英语惯用语100句
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
英语惯用语100句
1.About to 正准备要
I was about to go to school when she called. 我正要上学的时候她来电话了。
2.Above all 最重要的
Above all, make sure you read the directions first before trying to fix it.
重要的是,你在修理(这东西)之前先读一下说明书。
3. Accounted for 计算在内
All present and accounted for. 该到的全到了。该有的全有了。该算的全算进去了。
4. All along 自始自终
All along he suspected that she was guilty. 自始自终他认为她有问题。
5.Ask for 自找麻烦
He was asking for trouble when he spit on the man's shoes. 他将痰吐在那人的鞋子上是自找麻烦。
6.A steal (像捡到皮夹子一样得到的)便宜货
At this price, this dress is a steal. 这个价钱,这女装像偷来一样便宜。
7.Beat around the bush 讲话兜圈子
Don't beat around the bush, just tell me the truth right now. 别兜圈子了,快告诉我实况。
8.Be better off 比较有利
I will be better off living in America than live in Russia. 我生活在美国要比生活在苏联好。
9.Be caught red-handed 被逮个正着
They caught him red-handed with the stolen money in his briefcase.
他们将他逮个正着,他偷来的钱正在他的公文箱里。
10. Be in charge of 主管或负责
I want to be in charge of the entire company.我想统管整个公司
11.Out of the question 不可能的
You expect a raise right now, that's out of question. 你想要马上加薪是不可能的。
12.Up to (you, him…) 随(某某人)便
It is up to you how you want to handle your life. 你想要怎么样的人生随你的便
13.Be used to 习惯
I am used to eating Chinese food. 我习惯了吃中餐。
14.Brush off 应付,敷衍
She really gave him the brush off, I doubt whether she'll ever talk to him again.
她只是敷衍他,我不认为她还会见他。
15.Buy off 买通
I want to buy off the customs officers. 我想买通海关官员。
16.By the way 喔,对了(常常是讲话者突然想起一个话题时用)
Oh, by the way, your girlfriend just called. 喔,对了,你女朋友刚打电话来。
17.(Let's) call it a day 到此结束
I am tired, let's call it a day. 我累了,今天到此结束。
18.Can't help it 只得如此,不得不,忍不住
I knew I shouldn't eat too many sweets, I just can't help it. 我知道我不能吃太多的甜点,可实在是忍不住。
19.Cat 猫,在美国,猫也是女性的代名词,狗指男性Fat Cat 指大腹便便的有钱人
Look at that cool cat, he's got everything! That guy is a real fat cat, wears a Rolex, has a Mercedes, and all the girls stick to him like bees on honey. 看那个家伙,他真是个有钱人,戴罗莱克斯手表,开奔驰车,女人像蜜蜂叮蜂蜜一样叮着他。
20. Cop out 溜掉, Chicken out胆小如鸡(鼠), Bug out 虫掉(指临阵脱逃)
Don't cop out, I need you to be responsible and keep your promise. 别溜啊,我指望着你说到做到。
Why do you want to chicken out? It's easy, just go take the test, after all, you really studied hard.
你为什么要溜呢?很容易考的。去考试,毕竟你辛苦地学习了的。
Jim decided to bug out, the concert was just too noisy. 吉姆决定开溜,这音乐会太吵了。
21.Cool 冷静,入时,好
I have kept my cool. 我保持了冷静。
He is really cool. Everyone likes the way he dresses. 他很时髦,大家都喜欢他的打扮。
It's cool.真好,不错。
22.Day by day 一天天
I take everything day by day, I don't let anything bother me. 过一天算一天,我不为琐事烦心。
23.Deal 成交,一言为定
Let's make a deal. I will pay you two thousand dollars now and two thousand dollars next week.
让我们成交。我现在先付你两千,下星期再付你两千。
Why is that a big deal!那有什么了不起。
24.Raw deal 上当,吃亏
He gave you a raw deal. 他让你吃大亏了。
25.Dirty old man 老而好色之徒
Young Lady, you had better watch out for that guy, he's a real dirty old man.
女孩,你最好小心那个人,他是个老色鬼。
26.Dope 白痴,傻瓜,毒品
Look at him, he must be on dope or something. 看,那人肯定吸了毒或怎么地了。
27. Dummy 假人,木头人,笨蛋
Wow, he's such a dummy he can't even understand basic math. 哇,他真是个笨蛋,连基本的数学都不懂。
28. For good 彻底,永久
She left him for good. 她和他决裂了。
29.For the time being 目前这段时间
For the time being, it would be better for you to wait. 目前来说,你最好等一等。
30.Forget it! 算了吧,别提了,别想了,别指望了
Hey, forget it, I'm not interested any more ! 算了吧,我已经不感兴趣了。
31.Get along 相处得,进展得
I expect you children to get along and stop fighting. 我希望你们孩子们团结一点,不要再吵闹了。
You had better get along now and be leaving. 你最好现在离开。
32.Get in touch, keep in touch 和某某人联系,保持联系
Can you tell me how I can get in touch with you, what's your e-mail address?