高二英语必修5Unit13 People课文翻译
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
Unit13 People
Warm-up 热身
Listen to the police description.
听警方的描述
Which people in the photo below are the police looking for?
下面图片中的哪个人是警方要找的对象
Police are looking for four people in connection with a crime.
警方正在寻找与案件有关的四个嫌疑人
They were last seen in the London area.
他们最后一次出现是在伦敦
The first is a white man.
第一个是白人
He is quite tall with short, dark hair.
他个头很高,留着黑色的短发
He was last seen wearing a black baseball cap, a blue long-sleeve shirt and sunglasses.
他最后一次出现时戴着一顶黑色的棒球帽、一副太阳镜,穿着一件蓝色的长袖衬衫。
The second is a white man wearing glasses.
第二个是戴着眼镜的白人
He has little hair and was last seen wearing a white shirt and holding books under his arm.
他头发很少,最后一次出现时穿着白色的衬衫,腋下夹着书
The third is a black woman.
第三个是黑人妇女
She has short hair and was last seen wearing a black and white T-shirt with a gold chain around her neck. 她留着短发,最后一次出现时穿着黑白相同的T恤,脖子上戴着金项链。
The fourth person is an old white man.
第四个人是一个白人老头
He has grey hair and a gray beard and was last seen wearing glasses and a blue, white and red shirt.
他有着灰白的头发和灰白的胡子,最后一次出现时戴着眼镜,穿着蓝色、白色、红色相间的衬衫。
If you see any of these people, please contact...
如果你看见上述任何一人,请与...联系。
Lesson 1 EQ:IQ.
Success comes with a high EQ.
成功来自于高情商
Most students do an IQ test early in their school career.
大部分学生在开始学习生涯之前都会进行智商测试
Even if they never see their results they feel that their IQ is what determines how well they are going to do in life. 即使他们看不测试结果,他们认为智商决定了他们将来生活的好坏。
When they see other students doing better than them they usually believe that those students have a higher IQ and that there is nothing they can do to change facts.
当他们看到别人做得比他好的时候,他总是愿意相信那些学生的智商比自己高,自己做什么也改变不了这个事实。
However, new research into EQ suggests that success is not simply the result of a high IQ.
然而,关于情商新的研究指出显示成功不简单地依靠高智商
While your IQ tells you how intelligent you are,your EQ tells you how well you use your intelligence.
你的智商表明你的聪明程度,而你的情商则表明你能否很好的利用聪明才智
Professor Salovey, who invented the term EQ, gives the following description.
萨洛维教授提出情商这一概念并对其做了如下解释
At work, it is IQ that gets you hired but it is EQ that gets you promoted.
在职场上,一个人的智商决定了他能否被录用,而情商则决定了他能否得到提拔
Supported by his academic research
在他的学术研究基础上
Professor Salovey suggests that when predicting someone's future success their character, as measured by EQ tests, might actually matter more than their IQ.
萨洛维教授提出:在预测一个人未来的成功时,他们的性格,即通过情商测试来测量,也许比他的智商更为重要。
Professor Salovey may be correct.
萨洛维教授也许是对的
For example, have you ever wondered why some of the smartest students in your class who you think deserve good grades, sometimes end up failing exams?
例如,你是否有过这样的困惑:为什么班里有些聪明的学生,你认为应该得到好的分数却难过考试关?
Perhaps their failure is because of their low EQ.
他们的失败也许是因为他们的情商低
People are often mistaken in thinking that those with high IQs always have high EQs as well.
人们经常错误地认为高智商的人总是拥有高情商
This association can exist but it is just as possible for someone with a low IQ to have a high EQ or someone with a high IQ to have a low EQ.
这种联系可能存在,但是一个低智商的人有高情商或者一个高情商的人有低智商也是有可能的。
It is generally believed that people with high EQs are open to new ideas and have positive attitudes towards life. 人们通常相信高情商的人善于接受新观点,对生活持积极的态度,
They are also less likely to be troubled by problems.
他们较少被问题所困扰
On the other hand, there is little doubt that people with low EQs often have problems getting on with other people and dealing with difficult situations thus they have a harder time surviving in life.
另一方面,毫无疑问的是低情商的人,经常在与别人相处和处理困难时有问题,因此生活得比较艰难。
People generally believe that a person's IQ is determined by birth.
一个人的情商被认为是与生俱来的
However, most social scientists agree that EQ has a lot to do with education.
然而,大多数的社会科学家都同意情商与教育有很大关系。
Some are trying to study the possibility of improving a person's EQ especially in terms of "people skills", such as understanding and communication.
一些人试图研究提高情商的可能性,特别是“人类技能”方面,例如理解和沟通能力。
Professor Mayer, recognised by many as a leading expert in the study of changes to people's EQs recently announced the results of a study on senior high school students.
梅耶教授被公认为是情商变化这一研究领域权威专家,他最近公布了一项对中学生的研究结果。
When normal students were introduced to students with disabilities they found that, afterwards, the normal students were more willing to help people with difficulties.
在一些正常的学生被介绍与一些残疾学生认识后,他们发现正常的学生比以前乐于去帮助处于困境的人们。
They also showed a better understanding of the disabled students' feelings ,compared to students who had not been involved in the study.
同其他没有参加研究的学生相比,他们更能理解残疾学生的情感。
There was also an obvious change in the disabled students' attitudes.
同时,那些残疾学生的态度也发生了明显的变化。
They became more positive about life and more wiling to try new things.
他们对生活的态度更加积极,也更愿意尝试新鲜事物。
The results of studies such as these show that EQ is as important if not more important than IQ.
像这样的研究结果表明情商如果不是比智商更重要,也是与智商同样重要。
To get ahead in the world and lead a happy successful life
在这个世界中生存并快乐的生活,
means getting on with other people and being able to understand and react to situations in the best way possible.
意味着能够与其他人很好的相处能理解形势并以最好的方式做出反应
This requires a high EQ - the higher the better.
这需要高的情商--越高越好
And the fact that it might be possible to raise EQs
情商是可以提高的这一事实
means that schools need to make sure
意味着学校需要保证
that their students are receiving the education they really need
学生接受他们真正的教育
and know that their futures are not entirely determined by their IQs.
并且指导他们的未来并不全是由智商决定的。
Lesson 2 Personalities and Jobs.性格与工作
Listen to a class discussion and answer the questions.
听班级的讨论,并回答问题
Use the Listening Strategies to help you.
用听力技巧帮助你
Today we are going to focus on jobs and personalities.
今天我们关注一下工作和性格
Think of some jobs and what kinds of people do them.
想一想工作以及从事那些工作的人
What characteristics do these people have?
这些人有什么样的性格?
Er... people who work with computers are usually quiet, shy people.
嗯,与电脑打交道的人通常安静、害羞
Xiao Dong, what's your reaction to that?
小东,对这种说法你有什么看法?
Do you agree?
你同意吗?
To some extent, yes. They're also not usually very athletic.
从某种程度上同意,他们通常也不很爱运动来
But it seems to me that they have to be creative.
但是在我看来,他们很有创造力。
You're right there. Next, Li Liang.
你是对的,下一个,李亮
A tour guide.
一个导游
I'm certain that this is a very exciting job.
我确定这是份非常令人兴奋的工作
Tour guides need to be independent, outgoing and have a desire to share information.
导游需要独立、外向、愿意与人分享信息。
They must also be able to deal with many different situations and problems.
他们也必须能够处理许多不同的情况和问题。
What do you think Cao Wen?
曹文,你怎么认为呢?
I agree.
我同意
I think tour guides must also get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing other people enjoying themselves. 我认为导游在看到其他人玩的很开心的时候就会拥有极大的满足感。
That's a good point... Other jobs?
这点不错,其他工作呢?
Farmers. As I see it, farmers are very important.
农民,我认为农民非常重要。
Without their harvests every year, we would all go hungry!
没有他们每年的收获,我们都会挨饿哦
And their characteristics?
那他们的性格呢?
A farmer needs to be patient and know a lot about animal biology.
农民需要有耐心,还需要对动物生物学非常了解。
Also, the weather is hard on farmers but they must never give up.
还有,天气对农民的影响也很大,但是他们必须坚持不懈。
Right, but that's true for everyone, isn't it?
是的,但是对每个人来说都是这样,不是吗
Mm, yes.
嗯是的
I'd like to be a farmer and grow fruit like pineapple and peaches
我想做一个农民,种植像菠萝、桃之类的水果
but I think I prefer to work in the city!
不过我想我还是比较喜欢在城里工作
I'd like to be a cook in a big hotel.
我想做一个大饭店里的厨师
Cooks also have to be creative
厨师必须富有创造力
and they need to be able to handle a kitchen and get things done on time. 他们需要厨艺非凡,按时备好饭菜。
I think you'd make a great cook, Wang Shu.
王舒,我觉得你描述了一个很棒的厨师
OK, what about some other jobs?
好的,其他工作呢?
I would have thought that some of you might like to work in...
我想有些人可能想在...工作
Medicine? Doctors and nurses?
医药?医生和护士呢?
Yes, good.
是的,很好
What kind of a person is a doctor or a nurse?
医生或护士性格怎么样?
Does anyone have views on this?
有人对这个职业有什么看法吗?
I feel that to be a nurse takes a lot of kindness.
我觉得护士应该很善良
They have to be very caring people and are willing to help others.
他们必须很会照顾人,也很乐意帮助别人。
Yes, they certainly can't be selfish.
是的,他们肯定不能自私。
I couldn't agree more.
我再同意不过了
What about a doctor?
医生呢?
They need to be kind too - and good listeners.
他们也得很善良-很好的倾听者。
They should also be confident so that people trust them. 他们也要有自信,那样人们才会信任他们
I'm hoping to be a doctor.
我想做一名医生
That's cool! Good for you!
那很酷,祝你好运
So many jobs require getting on well with other people. 这么多的工作都需要与别人很好的相处。
Can you think of any jobs where this isn't a requirement? 你们能想出什么工作没有这个要求吗?
We'll discuss this tomorrow...
我们明天讨论这个话题
Listen to the dialogues and complete the Function File.
听对话完成文档
Dialogue 1.对话1
Did you know that Alice can speak three languages?
你知道安丽丝会说三种语音吗?
Really? I find that very hard to believe.
真的吗?我觉得很难相信
She's only five.
她只有5岁而已
But it's true! Ask her mother!
但是那是真的,问问她妈妈
Dialogue 2.对话2
I feel that airlines should not allow new-born babies aboard their long distance flights. 我觉得航空公司不应该让新出生的婴儿搭乘长途飞机。
Mm, I quite agree.
嗯,我非常同意
There's nothing worse than listening to a crying baby for 12 hours.
没有什么比12小时一直听婴儿哭更糟糕的了。
Dialogue 3.对话3
I've just seen Ian holding a bunch of flowers and walking into a restaurant.
我看见伊恩拿着一束花走进了一家饭店。
That's interesting.
真有趣
He told me he was going to the library!
他跟我说他要去图书馆
I wonder why he lied.
我想知道他为什么要撒谎
Maybe he's too shy to tell you he has a new girlfriend!
可能是他太害羞了,不敢告诉你他有女朋友了
Dialogue 4.
Do you remember what I said about making hay while the sun shines?
你还记得我对抓紧时机是怎么说的吗?
Yes.
记得
Well, it means that when things are going well you should make the best of them 嗯,就是说当事情发展很好时,你就应该好坏利用。
so, because my boss was pleased with my report
那么,因为我老板对我的报告很满意。
I asked for extra vacation and got it.
我就跟他要了额外的假期,结果我成功了
That's great!
太棒了
Dialogue 5.
It really makes me mad when Jim sings at work.
吉姆上班时唱歌真让人难以忍受
I also hate shaking hands with him.
我还讨厌和他握手
His hands are always damp!
他的手总是湿湿的
And he wears such terrible clothes, like that pink shirt!
他还穿很难看的衣服,像那件粉色的T恤
Anything else?
还有什么吗?
Yes! I really dislike it when he eats garlic for lunch.
有,我讨厌他午餐吃大蒜。
He has terrible breath for the rest of the day!
一个下午都是那种难闻的味道。
So I guess you'll be looking for a new assistant soon!
那么我请你再尽快寻找一个新助理
Dialogue 6.
I heard that the weather is going to change this weekend.
我听说这周末天气有变化。
Will we still go camping if it's raining?
如果下雨我们还露营吗?
We'll only go camping if the sun is shining.
晴天我们才去露营。
Otherwise we'll go to the cinema and watch the new Jackie Chan movie. 否则我们就去电影院看成龙的新电影
Right. I just wanted to see what the back-up plan was.
好的,我只是想知道备用计划是什么而已
Listen to the sentences.
听句子
Repeat and draw arrows to show rising or falling intonations.
跟读并用箭头表示降调和升调
Would you? That's great!
真的吗?太棒了!
You're right there!
你对了
That's excellent.
那好极了
That's cool! Good for you!
那很酷!祝你好运!
Comparing Cultures.
比较文化
Listen to a man and a woman talking about English people.
听一对男女在讨论英国人
What adjectives do they use?
他们用了哪些形容词
How would you describe Chinese people?
你怎样形容中国人
Isn't it funny how we imagine people from a country have a certain personality or character? 我们想象来自一个国家的人都有某种性格特征的方式很有趣是吗?
What do you mean?
你的意思是?
You know, like English people are supposed to be very cool
你知道,像英国人应该非常酷
sociable, but very calm and cool.
善于交际,但又非常沉着冷静
And also honest and reliable.
还是诚实可靠的
Well, I know some English people who are quite the opposite.
我认识的一些英国人却截然相反
Yes, that's what I mean.
是的,那就是我说的意思
These descriptions of national character aren't really true.
这些对民族性格的描述并不一定正确
Lesson 3 Making Guesses about People.猜测人们
Listening.
Listen to the dialogue and complete the gaps.
听对话并完成填空
Have you heard anything about the two missing students?
你听到两个失踪学生的消息了吗?
I think my French tutor might know one of them.
我觉得我的法语老师可能认识其中一个。
I saw she had tears running down her cheeks at lunch today
今天中午吃饭时我看见她在哭
and one of the other teachers gave her a hug.
另一个老师给了她一个拥抱安慰她
I heard about it from the news report on TV last night
我是昨晚从电视新闻里听到的
but haven't heard anything more since then.
但是从那以后就没听到进一步报道了
Their friends are really upset and have been waiting anxiously for more news.
他们的朋友很担心,焦急的等着更多消息。
I can't believe that they've been missing on the mountains for three days now!
我简直不敢相信他们在山上都失踪三天了
They must be so frightened!
他们一定很害怕
I wonder how they got lost and whose fault it was.
我想知道他们怎么会失踪,到底是谁的错
They may have been separated from the other students
他们可能跟其他同学走散了
and couldn't hear anyone when the thunder started.
打雷的时候又听不见其他人的声音
Or they might have fallen behind and taken the wrong path.
或者是他们可能掉队了,走错了路
Maybe.
可能吧
Or they could have gone exploring on their own
或者是他们独自走着
and lost their way back to the group.
后来就找不到归队的路了
I hate to think how they must be feeling right now.
我不愿去想他们现在的感觉
It's so cold at the moment.
现在这么冷。
They must be freezing!
他们肯定冻坏了
I hope they have warm jackets made of wool.
我希望他们穿着羊毛大衣
They might be sheltering in a cave.
他们可能在洞里躲着呢
Or they could be in one of those empty cottages near the pine trees right at the top of the mountain. 或者他们在山顶松树旁的空茅屋里呢
They can't be there.
他们不可能在那儿
People would have looked there first, I'm sure.
我肯定人们首先就去那里找了
True. Imagine how hungry they are!
是的,想象一下他们有多饿
They can't exactly eat seeds like squirrels and sparrows do!
他们不会像松鼠和麻雀那样吃种子吧?
They might have some food left from camping but they may not have any water.
他们可能有食物,但可能没有水
And one of them might be bleeding or have a broken arm or leg.
其中一个可能留着血,或者手臂或者腿摔断了。
I really hope someone finds them soon.
我真的希望马上就有人找到他们
Me too. Their parents must be very worried.
我也是,他们的父母一定很担心
It'll be a real relief when they're found.
只有找到他们从能真正松口气
Lesson 4 First Impressions.第一印象
The day that I met my best friend for the first time, I was full of anxiety.
我第一次遇到我最好的朋友那天,我心情特别糟糕
I was trying to do some revision for an important oral exam in the local library
那天我在本地的图书馆里准备一门理科科目的考试
and people kept disturbing me.
人们不停地干扰我
I was getting more and more annoyed and of course, the more upset I got the less I was able to concentrate. 我变得越来越心烦意乱,可以想象,我的情绪越坏就越难集中注意力
The last straw was when I heard someone singing behind me.
这时,背后传来的哼唱声使我的忍耐到了极限,
The singing was so loud that I could even recognise the song!
这声音大得我都能听出唱的是哪首歌
I turned around and glared at the person who was singing.
我扭过头,怒视着哼唱的人
It was a tall girl about the same age as me and she has a big smile on her face.
是个高个子和我年龄相仿的女孩,脸上带着开心的笑容
She was standing with a book in her hands near the "English Literature" section.
她手里拿着一本书,站在诗歌类图书区旁
She looked like a literary type and seemed very interested in what she was reading.
她看起来很喜欢文字,似乎对正读着的书很感兴趣
I glanced at the book's cover.
出于好奇,我瞟了一眼书的封面
It was a book of Tennyson's poems.
那是一本丁尼生诗集
The fact that she looked like a sensitive, friendly girl didn't matter.
虽然看上去她是一个敏感、友善的女孩子
If anything, it made me even angrier.
但这并没有让我紧锁着的眉头展开来,而是令我更加恼火
"How could she be so selfish?" I thought angrily.
“她怎么这么不替别人考虑呢?”我生气地想
In fact, I'm surprised there wasn't steam coming out of my ears!
事实上,我那时已经有点火冒三丈了
I picked up my books, glared at her and whispered angrily
我想起自己的书,怒气冲冲地朝她皱起眉头,用最苛刻的话气大声地对她说
"Thanks to your noise, I've been unable to study. You're so selfish!"
你的声音让我根本没法学习,你真的是太自私了
I still hate thinking of that moment.
现在想起当时的情景我还是不寒而栗
Let me tell you the rest of the story though.
不过,我还是讲一下后来发生的事情吧
Because I left the library in such a hurry
我离开图书馆时太匆忙了
I left my most important textbook behind.
以至于把最重要的一本书放在了那儿
It was only when I got home two hours later that I realised I'd forgotten it
直到两个小时后我到家时才发现
and there was nothing I could do as the library was closed.
可是已经无济于事了,因为图书馆早已关门了。
I was so upset that I almost cried.
我感到万分沮丧,真想哭一场
Just then, the phone rang.
就在这时,电话铃声响了
I answered it and a gentle voice introduced the speaker as Jenny and asked if I was Jane.
我拿起电话,传来一个轻柔的声音,自我介绍说名叫珍妮并问我是不是简
After confirming that I was
我回答说是
Jenny said that she had noticed I'd left my book in the library
珍妮告诉我说她发现我把书落在了图书馆
and as my name was in it
因为书上有我的名字
she'd asked a librarian to get my phone number from their files.
她让图书管理员从读着档案中找到了我的电话号码
She said that she didn't live far away
她还说她住的不远
and could bring it around for me if I needed it.
如果我急用这本书的话,她可以给我送过来
I sighed with relief and agreed to meet her at the convenience store down the road. I was so grateful! 我如释重负,我感激万分,与她约好在沿着这条街的一个便利店见面
Of course you've guessed who Jenny was.
你已经猜出珍妮是谁
She was the girl I had shouted at for singing.
就是那个我在图书馆里因为唱歌的事情对她出言不逊的女孩
When I recognised her in the convenience store, I was filled with shame
我在便利店里看到她时,羞愧得脸都红了
and apologised several times for my rude behaviour.
我为在图书馆里的粗鲁做法连声道歉
I felt so guilty
我感到万分惭愧
but Jenny just laughed and told me she was glad to see
她笑了起来,说很高兴看到
that I'd also left my glare in the library!
我把自己的不快也留在了图书馆
I couldn't help laughing at this
听了这话,我禁不住笑了
and I invited her back to my apartment for a quick cup of tea.
然后我邀请她去我家喝杯茶
We got along really well and ever since then we've been best friends.
我们相处得很好,从那以后,我们就成了好朋友
We're very much alike and we tell each other everything.
我们分享彼此的秘密
To be honest, I trust her more than anyone else.
我对她比对任何人都信任
I often think how lucky I am.
我常常想我真是太幸运了
If Jenny hadn't been a kind person who was willing to forgive my shortcomings. 如果珍妮不是那么善良、宽容的话
I would never have experienced such true friendship.
我就不会经历这段真正的友谊。
Communication Workshop.交流课
Speaking.会话
Discussing a Photo.讨论一张照片
Look at the photo.看照片
Complete the Function File with words from the list.
用列表里的单词完成文档
Then listen and check your answers.
然后听录音并检查你的答案
Mmm, the man on the right, the one with glasses, looks kind
嗯,右边戴眼镜的那个男士看起来很亲切
he looks sort of serious, but also as if he might be helpful.
他看起来有些严肃,但是又好像乐于助人
Do you know what I mean?
你明白我的意思吗?
Yes.明白
The woman sitting in the back, the one in the black jacket with her arms crossed 坐在后面穿黑色夹克双手交叉的那位女性
she looks a bit, er, kind of shy.
看起来有点,呃,有点害羞
Yes, or maybe she's cold.
是的,或者可能还有点冷
Yes, perhaps the air-conditioning is on too high.
是的,可能是空调开得太热了
What do you think they're doing?
你认为他们在干什么?
I think the second man on the right with the glasses must be a teacher
我觉得右边戴眼镜的第二个男士肯定是老师
and he's showing his students something funny on the laptop.
他在笔记本电脑上给学生们看一些有趣的东西
Mmm, but why would the man with the camera be filming?
是,但是为什么拿着DV的那个人在录像呢?
He doesn't look like a student.
他看起来不像学生
You're right.
你说对了
He might be filming to make an advertisement for the school.
他可能是来为这所学校拍摄一段广告
Culture Corner.文化角
Personalities and National Types.
性格和国家类型
Some people believe that your nationality can influence your personality!
一些人认为一个人的国籍会影响一个人的性格
This is why you might hear someone saying
这就是为什么你可能会听到有人说
"He's a typical American" or "She's so Spanish".
“他是个典型的美国人”或者“她太西班牙人”
Of course, it is impossible that every person from a certain country has the same personality 当然,来自同一个国家的每个人性格一样是不可能的
but it seems that people of the same nationality
但是同一个国家的人
do sometimes share certain personality characteristics.
有时确实有着相同的性格特征
This has led to the idea of national types.
这就有了国家类型的说法
These are general ideas about a nationality that can be positive or negative!
这些是关于一个国家的人积极或者消极的一个大体说法
As long as national types are not taken too seriously
在国家类型区分不是特别严格时
it's fun trying to guess a person's nationality from their personality.
根据一个人的性格来猜测其国籍是件很有趣的事情
Italian and Spanish.
意大利人和西班牙人
Italian and Spanish people are generally seen as outgoing
意大利人和西班牙人一般都比较外向
friendly people with a great love for life.
友好,热爱生活
They are usually dark-haired and dark-eyed
他们通常是黑头发、黑眼睛
and are considered excellent singers and dancers.
被认为是卓越的歌者和舞者
They are often described as being great lovers of food and wine
他们常常被描述为美味的事物和酒的爱好者
and they never hesitate to show how they feel.
而且毫不迟疑地表现出他们的感受
British.
英国人
Perhaps the opposite of the above is the way the British are seen.
或许与上述描述相反的就是英国人所表现出来的方式
They are often described as being reserved and cold.
他们常常被描述为保守、冷酷
They have a saying about "keeping a stiff upper lip".
他们有一种说法叫“坚定不移”
This means not crying or showing any feeling in difficult or sad situations.
意思是说是在艰难或悲伤的情况下不哭或是不表现任何的感觉
As a result, they are also seen as being very brave.
所以,他们也被看作是非常勇敢的
Americans.
美国人
Americans are often described as very loud
美国人常常被描述为非常吵闹
but they are also seen as being very friendly
不过他们同样被看成是非常友好
and interested in talking to other people.
有兴趣与人交谈的
This is probably because they are often very confident and secure.
这可能是因为他们非常自信、毫无顾虑
Chinese.
中国人
Chinese are generally seen as friendly people who are extremely hard-working and motivated. 中国通常被看成是友好、及其勤奋、上进的人
They are also seen as very polite
他们还非常有礼貌
because of the fact that they are careful about "saving face" when dealing with other people. 因为在跟其他人处理事情时,他们很爱面子,这是个事实
Australians.
澳大利亚人
Australians are merry people who spend a lot of time outdoors.
澳大利亚人很快乐,他们花很多时间在户外
They are therefore seen as very casual people who enjoy a slower pace of life.
因此他们也被看成是非常随便享受慢节奏生活的人
They like to laugh a lot
他们喜欢大笑
but sometimes people think they are loud and rude.
但有时也会被认为太吵、粗鲁
Germans.
德国人
Germans are often described as being very serious and rigid.
德国人经常被描述为非常严肃、刻板
They are seen as hard workers who are very careful
他们被看成是勤劳的工人,很细心
and pay a lot of attention to detail.
太注重细节
A German would never be late for an appointment or dial a wrong number!
一个德国人绝不会约会迟到或者是拨错电话号码的
However, Germans are sometimes accused of not having a sense of humour.
然而,德国人有时被指责没有幽默感
All these national types can be true in certain cases, but very wrong in others.
在某些场合这些国家类型是对的,但是在其他情况不正确了。
For example, you might meet a German who's a confident dancer with a great sense of humour 比如,你可能遇到一个非常幽默又自信的舞者是德国人
or an American who is shy and quiet!
或者一个害羞又安静的美国人
Nationalities may influence personalities
国籍可能会影响性格
but at the end of the day
但是一天结束时
people are themselves, no matter where they come from.
不管你来自哪里,你还是你自己。