了不起的盖茨比字幕word版本-打印版-阅读版

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

了不起的盖茨比

The Great Gatsby

NICK: In my younger and more vulnerable years...

我年纪还轻,世故不深的时候

...my father gave me some advice.

我父亲曾教训我一句话

"Always try to see the best in people," he would say.

他说:“总要把人往最好的方面想。”

As a consequence, I'm inclined to reserve all judgments.

由此,我一生待人接物宁可采取保留的态度

But even I have a limit.

但是即便我也是有限度的

Back then, all of us drank too much.

彼时,我们所有人都沉溺于杯中物

The more in tune with the times we were...

我们越想跟着这个时代

...the more we drank.

我们就越纵情沉醉

And none of us contributed anything new.

我们当中任何人也没创造出什么新的价值

When I came back from New York, I was disgusted.

当我回到纽约时,我感到厌世

DOCTOR: I see, Mr. Carraway.

我明白,卡拉威先生

NICK: Disgusted with everyone and everything.

我讨厌周围一切人和事

Only one man was exempt from my disgust.

我的这种反应只有对于一个人例外

One man?

一个人?

Mr. Carraway?

卡拉威先生?

Gatsby.

他是盖茨比

DOCTOR: Was he a friend of yours?

他是您的朋友吗?

He was...

他曾是…

...the single most hopeful person I've ever met.

我见过最乐观的人

And am ever likely to meet again.

并且我以后也不会再遇到他这样的人了

There was something about him, a sensitivity.

他(对于生命前途的指望)具有一种高度的敏感

He was like...

像是……

He was like one of those machines that register earthquakes 10, miles away. 像是一具精密的仪器,能够探测一万英里以外的地震

Where'd you meet him?

你在哪认识他的?

NICK: At a... At a party...

在一次……宴会上

...in New York.

在纽约

NICK: In the summer of 1922...

尼克:那是1922年的夏天

...the tempo of the city approached hysteria.

纽约的发展陷入了一种不正常的狂热

Stocks reached record peaks.

股票业务到达了巅峰

...and Wall Street boomed in steady golden roar.

华尔街的金融业一度繁荣稳定

The parties were bigger.

宴会越来越大

The shows were broader.

舞台越来越宽

The buildings were higher.

建筑越来越高

The morals were looser and the ban...

道德约束也越来越宽松

...on alcohol had backfired...

禁酒令没有取得预期效果

...making the liquor cheaper.

酒精越来越便宜

Wall Street was luring the young and ambitious.

华尔街引诱着年轻人和野心家

And I was one of them.

我便是其中之一

I rented a house miles from the city on Long Island.

我在离城里20英里的长岛上租了一所房子

I lived at West Egg...

我住在西卵

...in a forgotten groundskeeper's cottage...

一所被遗忘的园丁小屋里

...squeezed among the mansions of the newly rich.

被挤在暴发户们的豪华别墅之间

To get started, I bought a dozen volumes on credit, banking and investments. 为了开始我的新事业,

我买了十几本有关信贷和投资等方面的书籍

All new to me.

对我而言完全是全新的领域

MAN [OVER RADIO]: The stock market hit another high.

(广播中男人的声音:股票市场又创新高)

CLERK: The market's moving up, up, up!

(职员:大盘在上涨,上涨,不断上涨!)

Well, of course, nothing is percent. I wouldn't go investing every penny. 好的,当然,没有百分百确定,我不会花一分钱投资的

NICK: At Yale I dreamed of being a writer...

在耶鲁读书的时候,我曾梦想当一名作家

...but I gave all that up.

但我全然放弃了

With the sun shining...

阳光普照

...and the bursts of leaves on the trees...

绿树成荫

...I planned to spend...

2/ 76

相关文档
最新文档