Super Size Me《大号的我(2004)》完整中英文对照剧本
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
#A pizza hut, a pizza hut#
必胜客必胜客
#Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut#
肯德基炸鸡和必胜客
#McDonald's, McDonald's#
麦当劳麦当劳
#Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut#
肯德基炸鸡和必胜客
#McDonald's, McDonald's#
麦当劳麦当劳
#Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut#
肯德基炸鸡和必胜客
#I like food, I like food.#
我爱吃我爱吃
#Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut#
肯德基炸鸡和必胜客
——雷·克洛克麦当劳创始人
服务好顾客生意自然兴隆
Everything's bigger in America,
在美国的所有东西都很大
We've got the biggest cars,
我们拥有最大的车子
The biggest houses,
最大的房♥子
The biggest companies,
最大的公♥司♥
The biggest food,
最大的食物
And, finally, the biggest people.
最后还有最肥胖的人群
America has now become the fattest nation in the world. 美国现已成为世界上肥胖人口最多的国家Congratulations.
恭喜大家
Nearly 100 million Americans are today
如今将近一亿美国人
Either overweight or obese.
不是超重就是过度肥胖
That's more than 60% of all U.S. Adults.
相当于美国成人数量的60%以上
Since 1980,
从1980年起
The total number of overweight
美国超重和过度肥胖的
And obese Americans has doubled,
总人数已增加一倍
With twice as many overweight children
其中超重的儿童增加两倍
And three times as many overweight adolescents.
超重的青少年已增加三倍
The fattest state in America?
美国肥胖人口最多的州是哪个Mississippi...Where one in four people are obese.
密西西比州每四人中就有一人过胖
I grew up in West Virginia,
我在西弗吉尼亚长大
Currently the third-fattest state in America.
那是当今美国第三大肥胖人群地区
When I was growing up,
在我成长的日子里
My mother cooked dinner every single day.
我的母亲每天都自己下厨
Almost all my memories of her are in the kitchen.
在我记忆中她几乎一直待在厨房♥里
And we never ate out,
除了极少数特殊情况
Only on those few, rare special occasions.
我们从不外出就餐
Today, families do it all the time,
如今很多家庭常常外食
And they're paying for it...
他们为此所付出的代价
Not only with their wallets, but with their waistlines. 不仅是荷包出血还有身材走样
Obesity is now second only to smoking
如今在美国肥胖已成为仅次于吸烟
As a major cause of preventable death in America, 导致"可预防性死亡"的第二大主要原因
With more than 400,000 deaths per year
每年都有超过四十万的人群
Associated with related illnesses.
死于与肥胖有关的疾病
In 2002, a few Americans got fed up with being overweight 2002年一些受够肥胖困扰的美国人
And did what we do best.
做了他们该做的事
They sued the bastards.
他们状告了那群混♥蛋♥
Taking aim at the fast-food companies
目标直指那些快餐公♥司♥
And blaming them for their obesity and illnesses,
指责他们造成自己的肥胖与疾病
A lawsuit was filed in New York on behalf of two teenage girls, 有律师在纽约代表两名少女提起了上诉
One who was 14 years old, 4'10", and 170 pounds,
其中一名现年14岁身高一米四七体重77公斤
The other, 19 years old, 5'6", and 270 pounds.
另一名现年19岁一米六七 122公斤
The unthinkable had suddenly become reality.
难以想象的事情突然就成了真
People were suing the golden arches for selling them food
人们控告麦当劳坚持贩售那些
That most of us know isn't good for you to begin with
大家一开始就知道对身体有害的食物
Yet each day,one in four Americans visits a fast-food restaurant. 但现在四分之一的美国人每天都会光临一次快餐店
And this hunger for fast food isn't just in America.
而且不单单是美国
It's happening on a global basis.
全球皆是如此
McDonald's alone operates more than 30,000 joints
光是麦当劳就在全球六大洲 100多个国家
In over 100 countries on 6 continents
拥有超过3万家连锁店
And feeds more than 46 million people worldwide every day. 每天都为超过四千六百万人提供食物
That's more than the entire population of Spain.
这比整个西班牙的人口还多
In the United States alone,
单是在美国
McDonald's accounts for 43% of the total fast-food market.
麦当劳就占据了43%的快餐市场
They're everywhere...Wal-mart's, airports, rest stops,
它们无处不在沃尔玛机场休息站
Gas stations, train stations, shopping malls,
加油站火车站购物中心
Department stores, amusement parts, even hospitals.
百货商店娱乐场所甚至医院
That's right...Hospitals.
没错医院
At least you're close when the coronary kicks in.
至少在你冠状动脉爆裂的时候还能马上就医
Lawyers for Mcdonald's called the suits "frivolous",
麦当劳的律师称这起诉讼"无聊至极"
Stating that the dangers of its food are universally known 他们申明其食品的危害性是普遍常识
And that these kids can't show that their weight problems 再说这些孩子无法证明他们的体重
And health woes were caused solely by their mcdiets.
和健康问题是单单由于麦当劳造成的
The judge states, however,
然而法官申明
That if lawyers for the teens can show
如果这两名少女的律师可以证明
That Mcdonald's intends for people to eat its food
麦当劳试图让人们每日三餐
For every meal of every day
都食用他们的食品
And that doing so would be unreasonably dangerous,
并且因食用导致不合理的危险性
They may be able to state a claim.
则他们也许能够胜诉
Are the food companies solely To blame for this epidemic? 难道只有食品公♥司♥ 该为人的肥胖负责吗Where does personal responsibility stop
个人应承担的职责到哪为止
And corporate responsibility begin?
企业的职责又从何开始呢
Is fast food really that bad for you?
快餐食品真的对大家有害吗
I mean, what would happen if I ate nothing
我想说如果30天里
But Mcdonald's for 30 days straight?
我只吃麦当劳会怎么样
Would I suddenly be on the fast track
我会快速加入肥胖军团
To becoming an obese American?
成为一名极度肥胖的美国人吗
Would it be unreasonably dangerous?
会有不合理的危险吗
Let's find out.
让我们拭目以待
I'm ready.
我准备好了
Super-size me.
让我变胖吧
I knew if I was going to do this,
我知道如果我打算这样做
I would need some serious medical supervision, 我需要些严谨的医疗监督
So I enlisted the help of not one,
因此我不只聘请了一名
But three doctors...
而是三名医生
A cardiologist, a gastroenterologist,
心脏病专家胃肠病专家
And a general practitioner.
和一名全科医师
You're feeling quite well today, yes?
你今天感觉还好吧
Quite well.
很不错
In general, any fatigue or weight loss, weight gain, 总体来说有感到疲劳体重减轻或增加
Any change in your vision?
以及视力变化吗
No fever, no earache, no cough
没有发烧没有耳朵痛没有咳嗽
No shortness of breath, no chest pain...
没有呼吸气短没有胸痛
...Nausea, vomiting, heartburn?
恶心呕吐心痛呢
No hospitalizations for illness? No.
没有任何需要住院治疗的疾病没有
Do you take any medications of any sort?
有没有服用任何类型的药品
I don't. I just been taking vitamins.
没有我只是服用维生素
Any food allergies or anything?
有没有对食物或是其他东西过敏
No.
没有
There's no heart disease or diabetes or blood pressure 近亲中有患过心脏病糖尿病高血压
Or cancer in the immediate family?
或是癌症的人吗
My grandfather's had a couple open-heart surgeries. 我祖父进行过两次开胸手术
One out of four s is dead.
四位祖父母中有一位去世了
Yeah.
是的
Good genes. That's the important thing.
不错的基因这很重要
Any alcohol use? now? None.
喝酒吗现在吗没有
You don't smoke?
你不抽烟的吧
I used to, but I don't.
曾经抽过戒了
Any drug use at all?
吸过毒吗
Not for a long time.
很久没有了
Are you sexually active at present? Yes.
你当前有无性生活有
A girlfriend? Yes.
跟一个女友对
Is there anything we didn't cover?
还有什么我们没提到的吗
Is there anything else you need to tell me?
还有什么你需要告诉我的
I don't think so.
没有了
"Patient is embarking on
"病人已经准备好
A one-month Mcdonald's binge."
一个月暴饮暴食麦当劳"
Very good.
非常好
You might have something called white coats.
你应该有白大褂的吧
140 over about 95.
血压140/95
130 over 105.
血压130/105
120 over 80.
血压120/80
That's what it is?
是这个数字吗
The other guys are stressing me out.
其他医生让我很有压力
You're much more relaxed.
你在这儿更放松
I tend to do that to my patients.
我喜欢让我的病人保持放松
Swallow, please.
请吞咽
Your reflexes are perfect.
你的反应很好
Good. Back out. Normal.
好的目光收回正常
Say "ah."
说"啊"
Everything looks pretty normal here.
这里看起来一切正常
Good.
很好
We'll skip checking for hernias.
我们就不检查疝气了
We're gonna do a rectal exam.
就做一个直肠检查
I like to be more thorough than that.
我宁愿做个更彻底的检查
And I like doctors to be thorough.
我喜欢检查得彻底的医生
You're gonna go downstairs and get your bloods drawn.
你还得下楼做个血液检测
So, the reason we have you fasting
我们之所以让你禁食
Is the true cholesterol and glucose number is fasting.
是因为测胆固醇和葡萄糖指数要求空腹
So, if you had, like, a bacon, egg, and cheese
如果你吃了诸如培根鸡蛋或是奶酪之类
Your cholesterol would be way high,
你的胆固醇会飙升
Or if you had orange juice,
而如果你喝了橙汁
Your glucose would be high.
葡萄糖就会升高
Three down.
完成3项了
Your blood tests are excellent.
你的血液测试结果很棒
Your starting off with a total cholesterol of 168
你现在的胆固醇指数是168
Which is less than 200, which is really superb
少于200 这真的很了不起
Your blood level's fine.
你的血液浓度没问题
Your iron level is good as well.
你的铁含量也很正常
You have no evidence of diabetes.
你没有任何糖尿病的征兆
Your fasting blood sugar is very low.
你的空腹血糖非常低
The other thing that we looked at
另外还做的检查
Were all your electrolytes in terms of salts in your blood,
是依据你血液中的含盐量测了电解质
Your kidney function, your liver function,they were all perfect. 你的肾功能和肝功能都非常好
Your triglycerides,
你的甘油三脂
Which is your building blocks of fat...
就是你身体内的脂肪物质
Basically, what you acquire from eating fat...
大致说来就是你从食物中摄取的脂肪
Is 43, which is low, which is good.
其数目是43 非常低也非常好
Your general health, you know...is outstanding. 你整体的健康水平可以说是非常完美
Your urinalysis is great.
你的尿检结果也很不错
So, you're starting off terrific.
可以说你的现状是非常棒的
I think the worst-case scenario
我认为最坏的情形是
Is that you increase your triglycerides
你的甘油三脂会升高
And your cholesterol level,
还有胆固醇含量也会升高
And if you have any heart disease in the family... 如果你有心脏病的家族史
Underlying heart disease...
潜在的心脏病
You're putting your heart at risk.
你就是在拿你的心脏冒险
I expect to see an increase in your triglycerides, 我估计你的甘油三脂会升高
Because that can be affected.
因为它会受到影响
You're at 87 now, and I think that will change. 你现在的指数是87 我认为这会发生变化
I think that's the only thing that will change.
我认为这是唯一会变化的
Out of everything?
没有别的了吗
Out of everything.
没有了
I mean, there might be some minor variations, 也许会有一些其它的微小变动
But the body is extremely adaptable,
但你的身体绝对可以适应
And the kidneys will handle
肾脏会处理掉
Any extra salt you're taking in,
你摄入的多余盐分
And your liver will be able to
你的肝脏可以
Metabolize additional fats.
代谢掉多余脂肪
As far as you gaining weight, you probably will.
你的体重会增加这应该会发生
As far as your cholesterol going up, it probably will.
胆固醇会升高这也应该会发生
As far as you feeling miserable, may be.
你会感到痛苦可能吧
I don't know.
我不知道
Unless you start cheating and just order the salads.
除非你开始作弊吃起沙拉
I also went to a fancy New York wellness center
我还去了一家很棒的纽约健康中心
To meet a registered dietician
拜会了一名注册营养师
Who would help track my progress.
她可以跟踪记录我的进展
Okay, let's start with getting your height and weight. 好了就从记录你的身高体重开始
I'm 6'2".
我身高一米八七
I weight about 185.
体重约83公斤
For your height, this is a healthy weight.
相对你的身高而言这是正常体重
I can tell you that right now.
我现在可以告诉你
Your BMI, which is the body mass index,
你的BMI指数即体重指数
Is within normal limits, which means you're not obese. 是在正常范围这意味着你并不胖
You're actually at the correct weight.
事实上你的体重正好
So, I should keep a checklist of the things that I eat
那我该列一张我的饮食单吗
For breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
包括早餐午餐晚餐
Your calorie needs are gonna be averaging
你平均每天需要的
About 2,500 calories a day.
热量大概是2500卡路里
As far as fat goes, for 2,500 calories,
相对于2500卡的热量你所需要的脂肪量
You're gonna want about
每天大约需要摄入
80 grams of total fat in a day.
大约80克的脂肪总量
The saturated fat, which is a component of total fat, 在这80克的脂肪总量中其中饱和脂肪
You want to have less than 25 grams a day.
你每天的摄入要少于25克
Don't try to overindulge too much.
不要放纵食欲
Good luck, Morgan.
祝你好运摩根
I'm Eric Rowley, our exercise physiologist.
我是Eric Rowley 这里的运动生理学家
Great.
很好
The official weigh-in...
正式的体重是
185 1/2.
84公斤
We'll go through the cardiovascular assessment,
我们会进行心血管评估
And then I'll be able to calculate
然后就能计算出
How much oxygen your muscles can utilize,
你的肌肉可以利用多少氧气
And that's also an indicator of what type
这同时也可以测出你的
of condition your cardiovascular system is in.
心血管系统处于什么样的状态
All right. Good work.
好了做得好
I'm gonna use these skinfold calipers
我会用这些肌肉测试仪
To estimate your body density.
来评估你的人体密度
You're 11% body fat. That's great.
你的体脂肪只有11% 这很好
We're gonna measure your flexibility
我们会测量你腿部
Of your hamstrings, your hips, and your lower back. 臀部和腰背的韧带
Good, good. Very nice.
很好很好很棒
38 centimeters was your best.
你的最好成绩是38厘米
There's a basic old-school test
这是一个基本而传统的测试
For muscular strength and endurance.
肌肉力量和耐力的方法
36. Good job.
36 干得好
You're above average
你好于平均水平
Above average fitness for your age group,
比那些你同年龄段人们的健康水平要好Definitely, I'd say you're at a good spot right now.
毫无疑问你现在拥有很好的健康状态
More than 60% of Americans get no form of exercise, 超过60%的美国人不进行身体锻炼
So for the next 30 days, neither will I.
因此接下来的30天我也不会
But I'll still have to walk.
但我还是得走路
How much does the average American walk a day?
一个美国人平均每天要走多少路
We have these pedometers that we put on people,
我们把计步器放在人们身上
Step counters.
计算步数
You could very roughly estimate at about 2,000 steps, 你可以初步预估每两千步
Because 2,000 would make a mile.
就相当于1.6公里[一英里]
And we know that people that work in office settings, 我们知道那些办公室一族
Who drive a car to and from work,
他们开车去办公
Who take an elevator up to that office,
乘电梯到办公室
May take as little as
这样一整天至少
2,500 or 3,000 steps in their entire day.
走2500到3000步
If you wanted to feel physically
如果你想跟多数美国人
Like a lot of Americans do,
一样地身体力行
Then you'd limit yourself to about 5,000 steps a day. 那你要限制每天走5000步左右
Us New Yorkers...we walk everywhere.
我们纽约人习惯步行
We walk to work, to the park, to the store.
我们步行去上班去公园去商店
Most of us don't even own cars.
我们很多人甚至都没有车
The average New Yorker will walk
平均每个纽约人每天要走
Four to five miles a day...
六到八公里[四到五英里]
A day!
一天啊
That's a lot of walking.
这可要走很多路啊
I also have the blessing of
但很庆幸的一点是
being close to a food source almost everywhere I go. 我所到之处都有快餐店近在眼前
I walk past three golden arches
我去上班的路上
just on my way to the office...
就会经过三家麦当劳
Three in just over a mile.
1.6公里[一英里]就有三家
There are more Mickey D's in Manhattan
曼哈顿的麦当劳
Than anywhere else in the world.
比世上任何地方都密集
This tiny little island is less than 13 miles long
这个小岛只有不到21公里长
By 2 miles wide, 22.4 square miles,
3.2公里宽 36平方公里的面♥积♥ And packed into that area are 83 Mcdonald's,
却拥有83家麦当劳
Nearly four per square mile.
几乎每平方英里就有四家
There are twice as many mac shacks
麦当劳的数目是
As there are Burger Kings,
汉堡王的两倍
And there are more Mcdonald's than KFC,
麦当劳的数量比肯德基
Wendy's, Popeye's, and Taco Bell combined.
温迪汉堡卜派鸡肉和塔可钟加起来还多
That's a lot of burger.
那可真是很多的汉堡啊
I know he's gonna do it for a month,
我知道他准备吃整整一个月
But I think after a week,
但我想只需一周
He's gonna be really irritated.
他就会吃厌的
I think it's gonna affect our relationship.
我想这会影响我们的关系
You are a vegan chef.
你是素食厨师
Yes, I'm a vegan chef.
是的我是素食厨师
Ugh. I just don't know if I can...
我真的不知道我能否
Of course I will.
当然我会的
I sit next to him while he eats McDonald's.
当他吃麦当劳我会坐在他旁边
Of course I will.
当然会的
I'm just gonna be rolling my eyes the whole time. 我只是会一直翻白眼
I have a vegetable tart
我做了蔬菜馅饼
And a quinoa and roasted veggie salad
奎藜籽[维他命原]沙拉和烤蔬菜沙拉
Artichokes, and a simple green salad...
洋蓟[蔬菜之皇]和简单的蔬菜沙拉
All beautiful, organic, fresh vegetables
全是美味有机新鲜的蔬菜
That you're gonna miss so much.
都是你会十分想念的东西
What am I gonna have that's organic?
我会吃到什么有机食物呢
In the next month? Nothing?
下面一个月吗什么都吃不到
You're only gonna have genetically modified potatoes 你只能吃到转基因土豆
I'm gonna eat as many vegetables as I can tonight.
我今晚要吃尽量多的蔬菜
There's plenty here for you.
这有很多等着你呢
That's really good.
这真的很不错
Thanks.
谢谢
Have they improved their cookies in the last 10 years? 这十年来他们有没有改善他们的饼干
Last time I had them,
上次我吃的时候
They were like little hockey pucks.
它们就像一颗小冰球
I don't know. We'll see.
不知道很快就知道了
It's the first day,
今天是第一天
And I'm on my way to breakfast.
我准备去吃早餐
Could I get an egg mcmuffin extra value meal?
我要蛋堡超值套餐
Every 8-year-old's dream right now
每一个8岁孩子的梦想
That I'm getting ready to fulfill.
现在我就要去实现了
I got my egg mcmuffin.
这是我的蛋堡
That's gonna be the first thing right there.
这是我要第一个吃的
This Mcdonald's delivers for free.
这家麦当劳还免费外送
All I did today was leave my apartment,
我今早所做的就是离开公♥寓♥ Walk down the stairs, and walk to the Mcdonald's... 走下楼梯走到麦当劳
1,272 steps.
共计1272步
So, we got to go to the corner
现在该走到街角
And we got to get a cab.
然后找一辆计程车
The cabs are gonna add up in this thing.
计程车也得列在计划里面
I can tell already.
我已经看出来了
I got my scorecard,
我有张计分卡
And in here, I had one egg mcmuffin.
在这写上我吃了一份蛋堡
I had one sausage biscuit.
是猪柳蛋汉堡餐
Do you eat fast food?
你吃快餐食品吗
Once in a while.
偶尔
Yeah? How often?
多久吃一次
I'll say probably once every two weeks.
大概两星期一次吧
Three, four times a week maybe.
大概一星期三到四次吧
In France. Yes.
在法国吃的
But here, no. I don't like here.
但在这没有我不喜欢这里
It doesn't sound very...clean.
这感觉很不干净
And what's your favorite place?
你最喜欢在哪吃东西
Probably Wendy's.
应该是温迪汉堡
Mcdo.
麦当劳
Taco bell.
塔可钟
Taco bell.
塔可钟
McDonald's is pretty close.
麦当劳也不错啦
Do you ever have super sized cokes?
你喝过超大杯可乐吗
No, in France...
没有在法国
The small size here, it's a bigger size in France.
这里的小杯就相当于法国的大杯
Even the small size here, I can't drink.
就算是这的小杯我也喝不完
There are rules to what's going on here
我的整个计划都得
In this whole process.
按规矩行事
If Mcdonald's doesn't sell it, I can't eat it.
麦当劳没卖♥♥的我就不能吃Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
早餐中餐还有晚餐
No excuses.
不许有借口
Oh, I love big Macs.
我爱巨无霸啊
This is probably the first time in a long time
这可能是我长久以来第一次
That I've seen a big mac that looks like the picture, 见到了跟图片上这么相像的巨无霸
That actually almost looks like the picture.
看起来跟图片上真像啊
Look at that.
瞧瞧
Big macs never look this good.
巨无霸从未这么好看过
You got to come to Chinatown for the good big macs.
一定得到中国城才能吃到好吃的巨无霸
You've heard about all these people
你有听说过
Who are suing these fast-food companies.
有人起诉快餐公♥司♥吗
Yes, I've heard of them.
是的我听说过
I think it's ridiculous,
我认为这很滑稽
But it's the American way to sue for everything.
但美国人就是这样什么都可以起诉
I'll throw the lawsuit out if I was a judge.
如果我是法官我根本不会立案
And like I was saying,
正如我所说
If these fast-food places can put their signs up,
这些快餐公♥司♥尽可以大打广♥告♥ If I can walk by them and just totally ignore them
如果我可以每次经过的时候都忽略他们
And say, "I'm not hungry. I don't need this,"
并告诉自己我不饿我不需要吃
They can do it, too.
那他们也能做到
We don't have to go there.
我们没必要去那吃
We don't have to shop with them.
我们没必要在那消费
We can easily go in Mcdonald's and grab a salad,
我们也可以去麦当劳就点个沙拉
But we choose not to.
只是我们没这么做
Now, if the Mcdonald's refused them service,
而如果麦当劳拒绝给他们服务
They'd be in court again saying,
他们又会在法庭上说
"We were refused service."
"我们被拒绝提供服务"
So you can't win if you try in this world.
用这样的逻辑谁都不可能赢
I think there's a lot of focus on the fast-food companies 我认为现在太多焦点关注于快餐公♥司♥ Because they are mentioned more
是因为这比其他任何原因
Than virtually all the other causes
都被各类报章杂♥志♥ 研究文献
In most of the articles and books and studies
更为广泛地提到
About why it's a sudden epidemic.
都把发胖的原因归咎于他们
Again, it can't be the neighborhood restaurant.
再说了这本就不该成为日常饮食习惯
We've had neighborhood restaurants
我们的日常饮食早已形成了
For hundreds of years.
有几百年了
It can't be the foods we eat at home.
这不该成为我们的家常菜
We've been eating at home for hundreds of years.
我们在家就餐已经几百年了
Something is very different.
有些事已经不一样了
I think the figure is we eat out
据说我们目前外出就餐的比例
something like 40% of our meals.
已经达到了40%左右
John Banzhaf is currently spearheading
John Banzhaf目前带头
The attacks against the food industry,
攻击食品工业
Advising many of the lawyers
他给很多正在
Who are currently going through the process.
进行诉讼的律师们提供建议
People say he's crazy,
人们说他很疯狂
But that's what they used to say about him
但他第一次控告烟草公♥司♥的时候When he first sued the tobacco companies...
人们也是这样说的
Until he won.
直到他赢了
I think in terms of responsibility,
我认为从责任的角度上说
It's fair to point the big gun at Mcdonald's.
把最大矛头指向麦当劳是很公平的
McDonald's is one of the biggest
麦当劳是最大的快餐公♥司♥之一But, more importantly, it is the one which,
但更重要的是它远远比
Far more than all the others, lures in young children. 任何一家公♥司♥ 都能吸引小朋友They have the playgrounds,
他们有儿童游乐园
The closed, indoor playgrounds.
封闭的室内儿童游乐园
Many places, there are no other playgrounds.
很多地方他们都没有游乐园
You've got to take your kid there.
你只能带着你的孩子去麦当劳
So even at 2 and 3 and 4,
因此甚至是二三四岁的小孩
Those kids are being lured into there.
他们都会被吸引到麦当劳
McDonald's is very heavy on birthday parties.
麦当劳很注重举办生日派对
They, of course, pioneered the happy meals,
当然他们还积极推销开心乐园餐
Now the mighty kids' meals also
现在这种著名的儿童套餐
With those little "gotta have 'em" toys.
还附带着"一定要收集"的小玩具
So they get the kids in.
吸引着孩子们去那
And, of course, the whole clown.
当然还有小丑
Mcdonald's has the clown.
麦当劳有自己的小丑形象
A lot of those ADs appeal primarily to kids.
很多广♥告♥的吸引对象主要都是儿童There's a cartoon on TV which features him.
电视上会播放以他为原型的动画片
So they, more than others, lure the kids in.
所以他们比任何一家公♥司♥ 都能吸引小孩
I think all of us are far more concerned about the kids.
我想我们现在更多要关注的是就是孩子
Another man who is worried about the kids
另一位同样担忧小孩的
Is Samuel Hirsch.
是Samuel Hirsch
He represents the two girls who are suing Mcdonald's,
他代表两名女孩状告麦当劳
With much advisement coming from professor Banzhaf.
为此 Banzhaf教授给了他很多建议
Why are you suing the fast-food establishment?
为什么你要状告那些快餐企业
You mean motives besides monetary recompensation?
你是说除了赔偿金额以外的动机吗
You mean you want to hear a noble cause?
你是想听什么崇高的理由吗
Is that it?
是这样吗
I think that fast foods
我认为快餐食品
Are a major contributor to this epidemic.
导致过度肥胖的主要原因
In 2000, Dr. David Satcher
2000年 David Satcher博士
Became the first surgeon general
成为第一位
To draw attention to the obesity crisis,
关注肥胖危机的卫生局局长
Declaring it a national epidemic.
宣布其为全国性流行病
Now, remember, we're super-sizing everything.
现在请记住我们在加大所有东西的尺寸
You go to any place to buy,
你去任何地方买♥♥东西
You go to any fast food store,
你去任何一个快餐店
And they're trained to tell you to buy a bigger size.
他们都会训练有素劝你买♥♥大一号♥的For five cents more, you can get the super size.
只需多付五美分就能买♥♥到更大一号♥ Federal government will define a piece of meat,
联邦政♥府♥有过明确说明
Three ounces of meat, as a sensible portion,
85克[三盎司]的肉为合理分量
And that looks like a deck of cards.
差不多就像一副牌的大小
Few people would be able to find this deck of cards
这么大小的肉很难买♥♥到
If they were served a piece of meat,
当你在饭店用餐
a steak, in a restaurant.
你所点的那份牛排
It would probably be about four or five times this size.
它可能就有四五副扑克这么大
One typical bagel that one is eating
我们平时都吃的百吉饼
That looks something like this
像这种这样的
Is going to comprise five servings of bread.
就相当于五片面包片这么多
When fast food companies first opened,
快餐店刚刚开业的时候
They generally introduced one size.
所有食品都只有一个"号♥"
For example, one size french fries
比如说麦当劳刚开业的时候
When mcdonald's first opened, called "fries."
薯条就一种就叫"薯条"
That size fries is now called "small."
而现在这种成了"小号♥薯条"
Medium, large, and super size.
还有中号♥ 大号♥和特大号♥薯条
That original size is still here.
原始的那个份量还在
It's got about 200 calories.
热量大概有200卡路里
But the super size is gonna pack in over 600 calories.
但是特大号♥的薯条所含热量超过600卡
When Burger King first opened,
汉堡王♥刚♥开业的时候
They had a 12-ounce small and a 16-ounce large.
饮料分为12盎司的小杯和16盎司的大杯
This 12-ounce is now kiddy.
而现在这种小杯已经变成超小号♥的
The 16-ounce is now the small...
16盎司的变成小号♥的
The medium, the 32, and the 42
然后还有中号♥ 大号♥和特大号♥ And this is across the board with all fast-food places. 现在所有的快餐店都是这样的
Cars have introduced larger cup holders
汽车也开始推出了更大号♥的置杯架
To accommodate those huge 7-Eleven double gulps,
以便能装下这种便利店的超大号♥饮料
Which are 6♥4♥ ounces, a half gallon, 这可是6♥4♥盎司半加仑[1.9升]
And hold anywhere from 600 to 800 calories,
所含热量从600到800卡不等
Depending on how much ice you put in.
这取决于加多少冰了
A half-gallon of soda?
半加仑汽水
A half-gallon of soda for one person,
一个人喝半加仑汽水
48 teaspoons of sugar.
48匙的糖份
Hello, may I help you?
你好需要点什么
Yeah, could I get
给我来一份
The double quarter pounder with cheese meal?
双层至尊芝士汉堡
Large or super size?
大号♥还是超大号♥的
I think I'm gonna have to go super size.
我要超大号♥的
Look at that. Look at that coke.
来看这个看看这个可乐
That barely fits in there.
都要放不进去了
Oh, shit!。