英语对话-工作篇

英语对话-工作篇
英语对话-工作篇

【西雅图工作英语】实用英语对话宝典–工作篇(上)

【原创】

来源:西雅图工作英语时间: 2010年01月23日

很多在大公司上班的白领,特别是外企白领们,在工作中会经常用到英语和别人对话,但是一开口却又不知道怎么表达更地道,显得不怎么流利。很多时候,会由于自己的英语水平有限让领导和同事认为是自己的工作能力有限。

所以,英语对话作为沟通的主要形式,在工作中起着至关重要的作用。《西雅图工作英语》的老师们针对工作中高频率的对话场景,给大家提供了一些最常用的英语对话,都是工作中经常使用的,如果大家能记住其中的重点表达法和语句,工作中再碰到类此场景就能脱口而出英语语句了。

一、上班第一天的英语对话

A: Hello. Welcome to C&C Company你好。欢迎你到C&C公司来。

B: Hello. And Good morning. I’m George Chen.你好,早上好。我是乔治·陈。

A: Nice to meet you George. I’m glad you’ll be working for us. We’re like a big family here. We all work together as a team.乔治,很高兴见到你,我很高兴你能到我们这里来工作,我们这就像是一个大家庭,所有的人工作在一起,就像一个团队B: That’s great. I’m eager to start.太好了。我都等不及要开始工作了

A: Well, let me tell you about some of our policies and practices here.好的,那我就把这里的规章制度先跟你说一下。

B: All righ t. That will be a big help. I’m fresh out of college.好的。那会对我帮助很大。我刚从学校毕业。

A: We requite all our employees to arrive for work on time and we insist that they keep their lunch hours to a reasonable length.我们要求员工准时到岗,而且午

餐的时间不要过长

B: I understand. That seems easy to follow.我明白,这很容易做到。

A: Employee character is very important to us. We expect everyone here at C&C to be industrious, cooperative, honest and open-minded.员工性格很重要。我们希望C&C公司的的员工勤奋、协作、诚实、开明

B: I’m very glad to hear that. I think I possess all of t hose qualities.

很高兴听到这些。上述素质我都具备。

A: We also try to do the best we can for our employees. We feel obligated to provide a safe working environment, and we make every effort to listen to our employees’ concerns.我们也努力为员工创造最好的条件。我们有责任为员工提供一个安全可靠的工作环境,我们也聆听员工们的呼声

B: That’s very admirable. That’s also one of the reasons I wanted to work here.

那好极了。这也是我想到这里工作的原因之一

A: Now, perhaps you have some questions. Is there any additional information I can provide? 现在你可能有些问题要问吧。你还想了解些什么呢?

B: Yes, As a matter of fact. I have a few questions.是的,我有好几个问题要问呢!

A: Certainly. Go ahead! 尽管问吧!

B: Will I be required to have a medical examination before I start work? 我开始上班之前要不要进行体格检查?

A: Yes, definitely. But the company will cover the expense.是的,一定要体检。但是公司会出这笔钱。

B: And would I have to go through special training or preparations for the job?

我要不要通过一些特殊的岗前培训?

A: Yes, you would. Our company believes in employee training and

self-improvement.是的,要参加培训。我们公司秉承员工培训和个人成长的信念。

B: And would it be necessary for me to work on weekends? 我在周末有没有必要加班?

A: No, that wouldn’t be necessary.不必。

B: And one more question: do employees here have to go through a probation period?

还有一个问题:这里的员工有没有试用期?

A: No, they don’t. Once you are hired you have the same rights and great privileges as other employees.没有,你一旦被录用了,就享有和其他员工一样的权利。

B: I see. That’s great.我明白了。太好了。

A: Do you have any other questions?你还有别的问题吗?

B: No, I don’t think so. You’ve been so helpful.我想没有了,你帮我解决了很多疑问

A:All right. I’m glad to hear that.好的,很高兴你这么说。

B:Well,I’v e probably taken up enough of your time.我占用你的时间已经够多

A: We’ll talk again soon.我们很快会再见的。

B: I’ve enjoyed talking with you. Thank you very much.我很喜欢跟你谈话,谢谢。

A: You’re very welcome.不用客气。

二、工作进度

A: Kim, have you made contact with Mr. Lee?金姆,你跟李先生联系上了没有?

B: Not yet, Mr. Wang. But I’m working on it.还没有,王先生。我正在联系。

A: What seems to be the problem? 是怎么回事?

B: I just keep getting a busy signal.我打的时候老是占线。

A: Maybe his phone is out of order. Anyway, keep working on it. I really need an answer about the contract I sent him.也许是他的电话坏了。不管怎么样,继续联系吧。我确实想知道他对那份合同的回应。

B: All right, I’ll let you know when I get through.好的,接通了我就告诉你。

三、谈论休假的英语对话

A: I’ve been working hard for a whole year. I really need a break.我辛辛苦苦工作了整整一年。我真得歇歇了。

B: That’s true. You need to take some time off to relax.真的。你需要抽出一些时间放松一下。

A: You said it. I’m looking forward to my annual vacation.你说得没错。我正期待着年假的到来。

B: When are you going to take your vacation?你什么时候开始休假?

A: Later this month. I can’t wait!这个月底。我等不及了!

B: I really envy you. I’m not taking my vacation until December.我真羡慕你。我要到十二月份才能休假。

四、化解同事矛盾的英语对话

A: Sam, you’ve got to forgive me.山姆,你得原谅我。

B: Forgive you for what? 原谅你什么?

A: I used your computer. And I’m afraid I’ve erased your personal files accidentally.我用了你的电脑。恐怕我不小心把你的私人文件删掉了。

B: No! Are you kidding me? 不!你跟我开玩笑?

A: I’m afraid not. I apologize.不是,我很抱歉

B: I can’t believe it! I have all my important personal documents stored in that

computer. It’s no laughing matter.我简直不敢相信!我将所有重要的私人资料都存入电脑了。这可不是闹着玩的。

A: I told you I’m sorry. What can I do to make it up to you?我都跟你道歉了。我怎样做才能弥补我的过错?

B: Well, you should be sorry! Don’t ever use my computer again! You can’t do anything now, it’s too late! 你应该道歉!再也不许用我的电脑了!现在你做什么都没有用了,已经太迟了!

五、闲谈周末的对话

A: Jim, how was your weekend?吉姆,你的周末过得怎么样?

B: I went to the beach with my friends and had a barbecue there.我跟朋友去海

滩玩了,还在那儿吃了烧烤。

A: That sounds like a lot of fun. Did you go swimming, too? 那一定很好玩。你们也游泳了吧?

B: Sure. I think it’s a fantastic place to go.当然。我觉得那是个好去处。

A: I couldn’t agree more. That’s an ideal place for a vacation.我完全同意。那是个理想的度假场所。

B: It sure is.当然。

A: I can’t wait to go there myself.我都巴不得亲自到那儿去玩玩。

六、关心同事的英语对话

A: Hi, John. What’s up? 嗨,约翰,最近好吗?

B: Hi. Not much. I’m just miserable as usual.嗨,不怎么样。跟以前一样难过。

A: What’s the matter with you? Don’t you feel well? 你怎么了?不舒服吗?

B: I feel terrible. I can’t get used to the food; I can’t get along with the people here. I don’t like these customs——I wish I were back home.我感觉糟透了。我吃不惯这里的食物,跟这的人也相处不好。我不喜欢这里的风俗习惯――真想马上回家。

A: Do you eat everything back home? Have you got lots of friends in your country?

你在国内是不是想吃什么就吃什么?是不是有很多朋友?

B: What are you trying to say? 你在说什么呀?

A: That maybe you have some of these same feelings back home. They just seem strong er now because you’re in a strange place. Have you thought about it?

也许你在国内也会有同样的感受,只不过你现在在一个陌生的地方,这种感觉就更强烈。你想过这个问题吗?

B: No, I guess I feel this way at home sometimes too.是啊,我在家有时也有这

种感受

A: Maybe you’re just in a bad mood. Don’t worry. It will pass也许你只是心情不好。别担心,一切都会过去的。

B: I hope so.但愿如此。

A: Why don’t you do something you enjoy to take your mind off your troubles?

你为什么不做点你喜欢的事来缓解一下烦恼呢?

B: Thanks for the advice. I’m just feeling homesick I guess.谢谢你的建议。我只是有点想家了。

七、个人隐私被泄露

A: Hi, What’s new? 嗨,最近怎么样?

B: Nothing.没事。

A: What’s your problem? Why are you mad at me? 你这是怎么了?你为什么跟我生气?

B: What did you have to go and do that for? 你为什么要那样做呢?

A: Do what? 做什么?

B: You know what I’m talking about. Why did you go tell Mrs. Lee how much money I’m going to make? Now she’ll go and tell the whole world! 你知道我在说什么。你为什么要到李小姐那去说我要挣多少钱?全世界的人都会知道了!

A: Well, I’m sorry. I didn’t think it mattered.噢,对不起。我以为这不要紧的。

B: It does matter. You know how she talks to everybody and their friends! Now the whole company will be asking me for money! 怎么会不要紧!你是知道她的,她会告诉所有的人和他们的兄弟!现在全公司的人都要向我借钱了!

A: Well, I apologize. I guess I wasn’t thinking. I got all excited.我向你道歉。我当时没想到这个。我只顾高兴了。

B: Oh well, it’s done now. I guess it doesn’t matter than much, anyway. They were bo und to find out eventually. Everybody in this company’s always interested in gossip.那好吧,反正事情已经发生了。我想这毕竟也没什么大不了。大家最终也会知道的。这个公司所有的人都喜欢扯闲话。

A: You know, it is a lot of money for a first job…你想,你的第一个工作就挣这么多钱也的确…

B: You think I’ll be able to buy a BMW? 你以为我能买一辆宝马车吗?

A: Well, I think you’d better wait and see how much is left after Uncle Sam gets his share! 不过,你最好还是看看等纳完税之后还有多少剩余吧!

A: Actually everybody is really impressed.其实所有的人都很羡慕呢。

B: I guess it’s not a big deal after all.我觉得这也没什么大不了的。

A: Any way, I am really sorry. Next time I’ll think before I speak.不管怎样,我感到实在是不好意思。下次说话一定注意。

八、日常接电话英语对话

A: Good morning, miss. 早上好,小姐。

B: May I help you? 我能帮你忙吗?

A: I'd like to see Mr. Miller, please. 我想见米勒先生。

B: May I have your name, please. 请问你叫什么名字?

A: I'd like to see Mr. Smith. 我想见史密斯先生。

B: Do you have an appointment? 您预约了吗?

A: No, but I have something urgent to talk about with him. 没有,但我有急事要跟他谈。

B: Sorry, he's at a meeting now. 对不起,他正在开会。

A: I'd like to see Mr. Lines, please. 我想见Lines先生。

B: Would you give me your business card? 我看看您的名片好吗?

A: Sure. Here you are. 好,给你。

B: Thank you. I'll see if he's available now. 谢谢,我去看看他是否有空。

九、上班迟到了被老板骂

老板:What’s the time now? 现在几点了?

员工:9:30am. 九点半。

老板:You’re an hour late! 你足足迟到了一小时。

员工:I’m sorry. It’s raining today, so the re was a traffic jam. 对不起。今天下雨,路上堵得很厉害。

老板:Then you should call me to explain. 那你也应该打个电话说一声。

员工:I’m really sorry. My phone was out of power. 实在对不起。手机没电了。

老板:Make sure it doesn’t happen again. Now, get started on your work. 下不为例埃赶紧去工作吧。

员工:Ok. I promise. 好的。我保证没有下次了。

十:拜访客户的结束语

A: Well, I'm glad I had a chance to see these samples, but I'm really not in a position to make a decision right now. 很高兴能有机会看到这些样品,可现在我的确无权作决定。

B: Would you like me to leave the samples with you? 您愿意我把样品留给您吗?

A: Yeah, why don't you do that, and then you can give me a call sometime next week. 好的,那你下星期什么时候再给我打个电话。

B: Fine, Mr. Grant. Thanks for your time. I'll talk to you next week. 好,格兰特先生。耽误您的时间了,下星期再联系。

+

相关主题
相关文档
最新文档