与家人对话学英语
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
与家人对话学英语
1.You take after your father. 有其父必有其子
2.You are just like your mother. 你还真是像你妈妈啊
3.You son is the spitting image of you. 你儿子简直是你的翻版
4.He is the spit and image of his father 他简直是他爸爸的翻版
5.She is the picture of her mother 女儿和妈妈真像一个模子刻出来的
6.She's got her mother's nose. 她的鼻子和她妈妈的很像
7.He's a chip off the old block 真是有其父必有其子
8.He had been extorting money from her for 5 years. 他勒索她长达五年之久
9.He has verbally threatened me for long time. 他一直用语言威胁我
10.Are you blackmailing me? 你在敲诈我吗?
11.He's trying to blackmail him with pictures. 他正在用照片威胁他
12.That would be a win-win situation(=No one's going to lose) 谁也没有损失,对每个人都有好处
13.I completely forgot. 我完全忘了
14.It completely slipped my mind/memory. 我忘得一干二净了
15.His name is on the tip of my tongue. (明明话在嘴边,就是讲不出来)
16.Doesn't ring a bell. 不记得
17.Nope. It doesn't ring a bell. 我也想不起来了
18.I am absent-minded these days. 我最近很健忘
19.I have amnesia. 我得了失忆症
20.I think you mixed up your wife with your ex-girlfriend 我想你把夫人和前女友弄混淆了
21.You've got me mixed up with Steve. 你把我和Steve搞混了
22.I think you are mixing me up with Sam. 我想你是把我和Sam 弄混了
23.All covet,all lose. 贪多损失大
24.Greed has no limits. 贪得无厌
25.One cannot eat one's cake and have it. 你不可能在吃蛋糕的同时又拥有它
26.A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 双鸟在林,不如一鸟在手
27.I guess my eyes are bigger than my stomach. 眼大肚小
28.Now you're going to have to face the music. 接受现实或承担后果
29.Steve broke window and had to face the music. 史蒂夫打破了窗户,不得不受点教训
30.He's got a good personality! 他是个很有亲和力的人
31.The best things in life are free! 世界上最珍贵的东西是无价的
32.Charity begins at home! 仁爱先及亲友
33.There's no place like home! 没有比家更好的地方
34.My grandmother does a lot of work for charity! 我奶奶做了许多善事
35.People tend to give to charity at Christmas time. 人们越来越喜欢在圣诞期间进行捐赠
36.I'm exhausted/dead tired/done up/burned out/enervated. 我筋疲力尽了
37.You need to get tone up=You need to get in shape. 你需要运动了
38.I was going to start working out more and get tone up. 我打算多做运动,使自己更加强壮
39.I'm really burned out. 我真的筋疲力尽了
40.You are out of shape now. You need to get in shape! 你身体差,需要锻炼争强体质
41.I want you to have 6 pack abs! 我希望你有六块腹肌
42.You are limber as a cat! 你的身体好柔软啊
43.You can improve your flexibility by exercising. 你可以通过运动,让身体变得柔软
44.Liz always pouts if she doesn't get what she wants. 要是得不到想要的东西,Liz总会撅嘴
45.Stop sulking! 别再耍脾气了
45.Be in the pouts/sulks 闹别扭、耍脾气、生气
46.Looks like he's in the sulks about something. 他好像在生气
47.What are you sulking about? You haven't spoken all evening! 你到底在气什么,整晚
都不说话
48.She is sulking again..just like a child. 她又生气了。
像个小孩一样
49.You two should kiss and make up! 你们两个应该和好
50.They kissed and made up,as usual! 像往常一样,他们和好了
51.Let's bury the hatchet. 我们和好吧
52.It's time to kiss and make up. 是时候和好了
53.A:I have believed that we can be best friends.What do you think?
我一直认为我们可以成为最好的朋友,你觉得呢?
B:Lucky me.Well.
我很荣幸
54.Better luck next time! 下次好运
55.It was just my luck to marry a woman like her. 娶一个这样得女人,真是我的不幸啊
56.Beginner's luck. 新手运;狗屎运
57.He really lucked out!Some people have all the luck. 他幸运极了,有些人就是有狗屎运
58.I think you are building a castle in the air. 我觉得你是在建空中楼阁
59.You are daydreaming these days! 你这些天在做白日梦
60.I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 我会为你祈祷的
61.I should be so lucky. 希望有好运,但可能性很小
62.I'm a heavy drinker. 我非常爱喝酒
63.I drink like a fish. 我酒量非常大
64.I love/enjoy drinking. 我喜欢喝酒
65.I'm a pleasant drunk. 我是个爱酒人士
66.He is a hard drinker. 他是个酒鬼
67.My father loves drinking beer very much and so do I. It runs in my family.
我父亲特别喜欢喝啤酒,我也是。
我想这应该是遗传吧
68.Both my grandfather and my father have bald hair. 我爷爷和爸爸都是秃头
69.It tends to run in families and can affect women as well. 秃头容易遗传,女孩子也要多注意
70.Arrogance must run in their family. 他们家人都很傲慢,肯定是遗传的
71.It's genetic/hereditary. 这是遗传
72.It's a genetic/hereditary disease. 这是种遗传病
73.Blood ran down from a wound on her leg. 她腿上的伤口流血了
74.That faucet runs all the time. 水龙头一直在流水
75.My nose is running. 我一直在流鼻涕
76.We're a very close-knit family! 温暖和睦的家庭
77.A:One day I'm going to marry that star.
总有一天,我要和那位电影明星结婚
B:Oh,come on.Will you get real?
拜托你醒醒吧
78.Dream on! Get real! 清醒点,别再做梦了
79.I think your lottery fantasy is a pipe dream! 我觉得你的彩票幻想就是个白日梦
80.He lives in a dream. 他活在梦里
81.He has a pipe dream about being emperor of the universe.
他有个不切实际的白日梦,就是要当宇宙的统治者
82.Liz had a baby yesterday. Liz昨天生宝宝了
83.I heard you had a visit from the stork yesterday? 听说你昨天生宝宝了
84.The stork came last night! 昨天生的
85.She delivered her first child. 她生了第一胎
86.She gave birth to a fine healthy boy. 她生了个健康的男孩
87.In old China,we calculate the baby's age from the time of conception.
在古代中国,孩子的年龄从受孕时就开始算起
88.Watching him develop right in front of us is so fascinating.
看着孩子在我们面前一天天长大,是件非常幸福的事情
89.The sacrifice was worth it. 牺牲是值得的
90.He's a big shot in the advertising field. 他在广告界是个举足轻重的人物
91.She is the most influential person in fashion industry. 她是时尚界最有影响力的人
92.He is all power. 他是最有权势的
93.I have friends in high places! 我上面有人
94.I have no power over him. 胳膊拧不过大腿
95.He's a muscleman. 他是个肌肉男
96.I have no power! I have no energy! I'm exhausted. 我没力气了,累死了
97.Swimming is a good exercise for increasing your staying power. 游泳是种很好的增强耐力的运动
tely,I've had very low stamina and energy levels. 我最近常感觉全身乏力
99.My grandfather doesn't have enough stamina to go through daily life activities.
我爷爷没有足够的精力应付日常的生活
100.You have to admire his staying power. No one else has managed to stick that job for more than a year!
你不得不佩服他的耐力,除了他,没有一个人做这份工作超过一年的
101.His endurance is remarkable. 他的耐力很惊人
102.I can't stand him. He's just so boastful. 我实在是受够他了,他太爱吹牛了
103.He's all talk. I wouldn't take him too seriously if I were you.
他只会说空话,我要是你的话,就不会把他的话放在心上
104.He always boasting about how clever his children are. 他总是夸夸其谈他的孩子有多聪明
105.I wish she'd stop bragging about how rich her husband it. 我希望她不要再吹牛她丈夫多有钱
106.He Liked to blow his own horn. 他总是自吹自擂
107.He's all mouth. 他特别爱吹牛
108.Like father,like son. 有其父必有其子
109.“When I met the hillbilly cat,”said Steve,name dropping“He seemed a very nice man.”
史蒂夫自夸说:“我见过猫王,他看起来非常亲切”
110.I am dying. 我快要死了
111.I am dying for a cup of coffee. 我想喝杯咖啡,想死了
112.I am dying to see her again 我想再见到她
113.I am dying to see my baby. 我实在太想见我家宝宝了
114.You're as cool as a cucumber. 你还真是从容不迫、稳如泰山啊。