有关选举情景对话
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
有关选举情景对话
1:
Man: I wish the politicians would quit digging up dirt about each other's past.
我希望政客们不要再继续挖掘彼此过去的丑闻。
Woman: I know. It really makes all of the whole election process.
我也这么想,这让选举过程变得好乱。
Man: And it takes up all the news.
而且也占据了新闻的版面。
Woman: The problem is that there always a large number of people who eat that kind of stuff up.
问题是有很多人就是爱看这类新闻。
Man: It's so small. The fact that there is public interest, doesn't say much for us as the public.
这是很微不足道的事,事实上还有民众利益,都没有对我们这些大众提到太多。
Woman: Have you ever listened to AM radio? It's quite a different experience than the traditional news stations on TV and FM radio.
你收听过AM电台吗?它和传统的新闻电视台及FM电台很不一样。
Man: I don't remember the last time I listened to AM radio.
我上次收听AM电台是好久以前的事。
Woman: Another place you can get real insight is European papers. You can get them on-line.
欧洲的报纸也可以看到比较真实的见解,你可以上网阅读。
2:
Man: I still haven't received my voter registration card.
我到现在都还没收到投票登记卡。
Woman: I wonder what happened?
不知道发生什么事?
Man: I don't know, but I don't think I can vote without it.
不知道,可是没有那张卡,我就没办法投票了。
Woman: No, you can't.
的确不行。
Man: Who can I call to hunt it down for me?
我要打电话给谁才能找到那张卡?
Woman: Didn't you request it from the DMV when you got your new driver's license?
你去领新驾照时,好像是去机动车管理所拿的。
Man: That's right. I'll just call the DMV.
没错,我这就打电话给管理所。
Woman: And if they don't know how to assist you, you could try the city offices.
如果他们不知道要怎么帮你,你还可以打电话给市政府。
3:
Boy: We need to elect club officials before the summer starts.
我们必须在放暑假前选出社团干部。
Girl: I guess we should start with nominees first.
我想我们应该先推举候选人。
Boy: Let's make it the first item of business in our next meeting.
好,把它列为我们下次开会时第一件要做的事。
Girl: We should probably let everyone know ahead of time so they will be prepared.
我们可能要在会前先告诉其他人,这样大家才能准备。
Boy: Can you take care of sending out a bulletin by e-mail to all the club members?
你可以写电子邮件通知所有会员吗?
Girl: Yes, I can do that this afternoon.
可以,我今天下午就可以寄出。
Boy: Let's schedule the actual election times the week after the nominations. Doesn't that seem logical?
我们就把实际选举时间定在候选名单出炉之后的下一周,这样应该很合理吧?
Girl: Yes, let me put it on the calendar.
是很合理,我把它记在日程表上。
4:
Boy: Kelly, the guys and I think you should run for senior class president.
凯莉,我和其他人认为你应该出来竞选毕业班的班长。
Girl: Me? Why me? Why not you?
为什么是我?而不是你?
Boy: We talked to our older brothers and sisters last night and got the scoop on what that job is all about.
我们昨晚和学长学姐聊过,问了一些班长要负责的事情。
Girl: And you think I fit the qualifications?
而你认为我有资格?
Boy: Yes. Did you know that the senior class president works for the class for life? The job doesn't stop when we graduate.
是的,你知道班长要终身服务班上同学吗?即使我们毕业,这个工作也不会结束。
Girl: Really? What is there to do after we graduate?
真的?毕业后还要做什么?
Boy: Every class reunion is organized by the president and council and anything our class does for the school in later years is headed by the president.
班长和其他干部要负责筹划每届的同学会,而班上同学之后几年为学校做的任何事,也是由班长发起的。
Girl: I'm honored that you think I would be qualified. But I would really have to think about this first.
我很荣幸你觉得我够资格,可是我想先好好考虑一下。
感谢您的阅读,祝您生活愉快。