关于哈佛学院校园英语情景对话

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

关于哈佛学院校园英语情景对话

哈佛学院是世界上顶尖的学院,以下是小编给大家整理的关于哈佛学院校园英语情景对话,希望可以帮到大家

Han Meimei and John meet on Monday. They are now talking about their future major.

J: Han, Which major do you plan to choose?

J:韩,打算选什么专业啊?

H: I haven’t think about this question.

H:我还设想过这个问题。

J: Jesus! Don’t you worry about or even think about you future?

J:天啊,你从来没想过或担心过你的前途吗?

H: Yes,I do. I just don’t want to ask for trouble so early.

H:是的,我只是不想这么早就自寻烦恼。

J: Too early? Han, it's your second year in high school!

J:太早?梅梅,你现在已经是高二了!

H: So what? Give me a break. Don’t laugh at me.

H:那又怎样?得了,别取笑我了。

J: Don’t get angry. I was just kidding, to test your knowledge of Harvard University.

J:别生气,我只是开开玩笑,想试下你对哈佛大学的了解程度。

H: Did it sound like a joke?

H:这像开玩笑吗?

J: I apologize. But you have to confess that you don’t know Harvard at all.

J:我道歉,但是你不得不承认你对哈佛大学一无所知。

H: Not again. Does it have anything to do with Harvard?

H:又来了。这与哈佛大学有什么关系吗?

J: Yeah, of course it does. Aren’t you going to Harvard after

graduation?

J:当然有关系了,你毕业后不是想去哈佛大学吗?

H: Sure.

H:是啊。

J: So you’re right not to think too much about your major too early.

J:因此你不想太早过多地考虑专业选择的问题是对的。

H: Don’t fool me. You know how important a major is? You know what a major mean? To a large extent,it'll determine your future life,.

H:别笑我了,你知道专业有多重要吗?你知道专业意味着什么吗?在很大程度上,专业会决定你未来的生活。

J: That’s right. A lot of students go to college because they believe that a good college or a

good major will help them find a good job in the future.

J:很对。很多学生认为上个好大学或者选择_个好专业会帮他们在未来找个好工作。

H: Is it wrong to think so?

H:那么这么想,错了吗?

J: No. I said everyone has their own values. But to me, a good higher education aims to

educate well-rounded individuals.

J:不是的,每个人都有自己的价值观,但是对我来说,一个好的高等教育的目标是要培育全面发展的人。

H: Aren’t we?

H:难道我们不是?

J: If you aim at pursuing a certain occupational target, then you’re not well-rounded.

J:如果你的目标是从事某一种职业,那么你就不是很全面了。

H: Make sense. I have so many interests and I don’t want to give up any of them. As a result, I can’t decide on my major.

H:有道理,我有许多兴趣,我不想放弃任何一个,所以我还设决定我要选什么专业。

J: Don’t worry. The freshmen don’t choose a major at Harvard College. They are only

required to take Expository Writing, and may enroll any courses in which they are interested.

J:别担心,哈佛学院的新生不用选择专业。他们只要求新生学习说明文写作,学生可以根据自己的喜好选择所要学习的课程。

H: That’s great!

H:那太好了 !

J: Besides, you can even change your major.

J:另外,你还可以换专业。

H: Couldn’t imagine that.

H:真是难以想象啊!

J: Harvard College offers us a liberal education. You do have a major, but it’s not so important as you thought, especially when you plan to go to graduate school.

J:哈佛学院提供了一个自由的教育环境,你可以选择一个专业,但是专业设有你想象中的那么重要,特别是如果你打算继续研究生学习的话。

H: Unbelievable.

H:难以置信。

J: The good graduate schools want flexible, adaptable minds, minds exposed to a broad

range of knowledge and trained in rigorous critical thinking.

J:好的研究生院是希望学生有灵活和适应性强的头脑,能够掌握全面的知识,拥有良好的逻辑思考能力。

H: So I don’t have to get a bachelor degree m pre-law if I want to go to the Law School.

H:那就是说,如果我想进入法学院,我可以不用先拿到法学预科学位。

相关文档
最新文档