新概念英语第二册课文
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
Lesson 1 A private conversation 私人谈话
Last week I went to the theatre. 上星期我去看戏。
I had a very good seat. 我的座位很好,
The play was very interesting. 戏很有意思,
I did not enjoy it. 但我却无法欣赏。
A young man and a young woman were sitting behind me.
一青年男子与一青年女子坐在我的身后,
They were talking loudly. 大声地说着话。
I got very angry. 我非常生气,
I could not hear the actors. 因为我听不见演员在说什么。
I turned round. 我回过头
I looked at the man and the woman angrily.怒视着那一男一女,They did not pay any attention. 他们却毫不理会。
In the end, I could not bear it. 最后,我忍不住了,
I turned round again. 又一次回过头去,
'I can't hear a word!' I said angrily.
生气地说:“我一个字也听不见了!”
‘It’s none of your business,' the young man said rudely. 'This is a private conversation!'.
“不关你的事,”那男的毫不客气地说,“这是私人间的谈话!”
Lesson 2 Breakfast or lunch? 早餐还是午餐?
It was Sunday. 那是个星期天,
I never get up early on Sundays. 而在星期天我是从来不早起的,I sometimes stay in bed until lunch time.
有时我要一直躺到吃午饭的时候。
Last Sunday I got up very late. 上个星期天,我起得很晚。
I looked out of the window. 我望望窗外,
It was dark outside. 外面一片昏暗。
'What a day!' I thought. “鬼天气!”我想,
'It's raining again.' “又下雨了。”
Just then, the telephone rang. 正在这时,铃响了。
It was my aunt Lucy. 是我姑母露西打来的。
' I've just arrived by train,' “我刚下火车,”
she said. 'I'm coming to see you.' 她说,“我这就来看你。”'But I'm still having breakfast,'“但我还在吃早饭,”我说。
I said.'What are you doing?' “你在干什么?”她问道。
she asked. ‘I’m having breakfast,' I repeated.
“我正在吃早饭,”我又说了一遍。
'Dear me,' she said. “天啊,”她说,
'Do you always get up so late? “你总是起得这么晚吗?
It's one o'clock!''现在已经1点钟了!”
Lesson 3 Please send me a card 请给我寄一明信片
Postcards always spoil my holidays.明信片总搅得我假日不安宁。Last summer, I went to Italy. 去年夏天,我去了意大利。
I visited museums and sat in public gardens.
我参观了博物馆,还去了公园。
A friendly waiter taught me a few words of Italian.
一位好客的服务员教了我几句意大利语,
'Then he lent me a book. 之后还借给我一本书。
I read a few lines, 我读了几行,
but I did not understand a word. 但一个字也不懂。
Every day I thought about postcards.我每天都想着明信片的事。My holidays passed quickly, 假期过得真快,
but I did not send any cards to my friends.
可我还没有给我的朋友们寄过一明信片。
On the last day到了最后一天,
I made a big decision. 我作出了一项重大决定。
I got up early and bought thirty-seven cards.
我早早起了床,买来了37明信片。
I spent the whole day in my room, 我在房间里关了整整一天。but I did not write a single card! 然而竟连一明信片也没写成!
Lesson 4 An exciting trip 激动人心的旅行
I have just received a letter from my brother, Tim.
我刚刚收到弟弟蒂姆的来信,
He is in Australia. 他正在澳大利亚。
He has been there for six months. 他在那儿已经住了6个月了。Tim is an engineer. 蒂姆是个工程师,
He is working for a big firm and he has already visited a great number of different places in Australia.
正在为一家大公司工作,并且已经去过澳大利亚的不少地方了。
He has just bought an Australian car and has gone to Alice Springs, 他刚买了一辆澳大利亚小汽车,
a small town in the centre of Australia.
现在去了澳大利亚中部的小镇艾利斯斯普林斯。
He will soon visit Darwin. 他不久还将到达尔文去,
From there, he will fly to Perth. 从那里,他再飞往珀斯。
My brother has never been abroad before,
我弟弟以前从未出过国,
so he is finding this trip very exciting.
因此,他觉得这次旅行非常激动人心。