地道口语

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

1、cry wolf

喊“狼来了”;发假警报

Don't cry wolf unless you really need help.

除非你真的需要帮助,不然不要发“狼来了”的假警报。

2、freak flag

独特之处,另类的一面

But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high.

而我却将挥舞那愤世嫉俗的旗帜,并把它举得更高,更高。

3、get out of hand

失控

The country's global clout can get out of hand.

这个国家的全球影响力可能会失控。

4、get your head around it

明白,搞清楚

I didn't get my head around the fact yet.

我至今没搞清楚事情的真相。

5、dig in your heels / stick to your guns

坚持立场

Wednesday and Thursday, you dig in your heels.

星期三和星期四,你坚定了自己的目标。

6、pound the pavement

徘徊于街头找工作

I’d been pounding the pavement for months .

我在街上转了好几个月找工作。

7、pull a rabbit out of a hat

使出奇招

my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract. 我的合伙人使出奇招,帮我们拉来了一个大单子。

8、leave no stone unturned

想方设法,千方百计

I' ll leave no stone unturned until I find out who did this.

我会想尽一切办法,找出此事背后的那个人。

9、get it out of your system

不吐不快,不做不爽

I had to get it out of my system, so I told her I had found another woman. 我真的不想再憋着了——我告诉她,我喜欢上了另一个女人。

10、step up your game

有更好的表现

If you want to win this competition, you' ll have to step up your game.

如果你想赢得这场比赛,你必须得有更好的表现。

11、you rock

你真棒

Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!

罗布,谢谢你提供的票。你真厉害!

12、cut sb some slack

给(某人)方便;对(某人)网开一面

- Andrew's late again.

-安德鲁又迟到了。

- Cut him some slack - his wife's just had a baby.

-对他就网开一面吧——他妻子刚生小孩。

13、come out swinging

开始相互攻击

Hillary and Trump came out swinging again.

希拉里和特朗普又开始互掐。

14、go up in flames

毁于一旦,受到重创

His career went up in flames when he was jailed for theft. 他因为偷盗坐牢后事业受到了重创。

15、pull yourself together

恢复镇定;控制自己

Pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you? 你一定要振作起来,工作还得继续,不是吗?

16、crunch time

关键时刻

I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at wo rk.

我最近睡眠不够。正赶上工作的关键时期。

17、once in a blue moon

少有地

My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.

我姐姐住在阿拉斯加,所以我很少去看她。

18、tar sb with the same brush

认为……是一丘之貉

Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brush asTim.

由于在同一个部门工作,关系又非常密切,约翰被认为跟蒂姆是一路人。

19、hang in there

坚持住;挺住

Hang in there , John.

坚持住,约翰。

20、shoot from the hip

鲁莽行动(或讲话)

Miss Lee, I have to apologize for shooting from the hip and yelling at you for losing the papers.李小姐,我必须向你道歉。我由于找不到文件而对你发火太鲁莽了。

21、be a catch

相关文档
最新文档