《赌棍》完整中英文对照剧本
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
所以
So,
你会为我做什么
what are you gonna do for me?
我们就直说吧
We're going to be straight that I've had it.
我快死了...
What do you say to the fact that...
你有什么想法
I'm gonna die?
我会想念你的
I'm going to miss you.
无所谓
Fuck that.
反正我也不知道
I won't know about that.
我想知道
I need to know
如果我没留遗产给你的话你还有多少价值
what you're worth when I leave you nothing.
谁想要将众人踩在脚下
Who wants the world at their feet?
很难懂吧
It's confusing, isn't it?
我会尽我所能你可以安心地去
I'll do the best I can. You can go knowing that, okay? 你现在是一家之主了...
You're me now...
看你有没有这个能耐
If you'll have it.
生于1943年卒于1989年乔纳森·菲利浦·班尼特赌徒
一万
$10, 000?
玩家赢
Player wins.
两万
$20, 000?
玩家赢
Player wins.
四万
$40, 000?
玩家赢
Player wins.
再一次
Again.
再一次
Again!
赌双倍八万
Double it. Make it $80, 000.
李先生的能耐远远超过这些
Come on. Mister Lee can cover a lot more than that, buddy. 你一定是新来的赌双倍
You must be new. Double it!
八万
$80, 000.
希望你房♥租已经付清了老兄
I hope you paid your rent, homes.
我不必付房♥租老兄
I don't pay rent, homes.
怎么了还好吗
What's up, man? You got a problem?
有什么问题吗
Issue of some kind?
有我不喜欢你的帽子
Yeah, I don't like your fucking hat.
我觉得你想要我有问题
You know, I think you kinda wanted me to have an issue, 所以我只好乱办一个
so I thought of that one.
我们外面解决
I'll see you outside, my friend.
我们迟早得出去外面
Oh, we all got to go outside sometime, brother.
这个地方只是一场梦你是赌徒吗
This place is just a dream. You a gambler?
跟你不一样
Not like you.
你想找麻烦还是跟我对赌
You want to fuck around or you want to cut cards
我剩下的五百块
for my last $500?
我用一万块赌你的五百块
I'll put 10 grand against your $500.
我没有那么多钱这样不公平
I haven't got 10 grand. That's an unequal bet.
一般来说都是不公平的
It's a unequal general situation.
随便拿牌吧
Well, fuck it. Get a deck.
很好笑吧
That's funny, no?
我以为你想要我的名片
I thought you wanted my business card.
恭喜
Congratulations.
我了解你
I know you.
我觉得你很享受输的感觉
I think you're the kind of guy that likes to lose.
人生最终都是一死不如趁早习惯
Life's a losing proposition, right? You might as well get it over with. -需要借赌本吗 -你喜欢借钱给输家
-Need a stake? -You like staking losers?
我知道你们借钱的原则
I know how you guys stake people.
那你就什么都知道了
Then you know everything.
你今晚运气不好
Your luck is no good tonight.
很难说
Oh, that depends,
如果你愿意再借我一万块就不一样了
if you give me another $10, 000 credit.
你带了一万块现金进来
You came in with $10, 000 in cash.
你又没把钱还给我
You didn't give it to me.
毕竟这里是赌场
Well, I mean, this is a gambling establishment.
我难道有不还你钱吗
Have I ever not paid you?
债务最终会累积到你还不出来
Eventually a debt gets too big to pay.
你还欠我24万元
You owe me $240, 000
我要你七天内还清
and I want it in seven days.
他拿了
He took it, man.
借我五万
Stake me 50 grand.
利息20%
At 20 points.
给他五万
Give him 50 grand.
记得把电♥话♥留给我的人
You make sure my man over here has your digits and so forth. 你的帽子好看多了
I feel better about your hat.
他妈的痞子
This motherfucker.
这里有四万我要留一万
There's 40. I'm going to keep back 10, okay?
你可以把五万拿去补我的债
You know, you can take the whole 50 against my vig,
但这里毕竟是赌场我是来赌博的
but this is a gambling establishment. I came to play.
给我一个一万的蓝色筹码就好
Just one blue $10, 000 marker, please.
不不
No, no.
别看别人看着我发牌就对了
Don't look at anyone. You look at me. Just do it.
21点
21.
我身为顾客很满意
Another satisfied customer.
两个都赌
Let's play the two.
两万
$20, 000?
他不想要你看他
He doesn't want you to look at him.
继续发牌
Just keep dealing the cards.
四万
$40, 000.
不要了
I'm good.
再一张
Take it.
玩家赢
Player wins.
别看他这里没有上限
Don't look at him. There's no limit.
不管他想要打炮或打架我都没兴趣
He wants to fuck or fight, and I'm not interested in either. 所以快发牌
So, please, just deal the cards.
-我是想保护你 -保护我
-It's for your protection. -For my protection?
去他妈的保护我你来这里
Fuck my protection. You don't come here
不是为了寻求保护
for fucking protection from yourself.
你来的目的刚好相反
You come for the fucking opposite.
而我就站在这里所以拜托快发牌
And here I am. So, please, deal the cards.
谢谢
Thank you.
八万
$80, 000.
玩家赢
Player wins.
停止下注
No more bets.
我觉得自己运气很旺我要全部押黑色
You got me feeling lucky. I'm putting everything on black. 今晚一直开红色
Red's been coming up all night.
要我现在还钱吗
You want me to pay you now?
要我还钱吗
Is that what you want me to do?
-不用 -为什么
-No. -Why not?
可能是我很享受看这场表演吧
Maybe I enjoy watching the show.
我赢了就在外面抢我如何
What about ripping me off outside if I win?
我不做抢劫生意
Not in that business, brother.
全部押黑色
Everything on black.
停止下注
No more bets.
19号♥ 红色
Nineteen, red.
借我一些赌本
Float me some spending money.
利息一样是20%
That's at 20 points, too.
第七天
第一份公开评论莎士比亚的文章
First public notice that was ever made of Shakespeare
是来自雇佣作家罗伯特·格林尼
was from a Grub Street writer, Robert Greene,
他说他是"一只傲慢的乌鸦用羽毛来美化自己"
who called him an "upstart crow beautified with our feathers, " 在这本书...
in the book...
写在墙上的这本书中
In the book, under that title on the board.
会说用羽毛来美化是因为
Is the beautified feathers thing because
格林尼知道莎士比亚是牛津伯爵吗
Greene knew that Shakespeare was the Earl of Oxford?
当然...
Absolutely...
不是
Not.
差远了
Not even close!
我...
I...
牛津伯爵有出版过诗
The Earl of Oxford published poetry, okay?
但是写得不好
And it wasn't any good.
牛津伯爵为了让自己的戏剧上演
I mean, had Oxford been able to get a play put on,
也一定要不择手段
he'd have broken a leg to do it.
你可以想像有任何一个人会有任何理由
I mean, can you think of any human being that would, for any reason, 而不让自己成为《哈姆雷特》的作者吗
not put 'ms name on Hamlet?
牛津伯爵的理论莎士比亚另有其人的理论
The Oxfordian thing. The anti-Stratfordian thing.
莎士比亚让大家生气的原因...
What pisses people off about Shakespeare...
隐藏在这些关于莎士比亚所有争论的背后
What lies behind every controversy about Shakespeare
是愤怒
is rage.
对于自然
Rage over the nature
以及天分没有平均分配的愤怒
and unequal distribution of talent.
气愤天才的出现
The rage that genius appears
而且完全没有理由
where it appears for no material reason at all.
渴望一件东西
Desiring a thing
并不能让你得到它
cannot make you have it.
写作的问题在于
Now, the trouble with writing,
如果我能向英文系提出的话...
if I may bring it up here in the English Department...
就是我们不时都会写作
...is we all do a little of it from time to time, writing.
我们有些人可能会开始幻想
And some of us start to think, delusionally,
如果花点时间
maybe with a little time,
平静下来再存点钱
a little peace, a little money in the bank,
能有个自己的房♥间
and you get that room of your own,
你就会想"妈呀我也能当个作家"
you think, "Well, shit, I might be a writer, too."
我们能接受天才运动员
I mean, we accept genius in sports
因为那是我们做不到的事
as something we cannot do.
但当一名作家也没那么简单
But it's no more likely that you could be a writer that 拿什么来比呢奥♥运♥撑竿跳运动员you could be what? An Olympic pole-vaulter?
因为要成为一名
Because what you have to be
撑竿跳运动员之前你先要成为...
before you try to be a pole-vaulter...
拜托就是撑竿跳运动员不是吗
Hello! ls a pole-vaulter, no?
-对 -你就是啊
-Yeah! -You are one.
-撑竿跳运动员 -小说家
-A pole-vaulter? -A novelist.
我不是我如果要成为一名小说家
No, I am not. For me to be a novelist,
我就得说服自己
I would have to make a deal with myself,
要当个平庸的人
that it was okay being a mediocrity in a profession 而且作品在上个世纪完全卖♥♥不出去that died commercially in the last century.
有人这么做但绝对不是我
All right, people do that. I am not one of them.
如果你在我的课堂中什么都没记住
If you take away nothing else from my class,
那就记住这点...
from this experience, let it be this...
如果你不是个天才就别努力了
If you're not a genius, don't bother, all right?
这个世界需要很多水电工
The world needs plenty of electricians,
而且他们大多都很开心
and a lot of them are happy.
我才不要当个平庸的作家收到好的评论
I'll be fucked if I'll be a mid-list novelist getting good reviews 只因为我也给对方好的评论
from the people I give good reviews to.
我们来看看德克斯特德克斯特
Let's have a look at Dexter. Dexter!
一个看起来很普通的年轻人
An ordinary-looking young man with a what?
穿着40号♥的夹克体型一般
Size 40 jacket, regular features,
牙齿很好看
and decent dentition,
他是全美国排行第二的
is the second-ranked collegiate tennis player
大学网球选手
in the United States of America.
你是怎么办到的
How did that come about, Dexter?
你来自网球世家吗
You come from a tennis family?
这个嘛
Well, I mean,
我五年前在高中时开始打的
I started playing five years ago in high school
因为打网球的那些家伙有最好的大♥麻♥
'cause the tennis guys have the best weed.
你打多久之后
After you started tennis, how long was it
才比其他人都厉害
before you were better than everybody?
才比其他人厉害还是才发现
Before I was better than everybody,
自己比较厉害
or before I knew it?
当你知道自己
What happened when you noticed
天生就比其他人厉害时你怎么想
you were naturally better than everybody? 我...
I...
我开始对比赛产生兴趣
I got interested in the game.
这是非常聪明的破发点就是这个
That is an IQ break point, brother. Right there!
记得马基雅维利吗
Do you remember Machiavelli?
应该是九月的时候
That would have been in September.
天啊
Man.
我还记得九月
I can remember September.
好
All right.
你是为了比赛还是为了钱
Is it the game, brother, or the money?
比赛操守还是名望你追求哪一个
Virtu or fama? Fame or virtue? What are you after? 不必谦虚你想要什么
Don't go modest on me. What do you want?
两个都要
Both.
很有野心嘛
You got ambitious, yeah?
我发现我对比赛越在行
I realised, as I learned about the game,
我就越有机会成为...
that I was in reach of...
成为...
In reach of...
成为...
In reach of...
最棒的
Highest level?
对最棒的
Highest level, yeah.
最棒的
Highest level.
但这还是场赌注吧
But it's still a gamble, isn't it?
我是个文学老师
Look, I'm a literature teacher.
我的写作能力不够好
I can't write well enough to bother,
或是我根本懒得尝试不论
or I just don't bother, whichever.
不论是什么原因都不必把我神化了
Whichever it is, there'll be no apotheosis around here. 这里没有所谓的"我变为神了"
There'll be no "Vae, puto, deus fio!" around here.
这是班尼特西安先皇帝的遗言
That's what Emperor Vespasian said on his deathbed, "亲爱的我我想我变为神了"
"Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god."
但你们知道谁的写作最棒吗
But do you know who does write at the highest level? 我们大多数人甚至我自己...
When most of us and even I...
甚至我自己的写作都只差强人意
Even I write barely adequately?
你们知道是谁吗
Do you know who it is?
就在这间教室里是谁
In this room. Who is it?
别这样看着我不不不不...
Don't give me that look. No, no, no, no, no.
并不是讲最多话的人
It isn't the one who talks the most.
那顶多只能当电台主持人
You're an NPR host, tops.
好吗
Okay?
这里最有才华的人
The literary person in here
是菲利浦斯小姐
is Miss Phillips.
她是教室里最不吵闹
She's the least obstreperous in this room,
最安静的人
the quietest,
也是唯一一个
and the only one
有可能在文学上发展事业的人
who can have a real career at letters.
其他人可以用想像的
Some of you can have one perceptually.
但只有她能够把梦想实现
Only she can have one in reality.
她的写作能力
She is better at writing
比我们的美国业余网球好手第二名
than our U.S. presently amateur number two
还要好
is at tennis.
但她却选择躲起来
Yet she chooses to hide,
或是说融入我们之中
or just blend in with the rest of you.
为什么
Why?
菲利浦斯小姐为什么
Why is that, Miss Phillips?
我...
I...
融入其中是最安全的做法
Being in the middle is the safest place to be.
你是哪里人
Where do you come from?
-俄亥俄州 -俄亥俄州
-Ohio. -Ohio.
你父母是天才吗
Parents are geniuses, by any chance?
还是很有钱
Filthy rich?
没有
No.
你父亲也不是牛津伯爵吧
Well, your dad wasn't the Earl of Oxford, was he? 不是
No.
不是吗
No?
你几岁开始阅读
How old were you when you read?
两岁
I was two.
两岁真早真是惊人
Two? Well, that's early. That's prodigious. 你有什么优势文学世家
Any advantages? Literary home life?
你父亲是谁
Who's your father?
他...
Well...
他在工厂工作
He worked in a factory.
你母亲呢
Well, your mother?
我不...
I don't...
-她在...-她有酗酒的问题
-What was... -She was an alcoholic.
她疯了
She was insane.
等等你♥爸♥...
Wait, wasn't your dad...
我看不出来这有什么关连性
I don't see how this is pertinent.
没钱
No money,
没有优势没有世袭
no advantages, no peer of the realm.
你不是牛津伯爵吧
You're not the Earl of Oxford, are you?
不是吗
No?
那你为什么比我们其他人都优秀
Then why are you better than the rest of us? 不看着我
No, you look at me.
你比我们其他人都优秀
You are better than the rest of us.
如果你还不知道就让我告诉你
If no one's told you yet you're a genius and an artist, 你是天才和艺术家
let me be the first.
我不确定你这样说对不对
Okay. I don't know if you can say that.
我觉得这很主观
'Cause I think it's subjective, man.
我们的写作各有观点
I mean, we all have something to offer.
放屁
Bullshit.
天才是种魔法不是物质
Genius is magical, not material.
如果没有这种魔力
If you don't have the magic,
就无法实现愿望
no amount of wishing will make it so.
菲利浦斯小姐
Miss Phillips,
如果你还想继续上我的课
if you plan to continue to come to my class,
就坐到最前面
you sit in the front where you belong
不然就别来了
or don't bother showing up.
祝你们今天愉快
Have a nice day.
《集注本》詹姆士·班尼特著
如果你能配合我...
So, I mean, if you can step in in some way, I...
富勒院长
Dean Fuller?
可以说句话吗
May I have a word?
还要说
More words?
体育学院想问
The athletic department has asked
某个人的状况
how a certain person is doing.
你是说离不开手♥机♥的那个人吗
You mean the certain person who cannot stay off his phone? 你知道这个人
I mean, you do realise that this certain person
连高中程度都不到
cannot write at a high school level,
更别提大学程度了
never mind a collegiate one.
但这无所谓对吧拜托
That doesn't matter though, right? I mean, come on.
半数终身教职的教授
Half the fucking tenured faculty would be
在上个世纪的文法学校里的话
flogged to death for idiocy at ordinary grammar school,
都会白♥痴♥到被打死...
in any previous century, so...
有什么关系呢
Why would it matter?
如果你不在乎
Why do you care about that
又何必在乎这个呢
if you don't care about anything?
说得没错
You're probably right.
他妈的
Motherfucker!
我永远打不赢你德克斯特先生
I'll never beat you, Mr Dexter.
但如果你敢再放水
But if you ever give me a point again,
我就炒了你
I'll fire you.
总决赛加油
Good luck in the finals.
谢谢你女士
Thank you, ma'am.
为什么需要钱
Why do you need the money?
如果你是要完全戒掉
If you were escaping for a purpose,
我还可能同意
maybe I'd buy it.
继续做我自己是我仅存的东西了
Well, going on as I am is the only thing I've got.
强词夺理
That's sophistical.
你不需要这样
It's beneath you.
你应该同意改变是有可能的
I think you would agree that modification is possible. 是吗
Do you?
我知道你麻烦大了
I know you're in real trouble.
我知道这跟你祖父的死有关
I know this is all connected to your grandfather's death. 但你还不够自恋
But you're not narcissistic enough to
在我面前表演而你也不是青少年了
put on a show, nor are you an adolescent.
很显然地
And I think it goes without saying
你也不笨
that you're far from stupid.
你是我儿子
You're my son.
但你必须了解...
But you have to understand...
我也曾跟我爱的人道别过
...I've said good-bye before to people I love.
对爸就是这么死的
Yeah, whatever did happen to Dad?
我做过很多次
I have done it many, many times.
我不想知道你到底有什么问题
I don't want to know the nature of your problem.
我只要你改过来
I just want you not to have it any more.
我不会再给你钱了
I'm not giving you any more.
嘿
Hey.
黑桃K
第六天
吉姆·班尼特
You Jim Bennett?
-对 -上车
-Yeah. -Get in.
我是大个子厄尼
Big Ernie.
你看起来不大只
You're not that big.
我指的不是我的外套
I'm not talking about my jacket, brother.
恕我直言
You know, with all due respect,
我对你的老二没兴趣所以...
I'm not interested in yourjohnson, so...
你当然有兴趣
Sure you are.
从古希腊时代♥开♥始就有了
It has been so since the Greeks.
我无法反驳
I can't argue with that, I guess.
我朋友说你是老师
A friend of mine says that you're a teacher.
我是副教授
I'm associate professor.
你要借的金额
The amount of cash you want is more than
远比我一般借出去的还多
I am ordinarily disposed to loan out, unless, say, 除非你代表一个小国家
you're a medium-sized country with the ability 有能力用军事力量来增加税收
to raise taxes under the threat of military force. 或者...
Or...
你是个欧洲毒虫
a Eu rotrash co kehead
还有个老爸
who has a father that can be squeezed
在他的小成本科幻电影
after the little prick's micro-budget sci-fi film
没有被日舞影展选上之后还能被压榨
doesn't get picked up at Sundance.
你有听懂吗
Are you following me?
你有能被压榨的家人吗
You have family that can be squeezed?
这是夸饰法
I'm saying that rhetorically.
我们可以用绅士的方式来谈吗让我们互相了解彼此
Let's just deal with this as gentlemen, who understand each other, please. 不行
No.
我要我们把对方
I need for us to treat each other
都不当成绅士
like we're not gentlemen
要想像我们都非常笨
and that we're very, very stupid.
好吧我从来没有家人的支持
Okay. There's no family. There's never any family.
你的薪水多少年薪10万 15万
What do you make? $100, 000, $150, 000 a year?
扣税前20万
$200, 000 before taxes?
你有什么问题脑残吗
What's wrong with you? You got brain damage?
有什么隐疾吗 20万是重度上瘾者
Some fundamental disability? $200, 000 is a monk!
而你这重度上瘾者
And you, a monk,
已经欠那韩国混♥蛋♥
owe that Korean son of a bitch,
那他妈的黑暗王子
that prince of fucking darkness,
这么多钱了
that much already.
还又跟内维尔巴拉卡
And then another $50, 000,
多借了五万
excluding the vig, to Neville Baraka,
他会杀了你因为你们抽牌的时候
who will kill you, because when you cut cards
他拿到黑桃国王你却笑他
he got the king of spades and you laughed at him. 你的消息真灵通
You're pretty well informed.
你跟个危险人物借了五万元
You borrowed 50K from a very dangerous man 而且是在他想杀了你之后
after he was already going to kill you.
没错
Yes, I did.
出生教育才智天分
Birth, education, intelligence, talent,
外表家族财富
looks, family money,
这所有的一切
has all this been some real comprehensive
都他妈的是负担吗
fucking burden for you?
我看到两个问题
I see two problems.
第一他在这座城市里很成功
One, the world at his feet, in this town,
他却是个重度上瘾者
and he's a fucking monk
因为他对所有事情都"无所谓"
because, apparently, "Fuck it."
第二他想与恶魔共舞
Two, he wants to dance with the devil
为了一些不知道的原因
for some unspecified reason,
欠了韩国杀人魔钱
and therefore owes money to Korean murderers, 在还评论黑人的帽子
and talks about a schvartze's hat
一个随时会被杀死的地方
in a place where you can get killed,
他们差点把你杀了
and they merely drop your body up
丢到高速公路
the Angeles Crest.
第三他想
Three, he wants to borrow
借25万去偿还他的债务
a quarter of a million dollars to pay off debts,
但他其实不会拿去还钱
which he will, in fact, not pay off because,
因为回到第二点他想自杀
to go back to point two, he's suicidal.
告诉我你能怎么帮我就好
Just let me know what you can do for me, all right? 就算我能帮你把这些债务集中
If I help you consolidate these debts,
把利息降低
even at a lesser load,
你觉得我会是那种
do you think that I will be anyone
你想要惹的人吗
you want to fuck up the ass?
你觉得我会比较惹得起吗
Am I likelier to be fucked up the ass?
应该比较惹不起
Less likely, I imagine.
听着听我说
Listen to me. Listen to me.
我不是你的医生
I'm not your doctor.
我不是你的认知咨♥询♥师
I'm not your cognitive therapist.
但假装我是你叔叔
But let me be your uncle.
你得付一个礼拜10%的利息
You have to pay 10% a week.
我知道我该做什么
I know what I have to do.
你要去哪筹钱
Where you going to get my money?
我会筹到钱的
I'll get the money.
你需要多少
How much you want?
我总共欠了26万
I am $260, 000 all in.
你上一次真的拿钱
When's the last time you had money in your hand
去还债时是什么时候
to pay a debt and paid it?
别想跟我玩花样
Don't fuck with me.
你这次会还钱吧
This will be the first time when you pay, am I right?
没错
That's right.
我们还没说完
We're not done.
我需要你做些事
I need something from you.
什么抵押品
What, collateral?
不是
No.
我要你告诉我
I need you to tell me,
"我需要这些钱因为我是没用的烂赌徒"
"I need this money because I am a scumbag gambler.
"我是没用的烂赌徒"
"I am a scumbag gambler
"快被自己的屎淹死了"
"who is drowning in his own shit.
"我就是这种人弗兰克"
"That's the kind of man I am, Frank.
"我要你借给我这个快死掉又想自杀的混♥蛋♥" "And I want you to loan me, a dying, suicidal asshole,
"一大笔钱"
"a lot of money."
太长一串很难复述
That's too much to remember. Repeat it.
让我说得简单一点
Well, I'll make it simpler for you.
你要是想借钱就告诉我
You want this money, you tell me,
"我不是男人"
"I am not a man."
快说
Say it.
说"我不是男人"
Say, "I am not a man."
什么事
Yes?
你说的是真的吗
Did you mean what you said?
我真的有天分吗
About me having talent?
你看不懂我打的分数
Is there something you don't get about
"A 看见了吗"
A++, men?
但你从不愿意跟我出去
Then you never see me.
我不想跟你出去
Yeah, well, I don't want to see you.
因为我见过你的另一面
Because I've seen you in your other life?
不是
No.
跟那没关系
No, it isn't that.
你知道我为什么会惹麻烦吗
Do you know why I'm in trouble here?
因为我会说实话我就是这样
Because I tell the truth. That's what I do.
你要我分♥裂♥原子
Do you want me to split the atom,
屈服于速度然后告诉你实话吗
succumb to velocity, and tell you the truth? 生理反应不会说谎其他东西都会Physiology doesn't lie. Everything else does. 其他人都会
Everybody else does.
生理反应不会
Physiology doesn't.
这已经跟智商无关了
It's post-intellectual.
你想说什么
What are you trying to say to me?
我没资格说什么
I'm not in any position to say anything.
试试看
Try.
我为什么要试
Why should I try?
因为你之前说过的话
Because what you said before.
请你离开
I need you to leave.
马上这样不行
Right now. All right, this is not happening.
说真的马上离开
I'm serious. Go. You have to go.
我要你的签名
I want you to sign this.
我他妈的不要
Absolutely fucking not.
我他妈的要你签名
I want you to fucking sign it.
我不想要太激动
Look, I am not being dramatic, okay?
但我变了
But that was somebody else.
你是很激动
You are being dramatic.
没关系因为小说写得很好
Which is fine, because the novel's basically okay,
但你就是个剧作家
but that's what you are, a dramatist.
你是因为自己相信才写的
Did you write this because you believed in it,
还是因为你觉得这是大家想看的
or because you thought this is what people wanted? 你觉得我们该谈些什么
Well, what do you propose we move on to?
距离上一次
When was the last time
有人说你是天才已经多久了
that somebody told you that you're a genius?
我不想谈这个
We're not having this conversation.
我想去餐厅约会
I want to go to a restaurant.
有很多事
There's a whole bunch of things
我已经不做了而这件事...
I don't do any more, and that's...
是其中之一
kind of up there.
第五天
我是没钱的人请问要帮你把电♥话♥转去哪
Guy with no money speaking. How may I direct your call?
我在读你写的书
I'm reading your book.
还不错
Not bad.
如果你想拍成电影
If you want to get into producing,
只要十万就能向华纳兄弟买♥♥断
there's only about a hundred grand against it at Warner Brothers. 剧本很棒我认识作者
Good script. I know the guy who did it.
这是最棒的独♥立♥电影
It's an indie at best.
对
Yeah.
他们也这么认为
Yeah. That's what they thought.
我听说你去找弗兰基借钱
I hear you went to Little Frankie for some money.
他不会借给你的
He wouldn't loan it to you.
你听错了因为他想借给我
Well, you heard wrong, because he did try to loan it to me
但我没接受
and I didn't take it.
你不喜欢他开的条件
You didn't like the terms?
不条件还不错
No, the terms weren't acceptable.
但你还欠我钱
But you're in to me.
我不是联邦国民抵押协会我不会给紧急援助
And I ain't Fannie Mae. Ain't no bailouts.
那你为什么要借我钱
Oh, yeah, then Why'd you loan me the money?
两个赌徒的赌注
A gamble between two players who like to play.
我和你
Me and you.
双连赛
Double header.
让我给你点建议
Let me give you a bit of advice here.
什么
What's that?
欠钱就别搞花样
You owe somebody money, you don't fuck around.
我星期一要拿到钱
I want the money by Monday.
我会把你的车拿走当作是抵押品
I'll take that car of yours. Consider it collateral.
在《异乡人》里...
In The Stranger...
加缪 1913-1960 法国小说家剧作家曾获1957年诺贝尔文学奖加缪笔下的主角开了五枪
...Camus's protagonist fires five shots.
左轮手♥枪♥的第六发子弹
The sixth shot of the revolver
他象征性地留给了自己
he is reserving, symbolically, for himself.
我是第一个注意到这点的人
Noticing that, originally,
所以我才会在这教书
is why I'm here now.
拉玛
Lamar.
拉玛
Lamar.
你在抄笔记还是传简讯
You're taking notes or you're texting?
你有什么要补充的吗
You have anything you want to add?
你觉得呢
What do you think?
可能他累了
Maybe the dude had a hammer
所以忘了装第六颗子弹
on an empty chamber or something,
或者那把枪是特制的只能装五颗子弹
or a weird French piece that only took five.
不对我的想法比较好有六发子弹比较好
No, my idea works better if he has a full six.
我不懂为什么要自杀
I don't understand suicide.
那是因为你过得很开心
Well, that's because you're happy.
你开宝马古董跑车怎么会不开心
You got a BMW M1. How you unhappy?
我看起来开心吗
Do I look happy?
我不开心
I'm not happy.
知道为什么吗
You know why?
因为我对着整班的学生
Because I'm teaching the Modern Novel
教现代小说文学
to a classroom full of students
却没有人想听
who don't give a fuck.
你知道
You know,
你们都应该去修美国现实主义的课
you really should have gone for American Realism. 我们都他妈的现实一点
I mean, let's have more fucking realism.
我不是应该要教你们有用的东西吗
I mean, shouldn't I be teaching you things?
应该是这样没错我知道你们来的原因
Nah, I should. I know all you're here for
都是为了拿必修的英文学分
is a sufficiency of English credits,
但如果我要待在这
but, Jesus, if I'm here,
我就得做得更好不是吗
I ought to be doing better. Right?
我可以脱♥光♥衣服站在这里...
I could stand here stark naked...
也可以大声喊叫
...and I could yell as loud as I want,
都不会有人在意
and nobody cares.
你们今天离开以后记得打给你们父母
When you leave here today, call your parents,
告诉他们你很抱歉浪费了他们的时间
and tell them you apologise for wasting their time, 更重要的是浪费他们的钱
and more importantly, wasting their money,
坐在这间教室里什么都没学到
sitting in this classroom, learning absolutely nothing. 我们再来一次
Let's start fresh.
从头开始
Let's clean the slate right now.
我先来自我介绍
Let me introduce myself.
我叫詹姆士·班尼特
My name is James Bennett.
我是来假装教书的
I'm here pretending to teach.
你们也一直都在这假装学习
And you've been here pretending to learn.
我要你们做件事拿笔写下
This is what I want you to do. Write down
他把第六颗子弹象征性地留给自己
that he saves the sixth shot symbolically for himself. 你们不会找到参考文献
You're not going to find a reference anywhere, okay? 因为我是唯一一个想到这点的人。