指路的英语表达方式
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
Can you tell me the way to the station? (火车站)
Go straight ahead and turn left at the traffic lights.
沿这条路一直向前走,在红绿灯那儿向左转。
问路:
a. Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the museum? (博物馆)
b. Could you tell me how I can get to the museum? (博物馆)
c. Would you please tell me where the post office is? (邮局)
d. Excuse me, but please tell me how to get to the railway station? (火车站)
e. Excuse me, but I'm trying to find a chemist's shop. 对不起,我要找一家药店。
f. Would you please tell me if there is a hospital nearby? 请问附近有医院吗?
g. Is the zoo far from here? 动物园离这儿远吗?
h. Will it take long to get to the airport? 去机场要很长时间吗?
回答别人问路:
a. Go along the street until you come to the traffic lights. 沿这条路一直走到红绿灯那儿。
b. Turn right / left at the second crossing. (Take the second turning on the right / left.) 在第二个十字路口向右/ 左转弯。
c. Take a number 46 bus, and get off at the square. 坐46路公共汽车,在广场下车。
d. It's on the corner of Huaihai Street and Xizang Road. 在淮海路和西藏路的路口。
e. Go straight ahead along the bund and then turn left. 沿着外滩往前走,然后往走转弯。
It's only about ten minutes' walk.那儿离这儿只有走大约10分钟的路。
It is three miles to the lake. 这儿离湖有3英里的路程。
My home is not far from here. It's only five minutes' walk. 我家离这儿不远,走5分钟就到。It is one hour' ride from Shanghai to Suzhou. 从上海坐车到苏州有1小时的路程。
The post office is two blocks away. 邮局离这儿两个街区的距离。
Simpson Hall is on the corner of Bellflower Boulevard and Atlantic Avenue. (T) 辛普森楼位于贝尔弗劳尔大道和大西洋街的街角上。
There is a post office at / on the corner of Smith Street and Beach Road. 史密斯街和海湾路的十字路口有个邮局。
The dog slept comfortably in the corner of the room. 那条狗在屋角舒服地睡觉。
I was about to cross the street when a car came round the corner. 我正要过马路,这时拐角处开来一辆汽车。
街道的名称可使用avenue, street和boulevard。Avenue(宽阔的林荫大道,尤其指美国城市里纵向的街道,)与其交叉的横道称为street。boulevard也是林荫大道。
Then walk two blocks straight ahead until you come to Cherry Avenue.然后一直向前走过两个街区,直到切里街。
There's a bus stop across the street on the corner of Cherry and Bellflower.在街对面,切里街和贝尔弗劳尔大道的转角上有一个公共汽车站。
本句中across the street意思相当于on the other side of the street。
Take a number 10 bus going down Cherry.乘沿切里街行驶的10路公共汽车。
乘公共汽车, 火车, 电梯等都可以用动词take:
Take the elevator to the second floor.
My brother is going to take a ship for Wuhan.
going down Cherry是修饰bus的定语。down在这里是介词,表示“沿着”,常和along替换使用。
Then turn to the right and walk one block along Second to the corner of Orange Avenue. 然后向左拐,沿着第二街走,穿过一条马路,到奥兰治街的街角。
这句中的along也可改用down。又如:
The boat went down / along the river. 小船顺河而下。
If you follow these directions, you won't have any trouble.如果你按照上述指引做的话,到保罗的寓所去是没有什么困难的。
A : Excuse me. Could you tell me the way to get to the post office from here?
B : Sure. Walk along Second Avenue and you can see it on the right. It's between the shoe store and the shopping mall.
A : Thank you very much.