英语美文学会活在当下
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
英语美⽂学会活在当下
Learn to Live in the Present Moment
学会活在当下
To a large degree,
很⼤程度上,
the measure of our peace of mind is determined by how much we are able to live in the present moment.
我们内⼼的平和取决于我们是否活在当下。
Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year,
不论昨天或去年发⽣什么,
and what may or may not happen tomorrow,
不管明天会不会发⽣什么。
the present moment is where you are-always.
当下才是你所在的地⽅,⽽且向来如此!
Without question, many of us have mastered the neurotic art of spending much of our lives worrying about a variety of things-all at once.
毫⽆疑问,我们之中许多⼈都⼗分精通神经质艺术,浪费⽣命去忧虑各种事情。
We allow past problems and future concerns to dominate our present moments,
我们让过去的问题和未来的忧虑主宰⽬前的时光。
so much so that we end up anxious, frustrated,depressed, and hopeless.
结果我们变得焦虑不安,感到受挫,沮丧、了⽆希望。
On the flip side, we also postpone our gratification,
另⼀⽅⾯,我们延迟⾃⼰的满⾜感,
our stated priorities, and our happiness,
推迟我们应优先考虑的事情以及⾃⼰的幸福,
often convincing ourselves that someday will be better than today.
去说服⾃⼰总有⼀天会⽐今天更好。
Unfortunately, the same mental dynamics that tell us to look toward the future will only repeat themselves so that someday never actually arrives.
不幸的是,我们期待未来的⼼理机制只会⼀再重复,结果总有⼀天从未真正到来。
John Lennon once said, Life is what's happening while we're busy making other plans.
约翰·列侬曾经说过:⽣命就是我们忙着做其他计划的时候,所发⽣的⼀切。
When we're busy making other plans,
当我们忙着做其他计划时,
our children are busy growing up,
我们的孩⼦也忙着长⼤,
the people we love are moving away and dying,
我们所爱的⼈在逐渐远离、死去,
our bodies are getting out of shape,
我们的体型不知不觉地变样,
and our dreams are slipping away.
我们的梦想也偷偷溜⾛。
In short, we miss out on life.
换句话说,我们错过了⼈⽣。
Many people live as if life were a dress rehearsal for some later date.
许多⼈把⽣命当做对以后某个⽇期的彩排⽣活。
It isn't.
⼈⽣不是这样的。
In fact, no one has a guarantee that he or she will be here tomorrow.
其实,没有⼈可以保证,明天他或她还会在这⾥。
Now is the only time we have,
现在是我们拥有的惟⼀时刻,
and the only time that we have any control over.
也是我们能控制的惟⼀时光。
When our attention is in the present moment,
当我们把注意⼒放在当下时,
we push fear from our minds.
就能把恐惧从⼼底排出。
Fear is the concern over events that might happen in the future-we won' t have enough money,恐惧是忧虑未来可能发⽣的种种情况。
例如,我们不会有⾜够的⾦钱,
our children will get into trouble,
我们的孩⼦会惹⿇烦,
we will get old and die, whatever.
我们会⽼会死等等。
To combat fear, the best strategy is to learn to bring your attention back to the present.
对抗恐惧的最佳策略就是,学会将你的注意⼒拉回到现在。
Mark Twain said,I have been through some terrible things in my life,some of which actually happened.
马克·吐温就曾说过:我这⼀⽣经历过许多糟糕的事情,只有⼀些真的发⽣了。
I don't think I can say it any better.
我想,我⽆法说得更好了。
Practice keeping your attention on the here and now.经常将注意⼒放在此时此刻,
Your efforts will pay great dividends.
你的努⼒将会得到丰厚的报偿!。