【英语口语】最纯粹的美式发音、口语对话练习及句型讲解(Surprise)
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
03、Surprise
Key Words
关键词
amazed, astonish, fancy, incredible, shock, stun, surprise, unbelievable, unexpected, unthinkable
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
Incredible! It's said that someone has encountered a dinosaur in a primeval forest.
真难以置信!据说有人在原始森林里见到了恐龙。
Really? I can't believe it!
真的?我真不敢相信。
What? No, it can't be!
什么!不,决不会!
What a surprise! She can't say such philosophical things! She's only twelve years old!
真令人惊讶!她竟然说出如此富有哲理的话!她才只有十二岁!
Your announcement of marriage came right out of the blue.
你突然宣布结婚实在是出人意料。
Unbelievable! Mary is getting divorced. She's just got married last month. 真不可思议!玛丽要离婚了,她上个月才刚刚结婚。
You're kidding! How in the world did you pay off all the debts?
开玩笑!你究竟是怎样还清所有债务的呢?
My God! My money is all gone!
天呀!我的钱不见了!
Wow! What a crowd of people!
哇!人山人海!
Fancy meeting you here!
在这里碰到你,真令我感到意外。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:49〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
How surprising! He is on TV!
多么令人惊讶啊!他居然上了电视!
For the love of Mike what are you doing here?
我做梦都想不到你会在这儿!
It's done wonders for me! How on earth did he manage to live alone on a desert island for five years?
真令我惊讶!他究竟有什么办法在荒岛上独自生活五年的呢?
How could this possibly be!
这事怎么有可能呢!
It surprises me greatly that it was a little boy who had saved the whole city.
竟是一个小男孩拯救了整座城市,真令我吃惊。
Surprising you say that, because something similar happened to me once. 令人奇怪的是,你竟也会说出这件事,因为类似的事情也曾发生在我身上。
I can hardly believe that so many young people take drugs.
有这么多的年轻人吸毒,我简直不敢相信。
You really took my breath away! I almost keeled over.
你真的让我大吃一惊!我几乎晕倒。
It's unbelievable! I thought you were working in our hometown. I didn't know you were studying in Peking University. I couldn't imagine that we would meet here. Isn't it a small world?
这可真是想不到的事!我以为你在家乡工作呢,我不知道你在北大上学。没想到在这碰到你。世界真小啊,是不是?
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:52〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
The news of my promotion is an unexpected joy.
我获得提拔的消息真是喜从天降。
The news of his being arrested stunned us all.
他被捕的消息使我们目瞪口呆。
I was really taken aback upon hearing of his death.
听说他的死讯,我着实吃了一惊。
The news came as a thunderbolt. I could hardly believe my ears.
这消息犹如晴天霹雳,我简直不相信自己的耳朵。
We were shocked to know that the Chinese Embassy in Yugoslavia had been bombed.
得知中国驻南斯拉夫大使馆被炸,我们十分震惊。
It's surprising that you adults are being so childish at such a critical moment.
令我惊奇的是,你们这些成年人在这样关键的时刻竟然表现得如此幼稚。
On the day of the disaster, our nation held a vigil by our television sets. In one cruel moment our exhilaration turned to horror; we waited and watched and tried to make sense of what we had seen.
灾难发生的当天,举国上下的人们都整夜守候在电视机旁。一个残酷的瞬间,我们由精神振奋变为充满恐惧,我们等待着,观望着,试图弄明白眼前发生的事情。
I doubt whether any other convention may be able to set up a better system. When you assemble a number of men in order to use their collective wisdom, you inevitably assemble people with different prejudices, passions, and errors of opinion, local interests, and selfish views. Can a perfect result be expected from such a group? That's why it's