有关动物的英语成语
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
动物英语成语
I can smell a rat. ---- 我觉得事有蹊跷。
Something here is fishy. 有一些事让人觉得可疑。
You are a rat. 形容一个人是「鼠辈」。
He rats me out. 他把我给卖了
Why buy the cow when the milk is free. ---- 何必为了一棵树而放弃整片森林。
Don't have a cow! 你不要生气啦!
She looks like a cow. 她长得很胖。
A leopard豹子doesn't change its spots. ---- 牛牵到北京还是牛。江山易改,本性难移。
How could I ever trust that snake in the grass? - --- 你要我怎么相信他呢?
You are such a snake in the grass. 你很邪恶,不值得相信。
I am so hungry. I can eat a horse. ---- 我好饿,我可以吃下一匹马。
I can eat a hog. (食用猪)
I quit smoking, I don't want monkey on my back. ---- 我戒烟了,因为我不想有负担。
有人每天一直缠着你不放,你觉得他很烦,你就可以跟他说,"You are monkey on my back."
You chicken. ---- 你这个胆小鬼。
Hey! Don't chicken out! 因为胆子而落跑
This is like chicken-and-egg. ---- 这就像是先有鸡还是先有蛋的道理。
一件事不知谁先谁后。Does that the book become famous because of the author? It's just like chicken-and-egg.
Those fighters just had a dog-fight in the sky. ---- 那些战斗机在天空中缠斗。
This is a dog-eat-dog world. (这是一个狗吃狗的世界) 中文里讲人吃人的世界
Every dog has its day.类似中文里「行行出状元」。
Let's pig out. ---- 让我们大吃一顿吧。「狼」吞「虎」咽,
Bull market or bear market? ---- 多头市场还是空头市场?
打靶中了红心,You hit bull's eye。
Don't give me that bull.别跟我来这套,我不会相信你的。
Hey, you turkey. ---- 喂,你这个小鬼。
Cat got your tongue? ---- 你的舌头打结了吗?
She is a social butterfly. ---- 她是社交花蝴蝶。
You let the small fish go to catch the big fish。---- 放长线钓大鱼
Don't fish in the trouble water别混水摸鱼。
feed the fish 晕船。
Once bitten twice shy. ---- 一朝被蛇咬,十年怕草绳。
Fair for the goose is fair for the gander? ---- 对你公平的事不一定对我就公平。
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. ---- 师父引进门,修行在个人。
Don't put the cart before the horse. 不要本末倒置(cart 是马车的意思)
"Don't look the gift in the horse mouth. 别人送的礼物你不要太挑剔。
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. 狗嘴里吐不出象牙。