摩登家庭 -第4季第21集-字幕-对白-中英文对照-看美剧学英语-打印-word版
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
- I didn't say anything. - Stop talking. -我什么都没说 -别说话了
That's talking. 是你在说话
You think she's asleep yet? 你觉得她睡着了吗
I'm on the same side of the door as you are. 我和你一样都在门外啊
. -别说话了 -小卡
Lily lost her first tooth today. 莉莉今天掉了第一颗牙
And she's very excited about the visit from the tooth fairy. 她现在非常期待牙仙子的到访When I have my first loose tooth, 我第一次有牙齿松动时
my mom tied one end of the string to it, 我妈将绳子一端系在那颗牙上
, 另一端系在奶牛的尾巴上
fired off a 12-gauge shotgun, 用12号猎枪开了一枪
and the cow went running out of the room. 奶牛跑出了房间
That never happened. 那是不可能的
Tell that to the cow-shaped hole in my bedroom wall. 你去看看我卧室里的奶牛型墙洞再说Gotcha! 抓住了
what are you doing here? 你们在这儿干嘛
You're not the tooth fairy. 你们又不是牙仙子
N-no. But we just wanted to see if she'd come yet. 不我们就是想来看看她来了没
No. She sure is taking her sweet time. 没呢看来她真的一点都不着急
- Maybe you should just go back to sleep, sweetie. - Yeah. -也许你该继续睡觉亲爱的 -对'cause it could take a while. 因为可能还要再等一会儿
I've got nowhere to be. 我时间多的是
Mom, I can't be late today. 妈我今天不能迟到
Sanjay Patel and I are dissecting a pig. 桑杰·帕特尔和我要解剖一头猪
So sad what passes for a date in your life. 你这辈子所谓的约会真可悲啊
- Haley. - He keeps asking me to hand him all of the instruments. -海莉 -
他老是让我拿工具给他
He wants me to act like a nurse. 想让我像护士一样
Now it sounds like a date in Haley's life. 这听起来像是海莉的约会
Okay, before you say no... 在你说"不行"之前
- No. - You haven't even seen it yet. -不行 -你连看都没看呢
Mm, I'm sticking with "No." 我还是要说不行
It's for Luke's Career Day. 这是为卢克的职业日准备的
I thought I'd offer the kids a chance 我想我可以让孩子们尝试
to put their face on my body. 把脸放在我的身体上
Ew. I just heard it, too. 我也刚意识到
How come you guys never had a Career Day? 你们怎么从来没办过职业日
- Cutbacks. - Nor'easter. -取消了 -东北大风暴
Today I get to talk about the love of my life... 今天我要讲述我的一生挚爱residential real estate. 住宅房地产
He really doesn't hear it. 他真的意识不到
I wanna make Luke proud. 我要让卢克感到骄傲
I wanna be his hero like my dad was 我要成为他的英雄
when he talked to my class 就像以前我父亲向我的同学们
about running a grocery store. 讲述开杂货店的故事时那样
He came in with two price guns in holsters 他拿着两把带皮套的价格标枪进屋and marked our teacher at $1.29 在我们的老师还没反应过来时
before she knew what hit her. 给她打了个1.29刀的标签
I bet that produced a lot of laughs. 我赌那肯定很好笑
Claire, please. 克莱尔拜托
And Olivia Berman's mom 奥利维亚·伯曼的妈妈
works in the rare books department at the library. 在图书馆的珍本书部工作Hope I get a chance to pick that brain. 真希望我有机会去向她讨教讨教
Looks like you got quite the Career Day lineup. 看来你们的职业日已经排得满满当当了
So I guess they already got a closet guy coming in, huh? 我猜他们已经邀请到搞衣柜的人了吧No. I didn't think you'd wanna do it. 没有我以为你不想参加
I don't, but you know, I just feel bad for the kids. 我不想但是我只是很同情孩子们
A lot of interesting stories in the closet biz. 衣柜这行有很多有趣的事情
Oh. Why have you never told us any? 你怎么从来没跟我们讲过
Okay. Well, for example, there was this guy... 好吧比如曾经有个家伙
- must have had over a hundred hats... - Yes? -有一百多顶帽子 -然后呢
And we had to fit them in the closet. 我们得想办法把那些帽子都放进衣柜里
Okay? 然后呢
And we did. 我们做到了
All right. Maybe it's not the most exciting career 好吧也许这不是世上最刺激的职业
in the world, but it pays the bills. 但这真的很挣钱
No one is complaining. 没人嫌弃
Were there other things I'd rather do? Yes. 我想不想干别的事情想啊
- But I had to make ends meet. - What other things? -但我得维持生计 -别的什么事情
Well, I always wanted to write thrillers. 我一直想写惊险小说
- Like that hat story? - Spy thrillers. -比如那个帽子的故事吗 -间谍小说
I've been kicking around this character, 我已经仔细考虑过这个角色了
CIA agent Chuck Stone, who doesn't care 中情局探员查克·斯通他毫不在意
how much his antics annoy the brass in Arlington. 自己的古怪行为会惹恼阿灵顿的官员们Why didn't you ever try it? 你为什么不写写看
I was busy with work and family. 我一直忙于工作和家庭
I was gonna start writing after my divorce, 本打算离婚后开始写
But you know... life got in the way. 但是被生活琐事妨碍了
Why do you point at me when you say "Life"? 你说生活琐事的时候为什么指着我
Am I "Life"? 我是生活琐事吗
I meant you keep my busy. 我是说你让我忙碌了起来
You had a 3-hour nap on Sunday. 你周日睡了三个小时午觉
- I was tired. From what? -我很累 -为什么累
Your 2-hour nap on Saturday? 因为周六睡了两个小时午觉吗
Jay, I've been with you for five years, 杰我跟你在一起五年了
and I've never heard you mention anything about writing. 可从没听你说过什么写书的事Hey. I bought a typewriter. 我买了台打字机
A typewriter? 打字机
When is your book signing? 你的签售会安排在什么时候
1975? 1975年吗
It's a hell of a character. 我的小说人物非常可怕
They taught him how to kill, 他们教他如何杀人
but he never learned to love! 但他从没学过如何去爱
No, no, no, no, no. Wait, wait. Okay. 不不不等等等等
Daddies! Daddies! The tooth fairy came. 爸爸爸爸牙仙子来过了
- What? No way! - Oh, that's so exciting! -什么不是吧 -真叫人激动
What'd she bring you? 她给你带了什么
Oh! Fairy dust. Nice touch. 仙尘啊真不错
Oh, my gosh, it's a lot. 天哪太多了
Some stickers... 还有贴纸
A toothbrush... 一把牙刷
And a hundred dollar bill! 还有一张百元大钞
- What? Okay. - Wow. Look at that. -什么 -快瞧瞧
I love the tooth fairy. 我爱牙仙子
The tooth fairy gave our daughter $100. 牙仙子给我们女儿一百美元呢
Does she not know that the going rate for a tooth 她不知道一颗牙的市场价格
is $5 at the most? 顶多五美元吗
Well, obviously, the tooth fairy made a mistake. 显然牙仙子搞错了
Maybe it's 'cause the tooth fairy 可能是因为牙仙子
had a little too much chardonnay last night. 昨晚喝了太多夏敦埃酒
I think the tooth fairy can handle the chardonnay. 我觉得牙仙子能消化得了夏敦埃酒What I don't think she can handle 但她恐怕无法接受
is criticizing someone who made an honest mistake 批评别人在漆黑的夜里
in the dark of the night. 所犯下的无心之过
I'm gonna put this in my clutch. 我要把它放进我的小手包里
I can't wait to tell everyone at school! 等不及要告诉学校里的每个人了
Okay, we cannot be the parents of a 6-year-old 我们的女儿收到了牙仙给的一百美元who gets $100 from the tooth fairy. 这事可不能传出去
It's bad enough we're the parents 我们的孩子才六岁就有手包
of a 6-year-old with a clutch. 这已经够糟糕了
You know, that bag transitions from day to night seamlessly, 那个包从早到晚都可以用and I no longer have to carry crayons in my front pocket. 而且我不用再在口袋里装蜡笔了Can't have this argument again! 不要再争这个了
Thank you, Dr. Ann, 安医生谢谢你
for showing us how exciting and surprising 向我们展示了真实的心理辅导
a real live therapy session can be. 多么令人激动和惊喜
I will hold on to this card. 我会收好这张名片的
Next up, we have Luke's dad, Mr. Dunphy. 接下来有请卢克的爸爸邓菲先生
Hey. Thank you. 谢谢
Guess what? 你们猜怎么着
I've been in your house when you weren't home. 你不在家的时候我去过你家
And yours. And yours. 还有你家你家也去过
No, I'm not a burglar. I'm a realtor. 不我不是小偷我是房地产经纪人
Ho! Hey, sorry I'm late! 抱歉我迟到了
I just sold another mansion. 我刚刚又卖出去一座豪宅
How you doin', honey? 你好吗亲爱的
History is full of great rivalries-- 历史充满了激烈的竞争
Athens and Sparta, Kerrigan and Harding, 雅典与斯巴达凯瑞甘与哈丁
Phil Dunphy and Gil Thorpe. 菲尔·邓菲和格尔·索普
In this scenario, he's the Tonya, I'm the Nancy. 现在这种局面他是汤娅我是南希
In this scenario, he's the Tonya, I'm the Nancy.
[花样滑冰选手汤娅·哈丁攻击了对手南希·凯瑞甘]
Pay attention, kids. 注意了孩子们
You're about to hear from the number four realtor in town.
即将演讲的是镇上排名第四的地产经纪人
Anyway, uh, I'm not gonna bore you guys with a lecture. 无论如何我不打算做无聊的演讲Instead, I'd like you to watch 相反我想让你们看看
as I converse with a young man 我和一个年轻人之间的对话
who's wondering what to do with his life. 他正在思考自己的人生目标
Hey, kid. 孩子你好
Hey, kid, up here! Up here! 孩子看这里看这里
Yo, dude! Whassup? 老兄什么事
I'll tell you what's up. 我来告诉你什么事
I'm interested in helping you 我想帮助你
by telling you all about a career in real estate. 我要给你讲讲在房地产界打拼的事情
Real estate? Isn't that just buying and selling houses? 房地产不就是买房子和卖房子么
I don't have time for that. Epic fail. 我没空搞那个太没用了
Sounds like we need to start at the beginning. 看来我们得从头讲起了
You see, real estate is about people. 你看房地产是和人有关的
People? 人
Couldn't agree more, Phil. Best part of our job 菲尔你说得太对了我们这份工作
is putting the right person in the right home. 最大的妙处就是让对的人住进对的家
- Gil... - Matter of fact, last week, -格尔 -实际上就在上周
I put a "Spanish" Couple into 我让一对"西班牙"夫妇住进了
I put a "Spanish" Couple into [美国人把所有拉丁美洲人都叫做西班牙人]
- a Spanish home. - Gil. -西班牙式的房子 -格尔
A world without houses? That's cray cray. 一个没有房子的世界那真是太疯狂了
Okay. Okay. 好的好的
Phil, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to screw up your little show. 菲尔对不起
我不是故意搞砸你的表演
I know timing is critical on these things. 我知道这种表演把握好时间最重要
- Gil, please. - Believe me, the last thing I want to do is... -拜托格尔 -相信我我最不想
Aw! You sold a house to the channel 7 weatherman? 7频道天气预报员的房子是你卖给他的吗No. No. 不不是
But I did sell one to Kobe Bryant. 但科比·布莱恩特有套房子是我卖给他的
What?! Guess what? He's not talking to you. He's talking to me. 什么他不是在跟你说话
是跟我
And I have a very funny story, actually. 其实我有个很好笑的故事要讲
- A guy walks into... No. - That's hilarious. -有个人走进...不 -太好笑了
No! I haven't told it! 不我还没讲呢
Okay, um... Oh! 好吧对了
Great throw. You were right. 好球你说得对
- It is in my court. - Ball's in your court! -确实该看我的了 -就看你的了
But guess what-- it was me the whole time. 但你们猜怎么着其实一直都是我
What?! 怎样
Come on, kids, come on. 快点孩子们快点
Give it up! Give it up! He tried. 鼓起掌来鼓起来他尽力了
I think we all know what you were going for, Phil. 我想我们都明白你的意思菲尔But I'm lookin' out here, and I'm seeing some hungry kids. 不过我看到有几个孩子饿了Am I right? That's why I brought plenty of... 我说对了没所以我才买了这么多的
Gil pickles! 格尔腌黄瓜
Who wants a Gil pickle? 谁想来个格尔腌黄瓜
Come on. Let me see 'em. 来吧我看都有谁
All right. Come on. Grab one. 好的来吧来拿吧
Gil pickles. 格尔腌黄瓜
Genius. 太有才了
So much better than my Phil-low cases. 比我的菲尔枕套强多了
Claire wasn't a fan. 克莱尔都不喜欢
One of him in bed is more than enough. 床上有一个他已经足够了
Do you hear that, ladies? 听到了吗女士们
All right. Just hit "Send." 好了点击"发送"键
Hey! You just sold a house! 你刚刚卖出了一幢房子
And you're gonna be chasing that high for the rest of your life.
而那就是你余生要追求的高目标
Give her a round of applause, everybody. 大家给她鼓鼓掌吧
She just sold a house. 她刚刚卖出了一幢房子
I wanna thank you kids for having me here today. 孩子们感谢你们今天请我来
And remember the three rules of real estate-- 请记住房地产这一行的三大准则Thorpe, Thorpe, Thorpe! 索普索普索普
Thank you, Mr. Thorpe. 谢谢你索普先生
It turns out we have a little extra time. 看来我们还剩下一些时间
- Uh, Mrs. Dunphy? - Yes? -邓菲太太 -怎么了
I'm sure the class would love to hear from you. 同学们一定想听听你的工作
Oh, no. I just came in to help my husband. 不我只是过来给我老公帮忙的
I'm a... I'm a stay-at-home mom. 我是个全职主妇
I know. And that's a very important job. 我知道那也是个很重要的职业
It is. Uh, yeah. 没错好吧
I can--I can do this for a minute. 我可以我可以讲一讲
Um, stay-at-home mom. 全职主妇
Uh, what that means is I actually have 那就意味着我实际上
a whole bunch of different jobs. 要做好几项不同的工作
I am a chauffeur, a chef, 我既是司机也是厨师
Uh, a house manager, 还是管家
- A nurse. - Is it what you always wanted to do? -护士 -这是你小时候的理想吗
No. Not exactly. 不不完全是
Uh, I went to college, uh, to study marketing 我上过大学学的是市场营销
and worked at one of those big hotel companies. 还在一家大型酒店企业工作过
But when my kids came along, 但自从我有了孩子
I just wanted to be there. 我就想在家照顾他们
You know, wipe their noses and change their diapers 给他们擦鼻涕给他们换尿布
And tuck 'em in at night. 夜里给他们盖好被子
Mom! 妈妈
For the record, I do all my own wiping. 郑重声明我擦什么都是自己擦的
So why haven't you gone back to work? 那你为什么不回去工作呢
I've done a few things lately. I just redid a house, 我最近做了很多事我整修了一幢房子and I ran for city council last year. 去年还参选了市政议员
You're on the city council? 你现在是市政议员么
No. I-I didn't win. 不我没当上
- You lost? - That's what "Didn't win" means. -你输了 -不是说了"没当上"吗
I... I thought I would be going back to work 我本来想等孩子们长大些
when the kids got older, 就回去工作
But it--it's not as easy as you might think. 不过这事没有你们想的那么简单
You know, people aren't exactly lining up 要知道一个年近40的女人
to hire a woman who's almost 40 在职场上并不抢手
and has been out of the job market for 15 years. 何况我都15年没有工作了
I thought you were 42. 我记得你已经42岁了
That's almost 40, Luke. 42和40很接近卢克
My mom went back to work when I was 4. 我四岁时我妈妈就回去工作了
Oh, so there was no one at home to teach you not to interrupt?
所以你家才没有人教你不要打断别人说话
Okay. Hey, hey, hey! 好了好了
Let me tell you something. 我来告诉你们吧
Stay-at-home moms are heroes. 全职妈妈们都是英雄
- Yeah. - They're the backbone of this country. -没错 -她们是这个国家的栋梁Thanks, Gil. 谢了格尔
I mean, if I had to do that job, 如果非要我做那样的工作
I'd probably drink myself to death, honestly. 我大概早把自己喝死了真的
All right, let's give her a round of applause, everybody. 好了我们给她一些掌声吧Come on. 来嘛
Oh, come on, you can do better than that. Let me hear ya! 来嘛把手拍响点儿让我听见All right! All right! 很好很好
All right, class dismissed. Get out of here! 好了下课了都走吧
No! 不
No, no, no. 不不不
We have... Guys, we have three more hours. 还有同学们还有三个小时才结束
- Here. - My old typewriter. -给你 -我的旧打字机
You said you want to write. Write. 你不是说你想写作么写吧
Now? I've got a busy day. 现在吗我今天很忙
I already called your office 我已经给你办公室打过电话了
And told them that you can't come in 告诉他们你今天不会去公司
to walk around for 20 minutes 乱晃上二十分钟
saying to everyone, "What's up, sport?" 跟每个人说 "怎么样小子"
I know this is your subtle little way 我明白你暗含的意思是
of saying you don't think I can do it. 你觉得我写不出东西
No. It's life getting out of the way. 不我是让生活琐事为你让路
Fine. I'm gonna take you up on your little challenge, 好吧我这就接受你的小小挑战
but you should know this-- 不过你要知道
this behavior of yours is not gonna fly 等你人老珠黄那天你这种行为
when you lose your looks. 就不会得逞了
You're gonna be long gone by then. 到那时你都死好久了
- Dunphy. - Yeah? Oh. -邓菲 -有事吗
- You okay? - I'm fine. I'm fine. -你还好吗 -我很好我很好
Don't let that little smart-ass bother you, all right. 别因为那个自作聪明的小屁孩烦心
Have you seen her mother? Does not age well. 你见过她妈妈没有特别没风度
well, um, thanks for rescuing me in there. 谢谢你帮我解围
And tell Phil I'm sorry 如果我让菲尔感到难堪的话
if I threw him off in there. 请替我向他道歉
I probably should learn just to keep my big blowhole shut. 我真是应该学着管好自己的大嘴巴Actually, it went a little better than it did in rehearsal, 其实那已经比他排练时好很多了
to be honest. 说真的
- But I will tell him what you said. - All right. -不过我会向他转达 -好
You know, your little meltdown in there got me thinking.
你刚才略为抓狂的表现让我想起些事情
I'm building a retail office development, 我正在开发一处零售和办公区
and I could use a liaison 因此我需要有人
to work with the planning commission. 负责联络规划委员会
Are you offering me a job? 你是要雇用我吗
Well, yeah. You know people in city hall, 是的你认识市政厅的人
and you did a hell of a job on that flip. 而且你炒房也炒得很不错
And for the safety of you and your family, 为了你和你家人的安全
I gotta get you out of that house. 我得让你从家里出来
But you and Phil are competitors. It-- 可你和菲尔是竞争对手
Not on this. 这事没竞争
Look, if this works out, everybody's gonna win... 听我说这事要成了对大家都好Except for that tropical fish store 除了我们要赶走的
we're booting out of there. 那家热带鱼店
I don't feel bad about that at all. 我对此一点罪恶感都没有
Can I take a couple of days to think about it? 你能让我回去想几天吗
- Yeah. Yeah. Take your time. No pressure. - Okay. -没问题慢慢想不着急 -好And when you're ready, just give me a call. 你想好了就给我个电话
- Okay. - Number's on the stick. -好的 -木棒上有我电话
Great. Oh, yeah. Okay. Gil pickle. 好的格尔酸黄瓜
See ya! Thorpe! Thorpe! Thorpe! 回见索普索普索普
Thorpe. Thorpe. Thorpe. 索普索普索普
Look what just came in the mail-- 猜我在信箱里发现了什么
A letter addressed to you, Lily. 莉莉是寄给你的信
Really? I don't get much mail. 是吗很少有人寄信给我
Oh, let's see here. 我们看看
Uh, yeah. Oh, the tooth fairy. 是牙仙子寄来的
"1 Tooth Fairy Lane." 牙达科他州牙市
"Tooth City, Tooth Dakota." 牙仙子街1号
I hope it's another $100. 希望她又送我100美元
Ooh! Well, lookie there. 我们看看是什么
Glitter! 金粉闪闪啊
I guess the tooth fairy doesn't have to worry about vacuuming. 估计这牙仙子从来不用扫地吧See, "Dear Lily, I'm writing because I made a mistake" 亲爱的莉莉我来信是因为我犯了错"and gave you too much money." 给了你太多的钱
"Please leave the $100 under your pillow tonight," 请你今晚把那100美元放在枕头下
"and I'll give you a dollar. 我会给你1美元
Sorry if that bites." 抱歉让你伤心了[咬到你]
Let me see that. 让我看看
I can't read. 看不懂
Uh, well, it sounds like she's really in a jam. 听起来她真的很烦恼
And I think we're gonna 我觉得我们必须
have to give the tooth fairy her $100 back. 把那100美元还给牙仙子
No! I wanna keep it. 不行我想留着
I'm scared that she's gonna be the one 想到要靠她给我们养老
- taking care of us when we're older. - Yeah. -就觉得好可怕 -是啊
"Chuck Stone," 查克·斯通
"6-foot, 3-inches of steely eyed determination" 身高一米九火眼晶晶坚韧不拔的硬汉"sat at the interrogation table." 坐在审讯桌前
"His mind was a blank..." 他的脑海一片空白
"A complete blank. 空空如也
"He literally could not think of one single, solitary thing. 他一件实在的事情都想不出来
"Then he noticed a spot." 这时他发现了一块污渍
"It looked like syrup left over from breakfast..." 像是早餐时滴落的糖浆
"Which made him realize it was lunchtime." 这让他想起来该吃午饭了
"A bacon, lettuce, and tomato, sandwich--" 他吃了块培根生菜番茄三明治
"Or B.L.T, as Chuck Stone called it-- 查克·斯通管它叫培生番
"would really hit the spot." 这顿饭正和他胃口
"The secret, chuck realized, was real mayonnaise..." 查克发现这美味的诀窍在于蛋黄酱"Not that healthy crap his wife kept buying for their son."
而不是他老婆平时买给儿子的健康食品
Damn it! 真烦人
"I mean, what's the point of t-t-t-t-t-t-t?" 一大串T到底是什么意思
"Tea for two. Two for tea." 你和我共饮茶
It only gets worse from here. 之后写的就更加不堪入目了
You can't be serious! 你开什么玩笑
Gil Thorpe is my nemesis! 格尔·索普是我的死对头
I hate to break it to you, Phil, 菲尔我不想打击你
but you're not Batman. 但你不是蝙蝠侠
Trust me. 相信我
Gil's a snake and he's found the perfect way to mess with me. 格尔非常阴险
他是利用你来对付我
Did it ever occur to you that he was hiring me because of...
你就从来没想过也许他想雇我是因为
I don't know? Me. 不知道我很能干
Are you kidding? What's your last name?! 你开什么玩笑你到底是谁的老婆
Right now? 现在还真难说
I'm sorry, Claire. 对不起克莱尔
I-I hate to do this, but I have to use my veto. 我也不想但我要行使我的否决权
Veto? Oh, you don't get any vetoes. 否决权你才没有什么否决权
You veto me all the time. 你总是否决我
'Cause you have dumb ideas. 因为你的想法都太蠢了
Name one. 哪个想法蠢了
That went on for a while. 她说了好久
...And let's not forget shower snacks. 还有在浴室里存零食的主意
I can't be the only one who gets hungry in there! 不可能只有我会洗澡洗得肚子饿Hey, Jay. My mom said you were writing a book. 杰我妈说你在写书
That's fantastic. 这真是帅呆了啊
By the way, Career Day was a little weird. 顺便提一句今天的职业日有点奇怪
I think Claire's going through some pretty dark stuff, 我觉得克莱尔最近心情不好
- and you might want to check... - Enough chitchat. -你也许该去关心一下 -别闲聊了I've gotta get a character out of a bind. 我正想办法让我的主角走出困境呢
Ooh. What did he do? 他怎么了
He told his wife he could write a book. 他跟他老婆说他能写本书
Don't give up, Jay. Self-doubt is part of the process. 别放弃杰自我怀疑是个必经过程You can't be a good writer 如果你不自我批判
without being critical of your own work. 你就成不了一个好作家
What? 怎么了
I'm racking my brain for a compliment here. 我实在想不出好话来鼓励你
I know. It stinks. 我知道写得烂透了
And your mom's gonna rub it in my face pretty good. 这回要让你妈看笑话了
Okay. Why is Chuck Stone interrogating this guy? 好查克·斯通为什么要审问这个人He needs the codes. If he doesn't get 'em, 他需要知道密码否则的话
the International Space Station's gonna 国际空间站就会
crash into Times Square on New Year's Eve. 在除夕夜坠落在时代广场
So he's short of time. 所以他时间无多了
He's got about two minutes. He's desperate. 他只剩两分钟他很绝望
How about this? 这样如何
"Chuck Stone smiled and lit a cigarette," 查克·斯通笑了笑点燃一支烟
"as if he had all the time in the world," 仿佛他还有大把的时间
when in fact, the world was about to end." 然而其实地球快要毁灭了
Holy crap. What happens next? 精彩啊然后呢然后呢
Move over. I'll type. 你让开我来写
Some coffee would be great. Thanks. 给我来点咖啡吧谢谢
I'm sorry. I don't understand why 抱歉但我不明白为什么
we don't just go in there, 我们不能直接走进去
we tell her we're taking the money, and that's that. 告诉她我们要把钱拿走就完事了Because this is a teaching moment, 因为这是个教育孩子的机会
and we want her to want to give the money back. 我们得引导她自愿把钱交出来
I'm just really worried 我只是非常担心
we're becoming those overindulgent parents right now. 我们要成为过分放纵孩子的家长了Don't be silly. 别傻了
Okay, you ready, tooth fairy? 好牙仙子你准备好了吗
- Let's do this. - All right. -行动吧 -好吧
Lily, look who came to say hi! 莉莉看谁来了
It's me, the tooth fairy. 是我牙仙子
And I've come to ask you for a favor! 我来是想请你帮个忙
Are you really the tooth fairy? 你真的是牙仙子吗
Oh, yes, I am. Look at my wings! 是的看我的翅膀
Can you fly? I wanna see you fly. 你会飞吗我想看你飞
Well, I can't right now because... 我现在飞不了因为...
Well, because-- 因为...
Because the tooth fairy's too sad to fly... 因为牙仙子太伤心了
Because she made a mistake that only you can make better. 因为她犯了错只有你能帮她解决Is this about the money again? 又是因为那钱吗
Well, yes, it is. 是的没错
I need enough for all the other children's tooths. 我还得留着钱给别的小盆友呢
- Teeth. - Wait a minute. -小朋友 -慢着
You're not the tooth fairy. You're Haley. 你不是牙仙子你是海莉
No! I am the tooth fairy! 不我是牙仙子
Look! Fairy dust! 看我有仙女金粉
And there's that glitter. 又得辛苦我扫地了
Why did you lie? 你们为什么撒谎
You said lying was wrong. 你们说过撒谎是不对的
We also said that when someone is in trouble, you help them. 我们也说过
要帮助遇到困难的人
How do I know you weren't lying? 我怎么知道你们不是在骗我
She is good. 她太聪明了
All right, Lily, this is ridiculous. 好吧莉莉不胡闹了
All right, the tooth fairy has made a mistake. 牙仙子犯了个错
You need to put the $100 under the pillow, 你必须把那100美元放到枕头下
and that is the end of the story. 就这样没得商量
Because you believe it's the right thing to do... 因为你觉得这样做是对的
- Yes. - Don't you? -没错 -对吧
But I wanna buy a scooter. 可是我想买滑板车
Oh. That's what I'd do. 换我也会这么做
I mean... 我是说
Who cares what Santa thinks, right? 管他圣诞老人怎么想呢
Santa? 圣诞老人
Well, he sees everything, 对啊他全都看在眼里
And this'll probably put you on the "Naughty" list. 这事恐怕会让他把你放进坏孩子名单
But who needs presents every year? 可你根本不必每年等他来给你送礼物
You've got a hundred dollars. 因为你自己都有100美元了
You can ride around that empty christmas tree 你可以骑着滑板车在空空的圣诞树下
until you're an old lady. 晃悠到变成老太太为止
Can I have some time to think about it? 可以给我些时间考虑下吗
- You don't need any... - Of course, sweetie. -你不需要时间 -当然可以宝贝
Yeah. Okay. 好的
Haley? Okay, that was brilliant. 海莉这招太高了
Thanks. Oh, also, can I borrow this? 多谢这身行头可以借我吗
- Why? - I'd rather not say. -为什么 -我还是不说的好
You know, after I put on the wig, 我戴上假发后
I just... I felt like the character. 可以感觉到融入角色了
Hang on. 等等
Yell-o? 侬好哇
Quick question. Am I talking to live Phil or video Phil? 问一下这是真正的菲尔还是视频菲尔What do you want, Gil? 你想干嘛格尔
I just wanna make sure it's okay that your wife calls me "Boss."
只想确定下你不介意你老婆叫我"老板"
- Good-bye. - Oh, hold on! Hold on! -再见 -慢着别挂
I'm just messing with ya. 我逗你玩儿呢
Although I do think 但我的确认为
your wife's gonna enjoy being under me. 你老婆会很享受在我下面办事
My son is in the car. 我儿子在车里
Hey, superstar! What's up? 大明星还好吗
Listen, any time you wanna swing by the beach house, 听着任何时候你想来海边别墅
I'll be glad to show you how to throw a tight spiral 我都很乐意教你如何扔橄榄回旋球like I did at Texas Tech. Booyah! 就像我当年在德州理工那样好耶
- Tommy! - He already knows how to throw. -汤米 -他已经会扔了
- Yeah, my gay uncle Cam taught me. - I-I got this. -我的同志舅夫小卡教我了 -让我来This was between us. You don't bring family into it. 这是我们的恩怨不能把家人扯进来Low blow getting Claire's hopes up. 让克莱尔空欢喜一场你真是卑鄙
Hey, I'm not getting her hopes up. 我没有让她空欢喜一场
This is a real job with real bennies-- 这是有着真正好处的真正工作
One of which is 其中一项好处就是
I get to tell you what I'm thinking 任何时候她探身在我桌前
whenever she leans over my desk! 我都可以告诉你我的想法
Oh, I'm gonna have so much fun with this! 这下我真是要开心死了
Later, Dunph-bags! 回见了小邓邓
What a jerk. 真是个混蛋
You know what? We're gonna tell your mom 知道吗得在你妈妈
before she goes into business with this guy. 答应与他合作前告诉她
He's Gil-ty of being a Thorpe in my side. 这个刺在我背上的索普是个大罪人
He's Gil-ty of being a Thorpe in my side. [原词为Thorn in my side: 芒刺在背]
Trying too hard. 太刻意了
Yeah. 是的
Hello! 我回来了
Move! 闪一边去
You're fine. 你没事
So? 怎么样
How was your first day of writing? 第一天写作如何啊
Gloria, shh! Let me finish one thought. 歌洛莉亚安静让我写完最后一句。