新世纪大学英语第二册翻译答案

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

Book 2
Unit One
Apologizing:
1.I’m really / terribly / awfully sorry.
2.I have an apology to make.
3.Pardon me.
4.I do beg your pardon.
5.Forgive me for dong ….
6.I regret doing … / that …
7.It’s wrong of me to do …
8.I owe you an apology for …
9.May I offer my sincerest apologies for …? Forgiving:
1.That’s all right.
2.Not at all.
3.Forget it.
4.I t’s nothing.
5.This is really unnecessary.
6.I accept your apology.
7.Don’t worry about it.
8.It doesn’t matter.
9.It can’t be helped.(这也是难免的事呀。


10.You’re only human. (人非圣贤,孰能无过。


11.These things happen. (这是常有的时。


1) Action speaks louder than words.行动比语言更响亮
2) The production here needs temperatures lower 25 degrees Celsius.
这儿的生产需要低于摄氏25度的温度
3) I like to keep things rather than throw them away.我喜欢保存东西而不是把他们扔掉
4) There is nobody here other than me.这里除了我之外没有别人
5) She’d rather leave her job than (be forced to) work for that boss.她宁愿辞职也不愿为那位老板干活1.In life, our stupidest course of action is to cling to much to what we have and refuse to let go.
在生活中,我们最愚蠢的行为就是太执着于自己的东西,不愿意放弃。

2.I am willing to work in the IT industry, but have no idea how to go about it.
我愿意在IT行业工作,但我不知如何着手。

3.Many people are aware of the importance of living in harmony with nature.
许多人都已意识到与大自然和谐相处的重要性。

4.Problems like the generation gap cannot be swept under the carpet.
像“代沟”这样的问题是不可以被掩盖起来的。

5.I never did understand what was eating away at her. 我始终不懂什么事在使她烦心。

6.He has been at peace with the world all his life. 他一生都与世无争。

7.He did not speak out / say what he thought. For one thing, she might not understand. For another, he was
afraid that she might not forgive him. 他没有说出自己的想法。

一则她未必理解,二则他怕自己得不到她的宽恕。

8.As the years rolled by, he became increasingly interested in / fascinated by Chinese culture.
随着岁月流逝,他对中国文化越来越感兴趣。

A Memorable Experience
In my middle school years, I had a best friend. We talked about everything. And we loved singing songs together. Once, however, there was a bitter quarrel between us and we stopped talking to each other. It was
obvious that both of us wanted to keep the friendship, but neither had the courage to break the ice. It went on like this for months.
Then, one day we were asked to write about friendship. I wrote in my composition what friendship meant to me and the misunderstanding that had separated us. It was given the top mark, and I was asked to read it in class. When I ended my presentation with the words from our favorite song, my friend was singing along. To break down the walls between people is easy; all it takes is a little forgiveness!
Human Relationship
We are living in a world of distrust. We live behind cold security bars; we do not talk to strangers, let alone go out of our way to help them; we live in fear of fake products. In short, fear and feelings of insecurity fill the environment we live in.
All this greatly harms our society. Growing up in such an environment, we tend to feel isolated and care about ourselves only. If things go on like this, “trust”, “teamwork,”, and “harmony” will eventually become terms unheard of.
In my opinion, trusting others and being trustworthy are the two basic principles that we should follow if we want to improve human relationships. We may not be in a position to change others, but we can change the way others see us by winning their trust in us. Mutual understanding and love are the pillars that support a harmonious society.
Unit Two
1) Jack , you’re wanted on the phone .杰克,有你的电话。

2)A message was written on the card below the printed “ Happy New Year”.
贺卡上印有“新年快乐”的字样,在下面还有一条附言。

3)Two days were allowed them for making the necessary preparations for the meeting.
给了他们两天时间来为会议作必要的准备。

4)When matter is heated , it expands.物体受热时膨胀。

5)Your pen writes quite smoothly. 你的笔写起来很流畅。

1) It is known to all that these islands have always been part of China’s territory.
众所周知,这些岛屿一直是中国领土的一部分。

2) When you plan a project, all these factors ought to be taken into consideration.
当你们规划一个项目时,所有这些因素都应当加以考虑。

3) The /These children are well taken care of / are taken good care of in the nursery.
这些孩子在托儿所里得到了良好的照顾。

4) The car is too old; it needs repairing / to be repaired.这辆车太旧,需要修理了。

5) The question has been much talked about on TV recently.这个问题最近在电视上谈论得很多。

1.Such a sight always moves me and set me thinking.这种情景总是令我感动,让我深思。

This is a sight that never fails to move me and set me thinking. 这种情景总是令我感动,让我深思。

2. Stop blaming her. You’d have done the same thing under similar circumstances.
别怪她了,在类似情况下,你自己也会这么做的。

3. We should be appreciative of what we have instead of taking every thing for granted.
我们应当为自己所拥有的一切而心存感激,而不是对任何事情都漫不经心。

4. He may promise to change, but it’s the same old story of saying one thing and doing another.
他也许会答应改变,但无非又是说一套做一套罢了。

5. I racked my brains about that how to break the terrible news to him.
我苦苦思索该怎样把这可怕的消息告诉他。

6.It will be impossible for me to repay my parents for everything they have done for me .
我将永远无法报答父母为我所做的一切。

7. For now, it remains to me to thank you one more for joining us and wish you good luck in your work.
且让我再次感谢大家的参与,祝你们工作顺利。

8.I said right from the beginning, that he may make us trouble. 我一开始就说过,他会给我们惹麻烦的。

Unit Three
1) Rumor has it that his new book is based on a true story about a family in a small Tennessee town..
听说他的新书是根据发生在田纳西州一个小镇上的真事写的。

2) He teaches in a middle school, but he does some translation work on the side to bring extra cash/money.
他在中学教书,但也兼职做些翻译来赚取外快。

3) It’s good to be confident (about yourself), but there is a difference between confidence and conceit.
自信是件好事,但自信与自负是有区别的。

4) Only those who stick it out can achieve success. Those who give up halfway will never realize their
dreams.
只有坚持到底的人才会成功。

半途而废的人永远也无法实现梦想。

5) A true hero possesses/has courage, a noble purpose and a willingness to make sacrifices.
一个真正的英雄有勇气,有高尚的目标,而且乐于奉献。

6) Anyone who picked up this novel and reads the first paragraph will be hard pressed to put it down.
任何人只要拿起这本小说读了第一段,就会发现很难把它放下。

7) In a sense, life is like swimming; if you keep holding on to the sides of the pool, you (will) never learn.
从某种意义上说,生活就像游泳。

如果你总是扶住池边,就永远也学不会。

8) The future of a nation depends in a large measure upon the quality of education and training.
一个名族的前途在很大程度上取决于其教育与培训的质量。

Unit Four
1.Only those who have lived through a similar experience can fully appreciate this.
只有那些有过类似经历的人,才能够完全理解这一点。

The only people who can fully appreciate this are those who have lived through a similar experience.
只有那些有过类似经历的人,才能够完全理解这一点。

2. Scientists have been hard pressed to figure out how these particles form and interact (with one another).
科学家们一直没弄明白这些粒子是怎样形成,又是如何相互作用的。

3. I’d like to express my special thanks to everyone who has contributed over the years in one way or another.
我要特别感谢每一个在这些年来以不同方式作出了贡献的人。

4. The individual success of the employees in a team environment results in success for the company.
团队环境中员工个人的成功能带来公司的成功。

5. The war, although successful in military terms, left the economy almost in ruins.
这场战争,虽说从军事角度而言是成功的,却令经济几乎崩溃。

6. He decided to channel his energies into something useful, instead of being glued to the TV set all day. /
instead of sitting in front of the TV set all day long.
他决定把自己的精力用到有益的事上,而不是整天守在电视机前。

7. There is a difference between strength and courage. It takes strength to survive. It takes courage to live.
力量与勇气是有区别的。

生存需要力量,生活需要勇气。

8. She was by nature a very affectionate person, always ready to give a helping hand to others.
她天生就是个非常温柔亲切的人,总是乐于向别人伸出援手。

Unit Five
1) He consults for out company and we often consult him when we encounter problems in our work..
他为我们公司当顾问,工作中遇到问题我们经常向他请教。

2) Don’t try to cheat--- you’ll never get away with it.不要试图去作弊——你决不会得逞的。

3) My father is always optimistic, regardless of the difficulties that he may face. He is a positive role model for us.
不论可能面临什么样的困难,我父亲总是很乐观。

他给我们树立了一个正面的榜样。

4) This novel describes the ups and downs of a big family during China’s 1920’s and 1930’s.
这本小说描写了20世纪二三十年代中国一个大家族的兴衰沉浮。

5) It is not enough to act in good faith. We also need to act reasonably.
做事只有好心是不够的,还要有理智。

6) You may score good marks by burning the midnight oil before the exams, but in the long run you have to
study hard every day to achieve academic excellence.
考试前开夜车,你也许能考个好分数,但从长远看,平时用功才能真正取得学业成功。

7) Don’t stare at the computer screen for too long. Raise your eyes once in a while and look into the distance.
不要长时间盯着电脑屏幕,每过一阵就要抬眼看看远处。

8) It’s to your advantage to learn from the mistakes of others.
从别人所犯的错误中吸取教训是很有益处的。

Unit Six
1) It is only by trail and error that we learn and progress / make progress.
只有通过反复实践我们才能学习和进步。

2) You should know that the education of the heart is very important. It will distinguish you from others.
你应该知道心灵的教育是很重要的。

它会使你与众不同。

3) A person who strives for perfection tends to have a low threshold of pain. Things around bother them.
一个追求完美的人对痛苦的容忍度往往很低。

周围的事物会让他们看不顺眼。

4) They regard honesty as a matter of principle and they are willing to sacrifice everything for its sake.
他们认为正直是个原则问题,愿意为之牺牲一切。

5) People judge you by the company you keep. You are inviting trouble if you get into bad company.
人们根据你交往的朋友来判断你。

如果与坏人为伍,你就是自找麻烦。

6) Speaking your mind without regard to other people’s feelings is not a virtue.
直言不讳,不顾他人的感受不是一种美德。

7) Her sensitivity exposes her to more suffering and pain than ordinary people can imagine.
她的敏感令她承受的痛苦比普通人所能想象的要多。

8) We must awaken people to the need to protect our environment.
我们必须使人们意识到保护环境的必要性。

Unit Seven
1. We have worked together for a long time and have never let our differing opinions get in the way of our friendship.
我们一起工作已经很长时间了,从来没有因为意见分歧而防碍到我们之间的友谊。

2. This agreement will pave the way for a lasting peace between the two countries.
这项协议将会为两国的持久和平铺平道路。

3. They usually don’t mention their requirements until you are beginni ng to let your defenses down.
他们通常要等你开始放松警惕,才提出他们的要求。

4. You should have the courage for face your own mistakes. Don’t try to shift the blame onto others when things go wrong. 要有勇气面对自己的失误,不要出了问题就想把责任推到别人身上去。

5. If you are more often than not affected by fear and worry, you will find this book very useful.
如果你经常担惊受怕,你会发现这本书很有帮助。

6. Now that I have accepted the position, I shall certainly do to the best of my ability all that is required of me.
我既然接受了这个职位,就会尽自己的所能完成本职工作。

7. If you don’t have a plan of what you will do every day, chances are high that you won’t do much.
如果你每天要做的事情没有计划,你就很可能做不了多少事。

8.Great minds think alike. Your ideas are completely in line with his.
真是英雄所见略同啊。

你的想法跟他的完全一致呢。

相关文档
最新文档