现在很流行
Lady: They look very uncomfortable. 它们看起来很不舒服
Salesman: They are very uncomfortable. But women always wear uncomfortable shoes!
他们确实不舒服,但是女人通常穿不舒服的鞋。

Lesson77 Terrible toothache
Nurse: Good morning, Mr Croft.
早上好,克勒夫特
Mr Croft: Good morning, nurse. I want to see the dentist, please.
早上好,护士,我想见牙医
Nurse: Have you an appointment?(有预约吗?)
Mr Croft: No, I haven’t .
不,没有
Nurse: Is it urgent?
很紧急吗?
Mr Croft: Yes, it is . It’s very urgent. I feel awful. I have a terrible toothache.
是的,非常紧急。

我感觉糟糕,我的牙很痛
Nurse: Can you come at 10 am on Monday, April 24th?
你能在四月24号,周一上午10点来吗?
Mr Croft: I must see the dentist now, nurse. 我必须现在见牙医,护士
Nurse: The dentist is very busy at the moment. Can you come at 2:00 PM?
牙医现在很忙,你能在下午2点来吗?
Mr Croft: That’s very late. Can’t the dentist see me now?
那太晚了,牙医现在不能见我吗?
Nurse: I’m afraid that he can’t , Mr Croft. Can’t you wait till this afternoon?
恐怕他不行,克勒夫特先生,你不能等到下午吗?
Mr Croft: I can wait, but my toothache can’t !
我能等,但是我的牙齿不能等
Lesson79 Peggy’s shopping-list
Tom: What are you doing, Peggy?
你在做什么。

彭尼?Peggy: I’m making a shopping-list, Tom.
我在整理购物清单
Tom: What do we need?
我们需要什么?
Peggy: We need a lot of things this week.
我们这周需要很多东西
Peggy: I must go to the grocer’s. We haven’t got much tea or coffee, and we haven’t got any sugar or jam.
我必须去百货店,我们没有太多的茶和咖啡,我们没有太多的糖和果酱
Tom: What about vegetables?
蔬菜呢?
Peggy: I must go to the greengrocer’s. We haven’t got many tomatoes, but we’ve got a lot of potatoes.
我必须去水果蔬菜店,我们没有太多的西红柿,我们有许多土豆
Peggy: I must go to the butcher’s, too. We need some meat. We haven’t got any meat at all.我还必须去肉店,我们需要一些肉米,我们没有太多的肉米
Tom: Have we got any beer and wine?
我们有红酒和啤酒吗?
Peggy: No, we haven’t. And I’m not going to get any!
不,没有,我没有打算去买。

Tom: I hope that you’ve got some money.我希望你还有一些钱
Peggy: I haven’t got much.
我没有许多
Tom: Well, I haven’t got much either!
噢,我也没有多少。

Lesson81 Roast beef and potato.
John: Hullo, Peggy! Where’s Tom?
喂,彭尼,汤姆在哪里?
Peggy: He’s upstairs. He’s having a bath.
他在楼上洗澡
Peggy: Tom!。

相关文档
最新文档