英语诗歌欣赏(英国)

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

How do I love thee?

我是怎样地爱你

– Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee?

我是怎样地爱你?

Let me count the ways.

让我逐一细述。

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

我爱你之深邃,之宽广,之高远

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

尽我的灵魂所能及之处—犹如探求

For the ends of being and ideal grace.

玄冥中神的存在和美好之极。

I love thee to the level of every day’s

我爱你如每日之必需,

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

阳光下和烛焰前都少不了。

I love thee freely, as men strive for right.

我自由地爱着你,像人们争取他们的权利;

I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.

我纯洁地爱着你,如人们在赞美前会垂首。

I love thee with the passion put to use

我爱你,带着我昔日悲伤时的

In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.

那种激情,童年时的那种诚意;

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

我爱你,抵得上往日对圣者怀有的

With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,

如今似已消逝的那种爱-我用呼吸,

Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,

用微笑,用眼泪,用我整个生命来爱你!

Sonnets from the Portuguese_ No. X

不过只要是爱,是爱,可就是美,

Yet, love, mere love, is beautiful indeed

就值得你接受。你知道,爱就是火,

And worthy of acceptation. Fire is bright,

火总是光明的,不问着火的是庙堂

Let temple burn, or flax. And equal light

或者柴堆--那栋梁还是荆榛在烧,

Leaps in the flame from cedar-plank or weed.

火焰里总跳得出同样的光辉。当我

And love is fire. And when I say at need

不由得倾吐出:“我爱你!”在你的眼里,

_I love thee ... mark! ... _I love thee_ -- in thy sight 那荣耀的瞬息,我忽然成了一尊金身,

I stand transfigured, glorified aright,

感觉到有一道新吐的皓光从我天庭

With conscience of the new rays that proceed

投向你脸上。是爱,就无所谓卑下,

Out of my face toward thine. There's nothing low 即使是最微贱的在爱:那微贱的生命

In love, when love the lowest: meanest creatures

献爱给上帝,宽宏的上帝受了它、

Who love God, God accepts while loving so.

又回赐给它爱。我那迸发的热情

And what I _feel_, across the inferior features

就象道光,通过我这陋质,昭示了

Of what I _am_, doth flash itself, and show

爱的大手笔怎样给造物润色。

How that great work of Love enhances Nature's.

Sonnets from the Portuguese No. XIV

If thou must love me, let it be for nought

如果你一心要爱我,那就别为了什么,

Except for love's sake only. Do not say

只是为了爱才爱我。别这么讲:

`I love her for her smile ... her look ... her way

“我爱她,为了她的一笑,她的模样,

Of speaking gently, ... for a trick of thought

她柔语的声气;为了她这感触

That falls in well with mine, and certes brought [certes: certainly]正好合我的心意,那天里,的确

A sense of pleasant ease on such a day' --

给我带来满怀的喜悦和舒畅。”

For these things in themselves, Belov\`ed, may

亲爱的,这些好处都不能持常,

Be changed, or change for thee, -- and love, so wrought [wrought: worked]

相关文档
最新文档