A Walk in the Clouds《云中漫步(1995)》完整中英文对照剧本
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
We did it!
我们回来了
Good luck, soldier.
祝你好运
When's the last time you saw her?
你上次见她是什么时候
Our wedding day. Four years ago.
四年前结婚那天
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
Meet her on Friday, married her on Sunday, 周五相识周日结婚
shipped out on Monday.
周一出征
Pretty much.
差不离啊
Me too. Ain't war hell?
我也是该死的战争
I'll bet we don't even recognize them.
老婆的模样都给忘了
I konw I'd recognize her anywhere.
我记得挺真切
I find the pheasant to be quite pleasant.
我觉得松鸡的味道挺合口
How do you find the wine?
你觉得红酒怎么样
I find the wine extraordinarily... Betty?
我觉得这酒特别香醇... 贝蒂
Paul?
保罗
Paul!
保罗
When I didn't see you on the dock I thought... 你没来码头接我我以为...
I didn't know you were coming today.
我不知道你今天回来
Didn't you get my letters?
你没收到我的信吗
I started to read them, I did,
那些信...起先我是看的真的
but after the first few,
但是看了几封以后
I couldn't bear to hear about all that fighting
我实在是受不了那些打仗啊
and the killing.
杀人啊
I wrote you almost every day.
我几乎每天都给你写信
I know. And I kept them. Iook.
我知道我都收着呢来
See?
瞧
Oh, Paul, even the thought of you in all that danger, 保罗只要想到你身处险境
It was just too much.
我就心里难受
I knew if I got them, you were still alive.
只要收到你的信就表明你还活着
That's all I cared about...
这才是我所关心的
that...you were alive
你还活着
safe.
平安无事
That's all that was important to me.
这对我来说才是最重要的
Can you forgive me?
你能原谅我吗
Yeah, sure.
可以当然
I wrote to you. You got those, right?
我写的信你收到了吗
Got a few.
收到几封
I told you I wasn't a big writer.
我可不是多产作家
It's a course I'm taking.
这是我上的课程
Self-improvement.
自我提升
His name's Armistead. He makes tons of money.
他叫雅梅斯挣好多钱
The whole country's making money
现在全国上下都忙着赚钱
hand over fist.
大把的挣
You've been away, out of touch, you don't know 你不在国内不了解情况
but you will.
不过会明白的
I went to see Mr. Sweeney to make sure
我找到你的经理
you held your job, like he promised.
让他保留你的工作
He said you could start the day you got back.
他说你一回来就可以去上班
Just make sure you wear your uniform.
但是你得穿上军服
Who could resist a war hero?
谁会拒绝英雄呢
Of course I negotiated a raise.
当然了我提出得加薪水
Betty, I don't want to go back to selling chocolate. 贝蒂我不再想推销巧克力了
You've got something better.
你有更好的工作了
No...
不
I don't.
没有
But, you know... in the war,
但是战场上
I had time to think about what's important,
我一直在思考人生的真谛
about what I want out of life
在生命里最值得追求的是什么
for me, for us.
为我为我们
I wrote you all this in the letters.
信里面我都谈过
Are we back to those old letters again?
你又提起那些信了
You want me to read the letters?
难道要我全看一遍吗
No. It's just you'd understand what I'm feeling, 不我只是希望你能理解我的感受
what I want.
我想要什么
Sweetie...
亲爱的
Tell me what you want.
你想要什么
I thought...
我想...
some time...
什么时候...
Time's money.
现在就是现在
I want things, Paulie.
一刻千金啊保罗
My whole life I've been without.
我要那些我一直没能得到的
I want things.
我需要
Don't you want...things?
你...想要吗
And you'll wear your uniform, won't you?
你会穿军服去对吧
My uniform?
去...什么
To sell chocolates...
去推销巧克力...
millions and millions of them.
你会卖♥♥掉无数巧克力
Won't you?
对吗?
Yes.
对
Here, let me help.
让我来帮你
I'm sorry.
真抱歉
He's going to kill me.
他会杀了我的
It's just glass. You can replace it easy.
只是玻璃坏了再配一个就行
Sorry.
对不起
No, no, It's my fault.
不不这都怪我
Look at this mess.
真是一团糟
Here you go.
给你
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Ticket, please.
检票
Had an accident.
一点意外
Yes.
是啊
Thanks.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
The speed you were going,
以你的速度
You could have made Sacramento before me. 恐怕比我还先到萨克拉门托
You smell anything?
你闻没闻到一股怪味
No.
没有啊
Oh, my God.
天啊
I'm so embarrassed.
真是不好意思
I wanted to apologize,
我本来想道歉
but you looked so peaceful.
但是你睡着了
Apology accepted.
歉意收到
Good book?
什么好书
Quite a mouthful.
很拗口啊
It's required reading.
是课程必读
College?
大学
My master's degree.
硕士学位
Playing hooky?
你逃学了
No. Going home.
不回家
My family has a vineyard in Napa.
我家在纳帕有个葡萄园
And you?
你呢
Uh, business in Sacramento.
去萨克拉门托出差
The train goes to Sacramento.
火车就是去萨克拉门托啊
My ticket didn't.
可票不对
I mean, it did when I got on, but...
上车的时候还是对的...
Oh, no.
天不是吧
I think this is yours.
我这是你的票吧
Yup.
对
I thought it was a mistake. I'm so sorry. 我还当是售票处弄错了呢实在对不起Is this seat taken?
这儿有人坐吗
How are you?
你好
Look, uh, I'm bill.
我叫比尔
This is my buddy Herman.
我兄弟赫曼
And you're, uh...
你叫...
Not interested.
不感兴趣
I had a girlfriend once that...
我以前有个女友
always used to say she's not interested
也总是说她不感兴趣
It was never what she meant, was it, Herman? 其实口是心非对吧赫曼
Most definitely not.
的确如此
Not after she got to know me.
但当她了解我以后...
Stop it.
住手
Fellas.
伙计
Fellas.
伙计们
Lady doesn't want to be bothered.
小姐不希望被打扰
Just let her be.
别烦她了
Oh, now what are we going to do?
天啊怎么办
Shut up, Herman.
闭嘴赫曼
I think he broke my nose.
他打破了我的鼻子
I got to get to Sacramento.
可我得去萨克拉门托
Not on this bus, you don't.
这辆车不欢迎你
I don't think we've been properly introduced. 好像我们还没有互相介绍过
Paul Sutton.
我叫保罗·萨顿
Victoria Aragon.
维多利亚·阿♥拉♥贡
I'm sorry about the bus.
车上的事我很抱歉
I feel terrible.
真的很不好意思
All the problems I've caused you.
给你惹了那么多麻烦
You should just keep going.
你还是快赶路吧
Who knows what will happen next?
免得我再给你惹麻烦
There's always the possibility
我估计在这儿
of a forest fire, I suppose.
森林火灾的几率还是有的
Why aren't you on the bus?
你怎么下车了
My stop.
我到站了
You're waiting for a ride.
你在等着搭顺风车
No. No.
不不
A miracle.
等奇迹
He's going to kill me.
他会杀了我的
Who?
谁?
My father.
我父亲
Listen, if you're still worried about that picture... 如果是关于那个镜框...
It's not about the picture.
不是镜框的事
Oh, God.
天啊
Look, it's none of my business,
我知道这不关我的事
but if you'd like to talk about it...
可如果你愿意说说你的烦恼...
'I was not meant for the conventions of this world, "我不想因世人的目光而动摇"
"not meant to be tied down.
"更不愿意被世俗所羁绊"
I'm a... free spirit."
"我有着自♥由♥的心"
Who is the free spirit?
这个自♥由♥的心是谁
My professor.
我的教授
He and I were...
我和他...
We... We were...
我们...
Well, I don't know how your father, but I don't think 虽然不认识你父亲但我想他不会因为
just because some free spirit broke up with you...
你被人抛弃了就要杀了你...
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
You're very upset.
你一定很伤心
I understand that.
我能理解
Definitely understand that.
非常理解
But, Victoria, look at the positive side.
但是维多利亚往好的方面想想
It's a new life coming into the world.
一个新生命就要来到这个世界上了
That's a miracle in itself, right?
这就是一个奇迹对吧
"I will kill anyone who dishonors my family."
"如有谁敢辱没家门我就杀了他"
How many times has he said that?
这句话他不知说了多少遍
A hundred times, a million times?
一千遍一万遍
I'm sure it's just a figure of speech.
他只不过是说说罢了
It's not!
不是的
My father means what he says.
我父亲言出必行
Always.
一向如此
He's... He's very old-fashioned.
他非常守旧
If I come home this way without a husband,
如果我就这样回家没有带丈夫
he'll kill me.
他会杀了我
I know he will.
一定会的
How about if you do show up with a husband?
要是你带了丈夫回家呢
Who does what, comes for the day and then just leaves? 谁会去呢去了又怎样难道住一晚就离开
Sure. Comes to meet the family, stays one night,
对见见你的家人过一夜
leaves in the morning,
第二天早晨一早离开
puts a letter in the mailbox saying he's...
然后留下一封信说...
Abandoned me.
就说抛弃我了
It happens.
有这样的事
You're very kind for trying to help me.
谢谢你对我的一片好心
Maybe it might work...
也许管用...
but...
但是...
there's nobody.
没人会帮这个忙的
Miss Aragon.
阿♥拉♥贡小姐
Victoria.
维多利亚
There's me.
我可以效劳
Was it horrible, the fighting?
打仗的时候害怕吗
Once the shooting starts, you just go blank.
一旦交上火就顾不得了
The trick was to get your mind on something else.
最好是尽量想点儿别的事
What did you do?
你想什么
Write letters to my wife. In my head.
给我妻子写信想那些词句
Then later, I would write them down.
之后再写下来
About the war.
关于战争
About what I'd like our life to be like when I got home. 关于回家后我想过什么样的生活
You know that, the perfect little house,
一个不大却温馨的家
kids running around in the yard with the dog,
花♥园♥中孩子们和小狗嬉戏
great job.
体面的工作
She must have cherished every word.
她一定珍爱每一个字
Yeah, every word.
对很珍爱
You're very kind to do this for me.
谢谢你肯这样帮我
And the baby.
还有你的孩子
I'm doing it for the both of you.
我是为你们俩
Then we both thank you.
那我们俩都谢谢你
You're both welcome.
你们俩都不用客气
We call it Las Nubes.
我们管这里叫拉斯纳布斯
It means the clouds.
"云霄仙境"
It's beautiful.
真是太美了
Yeah.
对
Well, if we're going to do this right... 好吧得扮得像一点儿
The wedding bonbon deluxe.
高级婚礼巧克力
Big seller around June.
六月喜事多
We're unarmed.
我们没武器
Don't shoot.
别开枪
Hello, Papa.
你好爸爸
Victoria.
维多利亚
Who's this?
他是谁
Paul Sutton...
保罗·萨顿
my husband.
我丈夫
Marie!
玛丽
It'll be OK.
不用担心没问题的
Like hell, it'll be OK!
没问题个屁问题大了
I will not allow this.
绝对不允许
I'll go to the pope himself
哪怕去见教皇
to get this undone.
也要取消这婚姻
We weren't married in a church.
我们没在教堂结婚
Marie!
玛丽
Victoria!
维多利亚
Cual es el problema?
怎么回事
Here is the problem.
就是这么回事
Is this how you were brought up?
把你抚养这么大
Betray your mother?
背叛母亲
Betray your father?
背叛父亲
I did not betray anyone.
我没有背叛任何人
What on earth are you talking about?
你究竟在说什么啊
What do you think I'm talking about?
你以为我在说什么
The gringo.
这个美♥国♥佬♥
His name is Paul.
他叫保罗
Mi hiijita linda.
你回来了
Abuelita.
奶奶
I told you. I told you!
我早就说过早就说过
A girl's place is here, at home!
女孩子应该待在家里
Here!
这里
Not alone in some city
不该孤身跑到城里
doing God knows what.
干一些天晓得的事
I'm going to school there. That's what I'm doing. 我是去上学的在那儿读书
Will someone tell me what's going on?
到底发生了什么事儿
Your daughter, she is married!
你女儿她结婚了
Felicidades, querida.
恭喜宝贝儿
Mama!
妈妈
Grandpa, make him stop. Please.
爷爷快叫他别嚷了
Ha! Right, right, coddle her.
哈好好宠她吧
The whole bunch of you.
你们所有人
But I tell you right now,
但是我说
this will not stand so long as I draw breath. 只要我还有口气这事儿就决不允许
I swear before God.
我对上帝发誓
Alberto!
阿尔贝托
You are so unfair.
你太不讲理了
Me? Ha ha! I'm unfair?
我哈我不讲理
I came home to tell my family that...
难道是我回来告诉家人
that I spit on their trust?
自己辜负了他们的信任
I'm the one who came home
难道是我回家来
to rub in their face that I married this...
厚着脸皮说自己嫁给了这个... this...
这个...
What do you do?
你是干什么的
Chocolate.
巧克力
I sell chocolate.
推销巧克力
No.
不是吧
You...
你
You are the head of the family.
你是一家之主
Say something.
说几句话
I am Pedro Aragon.
我叫佩德鲁·阿♥拉♥贡
Welcome to our happy family.
欢迎你加入这个幸福的家
Thank you.
谢谢
May I?
我能来一个吗
Sure. Of course.
当然没问题
Help yourself.
请吧
It's wonderful!
挺好吃
It's wonderful!
非常好吃
Why can he never just say,
为什么他就不能说
"I'm happy for you, Victoria. Congratulations, Victoria"? "我为你高兴维多利亚祝贺你维多利亚"?
Why must everything be a drama?
为什么一定要搞的这么僵
It's a bit of a shock.
可能太突然了
Not for Grandma or Grandpa.
但爷爷和奶奶就不这样
Not for you.
你也不
Why is he always this way?
为什么他总是这样
I hate him!
我恨死他了
Victoria!
维多利亚
He is your father.
他可是你的父亲
He has never taken change well.
他这个脾气一直没变
Even as a child, he was this way.
打他小的时候就这样
Only with the vines he has patience.
只有对葡萄有耐心
Maybe he should have some for us, too.
他也该对我们有点耐性
That would be nice for a change, don't you think?
我们的日子就好过多了
You could have at least prepared us.
你怎么就不先打个招呼
A call, a letter would have been wiser.
来个电♥话♥ 写封信什么的也许会好一点I wanted to surprise you.
我想给你们一个惊喜
Well, you certainly succeeded.
我们确实很"惊喜"
He wants me to marry some man in Mexico
他想让我嫁给一个从没见过面的
I have never even met
墨西哥人
just because he has the right bloodlines.
就因为他血统纯正
I'm not a horse, Mama.
又不是配种马
It's my choice who I marry, not his.
我的事应该由我来决定不是他
Muchachas,la comida.
怎么停下了
How many times have you told me,
你不是一直对我说
"The heart wants what the heart wants"?
要"向心之所向"
And is this what your heart wants?
他就是你的"心之所向"吗
Yes.
是的
Really and truly?
全心全意
Really and truly.
全心全意
Everything will be fine. You'll see.
一切都会好起来的放心吧
Everything will be perfect.
都会好的
What a delicate ring.
多精致的戒指啊
You are beautiful tonight.
你今晚真漂亮
Marriage becomes her, no?
爱情的魔法对吧
Mama?
老伴
Dear God, bless this food we are about to eat,
主啊感谢你的智慧和慷慨
and bless the harvest of the grapes you have given us 赐给我们食物
in your wisdom and grace, amen.
保佑我们的葡萄大丰收阿门
Amen
阿门
Bon appetit.
祝好胃口开饭吧
This is pumpkin flower soup.
这是南瓜花汤
It's a specialty of my grandmother's.
是奶奶的拿手菜
It's delicious.
很好吃
It's been in the family cookbook
在《独♥立♥宣言》发布以前
before your Declaration of Independence was signed. 这道菜就写在我们家族的菜谱上了
So, with all the commotion,
对了刚才闹了半天
we never heard the whole story of how you two met. 我们还不知道你们是怎么认识的
I was on leave in June.
六月份我休假的时候...
July.
七月
Just after I moved to the city.
就在我到那个城市之后
That's right. July.
对对是七月
At the USO.
在劳军处
I didn't know you worked at the USO.
你没说过你在劳军处工作过
I wasn't actually working there.
其实不能算是工作
Then what were you doing
那你到一个
in a hall filled with strange men?
净是陌生男人的地方干什么去了Pedro.
佩德鲁
Mi abuelo vivio a...
怎么了
Excuse me.
抱歉
My grandfather lived to 102,
我的祖父活到了102岁
and he used salt like a fish in the sea.
他吃盐就像海里的鱼
My great-grandfather was 106!
我的曾祖父活到了106岁
So, tell us, Mr. Sutton, since we now have 萨顿先生既然我们已经很清楚地知道such a clear picture of how you two met... 你们是怎么认识的了那么再跟我们说说where are you from?
你是哪里人
Moline. Moline, Illinois.
莫林伊利洛伊州的莫林
Wherever that is.
在什么地方?
It's in the middle of the country.
在中部地区
Exactly in the middle, right?
正中间对吗
Right.
完全正确
And your parents,
你的父母呢
they are still in Moline?
他们还在莫林吗?
I never knew my parents.
我从没见过父母
Oh. Who brought you up,
噢那谁把你养大的
the fairies?
神仙吗
I grew up in a home.
我在家里长大
Whose home?
谁的家
I meant an orphanage.
我是说孤儿院
Wonderful.
好极了
This is just wonderful.
真是太好了
My daughter can trace her ancestors
我女儿的家族
back 400 years
足足有400年的历史
to some of the finest families in Mexico,
是墨西哥名门
and you are telling me
而你却告诉我
she has married a man with no past?
她嫁给了一个没门第的人
Or worse...
不光没门第
a man with no past and no future!
还没前途
Wonderful.
简直太棒了
You don't know that he has no future.
你凭什么说他没有前途
You don't know anything about him.
你根本不了解他
Do you?
你了解
Yes. I know he knows how to love somebody.
是的我知道他懂得如何去爱
I know he wants a house with kids and a dog.
我知道他想要一个温馨的家孩子狗
A great job.
和一个体面的工作
You mean, like the one he has?
你是说他现在的工作
Excuse me.
失陪了
It was very good.
很棒的晚餐
Thank you.
谢谢
He doesn't pull any punches, does he?
至少他还没动手打我
I'm sorry.
真是抱歉
You must think they're horrible.
你一定很难受
When I was a kid...
小时候
every night I'd climb up to the roof of the orphanage, 我常常爬到孤儿院的屋顶上
and I'd make a wish on every star I could see.
向每一颗星星许愿
That's a lot of wishing.
那一定是非常多的愿望
It usually boiled down to one wish, really.
其实只有一个
What was that?
是什么
What you have in there.
想要一个家就像你家一样的
Everyone always telling you
被人指手画脚
how you should live your life?
告诉你要怎么做
Better than having no one telling you.
总比没人告诉你好
I don't know about that.
我无法体会
I do.
我能
That's no reason for him to treat you that way. 不论如何他也没有理由那么对你
No.
是啊
And I was going to say something, but...
我本想反驳两句但是再想一想
I thought, "What if it were me?
如果是我遇到这种事呢
"A strange man comes into my house,
一个陌生人跑到家里来
"tells me he's married my only daughter,
告诉我他娶了我的女儿
and I'm the last to know?"
而且是先斩后奏
Probably act the same way.
也许我也得那样
No, you wouldn't.
不你不会的
I don't know about that.
我可不敢肯定
I do.
我敢肯定
It's only another eight hours,
还有8个小时
I'll be back on the road.
我就能走了
Anyway, I think the worst part's over, don't you? 不论如何最难熬的部分过去了对吧
This bed was part of my dowry
当初我嫁给你♥爸♥爸时
when I married Mr. Aragon.
这张床是我的嫁妆
It was my grandmother's before that.
以前是我祖母的
Her dowry.
是她的嫁妆
She had it brought all the way from Paris.
她大老远从巴黎买♥♥回来的
He was a diplomat, my grandfather.
我祖父是个外交官
And this is where we've spent
我们都是在这张床上
our first wedding nights,
度过新婚之夜的
my mother...
我母亲...
my grandmother...
我祖母...
and me.
还有我
We can sleep in Pedro's room.
我们可以睡在弟弟的屋里
In that teeny-tiny little bed
那张床太小了
on your wedding night?
这可是你们的洞房♥花烛夜啊
Ay, hija, no.
怎么能那样
You need room... to maneuver.
得要一张大床才能行
Mommy!
妈妈
I know this is not your first night together,
我知道这当然不是你们的第一夜
but I would like to think it is.
但我很愿意这么认为
It's just that from the beginning,
我们都相信有个好的开头
all our marriages have been so blessed.
婚姻才会幸福美满
You know, it is out of love
这是出于对你们的爱护
that my husband roars so.
也是他爸爸发那么大的脾气的原因
We are very traditional people, Paul,
我们都是很传统的人保罗
and this modern world takes a little getting used to. 对于外面的世界需要有一个适应过程
He'll come around.
他会回心转意的
Iove each other...
你们要永远...
always.
相爱
First he comes into my house, steals my daughter. 先是跑到我们家偷走了我的女儿
And now... Now he takes my bed?
现在还要占我的床
No!
不行
Vida...
亲爱的
You don't want to see it,
你不愿意接受
but your daughter is a woman.
但女儿已经长大了
And she was not stolen
她要是被偷走的
any more than you stole me.
那我不也是
Or have you forgotten that little room
你忘了我家
under the stairs in my father's house, hmm?
楼梯下的小房♥间了吗
I asked for your hand properly,
我可是正儿八经求婚的
with respect.
体体面面的
Who is he?
他算什么
He is nobody.
什么也不是
He is her choice, and she is our daughter.
这是女儿自己的选择我们应该尊重
Alberto, it is from us that
她是在我们的影响下
she has learned to be who she is.
长大成人的
If we don't have confidence in her,
如果我们对她没有信心
how can we have confidence in ourselves?
我们又怎么评价自己
First you go and wish them good night
你快去给他们说声晚安
so they won't go to bed thinking
让他们知道你不生气了
that you're furious with them.
他们才能安心睡下
But I am... Shh!
但是我本来就... 嘘
I am furious with them.
可我就是生气
You should smile more.
你真该多笑笑
You are so handsome when you smile.
笑起来英俊多了
First go and wish them good night.
先去给他们道晚安
Go.
快去
Do you like selling chocolate?
你真的喜欢卖♥♥巧克力吗No, not really.
不并不喜欢
Why are you doing it?
那你为什么还要卖♥♥呢
It's part of what I thought I'd use this trip for 我本打算利用这次出差的机会...
try and figure things out for myself.
考虑一下的
But you have things figured out.
你不是已经想清楚了吗
It's not that easy.
做起来却不容易
It's complicated.
很复杂
It doesn't sound that complicated to me.
我到不觉得这有什么复杂的
You're not married.
那是因为你还没有结婚
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's just not a good time for me now.
这段日子的确不好熬
You've been wonderful...
你是个好人
more than wonderful.
非常非常好
Would you turn around, please?
转过去一下行吗
There'll be someone for you, Victoria.
你会找到如意郎君的维多利亚
You don't have to make me feel better.
你不用安慰我
No, I believe that.
不我相信
I believe that there's a perfect someone for everyone, 我相信每个人都有属于自己的另一半
someone who'll love you no matter what.
不论怎样都会始终爱你
Would you marry someone
你愿意娶一个
If it wasn't your baby they were carrying?
怀着别人孩子的女人吗
If I loved her.
如果我真的爱她我会的
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
May I?
能进去吗
One moment, Papa.
等一下爸爸
Your mother sent me to wish you
你妈妈让我过来跟你们说声...
good night.
晚安
Good night, Papa.
晚安爸爸
Good night, Mr. Aragon.
晚安阿♥拉♥贡先生
Good night.
晚安
Does the door have a lock?
门能锁吗
No.
不能
Do you think he suspects?
你觉得他起疑心了吗
I don't know.
不知道
Better not take the chance.
最好别冒这个险
In case he comes back, I should stay. 我还是睡在床上吧以防他回来Yes.
行
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Victoria!
维多利亚
It's all right.
没事了
It's all right.
没事了
Just a dream.
是个梦
It's nothing.
没事
Must be the change...
一定是还不太适应
coming home, everything so fast.
回到家事情突然都变了
What's the matter?
怎么了
Frost!
霜冻
Alberto...
阿尔贝托
what you think?
你觉得怎么样
It doesn't reach the inside.
还没冻到里面
We can still save them.
还有救
We have a chance. Now!
还有一线生机干吧
How can I help?
我能帮上忙吗
Do you know how to fly?
你知道怎么"飞"吗
If you'll show me.
你得教我
We are going to lose everything,
我们的葡萄就快完蛋了
and you want me to take time to show you? 你还要我花时间教你
Look.
瞧着
Spread out. Spread out!
散开散开
Like a butterfly.
就像蝴蝶一样
If you're going to help,
你要真想帮忙
help!
就快动手
Butterfly.
像蝴蝶一样
Get the heat down on the grapes.
把热气往下扇
Follow me.
跟我学
up...
上...
down...
下...
up...
上...
down...
下
That's it.
对了
Come on. With me.
跟着我
The bus doesn't leave until 11 A.M.
大巴11点才发车
Then it's daylight. Everyone will be up.
那就天亮了大家就都起来了
It's better this way.
还是早点比较好
Less questions.
少点麻烦
Yes.
也好
I wish you the best of luck.
祝你好运
You, too.
你也是
Buenos dias, senor Paul.
早上好保罗先生
It's the call of the grape that robs our sleep. 那些葡萄可不让人睡懒觉
When she's ripe, she calls to a man. 当"她"成熟时她就会向你召唤
Give me that.
把他给我
Come on, Jose.
拿着
Walk with me.
和我出去走走如何?
Bring the chocolates
带上巧克力
Here.
给
Here!
吃吧
Buenos dias, Don pedro.
早上好佩德鲁先生
Buenos dias.
早上好
You know, everybody gives you advice
你知道总有人告诫我不该做这不该做那
how to grow old.
告诉我如何养生
And the doctors, they say,
医生们说
don Pedro, no chocolates.
佩德鲁先生不能吃巧克力
Don Pedro, no salt
佩德鲁先生别吃太多盐
and no cigars
别抽烟
and little brandy as possible.
少喝酒
What the hell do the doctors know
但是对于人内心最深处的需求...
about the needs... of a man's soul?
他们知道什么
Nada!
什么也不知道
Nothing.
一无所知
May I?
我可以...
Oh, this one.
这个
This looks like my granddaughter's...
这个怎么那么像我孙女的...
I never noticed that.
我还真没注意到呢
Excelente!
好吃极了
You know, in 1580, the first Aragon, also a Pedro,
1580年我们祖先也叫佩德鲁
came from Spain to Mexico
从西班牙来到了墨西哥
with a dream in his head,
胸怀梦想
the clothes on his back,
背着简单的行囊
and the root from the family's vineyard inside his pocket. 口袋装着从家乡带来的葡萄根
Excuse me.
对不起
May I... see one more?
我可以...再来一粒吗
Which one?
哪个呢
Ah, that's no good.
这个不好
Try one more.
再试一个
That's wonderful.
这个好
Come... I will show you something.
跟我来...给你看样东西
This is the root I brought with me,
这是我种在这儿的
a descendant from the root
是先祖带来的
the first Pedro brought with him.
那个根的后裔
All our vines come from this one.
我们所有的葡萄株都来自于它
It's not just the root of Las Nubes.
它不仅仅是"云霄仙境"的根
It's the root... of our lives,
也是我们生命的根
Victoria's life.
维多利亚的生命之根
Now that you're a part of all this, a part of us, 现在你是我们家的一员了
It is the root of your life.
这也是你生命的根
You are an orphan no longer.
你曾是一个孤儿但现在不是了
So...
所以
you will stay with your family
今天是收获的日子
while we harvest the fruit.
你应该呆在家里
It's a special time.
这可是个特别的日子啊
It's a time of... magic.
充满魔力
I really can't.
恐怕不行
I have commitments.
责任在身
What about the commitments to your family?
那你对家庭的责任呢
W...What can be more important than that?
还有什么比家更重要
I would like to, really.
我很想留下真的
But I can't.
可是不行
He said you...
果然如他所说
would not stay.
你不会留下
Who did?
谁说的
Alberto.
阿尔贝托
He said, "The first chance the gringo gets,
他说"那个美♥国♥佬♥一有机会he will leave her."
就会抛弃她"
His exact words.
他的原话
I'm not leaving her. I'm...
我不是要抛弃她我只是...
No, no, no, no. I understand.
不用说我明白
Just my...
只是我那
poor granddaughter.
可怜的孙女
He will whip her with it.
她父亲一定不会饶了她
She'll be the one to pay for your commitments.
她会为你的"责任"受罚
Such a pity.
可怜
Such a sweet girl.
多好的姑娘啊
But it would just be the difference of a day?
只差一天有这么大的差别吗
The most important day of our year,
这是一年中最重要的一天
the day that makes or breaks our fortunes...
这一天决定我们是富裕还是破产
that's what he will throw up to her...
如果你走了他永远不会放下这件事
for the rest of her life.
会责骂她一辈子
I know...
我了解
my son.
我的儿子
Don Pedro.
佩德鲁先生
You're right.
你说得没错
It's only one day.
只不过是一天
I'll stay.
我再呆一天
Right.
很好
May I?
我可以...
It's a good thing.
留下来是件好事
You have no more chocolates to sell, anyway.
你也没剩什么可卖♥♥的了
Come on.
走吧
I thought you were leaving.
我以为你已经走了
I thought it would be better for you if I stuck around... 我想如果收获完了以后再走
at least until the harvest.
对你会好些
Don't you have chocolates to sell?
你不去卖♥♥巧克力了吗Family comes first.
家庭为重嘛
Hey, everybody, I'm home!
大家好我回来了
Hiya, sis.
姐姐
Hi, Jose.
你好
Hi, Grandpa!
爷爷
Hi, Grandma.
奶奶
My favorite chili's ready?
我最爱吃的辣酱准备好了吗
Claro que si, Pedrito!
早就准备好了
Saluda a su madre.
问候一下你妈妈
Hi, Mom.
妈妈
At last!
总算回来了
Hi, Pop.
爸爸
Sorry I'm late.
很抱歉回来晚了
Pedro.
佩德鲁
This is my husband Paul Sutton.
这是我丈夫保罗·萨顿
Paul, my brother.
保罗我弟弟
You got hitched?
你结婚了
Hey, that's swell!
太棒了
Victoria Sutton.
维多利亚·萨顿
I like that.
Welcome to the family.
欢迎你来我家
I'm Pete.
我叫皮特
Thanks.
谢谢
Pete
皮特
Who is Pete?
谁是皮特
Pa, come on.
爸
I don't know any Pete.
我不知道什么皮特
I know I pay a fortune in tuition
我知道我给一个
to Stanford University for
叫佩德鲁·阿尔贝托·阿♥拉♥贡的人a Pedro Alberto Aragon limantour.
付钱上斯坦福
Maybe I am paying for the wrong person
也许我给错认了
and I should stop the check!
那我看我不该再签支票了
Glad to meet you, Pedro.
很高兴见到你佩德鲁
Can we begin now?
可以开始了吗
Victoria.
维多利亚
Make sure he knows what he's doing.
教教他怎么做
We don't want him cutting off his fingers
我们可不想他割破手指
and getting blood on the grapes.
把血滴在葡萄上
It would ruin the taste of the wine.
酒会变味的
Que empiece la vendimia!
开始吧。