婴幼儿日常英语亲子大全
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
1. Diminutive/child-like words for things: 小孩喜欢的物品
cuddly (any plush toy, stuffed animal, etc) 想抱抱的(任何毛绒绒的玩具,填充动物等)
owie, booboo A child’s injury (could be a cut, bruise, burn, etc...)
亲亲孩子的伤口(可能是割伤,擦伤,灼伤。
)
dolly (for a doll) 娃娃
duckie or ducky (toy duck) 小鸭子
teddybear (toy stuffed/plush bear) 泰迪熊,或者是填充、毛绒熊
bally or ballie (for a toy ball) 玩具球
PJ’s/nighties (for pajamas) 睡衣
shoesies (for shoes) (only when being affectionate or playful) 鞋子(只是用于好玩的时候)
footsies (for feet) (only when being affectionate or playful, e.g., “Whose footsies are these?”, said while pretending not to know.) 脚脚(只是在逗乐的时候,比如:这是谁的脚脚啊?,假装不知道的说)(Note: there’s a game called “footsie”, where each person tries to put his foot over the other person’s.) (注:有个叫做“脚”的游戏,每个人都努力想把脚放到别人的脚上。
)
toesies (for toes) 脚指头
tummy (for stomach) 肚肚
choo-choo train (for a train) 小火车
2. Diminutive/child-like words for animals 孩子喜欢的动物
ducky or duckie (for a duck, regardless of age) 小鸭子
horsy or horsie (for any horse, regardless of age) 马
bunny-rabbit (for any rabbit, regardless of age) 兔子
doggy, puppy, puppy-dog (for any dog, whether young or old) 狗狗
lambie or lamby (for a little lamb, or sometimes even any sheep) 小羊
froggy (for frog) 青蛙
kitty-cat, pussy-cat (for any cat) 猫咪
birdy, birdie for bird 小鸟
hen you want to suggest that the animal is very loveable, you can intensify any of these by saying “sweet little lambie”, etc. 你还可以通过这样的表达来强化动物的可爱,“可爱的小羊羊”
3. Diminutive/ terms of endearment/familiar words for family members, people 家人,亲爱的人
children = kids, kiddies, the little ones, munchkins 孩子
Names of family members: 家人名称
Father: Dada, Daddy, Dad, Pop (rare), Pa (rare, more rural/old-fashioned) 父亲:。
Mother: Mama, Mommy, Mom, Ma (rare, more rural/old-fashioned) 母亲:。
Note: supposedly when a baby first starts talking they will say Dada and Mama; in most families in the US it evolves to Mommy and Daddy, and later to Mom and Dad when the children get old enough and start wanting to not sound like little kids
一般婴儿最开始的称呼是“Dada and Mama”,大多数美国家庭的孩子后来改称“Mommy and Daddy”,再后来孩子大一些之后改称“Mom and Dad”因为他们不想让自己听起来像小孩子。
Sister: Sis, Sissy (for sister; the sister in question won’t necessarily like this) 姐妹
Grandad, Grandpa, Gramps (for grandfather) 爷爷,祖父
Grandma, Gramma, Granny (for grandmother) 奶奶、祖母
Cuz (for a cousin, not very common) 堂、表兄弟姐妹
Auntie (for Aunt) 姑妈,伯母,舅妈,阿姨
People outside the family often use “Master”or “Miss”to address a child, as in “And how is Master John today?”or “How is Miss Jane?”. This is a sort of playful formality. Parents use it sometimes too.
外人经常用“master”或”miss”来称呼孩子,比如“今天John少爷怎么样啊?Jane小姐怎样啊?”是一种好玩的说法,父母有时也这样说。
Expressing affection 表达感情
You’re my absolute favorite boy/girl. 你是我最爱的儿子/女儿
You’re my treasure. 你是我的珍宝
You make me so happy. 你让我如此开心
Come sit on my lap. 来坐到我腿上
Come snuggle up next to me. 来偎到我身边
I need some hugs. 我需要拥抱
World’s neatest little girl/boy. 世界上最乖巧的小孩
You’re my precious one. 你是我最珍爱的
You light up my day. 你照亮了我的一天
You’re (my) number one boy/girl. 你是我最重要的儿子/女儿
I wouldn’t trade you for all the gold in the world. 全世界的金子也不换你
You’re my biggest joy. 你给我带来了最大的欢乐
You’re my sunshine. 你是我的阳光
I’d do anything for you. [Personally, I’d be cautious about using this one!]
我会为你做一切。
(我个人比较谨慎使用这句)
“How much does Mommy/Daddy love John?”“This much!”(the child answers this with the arms streteched out wide). Or, answers can be made more colorful, e.g., “From here to the moon and back.”, etc. “爸妈多爱你啊?”“这么多!”(孩子用手臂比划着回答),或者回答可以更丰富,比如“从这儿一直到月亮然后再回来这么多)
You get 3 guesses as to who my favorite boy/girl is. (the 3 guesses are a sort of joke; they can answer with the names of other children to be funny)
你可以猜三次我最喜欢的孩子是谁。
(这是一个玩笑,他们可以回答其他孩子的名字当作好玩)
5. What to say about or to someone else’s baby or child 对其他人的孩子怎样说
bundle of joy – classic term referring to a new baby 快乐包(指一个新生儿的经典说法)
So this is your new arrival? 所以这是你们的新生儿?
I think he has his mommy’s eyes. 我觉得他的眼睛像妈妈
How’s the little one? Keeping you busy? 小家伙怎么样?够忙的吧?
Is he sleeping through the night? 他能睡一整晚不?
Has he said his first word yet? 开始说话了没?
Isn’t he adorable? 他真可爱啊
What an angel-face! 真是天使的脸庞!
Isn’t she a darling? 她真是可爱啊
Isn’t she a dear! 同上
He’s so cute! (After a certain age boys might not want this said about them, except by girls of the same age.
And some fathers object to it ever being used for their sons.)
他真可爱!(通常用于女孩,上了一定年龄的男孩不喜欢这样的称呼)
Look at that button nose. (To a baby only)看看这小鼻子
Look at that mop of hair! (this is meant as a compliment when said of a baby)看看这把头发
He’s getting to be such a big boy.他长成大男孩了
Daddy’s little girl. (Usually refers to a girl whose father seems to dote on her a lot.)
爸爸的小女孩(爸爸对女儿溺爱的称呼)
6. Sentences: 句子
“Up you go!”(Said when picking a child out of the crib, for example.) 起来喽!(比如可以在把婴儿从婴儿床上抱起来时说)
“It’s time for a nap.”该小睡一下了。
Do you need to be burped? 你想要拍拍吗?
Did you wet your diaper? 是不是你的尿布湿了?
Mommy’s going to change you. 妈妈要给你换(尿布)了。
You need to be changed. 需要给你换(尿布)了。
Do you want Mommy to pick you up? 你想要妈妈抱你起来吗?
Let Mommy rock you a bit. (Meaning: the mother is taking the baby in her lap and rocking in the rocking chair.) 让妈妈来摇一摇你。
(意思是、:妈妈把小孩放在腿上,然后坐在摇椅上摇)
7. Greetings 打招呼
Hi, Hiya (Hello) 嗨
Hi, precious. 嗨,宝贝
Hi, sweetie. 嗨,甜心
Wave bye-bye to the nice man. (Something you’d say to a 1-year-old)
跟那个叔叔说拜拜。
(可跟1岁左右的孩子说)
How’s my princess? (for a girl) 我的小公主怎么样?
I missed you (terribly/very much). Did you miss me? 我非常想你,你想我吗?
How did your day go? 你今天过的怎样?
8. Waking up 叫醒
Did you sleep well? 你睡得好吗?
Did you have a bad night? 你是不是睡得不好?
Wake up, sleepyhead. 快醒来,小睡虫
Time to get going. 要走了
We need to get moving. 我们要出发了
It’s already late. 已经迟了
Are you still lazing around? 你还在磨蹭吗?
Rise and shine! 快起来了!
9. Clothing and getting dressed: 衣服,穿衣
Sentences: 句型
It’s time to get dressed. 该穿衣服了
What do you want to wear today? 你今天想穿什么?
What do you feel like wearing today? 你今天想穿什么衣服?
You need to change; we’re going to the store. 你需要换一下(衣服)了;我们今天要去商场。
This shirt doesn’t go with those pants. 这件衬衣跟裤子不搭
It’s too cold for short sleeves. 穿短袖太冷了
Is this shirt too tight? 这件衬衣是不是太紧了?
Did you outgrow these pants already? Wow, you’re growing fast. 这条裤子是不是已经穿小了?哇,你长的真快。
Are those shoes pinching your toes? 这鞋是不是挤脚了?
Here’s a pretty little shirt for you. (the words “pretty little”are just added to be affectionate)
这件漂亮的衬衫给你穿不错。
You tore these pants; you can’t wear them today. 这条裤子破了,今天你不能穿它。
Look, you have a hole in your shirt. 看,你的衣服破了个洞
Pick up your socks and put them in the laundry basket. 把你的袜子捡起来放到洗衣篮里去。
How did your clothes get so dirty? 你怎么把衣服弄得这么脏?
You look smashing! 你看起来很不错!
That dress was made for you! 这条裙子简直是为你订做的!
That’s your style of shirt. 那件衬衣是你的风格
It’s not really your look. 这不像是你的(风格)
Red is definitely your color. 红色很适合你
Do you really have to change clothes three times a day? 你非得一天换三次衣服吗?
Why does it take an hour to get dressed? 为什么要花一个小时的时间打扮?
About the actual process of putting clothes on: 具体穿衣的步骤
Your pants are on backwards. 你裤子穿反了
You’ve got your shoes on the wrong way. 你鞋子穿反了
Let me button up your shirt. 让我帮你扣扣子
Your shirt is buttoned up wrong. 你衣服扣子扣错了
Do you know how to tie your shoelaces yet? 你知道该怎样系鞋带了吗?
Straighten out your legs. 伸直你的腿
Put your legs straight out. 把你的腿伸出来
Don't bend your legs. 别弯着腿
I can't get your pants on with your legs like that. 你的腿像这样我无法给你穿好裤子
Come on, we need to get these pants on. 快来,我们要穿裤子了
Sit still. / Stand still. / Stop squirming. / Stop fidgeting.
坐好了、站在那儿别动,别乱动,别乱动
Will you button up the coat by yourself? 你自己可以扣好外套的扣子吗?
Unbutton your shirt. 解开上衣扣子
Zip up your jacket; it’s cold out. 外面冷,把夹克拉链拉上
Unzip your jacket. 把夹克拉链拉开
Now put on your sweater. 现在把毛衣穿上
First put your arm through the sleeve, now put your head through. 先把手伸出袖子,然后把头钻过去You put your shoes on wrong / the wrong way. 你鞋子穿反了
You've got your right shoe on your left foot, and the left shoe on the right foot.
你右边的鞋穿到左脚,左边的穿到右脚了
Those shoes are on wrong.同上
These shoes don't match/ don't go together.这双鞋不搭对
Your sweater is on backwards. (meaning, the front side is in back).你的毛衣穿反面了
You have your sweater on backwards. ( “)同上
Your sweater is inside-out. (meaning, the inside part is showing on the outside).同上
You have your sweater on inside-out. ( “) 同上
Put your hand through the sleeve. Now the other one. Stretch your legs. Don't bend over.
把你的手伸出袖子,然后是另一只手。
伸腿,别弓着。
Put your clothes on. / Get dressed.穿上衣服。
Your right arm goes in the right sleeve. 你的右臂伸到右袖子
Now put your other arm in the other sleeve. 现在是另一只胳膊伸到另一只袖子
Your little finger is stuck in the sleeve; let me get it out. 你的小指头在袖子里卡住了,我来帮你弄出来
Lift up your leg. 把腿抬起来
Put your foot through here / through this opening. (i.e., through the opening in the pants) 把你的脚伸出来(裤子的口)
Now your other foot / leg. 现在是另一只脚
Take your clothes off. / Take off your clothes. ("Get undressed." is also correct.) 把衣服脱了
Pull down your pants. (this is when using the toilet) 把裤子脱下来
0. Kitchen/mealtime vocabulary:
Kitchen/mealtime sentences: 厨房,吃饭用语
Does baby need to be burped? 宝宝需要拍拍吗?
Don’t throw food on the floor. 别把食物扔到地板上
Stop playing with your food. 别玩你的食物了
Don’t smear that all over the table. 别把那些都抹到桌子上
No elbows on the table. (Said mostly by picky parents.) 胳膊肘别挨着桌子。
(通常是比较挑剔讲究的父母)We’re having your favorite today! (Meaning, the child’s favorite food dish.)
今天弄了你最爱吃的!
Come sit at the table. 到桌子这边来坐好
Don’t talk with your mouth full. 嘴巴里满是食物的时候别说话
Just eat one at a time. 一次吃一个就好了
Don’t put all of those in your mouth at once; you could choke. 别一次把那些都吃进去,小心噎着。
Wash up, it’s time to eat. 洗洗手,要吃饭了
"Don't spill tomato sauce on your clothes; it's very hard to remove."
别把番茄酱弄到衣服上了,很难洗掉的
"You know you're not supposed to spill food on your clothes." 别把食物弄到衣服上
Help Mommy set the table. 帮妈妈摆一下餐具
Help Daddy do the dishes. 帮爸爸洗一下碗
Help us clear off the table. 帮我们收拾一下桌子
You’re a little piggy! (Said to a child who’s very messy.) 你真是个小猪!(对弄的脏兮兮的小孩说)Can I be excused? (Very common way for child to ask if he can leave the table.)
我可以离开了吗?(是孩子如果想离开饭桌时说的非常普通的句子)
You’re excused. (Adult gives child permission to leave the table.)
可以。
(同意离开)
11. Safety and injuries 安全和受伤
Sentences:
Don’t touch. 别碰
It’s bad for you. (Very common general way of telling a child why they shouldn’t do something.) 这对你不好(一种告诉孩子不该做的事情的常用方法)
Don’t run in the house. 别在屋里跑来跑去的
Don’t run while carrying that pencil. 别拿着铅笔跑来跑去的
These tools are too sharp; they’re only for grownups. 这些工具太尖了,只能长大后用
The oven is very hot; you could burn yourself. 这个炉子太烫了,你可能会烧伤自己
Don’t touch anything on the stove. 别碰炉子上的任何东西
If you tip that pan over, you will get burned very badly.
如果你把那个锅弄翻了,你会严重受伤的
Don’t leave toys on the stairs; people will trip on them.
别把玩具放在楼梯上,大家会绊到它们。
Don’t climb on this table; it can’t hold you / it could tip over.
别爬这个桌子,它承不住你/会翻的
This ladder isn’t stable.这个梯子不稳
Don’t touch the electrical outlets. 别碰电插座
Don’t ever put anything in the outlets.别碰插座里的任何东西
Don’t try to plug anything in the outlet.不要往插座里插任何东西
Don’t chew on that cord. 别咬那绳子
Don’t sit too close to the TV. 别坐的离电视太近
It’s nothing. It’s just a little cut. You’ll live.没关系,只是个小小的割伤,你会好的。
It’s just a bruise.只是一点擦伤
You’re lucky; you could have been hurt much more badly.
你很幸运,否则你可能伤的更重
Don’t ever talk to strangers.别和陌生人说话
Never accept anything from a stranger. 别接受陌生人的任何东西
"Don't play with matches!" 别玩火柴
"Playing with fire is very dangerous."玩火很危险
Traffic safety: 交通安全
"Always look both ways before crossing the street."过马路前先看好两边的路
"Never cross the street without looking to make sure no cars are coming."
没确认两边没车时不要过马路
"Wait for the green light before you cross the street."等绿灯亮了再过马路
"Remember, some cars don't stop for red lights. You always have to be careful."
记住有些车会闯红灯,所以要小心
To make a stronger impression, on a child who tried to do something very dangerous:
严重警告孩子不要去做一些危险的事
That was a really stupid thing to do.那样做真的很傻
Are you out of your mind?你疯了?
What possessed you to do that?你怎么会那样做呢?
What were you THINKING?你在想什么?
12. Playtime indoors – toys, fun, games 室内玩乐时间
Sentences:
“Don’t leave crayons on the floor where people will step on them.”
别把蜡笔弄到地板上,别人会踩到的
“Don’t waste paper.”别浪费纸
“Want to play hide-and-go-seek?”(also: “hide and seek”)想玩捉迷藏吗?
“I’m going to count to ten.”(Said while playing hide-and-go-seek)我要数到十咯。
“Ready or not, here I come.”(The standard thing you say after you’ve counted to ten and you’re going to go look for the child.)好了没有,我来了。
(捉迷藏数完十后)
“I’m just a pretend dragon.”(even though “pretend”is not really an adjective in
我假装是龙
"Roll the ball. / Roll the ball to me. / Roll the ball over here."滚动那个球,把球滚过来给我,把球滚到这儿来
"Roll that (toy) car over here."把那个玩具车滚过来
Board game sentences: 棋盘游戏
“Move your piece three spaces/squares forward.”你可以走三个格
“You lost your turn.”你输了这一轮
“It’s your turn to throw the dice.”轮到你扔骰子了
13. Playtime: Indoors: ABC’s, Learning etc 室内,学习
“Let’s see you draw a circle.”让我看你画一个圈
“Can you draw a picture?”你可以画一张图吗?
“What does “dog”start with?”dog这个词是以那个字母开始的?
“D”is for dog.是D
“Color this picture for me.”为我将这幅图上色
“Color within the lines. / Stay within the lines.”when a child is learning to color in a coloring book. 在线条内上色,
“How many trees do you see in this picture?”在这张图中你看到多少棵树?
“That’s a great coloring job.”颜色涂的真好
“This is a sloppy coloring job. You went too quick. Take your time next time.”
这个图涂的有点出来了,你完成的太快了,下次慢慢来。
If your child comes to you with a paper full of scribbles: “That’s interesting. What is it about?”or “What did you draw here?”or “Tell me about this picture.”
如果你的孩子拿了一张胡乱涂鸦给你,你可以说:真有趣,这是什么啊?你画的是什么啊?告诉我这张图画的是什么呀?
14. When the child is uncooperative: 当你的孩子不合作的时候
“You tore off that picture again, didn't you?”你又把那张画下来了,是吗?
“You've been tearing pages out of that book, haven't you? Now what did I tell you about that?”
你把那本书的页面撕下来了是吗?我是怎么跟你说的?
“Why did you tear up that paper? Now you have to pick up all the pieces off the floor.”
你为什么要撕纸?现在把地板上的所有碎片捡起来。
15. You might want to translate instructions in preschool workbooks into English. Here are some typical ones: 学前练习簿英语。
“Circle the one object in each row that does not belong.”将不属于每一行的圈出来
“Color in red all the objects that are usually colored red.”将通常是红色的东西涂红
“Draw a line from each object on the left to the object on the right that goes with it.”
将左边的每个东西与右边相对应的连线
“Find three differences between these two pictures.”找出两副图的三个不同之处
“How many triangles can you find in this picture?”在这张图里你可以找到几个三角形?
16. Playing outside 室外玩耍
Sentences:
Want to swing?想荡秋千吗?
Shall I push you? (Said by an adult helping a child to swing)我推你好吗?
You can touch the sky! (The child is swinging very high.)你可以摸到天了!(荡的很高)
Want to go down the slide?想从滑梯上下来吗?
Let’s play ball. / Let’s play catch.我们来玩球吧,玩接球
Catch!接住!
Good catch!接的好!
Throw me the ball.把球扔给我
Let’s make a sand castle.我们来堆一个沙堡
Bundle up; it’s cold out there.多穿点,那儿很冷
You can’t go out without shoes. (Meaning, you’re not allowed to.)没穿鞋不能出去
Want to play outside? Want to play in the yard?想出去玩吗?想去院子里玩?
Let’s go play in the park.我们去公园玩吧。
Did you get dizzy on the merry-go-round?玩旋转木马晕吗?
17.和其他还孩子玩
“Don’t kick.”别踢
“Don’t step on his toes.”别踩他的脚
“Don’t hit him.”别打他
“No bullying.”别吓唬别人
“Don’t pull her hair.”别拉他的头发
“Don’t trip her.”别绊倒她
“No more roughhousing.”不要再打闹了
18. Helping around the house
“Pick up the toys.”/”Put the toys away.”/”Put the toys up.”把玩具捡起来。
收拾起来。
“Have you done your chores?”你的家务事收拾好没?
“Time to clean up.”清洁时间到了
19. Bathroom talk, body parts 洗澡。
身体部位
Sentences:
Don’t unroll the toilet paper.不要打开厕纸
You unrolled the toilet paper again!你又把厕纸卷开了
You've been playing with the toilet paper, and I told you many times not to do that!
你怎么又在玩厕纸,我告诉你好多遍了不要那样做!
Don’t use too much toilet paper.别用太多厕纸
To flush the toilet马桶冲水
Don’t put anything but toilet paper in the toilet!除了厕纸什么也不要扔进马桶
“Don’t pick your nose.”/ “Don’t stick your fingers in your nose!”adults say this very often to children.别挖鼻子
Wipe your bottom.擦屁股
20. Bath time, washing up, hygiene 卫生,洗澡
Your hands are sticky.你的手粘呼呼的
Please don’t touch the furniture with sticky hands.别用粘乎乎的手碰家具
Wash them immediately!马上去洗
Don’t drink from other people’s cups, you’ll catch their germs.
别喝别人的杯子,你会感染细菌的
Don’t put your fingers into that food.别把指头弄到食物里
You have to wash your hands with soap after you poop.如厕后要用肥皂洗手
It’s no big deal if you get water in your eyes.水弄到眼睛里问题不大
You need to wash your hair or it will start to smell.你要洗头了要不会有气味的
If you never take a bath, other children won’t want to play with you.
如果你不洗澡别的小朋友不会和你玩的
Don’t track mud all over the house.别把泥巴踩的满屋子都是
What a mess you've made看你把屋子弄的!
Look at the mess you've made!同上
Look at this mess!同上
You got your clothes all dirty!你的衣服都脏了
21. Bed-time:上床时间
It’s time to go sleepy-bye. 该睡觉了
Sweet dreams. 做个好梦
22. Words of encouragement, compliments 鼓励,赞扬
Great job. Good job. Nice job.做的好
I’m so proud of you我为你骄傲
Way to go!做的对
That’s a great coloring job. That’s a great job of coloring.画的好!
You did great.你做的好
You’re the best.你是最好的
You’re my everything.你是我的一切
My treasure!我的宝贝
You’re tops!你是最棒的
23. Parents finding out what’s wrong and giving reassurance
What happened?发生什么事了
What’s the matter?同上
Why are you crying?你为什么哭?
Is something wrong?怎么了?
Is something bothering you?同上
Is there something you want to talk about?你想说什么吗?
Do you have anything to tell me?有什么话要对我说吗?
You can talk to me about anything.你可以什么都对我说
Don’t worry.别担心
Mommy’s right here.妈妈在这儿呢
It’s all over now.都结束了
It’s okay.没事的
You’re fine. 你没事的
Everything’s fine.同上
There’s no need to worry.没必要担心
Mommy and Daddy won’t let anything bad happen to you.
爸妈不会让不好的事发生在你身上的
We’re right in the next room.我们就在隔壁
There’s nothing to be scared of.没什么好怕的
It was just a nightmare. Nightmares aren’t real.只是个恶梦,不是真的
Everyone has nightmares. Mommy and Daddy have them sometimes too.
每个人都会做恶梦,爸妈也会
I know it must have been scary, but it’s all over now.我知道很吓人,但都结束了Are you feeling better now?你觉得好些了吗?
Do you want Mommy to stay here for a while?你想要妈妈在这儿呆一会吗?
What did he/she do to you? (Usually referring to a playmate that was being too rough.) 她/他对你做了什么?
24. Manners 礼貌
Don’t interrupt Daddy/Mommy.别打扰爸爸,妈妈
Don’t bother me while I’m on the phone.当我讲电话的时候别干扰我
Don’t call people names.别骂人
No whispering. (Many parents won’t allow this when others are present.)别讲悄悄话
Say please. If I can’t hear you, it’s because you didn’t say please. (A way of saying that you will ignore any requests that don’t include the word “please”.)
说“请”,如果不说“请”我就当没听见
I expect you to behave nicely while you’re visiting your friend.
希望你去同学那儿的时候表现好一点
Tell John you’re sorry you hit him.告诉JOHN你打了他很抱歉
Are you going to apologize?你要道歉吗?
You don ‘t sound very sorry.听起来你并不感到抱歉
Say it like you mean it.认真的说
That was not a nice thing to do. 那样做不好
Don’t step on my feet.别踩我的脚
Cover your mouth when you cough.咳嗽的时候把嘴捂上
Don’t cough in someone else’s face.别对着别人咳嗽
25. Discipline (please note- I’m just reporting what parents say here in the US, not saying that these are necessarily good things to say to your own child!) 规矩
For parents who are in the mood to be reasonable:
“What are you doing?”你在做什么?
"Stop doing that." 不要那样做
“Maybe you need to think about this a bit.”(Implying: you did something wrong, and you haven’t shown me yet that you understand this.)
也许你该想想这件事(你做错事了,你还没告诉我你明白了这一点)
“We need to discuss this.”(A nice alternative to scolding.)我们有必要谈一谈
“This is not acceptable.”这是无法接受的
“I thought you were a big boy/girl now.”我认为你是一个大女孩了
“Could you cooperate a little?”你能不能合作一点
“We don't have time for games like this.”我们没时间做这种游戏
“We don't do things like that in this house.”在这个房子里我们不会做这种事的
“Did you do that on purpose?”(Very common question adults ask, meaning, you did something wrong, but was it intentional or by accident.)你是有意那样做的吗?
“Tell me what really happened.”告诉我发生什么了
“Was that a nice thing to do?”这样做正确吗?
“I’m disappointed in your behavior.”我对你的行为感到失望
“I don’t want to hear your stories.”(This means, don’t invent excuses or tell lies.)
我不想听你讲故事
More definitive statements:
更权威的表述
“You need to go to bed, period.”("Period" is just a colloquial way of saying it's a final decision.)
你该上床睡觉了,到点了
“Don't argue with me about this.”别和我争论这个问题
“No more discussion, you're going to bed now.”没得商量了,现在要上床睡觉了
“Don't argue with me.”别跟我讲条件了
“Stop playing games.”别玩游戏了
“Stop clowning around.”不要到处乱跑
“Stop messing around.”= stop wasting time, we need to get going
不要浪费时间了,我们要走了
“Settle down”(i.e., stop making too much noise, running in the house, etc)安静
“Could you keep it down?”= could you make less noise能不能安静下来
“I’m going to count to three, and if you don’t have the toys picked up by then....”
我数到三,如果你还不把玩具捡起来。
“Stop making excuses and start cleaning up.”
别找借口了,赶紧开始打扫。
“No more of your stories. You need to go to bed now.”别找借口了,赶紧上床去
“Why? Because I said so. You don't need another reason.”
为什么?因为这是我说的,没有其他的理由。
“You do as I say.”照我说的做
“You know that when I say it's bedtime, I'm not going to change my mind.”
你知道我说该上床的时候是没得商量的。
“If I say something, don't go to your father and expect him to say something different.”
当我说什么的时候,别到你爸爸那儿去指望他会袒护你说和我不同的话。
“That's not the tone of voice to use with your mother.”这不是你该和妈妈说话的语气“You don't talk like that to Mommy!”不许这样跟妈妈说话
“Don’t raise your voice at me!”别对我提高声调!
“Don’t talk to me in that tone of voice!”别用那种语气跟我说话
(I wouldn't say "Shut up!" to a child; it's usually a rather rude thing to say.)
我不会跟孩子说“闭嘴!”,这样比较粗鲁。
“That's a rude way to speak!”这样说话很粗鲁!
“Be quiet!”/ “Hush up!”安静!
“You don't have to shout; I'm not deaf.”别对我大喊大叫,我不是聋子。
For parents who want to express more displeasure: (父母要表达更多的不高兴)
“What on earth are you doing?”你究竟在干什么?
"Don't do that!"别那样做!
"Don't act like that!”同上
“Stop acting like that!”同上
“Stop acting up!”同上
“That was a very rude thing to do/say!”那样做/说很不礼貌(粗鲁)
“Do it right away, or else...”(a sort of implied threat that many parents use)
马上去做,否则。
“That’s it! That’s the limit!”好了,够了啊!
“You’ve crossed the line.”你已经过分了啊
“Don’t lie to me/ to your mother! Don’t tell lies!”别对我(你妈妈)撒谎!不许撒谎!“If I catch you doing that again, I’ll be very upset with you.”
如果再抓到你这样干,我会对你非常失望的。
“We’re not going to stand for this type of behavior.”我们不会容忍这种行为的
“I don’t care who started it.”我不管是谁先开始的
“Don’t interfere.”别打扰
“You had it coming to you.”(Meaning, you kept doing something wrong until you finally caused something bad to happen.)你会知道后果的
“You deserved that.”你活该
“Now you know what it feels like.”(People use this when one child has been pestering another, and the other children finally has enough and does something back.)
现在你知道什么感受了吧
“How many times do I have to tell you?”我告诉过你多少次了?
“I told you over and over not to do that!”我反复告诉你别那样做!
“You’ve made such a big mess.”你看你弄得乱的
“Because I said so!”(Classic response of a parent to a child who says “Why do I have to do that?”)因为是我说的(通常用于当孩子回答父母说“我为什么一定要那样做”,)
“Go stand in the corner.”去站到墙角去
“Enough! / Stop it! / Cut it out! / Knock it off! ”= stop what you’re doing at once
好了!停下来!
“Don’t talk back to me!”= don’t say no when I say yes别跟我对着来
“Your behavior has been awful/horrible.”你的行为真可怕
26. On the go (transportation) 在路上
“Let’s go for a walk.”我们去散步吧
“Let’s go for a ride.”我们去骑车吧
“Buckle yourself in. / Buckle up!”(meaning, fasten your seat belt in the car)把安全带系好
“Get in your seat.”坐好了
“Don’t touch the gear shift.”别碰档位
“Don’t unbuckle your seat belt while we’re driving.”我们在开车的时候别把安全带解开
When the child is curious about what they see outside: 当孩子对他们看到的外面的东西好奇的时候:
“Look at the car wheels turning.”看那车轮子在转
“The car wheels go round and round. “车轮子在转啊转
“The concrete truck rolls along the road.”水泥车在路上边转边走
“Look at that car over there. It’s coming towards us.”看那边的车朝我们过来了
“Can you see the duck swimming in the river.”看到鸭子在河里游泳吗?
“Did you hear that doggie barking?”听到狗狗在叫了吗?
“What do donkeys say? Donkeys say ‘hee-haw’”驴子是怎么叫的?驴子叫是“黑哦”
“The dog goes “woof”.狗狗“汪汪”叫
"Do you see the duck?"看到鸭子了吗?
"See that duck over there?"同上
“Look at that horse there. And there’s another horse! Do you see it too?”
看那边的那匹马,那儿还有一只!你也看见了吗?
"Yes, that's also a horse."是的,那也是一匹马。