大学英语4英语翻译
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
1.人人都知道她生性骄傲。(by nature)
It is known to all that she is proud by nature.
2.你只有一次机会,所以最好充分利用它!(make the most of)
You’ll only get one chance,so you’d better make the most of it.
3.事故导致两名乘客死亡。(result in)
The accident resulted in the death of two passengers.
4.有个好老师后,他的情况完全不一样了。(make all the difference)Having a good teacher has made all the difference for him.
5.供职于一家大银行22年后,我突然失去了工作。一次裁员潮导致了一百多名员工失去工作,其中便有我。
After twenty-two years of working for a major bank,a downing wave resulted in the elimination of over one hundred jobs,mine being one of them.
6.没有大学文凭并没有影响到我在银行的职业生涯,但获得学位确实是我的平身夙愿。
Not being a graduate had never held me back in my career with the bank,but now it was a personal goal i longed to achieve.
7.现在,我工作不再是为了“名利”,我的身心与我所关心的人紧紧地连在一起。Now ,instead of working towards materialistic things and personal glory,my heart and life are firmly linked around people i care about.
8.当我细细琢磨我的信条“变是好事,变是进步”时,我意识到我已接受了“变”,并在充分利用“变”。
As i think about the meaning of my belief “change is good,change is progress”,i realize that i have accepted the change,and am making the most of it.
1.你的女儿渴望得到你的爱,你为什么对她那么冷淡?(be hungry for)Your daughter is hungry for your love.why are you so cold to her?
2.尽管我们之间几乎没有什么共同之处,但你仍然是我最好的朋友。(have...in common)
Although we have little in common,you are still my best friend.
3.她完全失去了控制,失声痛哭起来。(lose one’s control)
She lost all her control and burst into tears.
4. 我不明白到底是什么使他陷入绝望。(sink into despair)
I did not understand what on earth made him sink into despair.
5.自从我被从家中带走,并与成千上万的其他犹太人一起被关到这里以来,我已濒临死亡,只能活一天算一天,活一小时算一小时。
I am almost dead, surviving from day to day, from hour to hour, ever since I was taken from my home and brought here with thousands of other Jews.
6.我想把目光挪开,被一个陌生人这样打量,我感到特别害臊,但我的视线无法从她的双眼移开。
I want to look away, oddly ashamed for this stranger to see me like this, but I cannot tear my eyes from hers.
7.一晃过了数月,噩梦仍在继续。但对这个小女孩的回忆支撑着我度过了那恐怖、痛苦和无望的岁月。
Months pass and the nightmare continues. But the memory of this girl sustains me through the terror, the pain, the hopelessness.
8.在这充满死亡的世界中,这个苹果无疑表达的是生命和爱。我抬起头时,看见那个女孩在远处消失了。
In my world of death this apple is an expression of life, of love. I glance up in time to see the girl disappearing into the distance
1. 很不幸,只有20人来上我的课。(no more than)
No more than twenty people came to my class, unfortunately.
2. 这位知名教授专门从事儿童早期教育。(specialize in)
The famous professor specialized in the education of children at an early age.
3. 她说她恨她的丈夫,或者大意如此的话。(to that effect)
She said she hated her husband, or words to that effect.
4. 我们已采取了一切必要措施来纠正这些错误。(remedy)
We have done whatever is necessary to remedy these mistakes.
1.求职申请信应该简洁明了,长度不超过一页。求职申请信还应该清晰易读,只需把必不可少的信息写上即可。
The application letter should be brief, no more than one page in length. It should be easy to read and include only the necessary information.
2. 选择哪种格式其实是个人喜好问题,因为有许多格式可供选择。
The style you choose is really a matter of personal preference, as there are many different styles to choose from.