大学英语教材中的习题答案

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

生母:biological mother

收养某人:put sb up for adoption

签署最终的领养文件:sign the final adoption papers

无意间进入演艺界:stumble into acting

凭好奇心与直觉:followiong curiosity and intuition

实际用途: practical application

Ralented adoption intuition dropped fascinating

每当我看到那顶草帽:everytime I saw the straw hat

我度过的最美好的时光:the best time I spent

我很荣幸能参加大会闭幕式:I'm honored to attend conference of closing ceremony

有希望调解:have a hope of make peace

辞去那份工资高但要求也高的工作:

1、I dropped out of Reed College after the first 6 months,but then stayed around as a drop-in for another 18 months or so before I really quit.

里德学院读了半年后就辍学了,但在我真正离校之前,作为旁听生我还读了18个月。

2、My biological mother was a young,unwed college graduate student,and she decided to put me for adoption.

我的生母是一个年轻,未婚的研究生,她决定让别人来收养我。

3、It was pretty scary at the time,but looking back it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

这在当时引起了我的恐慌,但是后来回想一下这或许是我所做的最棒的决定之一。

4、And much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosyty and intuition turned out to be priceless later on.

凭我的好奇心和直觉所涉足的许多事情最后被证明是无价的。

5、None of this had even a hope of any practical application in my life.

这在我的生活中甚至没有半点实际应用的希望。

alluded incentive disbelief roll affluent

曾经拥有中东巴黎的美誉:Once known as the paris of the Middle East 是为了任命一位新经理:for the purpose of appointing a new manager 好得让人无法拒绝:too good to pass up

据说已经遇害:said to have been killed

仍然不清楚:It is still unclear

1、However,if that weren't a popular notion, millions of dollars wouldn't roll in every time there was a lottery somewhere.

然而,这种想法非常普遍,否则每次抽奖就不会有数以百万计的美元*来

2、It took him five years to diligently create a business and generate that large sum of money.

他花了五年时间来努力创建一番事业并产生那一大笔钱。

3、With great disbelief,he stared at his investment of valuable gems ,now turned to stones,and wondered what if all meant.

他眼睁睁的看着自己珍贵的宝石投入后变成了石头,简直不敢相信,不知道发生了什么。

4、The inscription read,"If one achieves this quest ,they will have transformed their mind by the use of their faith and will from then on have the power to overcome in all thins and nothing will be impossible to them."

铭文是这样写的:“如果一个人达到这一目标的追求,他们就能用他们的信仰改变他们的思想,他们将从此拥有足够的能力去克服一切事情,对他们来说,没有不可能的事。”

respectful hesitate reassure minutiest creeps

一想到约会和烧烤:at the thought of the date and barbecue

除了她有一只可爱的小狗而且人口不错之外:except that she had a lovely dog and a good character

因为他是主任就敬而远之:in awe of the director because of his position 他仍然很谦虚:he remains modest

我们相逢的那一刻:The moment we met

1、But to this day I do not know what strange impulse made me take George to see her and to tell her before I had confided in another living soul of our engagement.

至今我仍不知道那是一种什么样的奇异的冲动让我就把乔治领去看望姑姑,告诉她我在还没有透露给别人之前的我们已经订婚的消息。

2、But I was quite unprepared for her outburst when I mentioned that George thought of paying a lightning visit to England before we were married.

但在我提到乔治要在我们结婚之前闪电访问英国时,我已经为她的爆发作好了准备。

3、Then she seemed to give herself ,mentally,a little shake."you must have wondered,"she said ,"why I was so upset at the thought of young George's going to England without you."

然后她似乎在整理自己的思绪,你一定想知道,她说,在没有你之后乔治想回到英国我为什么会如此的心烦。

4、It was the only love letter I ever received,but it turned all my bitterness and grief into a peacefulness which was the nearest I could get ,then,to happiness.

这是我曾经收到的唯一一封情书,它把我所有的苦难和忧伤都变成了

相关文档
最新文档