英语基础对话

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

1) Ace: the best, top
一流的,最好的
If I ace this test, I will be first in the class for the year.
如果这次测验我能考好的话,我就是本年度班级的第一名了。
2) Smashed: drunk
喝醉了的
If you get smashed, you should not drive your car. Catch a cab instead.
如果你喝醉了酒就不应该开车了。应该打的。
3) Dirty rat: slang for a bad person
肮脏的老鼠:俚语,形容坏蛋
Some film stars are real dirty rats off-screen - they drink and smoke too much.
有些电影明星在银幕下可真是肮老鼠。他们抽烟喝酒都特凶。
4) Animal: a person who acts like a beast
动物:形容一个人的行为跟野兽似的。
My brother is a real animal because he leaves his dirty clothes lying on the bedroom floor.
我的哥哥可真是动物,因为他把脏衣服放在卧室的地板上。

Lesson:课文
In English, as in other languages, one of the best ways to insult someone is to describe them as common animals. Following are some common ones, but be careful how and when you use them!
在英语中,就像其他的语言,侮辱别人最好的办法之一也是把他形容为某种动物。下面就是一些常见的说法。但何时及怎么使用它们你可要小心!
Chicken: a person who lacks courage
Cold fish: a dull and uninteresting person. Also used to describe a weak handshake
Coyote: an ugly person
Dog: a worthless person or an ugly woman
Egg-head: a smart, but dull, person
Fox: an attractive woman
Go Ape: to get very excited about something
Goose: an idiot or stupid person

小鸡:没有勇气的人,懦夫
冷鱼:冷冰冰缺乏热情的人。也可以形容握手的时候很软,没有劲道
山狗:很丑的人
狗:没用的人或丑女人
蛋头:很聪明但没什么意思、呆瓜,书呆子
狐狸:有魅力的女人
像猿人似的:对某件事非常兴奋、激动
鹅:白痴或笨蛋

1) Innovative(创新的): creative with new fresh ideas
That is a very innovative training course.
这项培训课程是很有创新。
2) Objectives(目标): goals, plans for the future
My objective is to find a job where the office manager isn't such a jerk.
我的目标是找这样一份老板不是这样一个笨蛋的工作。
3) Predominatly(重要的,主要的): mostly, usually
The class is predominatly made up of girls.
这堂课主要是为女孩子设计的。
4) Seminar(研讨会): short training course
Toady's seminar deals with learning about customer relations.
今天的研讨会主要是学习如何处理与消费者的关系。
5) Workshop(学习小组): a hands-on group learning session
We had a writing workshop at the educational seminar.

我们的教育研讨会有一个写作小组。

1) Basics(基础、底子): important simple ideas, a start, a foundation
I have the basics down.
我有些底子。
2) Customary(惯例): following the traditions of business and culture
It is customary to say your name as you shake someone's hand for the first time.
第一次见面握对方手的同时介绍自己的名字是一种惯例。
3) Chicken(胆小鬼、懦夫): afraid, a coward
He was a chicken, so he ran away from the beautiful girl.
他是个胆小鬼,所以他在漂亮女孩面前跑掉了。
4) Eye contact(目光交流): looking into each other's eyes
While you talk with the interviewer, always face him or her and keep eye contact at all times.
和面试你的人交谈时,要一直面向他/她,并保持目光交流。
5) Handle it(处理,解决): deal with it, control it
Can you handle driving a car for seven hours straight?
你能连开7个小时车吗?

1) Never say "ok". It is rude and it is a weak way to say "yes". Saying only "Ok" shows that you are not interested or that you don't really understand.
永远不要说:“OK”。说“OK”粗鲁,而且它是表达肯定意思的一种比较弱的说法。如果只说“OK”意味着你并不感兴趣或你并没有真正明白。

2) It is customary to never say "yes" when you mean no. If someone asks you if you understand (and you don't understand), don't say, "Yes, yes, yes." It is better to say, "sorry, I don't understand."
如果你要表达否定的意思,习惯的做法就是永远也不要说“yes”。如果有人问你是不是真明白了,(而你又不明白),不要说“Yes, yes, yes”(是,是,是),还不如说“对不起,我不明白”。

3) Never say "no" when you mean yes. If your boss asks if you think you are a good worker, say "yes". If your friend offers you some water, and you are thirsty, say "yes". Unlike in China, Westerners will only ask once.
如果你的意思是“是”,那就千万别说“No”。如果你的老板问你,你是不是个好员工,你要说“是”。如果你的朋友给你水喝,而你又口渴,就说“是”。这和中国不同,西方人只问一次。

4) When you talk with someone, never look away from their face. Try looking into their eyes, that is customary and polite. Keep eye contact at all times. Smiling a little always helps.
当你与别人说话时千万不要把目光从他/她的脸上移开。试着看着对方的眼睛。这是一种惯例也是一种礼貌。要一直进行目光交流。微笑也很有帮助。

1) Convenient (方便、便捷): easy, quick
Have a store that is open 24 hours a day is very convenient.
有一个昼夜营业的商店是很方便的。
2) I swear (我发誓

,我保证): I promise
I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
我发誓说出真相,整个真相,完完全全的真相。
3) Luggage (行李、提包、提箱): baggage, bags, suitcase
The airline lost my luggage again.
飞机又把我的行李弄丢了。
4) Packing (打包): filling your bags
Finish packing your suitcase so we can get going.
把你的手提箱准备好,我们就可以出发了。
5) Procrastinate (耽搁、推迟): delay, wait until later
You should never procrastinate when it comes top studying for a test.
永远不要耽误学习重要的准备考试。
6) Yeah right (没有、不可能): no, now way.
Bill is a good boy. Yeah right!
比尔是个好男孩儿。不可能!

1) Culture shock (文化冲击,为文化的差异而感到震惊): being amazed at the diverences in culture
I got culture shock when I visited a small village in Africa.
我参观非洲一个小村子时为文化的差异而感到震惊。
2) Deal with it (解决,处理): work it out, fix it, handle it
Can you help me deal with getting a visa?
你能帮我处理办签证的事吗?
Deal with it yourself.
你自己处理吧。
3) Diverse (多样的): many different ways, colorful
Because of its positive immigration policies, Canada has a diverse set of minorities.
由于积极的移民政策,加拿大有很多少数民族。
4) Regular basis (经常): often
I brush my teeth on a regular basis.
我经常刷牙。
5) Running around like a chicken with its head cut off (像只没头苍蝇似的,形容紧张,举动失常): being nervous, acting crazy
When I lost my money, I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.
丢钱的时候,我就像只没头苍蝇似的坐立不安的。

Lesson: 课文
Things you should never do while hosting a foreign guest or visiting manager.
1) Never offer them cigarettes. That is what rude dudes do!
2) Do not make them eat strange food just to see if they can deal with it.
3) Never run around like a chicken with its head cut off.
4) Never make fun of someone if they have culture shock.
接待外国客人或来访经理时的禁忌:
1)切记不要向他们敬烟,那是无礼之徒的举动!
2)不要让他们吃些奇怪的事物而在旁边看笑话。
3)不要像只没头苍蝇似的慌慌张张。
5)如果有人因文化差异而吃惊,不要取笑他。

1) cousin
I have two male, and three female cousins.
我有两个表哥(弟)和三个表姐(妹)。
2) Nephew (侄子、外甥,你的兄弟姐妹的儿子): the son of your sibling
My nephew is only five years old, but

he speaks three languages.
我的侄子才五岁,可是他能说三种语言。
3) Niece (侄女、外甥女,你的兄弟姐妹的女儿): your sibling's daughter
4) Maternal (母亲那面的、母方的):On my mother's side
My Maternal grandmother is 80 years old this week.我的外婆这星期80高寿了。
5) Aunt/Uncle (姑妈、姨妈/叔叔、舅舅,你父母的兄弟姐妹): sibling of your parent
6) Great Aunt, great uncle (你父母的姑妈、姨妈,叔叔、舅舅): the aunt of your parent
My great Uncle is a banker in Florida.我的叔爷是佛罗里达的银行家。
7) Sibling (兄弟姐妹): one's brother or sister
I have 5 siblings, three bothers and two sisters.我兄妹五个,三个哥哥,两个妹妹。

1) Beverage(饮料): drinks, soft drinks, soda
I need a beverage to wash down this delicious hamburger.
我需要来点饮料来就这个美味汉堡包。
2) Convenient(方便的): easy, good anytime
It is convenient to live near a store that is open all night.
住在一家整夜都开门的商店附近真方便。
3) French-fries(法式炸薯条): Fried pieces of potatoes.
Everybody loves French fries, but not everybody loves France.
每个人都喜欢法式炸薯条,但不是人人都喜欢法国。
4) Burger(汉堡包): A piece of beef between bread.
Please give me 3 burgers and a Pepsi.
给我来三个汉堡包和一杯百事可乐。
5) Out of order(坏了): broken, not working
The ice cream machine is out of order.冰淇淋机坏了。

1) Joint (餐厅:地点,餐馆): place, restaurant
Let's go to the burger joint on the corner.让我们到街角那家汉堡包店去。
2) Super size (特大号:非常非常的大): very, very large
Please super-size my meal, I am ver hungry.给我来一份特大号的快餐,我很饿。
3) Take away (带走:带回家吃): carry out, eat at home
You don't pay tax on take away, but you do pay tax on food you eat in the restaurant.
如果把食物带走你不需要交纳额外的税金。但是如果在餐馆吃你需要多付食物税。
4) Value Meal (经济套餐:一些比较便宜的食物): a cheaper group of food, set meal
The value meal includes a burger, some French fries and the beverage of your choice.
经济套餐包括汉堡包、法式炸薯条和你喜欢的饮料。
5) Upgrade (提高:改善): to make better
I would like to upgrade my airplane seat to first class.
我想把我飞机上的座位调到头等舱。

1) Hello, may I take your order? What do you want to eat?
2) Do you want to upgrade that to a super value meal? Do you want to pay more money for a bigger drink and French-fries?
3) Happy Meal: A s

et meal for little kids that includes a toy.
4) Can I get you anything else? Do you still want anything?
5) Is that for here or to go? Do you want to eat in the restaurant or take it to eat some place else? (Take away)
6) The machine is out of order. The machine is broken.
7) What kind of beverage would you like with that? What do you want to drink?
8) Your total is.... You have to pay....this much money.
一些你经常在快餐店能提到的问题:
1) 您好,您现在点餐吗?您想吃点什么?
2) 您想不想来一份超值经济套餐?您想不想加点钱来一个大号的饮料和法式炸薯条?
3) 快乐套餐:为儿童准备的有玩具的套餐。
4) 您还要点其它的东西吗?您还要其它的东西吗?
5) 是在这儿吃还是带走?您是想在餐厅用餐,还是想在其它地方用餐?
6) 这个机器坏了,这个机器不能正常工作了。
7) 您想点什么样的饮料?您想喝点什么?
8) 一共是……您应该付……

1) Except (除了): all but this one
All of the students did well except Tom.除了汤姆,所有的学生都做得很好。
2) Look on the bright side (看事情积极的一面,乐观一点儿): see the good points, be positive
Look on the bright side, you may have no job, but now you have free time to play video games all day.
乐观一点儿看,你现在虽然没有工作,可你现在整天都有时间玩儿电子游戏。
3) On track (在轨道上,进行顺利): doing well, keeping to the schedule
My education is right on track - next year I will graduate.
我的教育一直很顺利,明年我就毕业了。
4) The pits (不好的,很差): bad, the worst
Having to clean my room is the pits.迫于无奈打扫房间,真是烦透了。
5) Taking stock (评估,打分): evaluating, scoring
I was taking stock of my career and I realized I still have a long way to go.
我对自己的事业进行了评估,发现需要做的事还太多了。

1) Compete (竞争): to have a contest, a challenge
Our soccer team will compete for first place.我们的足球队将角逐冠军。
2) Compare (比较): rate with another
Let's compare feet size - mine are much bigger!
我们来比以下谁的脚大 - 我的比你的大多了。
3) Humble (谦逊的,不自大的): modest, not pompous
Even though Jacky is a great fighter he is humble about it.
虽然杰克很棒的拳击手,他对此却很谦虚。
4) Pompous (自大的,认为自己别人都强): to think you are better than everyone else
My pompous British teacher says all Americans are stupid.
我那个自大的英国老师说所有的美国人都很愚蠢。
5) Serious (认真的,重要的): important, set on so

mething
John is serious about studying German.约翰对学习德语很认真。

1) When we play sports we almost always keep score, this is not pompous. This is friendly competition and it is healthy.
我们进行体育运动的时候总是想要得分,这不是自大,而是友好的竞争,是有利于健康的。
2) We never compete when it comes to money. It is rude to talk about salary in the West. Never say you make more than your friend.
我们从不在钱的问题上互相攀比。在西方国家谈工资的问题是不礼貌的,永远不要说你比朋友赚得多。
3) Being a little humble is important to show you are not pompous. Don't boast about how you are the best.
 谦虚一点儿是很重要的,可以证明你不是一个自大的人。不要吹牛说你有多么棒。
4) Don't be too humble. Be proud about your skills and job and experience, but show off in a polite way. If someone asks if you are good at something, you can tell them the truth.
 不要太过谦虚。应该对你的技能、工作和经验感到骄傲,但是一定要用一种礼貌的方式表示。如果有人问你你的特长是什么,不妨直言相告。

1) Get worked up (心烦、生气): let something bother you, be upset
Don't get worked up over your boss being mean to you.不要因为你老板对你不好心烦
2) Look down (开起来伤心,沮丧): to seem sad, look depressed
Mr. Ed looked really down after his girlfriend left him.
女友离开后艾德先生看起来很伤心。
3) No big deal (简单,不难): easy, not difficult
Taking that test was no big deal.那个考试很简单。
4) Take my mind off of (使不再思考或担忧某事): think about something else
Playing chess helps me to take my mind of money problems.
下棋使我不再为钱的问题犯愁。
5) Tons (很多): a lot, many
That rich man has tons of money.这个富翁有大把大把的钱。

1) Awesome (了不起的): great, wonderful
Harvard University has an awesome Law School.哈佛大学的法律学院很了不起。
2) Bunch (很多): a lot, many
The USA has a bunch of excellent universities to choose from.
美国有很多好大学可供选择。
3) Novice (新手、初学者): beginner, new to something
Cherry is a novice driver, so she drives very slow.
琪瑞刚学会开车,所以开得很慢。
4) Specifically (特定地): specially for, distinct
This software is specifically made for IBM computers only.
这个软件是为IBM的电脑特制的。
5) Undergraduate (在校本科生): a four-year degree (Bachelors Degree)
My smart sister is an undergraduate student at Yale.
我的妹妹很聪明,是耶鲁大学的本科生。

1) Application Form: You

must fill out one for every college that you want to apply to. Every college has its own application form. They are usually very similar. Usually the better the college, the more questions they ask.
申请表:你必须给每一所要申请的大学填写一张申请表。每个大学都有自己 的申请表,通常很相似。越好的学校提的问题越多。
2) Transcript: A record of your high school classes and grades. You must ask your high school to send one to every school that you apply to.
成绩单:一份中学课程和成绩的记录。你必须要求你所在的中学给每一所你 要申请的大学发一份成绩单。
3) Recommendation Letters: A letter written by your teacher that describes what you are like. The teacher writes it and then gives it to the student in a sealed envelope or mails it to the college directly. The student is not allowed to see the letter.
推荐信:一封由你的老师写的评估信。老师写好后封进信封里交给学生或直接寄到大学。学生不允许看信的内容。
4) Essays: Better colleges make you write one or more essays on the topics that they give you. These essays are short; only one to two pages long.
论文:较好的大学会让你根据指定的题目写一篇或几篇论文。这些论文通常很短,只有一到 两页。
5) Application Fee 申请费
Every college charges you a fee for applying to their college: 10 to 50 dollars.
每所大学都会收十到五十美元的申请费。
6) Entrance Exam: There are 2 different exams for Undergraduate college. You must take one of them.
入学考试:有两种大学入学考试,你必须参加其中一种。

1) Always say more than yes or no. Answer in complete sentences.
回答问题时不要仅仅停在简单的“是”或“不是”上。回答时尽量用完整的句子。
If you just say YES while answering a question, you end a conversation. Do not travel down a DEAD END STREET. Say more than yes or no. When studying English, if you are asked a question, it will help you to incorporate the entire question into the answer.
在回答问题的时候,如果你仅仅停留在“是”上,对话往往到此为止。不要走死胡同。除了说“是”或“不是”以外,再多说点。你会发现,在学习英语的时候,如果把整个问句嵌入回答中将会非常有帮助。
Can you operate a PC?
Yes, I can operate a PC. Now you are open to say more about your computer skills.
现在你就可以敞开谈你的电脑技巧了。
Can you operate this computer system?
Yes, I can operate many computer systems, such as Power Point, CAD, Word Perfect and various Internet programs.
2) Feel free to ask polite questions. If you don't understand what someone said, or what they want, use the following questions:
不要怯于礼貌地提问。如果你不明白某人说的话,或

者不明白意图,就可以问下面的问题:
I don't understand, please repeat.
Say again? What? Pardon? Say what? Huh? What's that? Come again?
Sorry? I didn't hear you, sorry?
3) Compliment your friends and co-workers.
赞扬你的朋友和同事。
Good job, well done. You wrote a great report.
Thanks a bunch for your compliment.
My pleasure. Other compliments:
Super duper, keep it up, A#1, Right On, two thumbs up, well done.
4) Bring a notebook to work or to class or on walks. Try to write down the English names of the places you go and the things you see. Put tags on desks, lamps, refrigerators etc...
在工作时或去教室或散步的时候挟带一部笔记本电脑。试着写下你要去的地方和你看到的事物的名字。把标签贴在桌上、灯上、和冰箱上。
5) Try teaching Chinese friend some English. If you are a student, it is ok to forget the lesson, but the Teacher who presents the lesson will never forget. So turn the learners into teachers. Try this a few times a week, or better yet, 20 minutes a everyday. You can teach each other. (This is everyday English after all)
试着给中国朋友教英语。如果你是一个学生,忘记以前学过的课程没有关系,但是讲课的老师却不会轻易忘记讲过的课。因此现在我们把学生和老师的角色转换一下。每周都试着这样做几次,或者更好的做法是每天用20分钟来做这样的练习。你们可以互相教对方。(毕竟这是每日英语呀。)
6) Smile. Learning English is fun, so have a good time. English now, but fun all the time.
现在对自己笑一笑。学习英语是一件很有趣的事,因此尽情享受学英语的过程。现在学英语,轻松伴永远。

Don't be a Rude Dude! (an impolite person)
别作鲁莽人--这是第一次有人告诉你不应做什么!
Safety first. Better safe than sorry. Always be safe.
安全第一。安全第一比事后道歉要更好。永远追求安全第一。
1) Always wear your safety seat belt when you are in a car. Always! No exceptions! Even if you are in the back seat, it is polite to wear a seat belt. It may seem like a hassle, but it is safe and it is the law. If you are the driver, you should ask your passengers to "please put on your seat belts."
在车上永远要系安全带。永远!即使你是坐在后车座,系上安全带也是礼貌的行为,而且这是法律。如果是你在开车,就应该告诉乘客“请把安全带系上”。
2) Don't make fun of someone because they put on a seat belt.
不要因为他人系上安全带而对其进行嘲弄。
3) Never smoke inside a car. Smoking can cause fires. Smoking is dangerous. Of course, never drink and drive. You shouldn't even drink one beer, if your are planning on driving.
在房间和靠近床的地方不要吸烟。

吸烟会引起火灾,吸烟也很危险。当然,更不要酒后驾驶。如果您计划开车,一个啤酒也不要喝。
4) Don't be afraid to ask if something is safe. Safety first, then fun. Example: That bus looks dangerous, can we just walk instead? Or: I don't think we should climb this tree, it looks dangerous.
如果有什么事情是不安全的话,尽管问。安全第一,然后才是娱乐。举例:那个车看起来很危险,让我们以步代车吧。或者:我认为我们不应该爬那棵树,那样显得很危险。
5) Always wear safety clothing when building things or working with tools. Remember, Safety first. It is better to be safe, than sorry.
在进行建筑施工和使用工具的时候要永远穿安全服。记住安全第一。不要因疏忽导致悲剧。
1) I don't agree:
I don't agree that English is the most important language.
我不同意英语是世界上最重要的语言的看法。
2) I see your point, but you are incorrect.我理解你的意思,可是我不同意你的观点。
3) I see you point that English is important, but Chinese is more important.
我明白你说的是英语很重要,但是我认为中文更重要。
4) You're not seeing the whole picture.你没有看到全局,你说的只对了一半
You came late to class, so you're not seeing the whole picture.
你上课来晚了,所以你没有看到事情的全部经过。
5) No way (没门, 不可能)
No way, you are wrong about the price of rice in China."
不可能,你弄错了中国的大米价格。
6) In your dreams (做梦吧,你)
In your dreams, there is no way Bill Clinton will be president again.
做梦去吧,比尔·克林顿不会连任总统。
7) Are you blind? (你是在睁着眼睛说瞎话吗?)
Are you blind, my girlfriend is prettier than yours!
你没看错吧,我的女朋友比你的女朋友漂亮!
8) Get out of town (没门)
Get out of town, my handsome boyfriend is much stronger than yours.
没门,我的帅哥男友比你的男友壮多了。

1) Criticize(v) (批评): point out the bad facts, look down on
The teacher criticized me for doing poorly on the final exam.
我因为期末考试成绩不好,受到老师的批评。
2) Go Dutch (v)(平分帐单): share the bill, every one pays for themselves at dinner
My buddies and me always go Dutch when we eat at restaurants.
我和我的伙伴们到饭馆吃饭的时候总是平分帐单。
3) Improper(adj.) (不合适的,不恰当的): wrong, bad, out of place
It is improper to wear shorts to a job interview.在面试的时候不应该穿短裤。
4) Pick(v) (用手指挖鼻子耳朵等): rub, clean with your finger
The boy sat in the corner picking his ear.坐在角落里的那个男孩正在挖耳朵。
5) Treat(v)(请客) to invite, to pay for

another person
It would be my pleasure to treat a girl as beautiful as you to an expensive dinner.
能请你这么漂亮的女孩到豪华餐厅吃饭是我的荣幸。

相关文档
最新文档