常犯的英语错误
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
常犯的英语错误
很多童鞋在说英语的时候多半“凭感觉”,觉得意思到了,犯些小错误也无妨。但正是这些小细节,让你的英语听起来非常不地道。
有时,即便语法正确了,但由于不符合英语语言习惯(Idiomatic English),也会显得很别扭。
比如,问对方是做什么工作的,你也许会说,
What is your job?
语法正确,但正常人不这么说话,他们会说,
What do you do?
所以下面这些细节,要重视起来,努力改正。
Word Choice
单词选择
1. 你的外套破了。
Incorrect: Your coat is broken.
Correct: Your coat is torn.
2. 总之苏珊没犯错。
Incorrect: Susan didn't make a fault anyway.
Correct: Susan didn't make a mistake anyway.
3. 能借你电话用下吗?
Incorrect: May I borrow your phone?
Correct: May I use your phone?
4. 他有所好转。
Incorrect: He becomes better.
Correct: He got better.
5. 外面天还亮。
Incorrect: It was still bright outside.
Correct: It was still light outside.
6. 在美国一般学生都不穿校服。
Incorrect: Common students in U.S. don't wear a uniform. Correct: The average students in U.S. don't wear a uniform.
7. 这道色拉是谁做的?
Incorrect: Who cooked this salad?
Correct: Who made this salad?
8. 让我给你把把脉。
Incorrect: Let me examine your pulse.
Correct: Let me feel your pulse.
9. 我把帽子忘在屋里了。
Incorrect: I forget my hat in the house.
Correct: I left my hat in the house.
10. 你上过大学吗?
Incorrect: Did you attend college?
Correct: Did you go to college?
11. 他的体温降下来了。
Incorrect: His temperature went down.
Correct: His temperature came down.
12. 今天的报纸上有他写的关于香港的文章。
Incorrect: Today's newspapers has his articles on Hong Kong. Correct: Today's newspapers carries his articles on Hong Kong.
13. 开窗睡你会感冒的。
Incorrect: You'll have a cold if you sleep with your window open. Correct: You'll catch a cold if you sleep with your window open.
14. 我去医院探望了她生病的母亲。
Incorrect: I visited her ill mother in the hospital.
Correct: I visited her sick mother in the hospital.
15. 她是第一名。
Incorrect: She was first prize.
Correct: She took first prize.
16. 他失去意识很长时间了。
Incorrect: He lost consciousness for a long time.
Correct: He was unconscious for a long time.
17. 他创造了世界纪录。
Incorrect: He made a world record.
Correct: He set a world record.
18. 她婚姻幸福。
Incorrect: Her marriage was happy.
Correct: Her married life was happy.
19. 今年夏天我要去自己的出生地看看,这是10年来的第一次。Incorrect: I'll visit my native place for the first time in ten years this summer. Correct: I'll visit my birth place for the first time in ten years this summer.
20. 这个座位有人吗?
Incorrect: Is this seat empty?
Correct: Is this seat taken?
21. 我看他面熟。
Incorrect: I know his face.
Correct: I know him by sight.
22. 我的手表不走了,我得拿去检查下。