A Room with a View《看得见风景的房间(1985)》完整中英文对照剧本

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

片名:看得见风景的房♥间
这不像是我们所期待的那个地方
This is not the tower that what we were led to expect.
我还以为我们又可以看到亚诺河了
I thought we were again to see the Arno.
夫人在信上特别提到过: "会有相连而且景色宜人的窗户"
The signora wrote: "South rooms with a view, close together".
现在不但没有景色可言而且又离得这么远
Instead of which, we have north rooms without a view and far apart.
我们得快点打扮,否则会迟到,这顿晚餐是很重要的
Hurry and get dressed or we'll miss our dinner on top of everything else.
她根本没有办好这件事,一点也没办好
She had no business doing it. No business at all!
我无所谓,但你得住能看到好风景的房♥间
Any nook does for me, but it is hard that you have no view.
不,你也一样!
No, you must have a view, too.
晚上好(意大利语)
Buonasera.
这地方真值得介绍,赖小姐
Miss Lavish, what a recommendation for a place!
爱伦小姐,的确如此
Indeed, Miss Alan, it is.
从伦敦的贫民区到波特的贫民区有条很美的海湾
Between the squalor of London and the squalor of Prato, there is a great gulf fixed. 你应该了解这个地方
By going off the track, you get to know the country,
到各个小镇到看看,像鲁比亚,赛肯亚那,加鲁斯欧
see the little towns, Gubbio, Settignano, Galuzzo,
桑卓里亚诺,蒙特里欧
San Gimignano, Monteriggioni.
都充满了原始与古典的气息,实在令人向往
Their mixture of the primitive with the classical is irresistible.
- 波小姐 - 什么事?爱默森先生
- Miss Pole? - Yes, Mr. Emerson.
你们在说什么?你喝的不是柠檬汁吧?
What is that you are taking? It's not lemonade, is it?
- 没错,是柠檬汁 - 别喝了,波小姐
- Yes, it is. - Put it right away, Miss Pole.
柠檬汁对胃不好
Lemonade is very bad for the stomach.
哦!
Oh!
我会告诉他们,若有空房♥间就先留给你住
I shall tell the signora to give the next south view available to you. - 你为何不先住? - 别说了,你先住!
- Why not to you? - No, I insist.
这些肉不太新鲜
This meat has surely been boiled.
味道都没有了
For stock. It's lost all its flavor.
蒙特里欧不仅很有趣
Monteriggioni is not only quaint,
而且在那里可以体会出意大利人的纯朴和迷人
but one meets the Italians in all their simplicity and charm.
我们就是在那里看到矢车菊的,是吧,特里萨?
Wasn't Monteriggioni where we saw the cornflowers, Teresa?
一片矢车菊海真是好看极了!
An entire carpet of them. It was delightful!
矢车菊真美!
I find the cornflower the most delightful of flowers.
我比较喜欢野性的美,像玫瑰和郁金香
I prefer something bolder, the reckless rose, the tempestuous tulip. - 如果我先住,你母亲会怪我的 - 母亲会让你先住的!
- Your mother would never forgive me. - She'd want you to have it. 不,应该你住
On no account. The view of the Arno is yours.
我们别争了,反正也没这样的房♥间
I don't know why we're arguing, because we have no view.
我和乔治的房♥间都可看到美景
I have a view. And so does George.
他就是我的儿子,乔治
My son George here.
我们可以交换房♥间
You can have our rooms. We'll have yours. We can change.
- 为什么不呢? - 真的很感激
- Why not? - Thank you very much.
- 我们心领了 - 为什么?
- We could not impose on your kindness. - Why?
- 因为.. - 别说了,露西
- You see ... - Hush, Lucy.
女人喜欢欣赏景色,男人就不在意这些了,乔治,说服她们!
Women like looking at a view. Men don't. George, persuade them.
她们是该换房♥间的!
It's obvious they should have the rooms.
- 还要吗? - 不了
- Signora? - No, thank you.
我们半个小时内就可以收拾好,你们这样做很不合常理
We could clear out in fifteen minutes. These niceties go against common sense! 我才不管窗外有什么可看的呢,我要看的是内涵
Every kind of sense. I don't care what I see outside. My vision is within.
完全是心里的感觉,内心是否开朗
Here is where the birds sing and where the sky is blue.
来,露西
Come, Lucy.
如果她们想要,就让他们如愿以偿,乔治,再去劝劝她们
Let them have the view if they want it. Why not? George, go after them.
真是个怪人
What an impossible person!
- 他也是一番好意 - 我会处理,我知道如何对付这种人
- He meant to be kind. - I know how to deal with these people.
可是你实在是太没礼貌了
Charlotte, you dealed rudely. You dealed wrongly.
来错了这家酒店,明天我们换一家
This pensione is a failure. Tomorrow we'll change.
- 那是毕伯先生 - 谁?
- It's Mr. Beebe. - Who?
夏绿蒂,我们现在不能换旅馆
Charlotte, we can't change now.
- 毕伯先生 - 你记得我们吗?
- Mr. Beebe. - Don't you remember us?
巴特小姐和汉妮小姐
Miss Bartlett and Miss Honeychurch.
- 我们在华勒斯见过面 - 那是个非常冷的复活节
- We met at Tunbridge Wells. - That very cold Easter.
你好
How do you do?
- 听说你将是我们教区的牧师 - 是的,我六月到任
- I heard you are to be our vicar. - Yes, I move into the rectory in June.
我们为餐厅的事感到抱歉
We did feel so sorry for you in the dining room.
- 爱默森先生太无礼了 - 但他是好意
- Mr. Emerson is so tactless. - But he meant to be kind.
那位先生想将景色好的房♥间让给我们
This old gentleman and his son offered us their rooms with a view.
他真是无礼
It was most indelicate!
虽是如此,他也是有好的一面
But things that are indelicate can sometimes be beautiful.
- 是的 - 我是我表妹露西的监护人
- Yes! - I am the chaperone to my young cousin Lucy.
我必须对她的安全负责,我不能让任何人伤害她
It would be serious if I put her under an obligation to people of whom I know nothing. - 我倒认为这不会发生什么事 - 你看吧,表姐
- I wouldn't think much harm could have come. - There.
那你认为我该接受对方的好意?我是以小人之心度君子之腹?
You think I ought to have accepted? You think I have been narrow-minded.
我不是这个意思
I never suggested that.
若你愿意,我可以马上和爱默森先生沟通
If you would allow me, I would be happy to act as intermediary with Mr. Emerson.
我认为他不会接受任何回报的
He would not take advantage nor expect gratitude.
他并不在乎什么样的房♥间,而你们却在乎
He has rooms he does not value and thinks you would.
夏绿蒂,拜托
Charlotte, please.
我是无所谓的,倒是你自己
My wishes are unimportant compared with yours.
是你带我来的
I am only here through your kindness.
如果你想换房♥间,我就随你便
If you want me to turn these gentlemen out of their rooms, I will do it.
毕伯先生,你可以去告诉…
Would you, Mr. Beebe, kindly tell Mr. ...
- 爱默森先生 - 爱默森先生
- Emerson. - Emerson,
…我们接受他的好意
we accept his offer?
我想亲自谢谢你的父亲
I would like to thank your father personally for his kindness.
可能不行,他正在洗澡
You can't. He's in his bath.
我本想让你住较大的房♥间
I would have given the larger room to you,
可是我知道它原是那位年轻人住的
but I happen to know it was the young man's.
我是个成熟的女人
In my small way, I am a woman of the world.
我知道事情可能的变化
And I know where things can lead.
这是什么意思?
Whatever does it mean?
露西,快穿衣服,一天最好的时光就要溜了
Lucy, get dressed or the better part of the day will be gone.
你说喜欢矢车菊
You said you liked cornflowers.
- 所以我们送你一些 - 你人真好!
- So we brought you cornflowers. - Oh, how kind!
它们和你的个性相同
They're your type of flowers. They have your personality.
我喜欢看它戴在你的头发上
I'd like to see them in your hair.
淑女,头饰,相映生辉
There are no jewels more becoming to a lady.
我可以说句话吗?
May I say something rather daring?
毕伯先生,你和赖小姐口气蛮像的
Mr. Beebe, you sound like Miss Lavish.
- 你可别说你也在写小说? - 如果我在写,那你就是我的英雄
- Are you writing a novel, too? - If I were, you would be my heroine.
我将写,"如果汉妮小姐的生活像她的琴声一般…
And I should write, "If Miss Honeychurch ever takes to live as she plays …不论对我们以及对她都是多么美好啊."
"it will be very exciting, both for us and for her".
妈妈不喜欢我弹贝多芬的作品,她认为我弹完之后会影响情绪
Mother doesn't like me playing Beethoven. She says I'm peevish afterwards. 当然,人是会受到影响的
Naturally, one would be stirred up.
你要再弹吗?
Won't you play some more?
不,我想要出去
No, I think I'll go out.
单独吗?汉妮小姐,这是明智的决定吗?
Alone? Is that wise, Miss Honeychurch?
要明智就得永远待在家了
To be wise, one might have stayed at home.
我不会走远的,我保证
I'll not go far. I promise.
对不起
I'm sorry.
露西小姐怎么了?
Whatever's the matter with dear Miss Lucy?
都是贝多芬的错!
I put it down to too much Beethoven.
我听到她美妙的琴声
I heard her beautiful playing.
凯瑟琳小姐,你头上有花
Miss Catharine, you have flowers in your hair.
(意大利话)
Buongiorno, buongiorno, Ferdinando!
我们向你致敬
We salute thee.
他是土耳其战士,被乱军的骑士逮捕
The bronze came from Turkish cannons, captured by the Knights of San Stefano. 走吧!
Come along.
等一下,让那个人先走,不然我得和他打招呼
Stop a minute. Let that man go on or I shall have to speak to him.
是英国驻外人员
Oh, the British abroad!
负责观光申请的!
I'd set an examination at Dover and turn back any tourists who failed.
圣十字教堂(意大利著名景点)没有景观手册
小姐,这不是最好的!你可以去看最好的!
Miss, this sepolcro not very good. You go see affresci di Giotto.
- 卡佩拉佩鲁齐,巴尔迪礼拜堂比较好 - 不,谢谢
- Capella Peruzzi, Capella Bardi very good. - No, thank you.
(意大利语)
Giotto scolaro di Cimabue. Kept the sheep on the mountain.
在船上拍照
Make a picture of the sheep.
- 不,谢谢 - 我很内行,又会说英语
- No, thank you. - I very ... Good speak English.
- 请你让开 - 佩鲁齐礼拜堂,乔托的壁画...
- Do go away, please. - Capella Peruzzi, affresci di Giotto ...
请别打扰我!
Ciotutto!
在教堂里可看到吉奥图的绘画, 是描绘圣人法兰西斯的生活情形
You see here these superb frescoes by Giotto, depicting the life of St. Francis.
在左边,就在这里,发表世界宣言的
On the left, there he is, renouncing worldly goods.
在右边,第四任教皇…
And, on the right, the fourth Pope.
他向教友们传教的情景
And here he is preaching to the bishops.
那边是他接受火刑的情景
And there he is undergoing a trial by fire before the Sultan.
这边…
And here ...
哈,依格先生,早上好
Ah, Mr. Eager, good morning.
我带一个团体来参观
I'm leading a little private tour of my own.
这是他死时的情景,围绕着…
Here he is on his deathbed, surrounded ...
依格先生是我们英国在此的代表
Mr. Eager is our English chaplain here in Florence.
...很不幸地被处罚
... now unhappily ruined by restoration,
一切都过去了
is untroubled by the snares of anatomy and perspective ...
Look at that fat man! He must weigh as much as I do, but he's floating like a balloon. 记住,这个教堂是依赖信仰和激♥情♥建立起来的
Remember that Santa Croce was built by faith in the full fervor of medievalism.
依赖信仰?也就是说当初那些工人的待遇都不好
Built by faith! That simply means the workers weren't paid properly!
对不起,这个小教堂确实太小,我不在这儿妨碍你们了!
Pardon me. The chapel is somewhat small. We will incommode you no longer.
噢,我…噢!
Oh, I ... Oh!
依格先生,这个地方不小的,你不必这样…
Mr. Eager, there's plenty of room for all of us. You don't have to ...
天哪?天哪
Oh, dear.
各位,请进来
Gather round, everybody.
各位可以发现到在此地
You may observe here in the Peruzzi Chapel,
像我们刚离开的那一间
as well as in the place from which we've been expelled,
在伟大的画家中,乔托有独特个性
the special character of Giotto among the great painters.
他是个有实力的…
He was practical ...
我这可怜的孩子有脑子,但却很糊涂
My poor boy has brains, but he's very muddled.
他怎么会呢?
But why should he be?
问得好啊,但是想想他是如何受教育的…
Well may you ask. But think how he's been brought up,
迷信使得人们借上帝之名互相仇恨
free from the superstition that leads men to hate in the name of God. 我得走了...
I must go ...
我不是让你去爱上他,只是请你帮助他
I don't require you to fall in love with my boy, but please help him. 如果有人能劝他清醒…
If only one could stop him from brooding.
认清宇宙中的一切事物
And on what The things of the universe.
我不信悲观的论调,你呢?
I don't believe in this world sorrow. Do you?
我也不信!一点不信!
No, I don't. Not at all, Mr. Emerson.
你是对的.请也使我的孩子明白
Well, there you are. Make my boy realize that,
在无穷的"为什么"的边上,一定存在"是的"这种肯定的一面!
at the side of the everlasting "why", there is a "yes".
有"是的" 还有"是的"
And a "yes" and a "yes"!
你儿子有特别的爱好吗?
Has your son no particular hobby?
比方我喜欢弹琴
I forget my worries at the piano,
还有集邮是弟弟的爱好
and collecting stamps helped my brother.
我得走了,爱默森先生,如果我不快回去,表姐会着急
Excuse me. My cousin will be most anxious if I don't get back.
- 可怜的女孩 - 可怜的女孩?
- Poor girl. - Poor girl?
我觉得自己是幸运的女孩,非常幸福,一直如此
I think myself most fortunate. I'm very happy and having a splendid time. 谢谢你,再见
Thank you very much. Goodbye.
看那可爱的运酒车,看看他看我们的神情,纯朴可爱
Look at that adorable wine cart. How he stares at us, dear simple soul!
我喜欢看小巷
I love these little dark alleys.
他们都是农夫,向前走
They're all peasants, you know. Come along.
我想我们迷路了
I do declare we're lost.
不,你别看旅行指南了
No, Miss Bartlett, you will not look into your Baedeker.
二个孤单的女士在不知名的城市,我叫它"冒险"
Two lone females in an unknown city, that's what I call an adventure.
我们就随遇而安吧!
We will simply drift.
为人应保持开放,我想露西小姐就是如此
One always has to be wide open. I think Miss Lucy is.
- 哪方面开放? - 身体感受
- Open to what, Miss Lavish? - To physical sensation.
我告诉你一个秘密,我注意过你表妹…
I'll let you into a secret. I have my eye on your cousin.
是为了你书中的某个角色?
For a character in your novel?
年轻的英国女孩在意大利有了改变
The young English girl, transfigured by Italy.
她为何不被改变?
And why should she not be transfigured?
歌♥德就改变过
It happened to the Goths.
(意大利话)
太太们?
Signorina?
这个味道!
The smell!
正宗的佛罗伦萨味道.吸气!亲爱的!
A true Florentine smell. Inhale, my dear.
深呼吸!
Deeper.
意大利每一个城市都有特殊的味道
Every city, let me tell you, has its own smell.
(意大利话)
Grazie.
(意大利话)
你现在如何?
How are you now?
好了,完全好了
Perfectly well. Absolutely well.
我们回去吧!
Then, let's go home.
我们留下没用的!
There's no point in our stopping.
你真是太好了!谢谢你,我自己可以走
How very kind you've been. I can go alone. Thank you.
- 我的照片? - 什么照片?
- My photographs! - What photographs?
我一定掉在那里了,你是否可以…
I must have dropped them in the square. Would you be so kind ...
汉妮小姐!
Miss Honeychurch!
你不适合单独回去
You're not fit enough to go alone.
- 我可以,谢谢 - 不,你不行
- I am. - No, you're not!
- 但我必须回去了 - 那我就不去找照片了
- But ... - Then I don't get the photographs.
而且,你必须要爬墙
Besides, that way, you'd have to fly over the wall.
记住,请坐下来,不要走!
Sit down and don't move until I come back.
很棒吧!
Isn't it extraordinary?
我是指意大利人很仁慈很可爱,同时又这么暴♥力♥
I mean, Italians are so kind, so lovable, and yet at the same time so violent. 爱默森先生?
Mr. Emerson?
我这一生没这么难堪过,我不知道怎么回事?
I've never been so ashamed. I can't think what came over me.
这是很自然的!我自己也很失态!
It's perfectly natural. I nearly fainted myself.
我应向你道歉
Well, I owe you a thousand apologies.
我想请你帮个忙
And I want to ask you a great favor.
你知道好多无聊的人喜欢...
You know how silly people are...
...说长道短
...Gossiping.
特别是女士…
Ladies especially, I'm afraid.
- 你了解我的意思吗? - 不
- You understand what I mean? - No.
请你别对任何人提起我的失态
I mean, would you not mention it to anyone, my foolish behavior. 那是什么?好像是我的相片?
What was that? I believe it was my photographs!
我不知道如何处理,上面都是血
I didn't know what to do with them. They were covered with blood. 现在我告诉你了
There. Now I've told you.
有些美妙的事发生
Something tremendous has happened.
再次谢谢你
Well, thank you again.
一下子发生这么多事,一个人回到了古老时代
How quickly accidents happen. Then one returns to the old life.
我却不是
I don't.
我是指我遇到了一些事
I mean, something's happened to me.
你也是!
And to you.
一行人等乘坐马车观光浏览
意大利人驾驶的马车
- 不 - 她是我妹妹
- No! - She is my sister.
- 我不确定应该允许这种事 - 他们没有做坏事
- We ought not to allow this. - They're doing no harm.
此情此景我不认为你该反对
You can't object in such a landscape.
但毕竟是他的妹妹?
As long as she is his sister.
汉妮丘吉小姐,你是以学生身份旅行的?
So, Miss Honeychurch, you're traveling. As a student of art?
- 不,我不是 - 也许是以人类学学生的身份吧
- No, I'm afraid not. - As a student of human nature like myself?
- 我是来此观光的 - 真的吗?
- I'm here as a tourist. - Indeed?
请别认为我无礼,有时会有些可怜的观光客带一只箱子
We residents sometimes pity you poor tourists not a little.
走马观花地从威尼斯到佛罗伦斯,到罗马
Handed about like parcels from Venice to Florence to Rome,
对外地之事一无所知!慌忙地走到各地方
unconscious of anything outside Baedeker, anxious to get done and go on elsewhere. 我认为任何事都该受到尊敬的
I abhor Baedeker. I'd fling every copy in the Arno.
城镇,河流,宫殿,全都混为一个神奇的世界中
Towns, rivers, palaces, all mixed up in an inextricable whirl.
请注意那边,汉妮小姐
Over there, Miss Honeychurch,
我的好友海伦史塔夫人的别♥墅♥
the villa of my dear friend Lady Laverstock,
目前是艺术中心
at present busy with a Fra Angelico definitive study.
在你的左边…不,在那边
And, on your left, no, just there,
亨利先生住的地方
Mr. Henry Burridge lives.
他是最佳典型的美国人,不过很少见
An American of the best type. So rare!
他写过许多文章
Doubtless you know his monographs in Medieval Byways.
我想你父亲是个记者?
Your father, Mr. Emerson, is a journalist?
- 他曾经是的 - 他退休了,你呢?
- He used to be. - He's retired? And you, yourself?
我在铁路局上班
I'm on the railways.
有个美国人对他父亲说
You know the American girl in Punch who says to her father,
"爸爸,我们在罗马看什么?"
"Say, Poppa, what did we see in Rome?"
他父亲回答说:"罗马可以看到黄狗"
The father replies, "Guess Rome was where we saw the yellow dog." 黄狗!
Yellow dog!
你是为这个吗?
There's traveling for you!
怎么了?快停车
What? Stop at once!
这是怎么了?
我看不下去了
I'm not having this.
(意大利语)
Ferma la carrozza subito!
我们还得坐车啊?
Have we bolted?
出事了吗?是凡顿开得不好吗?
What? Is Phaethon misbehaving with his Persephone?
-我知道如何对付这些人 -算了吧!
- Please, I'll deal with them. - Leave them.
我们不是经常如此快乐的
Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it away?
(意大利语)
Scenda!
美景!
Beauty!
自♥由♥
Espoir!
那不是你儿子吗?
Is that your son?
乔治,不能叫他安静吗?
Could that be the silent, dour George?
他在发泄他的感受
He's saying his creed.
再来一点,麻烦一下!毕伯先生
One more lump, if I might trouble you, Mr. Beebe.
真理
Joy!
美景!
Beauty!
真理!
Joy ...
他在宣布永恒的肯定
He's declaring the eternal "yes".
有没有汤匙?
And a spoon, if there is one.
爱!
Love!
- 什么声音? - 绅士在玩游戏
- What's that? - The gentlemen are doubtless having a game.
你为何不加入他们呢?
Why don't you join them, dear?
因为我要在此与你们在一起
I want to stop here with you.
看我一向都带着它才出外的
Observe my foresight. I never venture forth without my mackintosh squares. 任何时候,它都可来放湿地上或冷石头上
At any time, one may have to sit on damp ground or cold marble.
来,露西!还有一个
Lucy, you have the other one.
我坚持你坐,我比较适合坐地上
Come on, I insist. The ground will do for me.
多年来我都没这样子,如果我无法这么做,我会宁愿站着!
I have not had rheumatism for years, and if I feel a twinge I'll stand up.
她没再回威布里治?
And she never went back to Weybridge?
是的,她必须自己走,他一个人留下
Her friend had to return without her. She remained at Monteriano.
她真的...?
And did she really ...
不要紧张,没有感冒
No, no. Don't be alarmed. This is not a cold.
只是有一点咳,已经三天了
Just a slight cough. I've had it for three days.
和坐在地上无关
Nothing to do with sitting on the ground.
我去找毕伯先生
I shall go and find Mr. Beebe.
走吧,亲爱的!他一定会很高兴的
Oh, do, dear. He will be so pleased.
- 她真的嫁给意大利人 - 在蒙特利亚那教堂结的婚
- Did she really marry this Italian? - In the church at Monteriano.
嫁给一个年轻她十岁的人
A youth. Ten years younger than herself.
埃莉诺!
Eleanor!
抱歉
Excuse me.
毕伯先生呢?
Dove Mr. Beebe?
(意大利语)
Buoni uomini?
我有个感觉,在意大利
I think there is something in the Italian landscape
有些事物本身就代表着情调
which inclines even the most stolid to romance.
使我想起夏佛
It reminds me somewhat of the country around Shropshire.
我在那儿和一个朋友爱斯小姐度过一个假日
Where I once spent a holiday at the home of my friend Miss Apesbury. 我想…你在那里一定有段奇遇
And I divine it, Charlotte. You had an adventure there.
不要否认
Vain to deny it.
露西!
Lucy!
依格先生,请加入我们,汉妮小姐感觉难过…
Mr. Eager, do come and join us. Miss Honeychurch is feeling unwell. 爱迪
Andiamo.
爱迪
Andiamo!
乔治,乔治
George. George.
- 你不和我们一起走吗? - 不,我想走路
- Aren't you coming with us? - I'll walk.
走路?
Are you sure?
(意大利语)
勇敢些,汉妮小姐,自信些
Courage, Miss Honeychurch, and faith.
你认为这么恶劣的天气是因你或我而引起的吗?
Do you suppose this display is called into existence to extinguish you or me?
以科学观点来看,这也不寻常
Even scientifically, the chances against being struck are enormous.
钢制的餐刀在另一个箱子
The steel knives that might attract the current are in the other carriage.
到底是怎么回事?
What is to be done?
如何叫他别说出来?
How do you propose to silence him?
- 那车夫? - 不是,是乔治•爱默森先生
- The driver? - My dear girl, no. Mr. George Emerson.
我不想下评论,但我知道他会说出
I don't wish to be uncharitable, but I know he will talk.
但他不会的,永远不会
He will not. He never talks.
能听到他说话,就算是幸运的人了
One's lucky to get as much as a "yes" or "no" out of him.
真不幸,我以前也碰过这种人
Unfortunately, I have met the type before.
他们很少对自己保持沉默
They seldom keep their exploits to themselves.
沉默
Exploits?
好吧.我会和他谈
Very well. I'll speak to him.
不,露西,应该由我来做
Oh, no, my dear Lucy. I think it is for me to do that.
就算是走路,他一小时前该到此地
He should have been here at least an hour ago.
别站在那里!亲爱的!外面会看见你的
Don't stand there, dear. You will be seen from the outside.
他一回来我就要找他
The moment he comes, I shall face him.
不行,你不能这么做
No, my dear, you will do no such thing.
可怜的女孩,你年纪太小了!
My poor dear girl, you are so young!
你一直生活在善良人群中,你不了解男人的
You've always lived among such nice people. You cannot realize what men can be.
今天下午如果我没出现,又将如何?
This afternoon, if I had not arrived, what would have happened?
- 我无法想像 - 回答我,露西
- I can't think. - Answer me, Lucia.
如果不是我去,将会如何?
What would have happened had I not appeared?
可是你来了!
You did appear!
我们老是无法沟通
Oh, I have vexed you at every turn.
我们之间有代沟!而且我使你感到乏味
It's true. I am too old for you. And too dull.
我们明天搭早班火车
It will be a push to catch the morning train.
我的任务失败了,假如你告诉你母亲,她永远不会原谅我的
I have failed in my duty to your mother. She will never forgive me when you tell her. 别站在窗口!
Come away from the window!
当她听到后一定会责怪我的
She will certainly blame me when she hears of it.
当然
Certainly.
当然
And deservedly.
- 为什么一定要告诉母亲? - 你不是凡事都告诉她的吗?
- Why need Mother hear of it? - Well, you tell her everything. Don't you?
通常是的!
I suppose I do, generally.
你们之间的信任真好
There's such a beautiful confidence between you.
别人不愿去破坏的!
One would hate to break it.
正如我所说的,要怪该怪我
And, as I've said before, I am to blame.
我想母亲不会这么认为的
I wouldn't want Mother to think so.
如果你告诉她,她就会…
She will think so, if you tell her.
我不会告诉母亲或是任何人的
I shall never speak of it to Mother or anyone.
我们谁都不说出去
We'll both be as silent as the grave.
你快去睡吧!明天得早起呢!
You'd better get to bed, dear. We have to make an early start.
我们不满一星期
But, of course, we have not had a full week.
但你是订了一个星期的房♥间
I reserved them for a week like you wrote you wanted.
但我们只住了半个星期,所以只付一半费用
Yes, but we've only had half a week, so I calculate we owe you half the price.
那我吃亏了!一向都是我使唤别人的!
I'm the loser. I could have let them rooms five times over.
(意大利语)
Buonasera. Grazie.
露西,我们得立刻收拾行李!
Lucy! We must get packed immediately!
我要和你谈谈,爱默森先生,请到客厅吧!
I wish to have a word with you, Mr. Emerson, in the drawing room, please.
- 你不该偷看的,妈妈 - 西索请求我的允许
- You shouldn't peep. - Cecil asked my permission,
没有我,他办不到
but he can't manage without me.
- 我也一样 - 你?
- Nor me. - You?
- 他也要求我答应 - 很好,你怎么说?
- He asked my permission also. - Whatever did you say?
- 我不答应 - 什么?
- I said no. - What?
我没办法,他认为露西能嫁给他是她的福气
It's the way he put it. Wouldn't it be a splendid thing for Lucy if he married her? 而我也会很有面子,所以我拒绝
Wasn't I off my head with joy? So I said no, I wasn't.
傻孩子,你自认为清高,但这是不切实际的
Ridiculous child. You think you're so holy and truthful, but it's just conceit.
当心!
Look out!
(意大利语)
I promessi spose!
- 她接受我了 - 我真是太高兴了
- She has accepted me. - I'm so glad.
西索,真是太好了
Dear Cecil, what joy!
- 欢迎你成为这家庭的一分子 - 谢谢
- Well, welcome as one of the family. - Thank you.
- 母亲? - 露西
- Mother? - Lucy.
佛莱迪!
Freddy!
- 毕伯先生 - 谢谢你,玛丽
- Mr. Beebe. - Thank you, Mary.
你好,凡斯先生,我是来喝杯茶的,可以吗?
Hello, Mr. Vyse, I've come for tea. Do you suppose I shall get it?
食物只是来这里的一部分原因
Food is the one thing one does get here.
- 是个怪东西! - 是佛莱迪的骨头
- What an extraordinary thing! - One of Freddy's bones.
佛莱迪真是个可怕的年青人,和他姐姐不一样!
He's terrible. A most unpromising youth. So unlike his sister.
你认为她成熟吗?
You think his sister is promising?
我对汉妮小姐有个看法
I have a pet theory about Miss Honeychurch.
Is it not odd that she should play Beethoven with such passion and live so quietly? 我想有一天…
I suspect that one day ...
..音乐和生活融合
... music and life will mingle.
她会把二者都处理得很好
Then she will be wonderful in both.
我相信这种日子已经存在了,她刚刚答应嫁给我了
I trust that day is at hand. She has just promised to marry me.
抱歉,如果我使你感到惊讶
I'm sorry if I've given you a shock.
我认为你们是非常相配的一对
I'm awfully sorry. I'd no idea you were so intimate with her.
我们去加入他们好吗?
You should have stopped me. Shall we join the others?
恭喜!
Congratulations.
祝福你们
Blessings. Your vicar's benediction.
我希望你们非常幸福,快乐
I want you to be supremely happy.
祝两位夫妻,为人父母永远幸福
And supremely good, both as man and wife, mother and father.
我现在要喝杯茶了
And now I want my tea.
刚好赶上,你真不客气
Just in time. How dare you be so serious!
- 地方太小了 - 至少应该和我们一样
- Summer Street will never be the same. - It's too small for anyone like ourselves. 可能会引起不良反应,火车的服务已经改善了!
It might attract the wrong type. The trains have improved so.
真是重要的改进,骑脚踏车走五里路会是什么滋味?
Fatal. What are five miles from the station these days?
哈瑞先生,关于佃户和纺织女,你的看法如何?
Sir Harry, how about spinsters as tenants?
只要是温和的女人,都是一样喜欢
Most certainly! That is, if they are gentlewomen.
她们很温和,目前都无家可归,我在意大利认识他们的
Indeed they are. Miss Teresa and Miss Catharine Alan. I met them in Italy.
哈瑞爵士,你可要小心这些女士,所有女人总是会向男人倾谈的
Sir Harry, beware of these gentlewomen. Only let to a man.
当然他必须是洁身自爱的
Provided, of course, he's clean.
妈,你会喜欢艾伦小姐的
You'd love the Miss Alans.
我才不会喜欢住在那公♥寓♥的人呢
I don't think I'd like anyone at that pensione.
那不也住着一对思想开放的父子?怀斯先生,你的职业是…
Wasn't there a lady novelist and a free-thinking father and son?
我没有职业,我是抱着省麻烦的态度
I have no profession. My attitude, quite indefensible,
只要我没妨碍他人,我就为所欲为
is that, if I trouble no one, I may do as I like.
这就是显示我失意的一面
It is, I dare say, an example of my decadence.
你很幸运!能悠游自在是个好命运
You're very fortunate. Leisure is a wonderful opportunity.
不要头低低的,露西,去跟保尔先生说话
Don't slouch, Lucy. Go and talk to Mrs. Pool. Ask her about her leg.
我能和西索去散步吗?
Would Cecil and I be missed if we went for a walk?。

相关文档
最新文档