卡梅伦辞职演讲全文(中英对照)

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

卡梅伦辞职演讲全文(中英对照)
大家早上好
Good morning everyone,
英国刚刚举行了一场规模巨大的民主活动
the country has just taken part in a giant democratic exercise,
也许是英国历史上最大的一次
perhaps the biggest in our history.
来自英格兰苏格兰威尔士北爱尔兰
Over 33 million people from England,
和直布罗陀超过3300万的人民行使了发言权
Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar have all had their say.
应该是感到自豪的是我们信任
We should be proud of the fact that in these islands
这些岛屿上人民做出重大决策
we trust the people for these big decisions.
英国不仅拥有一个议会民主制
We not only have a parliamentary democracy,
而且有关英国如何治理的问题
but on questions about the arrangements for how we've governed
有的时候就需要问问人民自己
there are times when it is right to ask the people themselves
这就是我们所做的
and that is what we have done.
英国人民已经投票决定离开欧盟
The British people have voted to leave the European Union
他们的意愿必须得到尊重
and their will must be respected.
我想感谢所有为留欧派奔走的人
I want to thank everyone who took part in the campaign on my side of the argument, 包括所有抛弃党派分歧的人
including all those who put aside party differences
他们支持自己坚信的对有利于国家的观点
to speak in what they believe was the national interest
同时让我向所有脱欧派人士的
and let me congratulate all those who took part in the Leave campaign
努力和激情表示祝贺
for the spirited and passionate case that they made.
英国人民的意志必须服从
The will of the British people is an instruction that must be delivered.
这并不是一个可以掉以轻心的决定
It was not a decision that was taken lightly,
原因不只是各种组织
not least because so many things were said
对其重要性曾做出的那些解释
by so many different organisations about the significance of this decision.
所以不能对结果有任何的怀疑
So there can be no doubt about the result.
全球各地的人们都看到了英国做出的选择
Across the world people have been watching the choice that Britain has made.
我想向市场和投资者保证
I would reassure those markets and investors
英国的经济基本面是强劲的
that Britain's economy is fundamentally strong
对于住在欧盟各国的英国人
and I would also reassure Britons living in European countries
以及住在英国的欧盟公民
and European citizens living here
我向你们保证你们的状况不会立即发生改变
that there will be no immediate changes in your circumstances.
在出行方面暂时不会发生变化
There will be no initial change in the way our people can travel,
货物依然可以流通服务依旧能够交易
in the way our goods can move or the way our services can be sold.
现在我们必须做好与欧盟谈判的准备
We must now prepare for a negotiation with the European Union.
这需要苏格兰和
This will need to involve the full engagement of
北爱尔兰政府的全力配合
the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments
确保捍卫并增进
to ensure that the interests of all parts of our United Kingdom
英国国内各方的利益
are protected and advanced.
但要做到以上全部我们需要强劲、坚定且负责任的领导者
But above all this will require strong, determined and committed leadership.
我非常骄傲和荣幸能在过去的六年里担任这个国家的首相
I am very proud and very honored to have been Prime Minister of this country for six years.
我相信我们做出了巨大的进步
I believe we have made great steps,
就业人数从未如此之多;
with more people in work than ever before in our history;
我们对福利和教育进行改革
with reforms to welfare and education;
改善人民生活质量
increasing people’s life chances;
建设更大更强的社会;
building a bigger and stronger society;
保持对全世界最贫困人民做出的承诺;
keeping our promises to the poorest people in the world,
不论性别因素,让相爱的人们合法结婚。

and enabling those who love each other to get married whatever their sexuality.
所有这一切都将让英国继续保持其经济实力
But above all restoring Britain’s economic strength
我对帮助实现这一切的所有人表示感谢
and I am grateful to everyone who has helped to make that happen.
我始终相信,对重大决策,我们应该面对,而不是回避
I have also always believed that we have to confront big decisions – not duck them.
这就是为什么我们成立了70年来首个联合政府
That’s why we delivered the first Coalition government in seventy years
带领经济脱离濒危边缘
to bring our economy back from the brink.
这就是为什么我们在苏格兰进行了公正、合法、有决定意义的公投
It’s why we delivered a fair, legal and decisive referendum in Scotland.
这也是为什么我做出承诺
And why I made the pledge
与欧盟重新商议英国的地位
to renegotiate Britain’s position in the European Union
开启英国与欧盟关系的公投
and hold a referendum on our membership,
并实现它们
and have carried those things out.
我以自己知道的唯一方法进行着这个过程
I fought this campaign in the only way I know how
那就是直接、用心地表达我内心的想法和感受。

– which is to say directly and passionately what I think and feel – head, heart and soul. 我没有任何保留,我的立场很明确
I held nothing back. I was absolutely clear about my belief
英国在欧盟内将会更加强大、安全和繁荣
that Britain is stronger, safer and better off inside the European Union,
我也强调了这次公投
and I made clear the referendum
跟任何政客的前途,包括我自己,没有任何关系。

was about this and this alone – not the future of any single politician, including myself.
但是英国民众已经做出了明确且不同的选择
But the British people have made a very clear decision to take a different path,
因此我认为英国需要新的领导人来带领我们的国家向前
and as such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction.
我将以首相的身份尽我所能
I will do everything I can as Prime Minister
在未来几个星期、几个月中稳定局面
to steady the ship over the coming weeks and months,
但我认为并不应该由我作为领导人
but I do not think it would be right for me to try to be the captain
带领我们的国家向新的目的地前进
that steers our country to its next destination.
这是我经过慎重考虑做出的决定
This is not a decision I have taken lightly
但是我认为一段稳定的时期
but I do believe it's in the national interest to have a period of stability
和新的领导人才符合国家利益
and then the new leadership required.
今天没有必要说明确切的时间表
There is no need for a precise timetable today
但在我看来目标应是在十月的保守党会议上
but in my view we should aim to have a new prime minister in place
选出一个适当的新首相
by the start of the Conservative Party conference in October.
保证稳定将是重要的
Delivering stability will be important
未来三个月我将继续出任首相
and I will continue in post as Prime Minister
还有我的内阁也留任
with my Cabinet for the next three months.
内阁将在星期一开会
The Cabinet will meet on Monday,
英格兰银行行长正在准备做出一个声明
the Governor of the Bank of England is making a statement about the steps 建议英国央行和财政部采取安抚金融市场的行动
that the Bank and the Treasury are taking to reassure financial markets.
我们还将继续推进重要的立法
We will also continue taking forward the important legislation
这些议程是在女王的议会讲话上设置的
that we set before Parliament in the Queen's Speech.
我今天早上向女王陛下汇报
And I have spoken to Her Majesty the Queen this morning
向女王陛下说明我将采取的步骤
to advise her of the steps that I am taking.
而与欧盟的谈判
A negotiation with the European Union
将需要一个新的首相的领导
will need to begin under a new prime minister
我认为应该由一位新首相来决定
and I think it's right that this new prime minister takes the decision
英国应该何时引用《里斯本条约》第50条
about when to trigger Article 50
并开始离开欧盟的正式法定程序
and start the formal and legal process of leaving the EU.
下周我将参加欧洲理事会的会议
I will attend the European Council next week
解释英国人已经作出的决定和我自己的决定
to explain the decision the British people have taken and my own decision.
英国人民已经做出了选择
The British people have made a choice,
这不仅需要得到尊重
that not only needs to be respected
而且那些争论中输掉的一方
but those on the losing side of the argument
包括我自己也应该帮助脱欧成功
- myself included - should help to make it work.
英国是一个特殊的国家我们这么多优点
Britain is a special country - we have so many great advantages
采用议会民主制通过和平的辩论
–a parliamentary democracy where we resolve great issues
解决关于我们未来的重大问题
about our future through peaceful debate,
英国是一个贸易大国有着科学和艺术
a great trading nation with our science and arts,
有技术和也有创造力享誉世界各地
our engineering and our creativity, respected the world over.
虽然英国并不完美但我相信英国能成为
And while we are not perfect I do believe we can be a model
一个多种族多信仰的民主榜样
for the multi-racial, multi-faith democracy,
人们可以来做出贡献
where people can come and make a contribution
并上升到他们的才华允许的最高点
and rise to the very highest that their talent allows.
虽然离开欧洲不是我推荐的道路
Although leaving Europe was not the path I recommended,
我是第一个来赞美英国难以置信的优势
I am the first to praise our incredible strengths.
我以前说过英国可以在欧盟以外生存下来
I said before that Britain can survive outside the European Union
而事实上我们能找到生存的方法
and indeed that we could find a way.
现在已决定离开
Now the decision has been made to leave,
我们需要找到最佳的办法
we need to find the best way
我会尽我所能来提供帮助
and I will do everything I can to help.
我热爱这个国家为国家服务我感到荣幸
I love this country and I feel honoured to have served it
我会尽我所能在未来帮助这个伟大的国家取得成功
and I will do everything I can in future to help this great country succeed.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.。

相关文档
最新文档