客户接待英语
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
实用客户接待英语
Applied English for Receptionist
Chapter One 第一章
A Call from a Buyer 客户来电
接电话时,由于无法看到对方的容貌,表情,只能听到对方的声音,因此对声音的敏感度就格外重要。
有的人一听到话筒传来的“Hello”声音,就会变的很紧张,其原因一方面是怕听不懂,另一方面是怕赶不上对方的速度,因而造成沟通不畅的情况产生。
当你赶不上对方的速度时,可以婉转地说:
I’ m sorry I can’t follow you. Would you repeat it?
抱歉,我跟不上你。
你愿意再说一遍吗?
I could n’t catch you. Would you speak more slowly?
我跟不上你。
你愿意讲慢一点吗?
万一周围的环境太吵,以至于无法听清楚对方说话时,如果你说的是Will you speak more clearly?(你能不能讲清楚点?)也许自尊心强的外国客户听来,可能会感到不高兴,因为用“clear”这个字,意思是对方说话不清楚。
此时不妨改用以下说法,较为合适:
Would you speak more loudly, please?
我听不见你说的话。
你愿意讲大声点吗?
当你忙的不可开交,却接到一通冗长的电话时,可以用:
Thank you for calling. 谢谢你打来电话。
I wish we could talk longer, but I have kept my visitor waiting.
我希望我们能够谈一会儿,但我已经让来客久等了。
之类的句子,来表示“Goodbye”的意思,使对方了解到谈话应该结束,同时也不会显得没有礼貌。
A.Typical Sentences (精华短句)
1. Hello, this is V olt Company. Speaking.
喂(你好),伏特公司。
请讲。
2. ABC Company. Good morning.
(这里是)ABC公司。
早上好。
3. Who is calling, please?
= May I ask your name?
= May I have your name, please?
= Who am I speaking to?
请问你是那位?
4. May I speak to Mr. Cowley, please?
= I’d like to speak to Mr. Cowley.
= Mr. Cowley, please.
请找考利先生接电话。
5. Would you give me the Overseas Department?
= Overseas Department, please.
= Would you please transfer me to the Overseas Department? = Could you connect me with the Overseas Department?
请接海外部。
6. Could you speak more slowly(loudly), please?
请说慢(大声)些。
7. Could you say it again, please?
= I beg your pardon?
= Pardon?
请再说一遍。
8. One moment, please.
= Just a moment, please.
= Please wait for a moment.
= Please hold the line a moment.
= Please stay on the line.
请稍等。
9. Just a moment, please. I’ll call her.
= Hold on, please. I’ll get her for you.
请稍等,我去叫她。
10. I see, I will transfer your phone to Customer Service.
知道了,我替你转接客户服务部。
11. This is Mary Zhang of Customer Service, thank you for your patience. 我是客服部张玛丽,让你久等了。
12. Who do you want to speak to?
= To whom would you like to speak?
请问你找哪位?
13. I’m sorry Mr. Robert is not in the office.
对不起,罗伯特先生不在办公室。
14. I’m sorry; he is not at his desk.
= I’m sorry; he is not here right now.
= I’m awfully sorry; he is not in just now.
抱歉,他正在听别的电话,请问能否稍等一下。
15. I’m afraid he’s on another line. Would you mind holding?
很抱歉,他正在听别的电话,请问能否稍等一下?
16. What number are you calling?
你的电话号码是多少?
17. I’m sorry, there’s no one by the name here.
= I’m sorry, there isn’t anyone named A in this office.
抱歉,这里没有这个人。
18. I’m afraid you have got the wrong number.
你好像打错号码了。
19. I’m sorry you have the wrong extension. Hold on the line and I’ll transfer you
to Mr. Zhao.
很遗憾,你的分机号码没拨对。
请稍候,我把电话转给赵先生。
20. We seem to have a poor connection.
电话信号不太好。
21. I’m sorry I can’t hear you clearly. Can you hang up and call back?
对不起,我听不清。
把电话挂了,然后再给我打过来,可以吗?
22. I’m sorry it’s a bad line. Please hang up and I’ll call again.
很遗憾,线路太糟了。
请把电话挂了,我再给你打过来。
23. I’m afraid it’s a bad connection. Can you call back?
线路太糟了。
你给我打过来,好吗?
24. He is busy at the moment. 他在忙。
= He is in conference. 他在开会。
= He is out of the office. 他出去了。
= He has just stepped out. 他刚出去。
= He is away on business. 他出差了。
25. Can I have your name and number, please?
请问你贵姓?电话号码是多少?
26. Where can he contact you?
他该怎么与你联系?
27. What number are you calling from, please?
请问你的号码是多少?
28. How do you spell your name?
= Could you spell your name, please?
你的名字怎么拼写?
29. My telephone number is 3217-6879.
我的电话号码是3217-6879。
30. Good. I’ll ask her to call you as soon as she’s back.
好的。
她一回来,我就叫她给你打电话。
31. Right. I’ll let him know when he’s in.
好的。
他回来时,我告诉他。
32. Fine. I’ll ask her to phone you as soon as she comes in.
好的。
她一来,我就叫她给你回电话。
33. Could you tell me when he’ll be back?
可以告诉我他什么时候回来吗?
34. What time do you think he’ll be back?
你认为他什么时候回来?
35. I have something very urgent, please.
我有要紧的事,拜托!
36. I have something very urgent, could you kindly let me know his mobile phone number?
我有很要紧的事,可不可以告诉我他的手机号码?
37. Is there any message?
= May I take a message for him?
要不要留话?
38. Please take a message for him.
请转告他。
39. Can I leave a message for him.
我可以留言吗?
40. Could you let her know I called? This is Luo Gang.
请转告她我来过电话。
我叫罗刚。
41. No, thank you. It’s not urgent. I’ll call back later.
不用了,谢谢,没什么急事。
我等会儿再打过来。
42. Please ask him to call at 3278-1456.
请他打3278-1456。
43. Please call back later.
= Please call again later.
请待会儿再打过来。
44. Would you like him to call you?
要不要他给你回电?
45. The line is busy now.
电话正忙。
46. Thank you very much for calling.
感谢你打来电话。
47. Please feel free to call me again.
欢迎您再次致电。
B.Situational Dialogue (情景对话)
(one)
A=Secretary B=Mr. Luo C=Mr. Smith
A: Good morning, Mr. Smith’s office. Miss Xie speaking. 早上好,这里是史密斯先生的办公室,我是谢小姐。
B: Hello. May I speak to Mr. Smith, please?
你好。
请找史密斯先生电话。
A: May I have your name, please?
请问你是哪一位?
B: Luo Gang of the Textile Import Corporation.
纺织品进口公司的罗刚。
A: Hold the line, please. Mr. Luo. (To Smith) Mr. Luo of the Textile Import Corporation wants to speak to you.
请稍等,罗先生。
(对史密斯)纺织品进口公司的罗刚先生的电话。
C: Hello, Mr. Luo. This is Smith speaking.
你好,罗先生。
我是史密斯。
B: Good morning, Mr. Smith. My name is Luo Gang. I’m phoning about our order for…
早上好,史密斯先生。
我是罗刚。
我打电话是想询问有关我方定单……
(two)
A: Secretary B: Mr. Kurdyla
A: The light Industrial Import and Export Corporation.
这里是轻工产品进出口公司。
B: This is Mr. Kurdyla from ABC Company. Could you put me through to Mr. Cowman?
我是ABC公司的克迪拉先生。
请接科曼先生。
A: I’m afraid he’s not in. Can I take a message?
对不起,他不在。
是否要留言?
B: Yes, please. Can you ask him to call me back?
好的,你能不能要他给我回个电话?
A: Of course. Whom shall I say is calling?
当然可以。
请问尊姓大名?
B: My name is Frank Kurdyla and my number is 357-7687.
我叫弗兰克.克迪拉。
电话号码是357-7687。
A: Can you spell that, please?
噢,请你把你的名字拼读一下好吗?
B: Yes, my first name is F-R-A-N-K, and my family name is K-U-R-D-Y-L-A. 好的,我的名是F-R-A-N-K,姓氏是K-U-R-D-Y-L-A.
A: F-R-A-N-K, your first name, and K-U-R-D-Y-L-A, your family name.
名是F-R-A-N-K,姓是K-U-R-D-Y-L-A.
B: And your number is 357-7687.
你的号码是357-7687.
A: 357-7687. Right, Mr. Kurdyla. I’ll ask Mr. Cowman to call you back.
357-7687.好了,克迪拉先生.我告诉科曼先生给你回个电话.
B: Thank you very much.
非常感谢.
A: You’re welcome.
不用谢.
(three)
A= Secretary B= Client C= Mr. Fang
A: Dachang Trading Company. May I help you?
大昌贸易公司.我可以为你效劳吗?
B: Extension 2685, please. I’d like to speak to your sales department manager.
请接内线2685.我想和销售部经理讲话.
A: Yes, sir. Hold the line, please.
好的,先生,请稍等.
C: Sales Department, Mr. Fang speaking.
这里是销售部,我姓方.
B: Could I speak to Mr. Wang, please?
我可以和王先生讲话吗?
C: I’m sorry, but Mr. Wang is on another line right now. Would you like to talk to someone else?
对不起,王先生正在接另一个电话.你想和其他人讲话吗?
B: No. I’m afraid I have to speak to your manager, Mr. Wang. What time will he be available?
不了,恐怕我必须和你们王经理谈. 他什么时间有空?
C: I’m sorry, but I really can’t say. Can I take a message?
对不起,我真的不知道,我能传话给他吗?
B: Yes, have him call me as soon as he’s free.
好的,请他有空立刻打电话给我.
C: Thank you for calling. I’m sure he will get your message.
谢谢你的来电,我一定会替你转达的.
(four)
A= Operator B= Mr. Keller C= Mr. Park D= Mr. Miller
A: Hello, is that Guangzhou, 8632-6287?
喂,是广州的8632-6287吗?
B: Yes, it is.
是的.
A: This is Chicago. We have a collect call for Mr. Park.
这儿是芝加哥.有一个派克先生的付费电话.派克先生在吗?
B: Yes, he’s here. I’ll get him to come to the phone now.
在. 我现在去找他来接电话.
C: Hello. This is Mr. Park speaking.
喂, 我是派克先生.
A: You have a call from Mr. Miller. Will you accept the charge?
有个米勒先生打来电话. 你愿意付费吗?
C: Yes, I will.
好的.
A: Thank you. Mr. Miller is on the line.
谢谢你. 电话通了, 可以和米勒先生通话了.
D: Hello. This is Mr. Miller speaking.
你好. 我是米勒先生.
C: Good morning. Mr. Park speaking. What can I do for you, Mr. Miller?
我是派克先生, 早上好. 能为你效劳吗, 米勒先生?
D: I’d like to purchase some automobile parts from your company. I plan to fly to Guangzhou in China tomorrow afternoon, then pay a visit to your company.
我想从贵公司购买一些汽车零部件. 我打算明天下午飞到广州, 然后参观
贵公司.
C: Warm welcome! I’ll meet you at the Baiyun Airport.
非常欢迎! 我会到白云机场接你.
D: Thank you very much.
多谢.
(five)
A= Client B= Mr. Crabbe
A: Hello, I’d like to speak to sales department manager, Mr. Crabbe.
喂, 我想同销售部经理克雷布先生通话.
B: Good morning. This is Mr. Crabbe speaking. When are you coming to Guangzhou?
早上好. 我就是克雷布先生. 你什么时候来广州?
A: I’m arriving on April 9, Southern Airlines Flight 802. It’s due at 11:30 a.m.
我4月9日到, 搭乘南航802次航班. 预计当天上午11点30分到达.
B: I’ll be at the airport to meet you.
我会到机场迎接你.
A: I’d appreciate it.
非常感谢.
B: By the way, how will I recognize you?
对了, 我怎样认得出你呢?
A: I’m about 182 cm in height. I have black hair and wear a jacket.
我大约1米82高, 黑发, 身穿茄克衫.
B: I see. Bye!
我明白了, 再见!
A: Bye!
再见!
Chapter Two 第二章
Picking up a Buyer 接客户
到机场迎接客户,事先要和对方约在特定的地点见面(如:机场的咖啡厅等),以免找不到人。
与人相约,要守时。
让客户久等,是很失礼的行为。
如果彼此没见过面,可先问清对方的外形,特征和当天的穿着。
当天到达约定地点,发现有符合特征的人,即可直接向前询问。
如:
A: Excuse me, are you Mrs. Penn?
对不起,请问你是佩恩太太吗?
B: Hello! It’s a pleasure to meet you at last.
你好!很高兴终于见到你了。
在机场迎接客户,朋友的时候,可以使用下列简单的用语来打招呼:
Did you have a good flight?
飞行旅行愉快吗?
Did you have a nice trip?
旅途愉快吗?
I hope you had a nice trip.
我希望你有个愉快的旅行。
I hope you have enjoyed your flight.
我希望你对这趟飞机旅行感到满意。
按照我们一般打招呼的习惯,握手的同时,往往会顺手递上名片。
但在欧美,人们只有在认为有必要继续联络时,才会递上名片。
所以,一般在告别的时候,在适当的时机中递出来,名片才能显示出它的意义和功效。
以下是交换名片时,常用的句子:Hello! I’m David Li. Here’s my business card.
嗨!我是李大卫。
这是我的名片。
Oh, let me give you my business card before I forget.
哦,趁我还没忘记以前,让我把我的名片给你。
上车时,要注意座位的安排。
在有司机的情况下,车后座靠右侧是上座;如果是车主自己开车,则车主旁边的座位是上座。
但是吉普车,则与一般轿车有不同的座位安排,即使有司机,前座右侧仍是上座。
其他时候,譬如说在由机场到市区的路上,如果能彼此多聊聊,是比较理想的。
此时的谈话内容不外是天气,彼此的近况等话题,以此来打破僵局。
这时可以说:
It’s very warm, is n’t it?
天气和暖和,对不对?
Did everything go all right?
一切都还好吧?
How’s your business?
生意如何?
到了宾馆应帮助客户办理住房手续,晚上道别是应说“Good night”。
此外,在道别的时候,用词上有一些需要注意的地方,对初次见面的人,多使用“meet”(认识)。
如:
I’ve enjoyed meeting you. 或:
I’m very glad to have met you.
很高兴认识你。
然而,对于认识的人,则使用“see”(见到)这个动词。
如:I’m very glad to have seen you.
非常高兴见到你。
至于我们常用的“慢走”,“好走”的客套话,西方人的习惯用语则是下面几句话:
Have a nice day! 或:
Have a good time! 祝你玩得开心!
Had a nice day! 或:
I hope you had a nice day. 希望你玩的开心。
A.Typical Sentences (精华短句)
1. How are you today?
你今天好吗?
2. Just fine, thanks. How are you?
很好,谢谢。
你呢?
3. How’s everything going?
你情况怎样?
4. Not bad.
还不错。
5. How are you getting along?
你近来怎么样?
6. Nice to see you again.
再次见到你真好。
7. Nice to have met you.
很高兴认识你。
8. It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?
好久不见了,不是吗?
9. It’s good to see you again.
真高兴再见到你。
10. It’s good to see you again, too.
我也很高兴再见到你。
11. Excuse me, but are you Mr. Smith from International Toy Trading Corporation?
请问,您是国际玩具贸易公司的史密斯先生吗?
12. Please allow me to introduce myself.
请允许我自我介绍一下。
13. I’m here to meet you.
我是来这儿接你的。
14. I have the feeling that we have known each other for a long time.
我觉得好像我们已经认识很久了。
15. We have talked to each other for several times over telephone.
我们在电话里已经交谈过好多次了。
16. Let me help you with that suitcase.
让我来帮您提那只箱子。
17. No trouble at all.
一点也不费事。
18. Did you have a nice flight?
旅途愉快吗?
19. Yes, the flight was smooth.
是的,旅途很愉快。
20. Do you have all your luggage here?
你的行李都在这儿吗?
21. Hello. Let me introduce myself. My name’s Chen De.
你好。
我来自我介绍一下,我叫陈德。
22. Peter, could you introduce me to the Marketing Manager in your company?
彼德,你可否包我介绍给贵公司营销部经理认识一下。
23. Will you introduce me to that lady?
把我介绍给那位女士认识一下,好吗?
24. Let me introduce you two.
我来介绍你们两位认识一下。
25. John, I’d like you to meet our client, Mr. Rex Pike.
约翰,来认识一下我们的客户,雷克斯.派克先生。
26. Here is my card.
这是我的名片。
27. I think this is the first time we’ve met, isn’t it?
我想这是我们第一次见面,对吗?
28. We have a car over there to take you to the hotel.
我们的车停在那边送你们去宾馆。
29. Our car is out in the parking lot.
我们的车就在外边的停车场。
30. Our general manager Mr. Chang asked me to say “hello” to you.
我们的总经理常先生让我转达他对你的问候。
31. He meant to come here to meet you in person.
他本来打算亲自来这儿接您。
32. But some other business held him back, so he asked me to come in his place.
他因公务缠身,才由我代替。
33. That’s exactly the same.
都一样。
34. I don’t think you know Mr. Roget, my associate.
我想你还不认识我的助手,罗瑞先生。
35. Is this your first visit to China?
这是你第一次来中国吧?
36. How is the world treating you?
你过得怎么样?
37. How are you getting on with your job here?
你这里的工作进展的怎样?
38. We can qualify for a corporate rate at your hotel.
我们可以在你们饭店享受团体优惠价。
39. Would you please book a room for five days, beginning from May 2nd?
请您为我公司订一个房间,从5月2日起,住5天,好吗?
40. A single room with a bath, if possible.
如果可能,要一间带浴室的单人房。
41. If you have two single rooms, so much the better.
如果你们有两个单人房,那就更好了。
42. Are there any beds vacant?
有空床位吗?
43. Have you a double room for tonight?
今晚你们有一间双人房吗?
44. Can I book a single room with a private bath tonight? 今晚我能订一间带私人浴室的单人房吗?
45. We would like the rooms close together.
希望我们的房间能挨的近一点儿。
46. Would you like to get a room overlooking the sea? 你想要一间朝海的房间吗?
47. What sundry services does the hotel offer?
宾馆有哪些零星的服务?
48. What if I’ve got something to be sent to the laudry? 如果我有些衣服要送去洗衣房,该怎么办?
49. How much is a room for one night?
一间房住一晚多少钱?
50. How much is boarding and lodging per day?
膳宿费一天多少钱?
51. How do I about getting a morning call?
我该如何请人家早晨叫醒我?
52. You must be tired after your long flight.
经过长途飞行,您一定很累了。
53. I hope you’ll have a pleasure stay here.
希望您在这儿能过得很愉快。
B.Situational Dialogue (情景对话)
(one)
A= Secretary B= Mr. Robert
A: Excuse me, but are you Mr. Robert of City Bank? 抱歉,请问你是花旗银行的罗伯特先生吗?
B: Yes, I am.
是的,我是。
A: How do you do? I’m Peter Zhang of Legend Group. 你好!我是联想集团的彼德.张。
B: How do you do? V ery nice to meet you.
你好!非常高兴见到你。
A: Did you have a good flight?
飞机旅行还愉快吧?
B: Yes, it was enjoyable, thanks.
相当愉快,谢谢。
A: That’s good to hear.
听到你这样说真好。
B: How is the world treading you?
你过得怎样?
A: Fine. Thank you very much.
很好。
多谢。
(two)
A= Assistant to General Manager B= Client
A: Warm welcome to Guangzhou, Mr. Pitman.
欢迎来到广州,皮特曼先生。
B: Glad to see you, Mr. Luo.
很高兴见到你,罗先生。
A: I’ve heard a lot about you, and I’ve been looking forward to meeting you, too.
久仰了。
我也一直盼望认识你。
B: Thank you very much for coming to meet me.
非常感谢你来接我。
A: No trouble at all. Let me take your things.
这没有什么。
让我替你拿行李。
B: Oh, that’s all right. They’re not heavy.
哦,还好。
行李不重。
(three)
A= Deputy Manager B= Mr. Meade
A: (Calling out in the crowd) Here I am, Mr. Meade.
(在人群中喊) 我在这儿,米德先生。
B: Hi, Mr. Yang. How are you doing?
嗨,杨先生。
你好吗?
A: Fine, thanks. It’s nice to see you again.
很好,谢谢。
很高兴再见到你。
B: It’s been quite a white, hasn’t it?
已经好些日子没见面了,不是吗?
A: Right. I t’s been almost 2 years since I saw you in San Francisco. 是啊,打从上回我在旧金山见过你到现在,已经差不多快两年了。
B: You haven’t changed a bit.
你一点也没变。
A: Thank you. Neither have you.
谢谢!你也一样。
B: How are you getting along with your company in recent days?
最近你公司的工作进展怎样?
A: Everything is OK. And how’s your business?
一切都很顺畅。
你的生意如何?
B: It’s booming. Thank you.
很兴隆。
谢谢。
(four)
A= Manager B= Client
A: Excuse me, but are you Mr. Lover from the International Toy Trading Corp.?
抱歉,您是国际玩具贸易公司的洛弗先生吗?
B: Yes, I’m Merritt Lover.
是的,我是梅里特.洛弗。
A: Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Liu Guoli. I’m from Guangzhou Y uhua Toy Factory. I’m here to meet you.
请允许我自我介绍一下。
我叫刘国立,来自广州裕华玩具厂。
我是来这儿接您的。
B: Glad to meet you. I have the feeling that we have known each other for a long time.
很高兴见到你。
我觉得我们好像已经认识很久了。
A: Of course. We have talked to each other for so many times over telephone. Did you have a nice flight, Mr. Lover?
当然是。
我们已经在电话里交谈过好多次了。
旅途愉快吗,洛弗先生?
B: Yes, the flight was smooth. The service was good, too.
是的,旅途很愉快。
服务也不错。
A: I’m glad to hear that! Do you have all your luggage here?
很高兴听你这么说!你的行李都在这儿吗?
B: Yes, it’s all here.
是的,都在这儿。
A: We have a car over there to take you to your hotel. 我们的车停在那边。
车会带你到宾馆。
B: That’s fine.
很好。
A: Let me help you with the suitcase.
我来帮你拿手提箱。
B: Thanks a lot.
多谢。
A: Shall we go, then?
可以走了吗?
B: Yes, thank you for all your trouble.
可以。
真给你们添麻烦了。
A: No trouble at all. Come this way, please.
一点也不费事,这边请。
(five)
A= Manager B= Client
A: How was your flight?
您的飞机旅行如何?
B: Not bad. But I’m a little tired.
还不坏。
不过,我有点累。
A: Have you made hotel reservations?
你有没有事先订好旅馆?
B: No, the trip was so sudden.
没有,这趟旅行这么仓促。
A: Well then, let me make some arrangements for you. 那么,我来替你安排。
B: I’d appreciate that.
非常感谢。
A: Shall I take you to a hotel now?
我现在载你去旅馆,好吗?
B: Yes, please.
好的,谢谢。
(six)
A= Secretary B= Client
A: I’m pleased to meet you, Mr. Kennan.
很高兴见到你,凯南先生。
B: The pleasure is mine.
这是我的荣幸。
A: You must be tried after such a long flight.
在长途飞行之后,您一定有些疲惫。
B: Yes, I’m feeling a little jet lag.
是啊,我觉得有些不适应时差。
A: Is this your first trip to Guangzhou?
你是第一次来广州吗?
B: Yes, it is.
是的。
A: I’ve booked a room for you at the Garden Hotel. Single, for a week.
我已经在花园酒店为你订了一间单人房,可以住一星期。
B: Oh, good. Thanks.
哦,很好,谢谢!
(seven)
A= Manager B= Client C= Hotel Attendant
A: My name is David Wang. Here’s my card.
我叫王大卫。
这是我的名片。
B: Thank you. This is my card.
谢谢。
这是我的名片。
A: The company’s car is waiting outside. Shall we go?
公司的车子在外面等着。
我们可以动身了吗?
B: OK. Is it going to be very far?
好的。
路途会很远吗?
A: No, we’ll get there right away. (on opening a car door) Please sit in the back seat.
不,我们马上就到。
(打开车门时说)请坐后座。
B: Thank you.
谢谢。
(After 30 minutes)(30 分钟后)
A: Here’s your hotel. Let me help you with the formalities at the desk. 你的旅馆到了。
让我帮你到前台办理手续。
B: You are very kind.
你真太好了。
A: Would you please book a single room for my company for five days, beginning from tonight?
请你为本公司订一个房间,从今晚起,住5天,好吗?
B: All right.
行。
(After formalities were finished)
(办完手续后)
A: (In the hotel room) I think you’d like to unpack and freshen up. (在宾馆房间)我猜你想打开行李拿出衣服,然后放松一下。
B: Yes. Just give me a minute to take a shower and change my clothes. 是啊,给我一点时间,洗个澡,换一下衣服。
A: Take your time. I’ll be back around 6.
慢慢来。
我大约6点左右回来。
B: OK. I’ll be ready by that time.
好的。
我会在那之前准备好。
(eight)
A= Manager B= Client C= Hotel Attendant
A: (In the car)It’s warm, is n’t it?
(在车上)天气和暖和,对不对?
B: It surly is. How’s business recently?
的确是。
最近生意如何?
A: A little slow, I’m afraid, but we expect things to pick up soon.
恐怕有点不景气,但是我们期望情况很快会好起来。
B: That sounds encouraging.
听起来很有希望。
A: How long will you in Guangzhou?
你会在广州呆多久?
B: My schedule is rather tight. I have to leave for Hong Kong on Friday.
我的时间表相当紧凑。
星期五我得前往香港。
A: We’ll have to hurry, in that case.
那样的话,我们必须抓紧时间。
(Arriving at the hotel after 40 minutes)
(40分钟后到达宾馆)
C: Yes? May I help you?
请问有什么可以效劳的地方?
B: I’d like to check in, please.
我想住宿。
C: Do you have a reservation?
预定了房间吗?
B: Yes. My name is John Smith. I made it with the ABC Travel Agency in Los Angeles.
有。
我的名字叫约翰.史密斯。
洛杉机的ABC旅行社替我办的预订手续。
C: No problem. You have the reservation here.
没问题。
你在这里已经预订好了。
B: How far is it to your company?
到你公司有多远?
C: It’ll take about 20 minutes or so if the traffic isn’t too heavy.
如果交通不太拥挤的话,大概20分钟左右。
B: It’s not far.
不算远。
A: When should I pick you up?
我应该什么时候来接你呢?
B: At 9:00 o’clock tomorrow morning, please.
请明早9点来接我。
A: Good night.
晚安。
B: Good night. See you tomorrow.
晚安。
明天见。
Chapter Three 第三章
A New Business Contact 会见客户
在接待客户,做出日程安排时,应考虑周全而且有礼貌。
要尽量以方便客户为原则,如果有时与自己公司内部的日程安排发生冲突,应对自己的日程安排做出调整。
有时,在做出日程安排时,还应考虑客户来自哪个国家,尽量避免因时差给客户带来的不适。
见面时,根据西方礼节,应注意以下几个事项:
a.异性间相互介绍时,应先将男性介绍给女性。
b.同性间相互介绍时,应将地位较低者介绍给地位较高者,
把未婚者介绍给已婚者。
c.把年幼者介绍给年长者。
d.同性间,当年纪,地位都相似的时候,则先将自己比较熟
悉的人介绍给其他人。
介绍时,记住对方的姓名是种礼貌。
像How do you do, Mr.
Brown? How’s going, Miss Lin? 这类寒暄,由于加上对方的名字,而使听的人备感亲切。
所以在介绍时,要注意对方的姓名,迅速而准确无误地把对方的姓名记下来,万一听不清楚的时候,可以再请教对方一次,总之,以尽可能不要叫错对方名字为原则。
Schedule Arrangement 日程安排
A.Typical Sentences (精华短句)
1. I’m afraid I can’t make it before the end of the week.
恐怕本周周末前我不能预约时间。
2.I’m sorry tomorrow is all booked up. What about the day after
tomorrow?
非常抱歉,明天已经安排满了。
后天怎么样?
3.I won’t be able to keep my appointment with you on Tuesday.
星期二我不能跟你见面。
4.Then, let’s make it ten o’clock at my office.
那么,我们就定在10点在我的办公室见。
5.There is nothing scheduled before lunch.
午餐前都没有什么安排。
6.Any afternoon except Saturday.
除了星期六,哪天下午都行。
7.Would Friday morning be all right for you?
星期五上午对您合适吗?
8.What about Wednesday morning?
星期三上午怎么样?
9.Would Wednesday afternoon suit you?
星期三下午对您合适吗?
10.A ny time tomorrow would suit me.
明天任何时候都可以。
11.I’ll be free all Tuesday afternoon.
星期二整个下午我都有空。
12.I’d like to see you sometime this week. What time would be
convenient for you?
这个星期我想去拜访您。
什么时候对您比较方便?
13. I wonder if we could change the date of the meeting to sometime later in the week, say, Thursday.
不知道我们能否把会面的日期改在这周的晚些时候,比如说,星期四怎么样?
14. May I expect you at four?
我在四点钟等你好吗?
15. Are you quite sure you can come?
你是否一定能来?
16. I’d like to have an hour appointment with you next week. Is it possible for you to spare the time?
下星期我想跟你谈一个小时左右。
你能抽出时间吗?
17. I’d like to meet you to explain our new product.
我很乐意为您介绍我们的新产品。
18. Any day will be fine.
哪天都可以。
19. Any day expect Wednesday will be fine.
除了星期三,哪一天都行。
20. (To the secretary) I’d like to meet with Mr. Smith the day after tomorrow.
(对秘书)我想在后天拜访史密斯先生。
21. Will you ask him his schedule?
请帮我问一下他的日程安排好吗?
22. Mr. Smith has time at three o’clock in the afternoon.
史密斯先生下午3点有时间。
23. I’m very sorry. He doesn’t have time this week.
很抱歉,他这个礼拜没空。
24. I have half an hour available for a meeting after 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
我星期二上午11点后有30分钟的时间可以见面。
25. Thank you very much. I will visit you then.
非常感谢,到时候我会来拜访您。
26. Mr. Smith is on business trip this week. He will come to the office on Monday.
史密斯先生这个星期出差,星期一会回公司。
27. I’m very sorry. I must cancel our appointment, since I learned that
I have to go to Pairs on business tomorrow.
很抱歉,我必须取消我们的约会,因为我明天必须到巴黎出差。
28. Since I’m going back to Guangzhou next week, I’d like to talk with you about the agreement again before I leave.
因为下周我将回广州,离开之前,我想再与您谈谈合同的事。
29. Would you please tell me when you are free?
请问你什么时候方便?
30. (To the secretary)Would you please make an appoinment with Mr. Smith at two o’clock tomorrow?
(对秘书)请你帮我跟史密斯先生约好明天下午2点好吗?
31. I’d like to invite Mr. and Mrs. Jones to the Friendship Restaurant at seven o’clock tomorrow evening. Would you please ask them if they are free?
明晚7点我想请琼斯夫妇在友谊饭店吃饭。
请帮我问一下他们是否有空。
32. We need to talk about the basic terms of the transaction.
我们需要讨论一下基本的交易条件。
33. Hey, Dick, I’d like to have dinner with you tonight. Are you free? 嗨,迪克,我想今晚和你一块吃饭,有空吗?
34. (on the phone)Richard, I’d like to meet with you at your office tomorrow afternoon at two o’clock.
(电话中)理查德,明天下午2点我去你的办公室找你。