大二下学期新世纪综合英语课后翻译

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

Unit 1 never give in,never,never,never

1.But we must learn to be equally good at what is short and sharp and what is long and tough.

但是我们必须学会同样善于应付短暂而干脆与漫长而艰难的局面。

2.It is generally said that the British are better at the last.

人们普遍认为英国人最终总是会胜出的。

3.We should all alone a year ago, and to many countries it seemed that our account was closed.

其他国家认为英国输的一无所有了。

4.Britain, other nations thought, had drawn a sponge across the slate.

一年前,我们孤军作战,许多国家都以为我们被彻底打败了。

5.1.I had arranged for them to meet each other at the pub but the young man never turned up.

6.我安排他们在小酒吧见面,但那个小伙子一直都没有来。(turn up)

2.You cannot tell merely from appearance whether things will turn out unfavorable to us or not.

你无法仅凭表象判断形势是否会变得对我们不利。(tell from appearance)

3.The soldier, who stood in the gap in every battle, gained the highest honors of the country.

那个士兵每次打仗都冲锋在前,从而赢得了国家最高的荣誉。(stand in the gap)

4.Tha chairman spoke so forcefully that the rest of the committee yielded to his opinions.

主席讲话很有说服力,委员会其他成员都听从他的意见。(yield to)

5.They are well-to-do now, but along the way they had their ups and downs.

他们现在生活富裕了,但也曾经历坎坷。(ups and downs)

6.There are two questions to which I will address myself in this lecture.

这次演讲我将说明两个问题。(address oneself to)

7.We are planning a big Christmas party in your honour.

我们正筹划为你举办一次盛大的圣诞聚会。(in somebody’s honour)

8.Hearing that tune threw my mind back to my childhood.

听到那个曲子,我回想起了儿童时代。(throw one’s mind back)

Unit2

I. Manners , it seems to me, are about giving people space, not stepping on toes, granting people their private domain.

在我看来,礼貌就是给别人以空间,不冒犯别人,允许别人有隐私。

2.Personal space is mostly a public matter; we allow all kinds of invasions of personal space in private.

个人空间基本上是一个公众场合的问题,私下里,我们是允许对个人空间进行各种各样的侵犯的。

3.Like the twelve-mile limit around our national shores, personal spaceis our individual border beyond which no stranger can penetrate without making us uneasy.

就像我们国家拥有12海里领海权一样,个人空间就是我们的边界,只要有陌生人穿过这个边界,就会使我们感到不安。

4.Ultimately, personal space is psychological, not physical: it has less to do with the space outside us than with our inner space.

说到底,个人空间是个心理上的问题,而不是个物理上的问题,与其说它与我们的外部空间相关,还不如说它与我们的内心空间相关。

II. 1.那只鸟被卡在树杈里,一会就跌落下来。

The pigion was wedged in the fork of a branch and it fell after a while.

2.驾车人应该付多少钱需要根据他对别人车子造成的损害程度而定。

The payment that the motorist will have to make is proportional to the damage he has done to the other person’s car.

3.你只有伏在地上慢慢爬过一条狭长的地道才能进入山洞。

You can only enter the cave by inching through a narrow tunnel on your stomach.

4.他一面巴巴结结地为没有敲门就进入我的办公室而抱歉,一面羞怯地朝门口走去。

She stammered some apology for entering my office without knocking as she sidled towards the door.

5.他尽力向我解释说不是因为我工作不好而解雇我,而是因为公司面临着财政困境。

He took pains to explain to me that I was being dismissed not because I didn’t do my work well but because the company could not pay my wages.

6.年轻士兵的入伍给军队带来了新的希望并鼓舞了士气。

The enlistment of young soldiers infused new hope and morale into the army.

7.一旦大一些的男孩子们声称草坪属于他们,小一些的孩子只好退避三舍。

Once the older boys stake a claim to the lawn, the younger ones had to give way to them to avoid conflict.

相关文档
最新文档