老外最常说的40句俚语,学完就能愉快地看美剧了~

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

老外最常说的40句俚语,学完就能愉快地看美剧了~

看美剧的时候,是不是经常get不到老外的笑点!因为有很多俚语,你都听不懂。今天来教你老外最常用的俚语。赶紧背起来。

1In the nick of time

紧要关头

分割线,星形

You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time –my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

你在紧要关头帮我找到了主旨——我的老师刚刚安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!

2Let the cat out of the bag

说出秘密

分割线,星形

Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.

如果你保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!

3Let the chips fall where they may

让某事发生,不管是好是坏

分割线,星形

I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

不管结果怎样,我都会去试着参加啦啦队。

4Lose your marbles

变得疯狂

分割线,星形

Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七遍ACT的作文!

5Once in a blue moon

罕见的

分割线,星形

In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。

6Plain as day

显而易见的

分割线,星形

It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.

显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。

7Play second fiddle

居次位

分割线,星形

I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做得好!

8Put your foot in your mouth

说错话

分割线,星形

Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。

9Pull yourself together

冷静下来;振作起来

分割线,星形

Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。

10Sick and tired

被打扰或困扰

分割线,星形

She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。

11Sleep on it

在做决定前先考虑一会

分割线,星形

Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

今天不要告诉我,你会不会一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。

12Snug as a bug in a rug

温暖舒适的;满足的

分割线,星形

That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother. 那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。

13Step up your game

迎头赶上

分割线,星形

Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!

14Stick your nose into something

干涉

分割线,星形

Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

莎伦经常干涉别人的事。

15Straight from the horse's mouth

来自最可靠的消息

分割线,星形

Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!

据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!

16Take it easy

相关文档
最新文档