美剧最常说的8句俚语

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

外教一对一

美剧最常说的8句俚语

1.LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY

放飞自我

to let others see your uniqueness

让别人看到你的不同(放飞自我,张扬个性)

例:

My colleagues were surprised at the Christmas party- I let my freak flag fly and showed them a break dance routine. 我的同事都很惊讶我在圣诞舞会上的表现——放飞自我,展示了霹雳舞。

2.GET OUT OF HAND

失控

when you lose control of things, they get out of hand

当你是对事情失去控制了,就叫失控

例:

The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.

当宾客们开始朝对方互扔瓶子时,这个派队就失去控制了。

外教一对一 3.GET YOUR HEAD AROUND IT

理解,相信

to understand something

知道,了解

例:

I just can't get my head around the fact that Joe is leaving us.

我只是难以相信Joe已经离开我们这个事实罢了。

4.POUND THE PAVEMENT

徘徊街头找工作

to walk the streets looking for a job

穿梭街头找工作

例:

I'd been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.

我已经在街头徘徊数月了,终于在一家快餐店找到了一份工作。

5.PULL A RABBIT OUT OF A HAT

外教一对一

出其不意

to do something unexpected that may have seemed impossible

做看起来不可能的并且无法预料到的事情

例:

I thought we were going bankrupt, but my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract. 我本来以为我们要破产了,但是,我的合伙人出乎意料的完成了不可能的是事情,我们签了一个大合同。

6.STEP UP YOUR GAME

迎头赶上

to start performing better

开始表现的更好

例:

If you want to win this competition, you'll have to step up your game.

如果你想要赢得这场比赛,你得加把劲了。

7.SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

要么好好干,要么走人

外教一对一 either start performing better or leave

表现好一些,否则离开

例:

This is the last time I'm telling you to arrive on time. Shape up or ship out.

这是我最后一次警告你准时到达。你要么好好干,要么走人!

8.BY THE SKIN OF YOUR TEETH

勉强做成某事

When you do something by the skin of your teeth, you only just succeed/ nearly fail

你刚好一点点成功了/你差一点点就失败了

例:

I hadn't studied much, but passed the test by the skin of my teeth.

我没有学很多,但是我低分飘过考试。

相关文档
最新文档