第四周作业精简法练习及其答案

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

一、试译下列各句,注意精简作主语的斜体人称代词:

1.I am 78 years old;I have been confined to my room with a paralytic stroke for the past 14 months.

.我七十八岁了,由于患了瘫痪性的中风,十四个月来一直出不了门。

2. Like his friend he had many wonderful ideas, but he only put a few into practice.

他象他的朋友一样,虽然头脑里有许多美妙的想法,却只有少数付诸实施。

3.We can measure the amount of water in a pot, but we can't measure its heat. We haven't an instrument for that.

我们能测量罐内的水量,但不能测量水的热度,我们还没有这种仪器。

4. The Grand Dukes always liked new ideas, and later they were good friends of Galileo.

几任大公毫无例外地都喜欢新思想,后来都成了伽利略的好朋友

二,试译下列各句,注意精简作宾语的斜体代词:

1.I've received your letter and read it with delight.

我收到了你的信,愉快地读了

2. If you have read these stories, tell them in your own words.,

如果你已读过这些故事,用你自己的话讲出来

3. You must excuse me, I shall not speak of the matter again. 请你原谅,我以后不再提这事了。

4. In fact he showed quite clearly that the Copernican ideas

were correct. But he did not say openly that he accepted them. .事实上,他相当清楚地表明,哥白尼的学说是正确的,只是他没有公开宣布接受。

三、试译下列各句,注意精简斜体的物主代词:

1.He put up hi s hand is a salute.

他举手致敬

2. In my childhood I learned a great deal about Russia.

在儿童时代,我就听到许多关于俄国的事情。

3.He sat, cursing himself, till his tea was stewed.

他坐着咒骂自己,直到把茶煮浓了。

4. Her dark hair waved untidy across her broad forehead,her face was short, her upper lip short, showing a glint of teeth, her brows were straight and dark, her lashes long and dark, her nose straight.

她的黑发蓬蓬松松地飘拂在宽阔的前额上,脸是短短的,上唇也是短短的,露出一排闪亮的牙齿,眉毛又直又黑,睫毛又长又黑,鼻子笔直。

四、试译下列各句,注意精简非人称it和强势用it:

1 .It was a cold, dark day, the sky overcast.

寒冷阴沉的一天,乌云密布

2. It is only shallow people who judge by appearances. .只有浅薄的人才会以貌取人

3.It is in the plant that we work together with the workers.

就是在这个工厂内我们同工人们一起劳动。

4. Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge;it is thinking that makes what we read ours.

读书只能供给心灵以知识的材料,思想才能把我们所读的变成自己的东西。

五、试译下列各句,注意精简并列连接词:

1.The door was opened, and they came in.

.门开了,他们走了进来

2. I can do it, and so can you.

我能做,你也能做

3.His telescope and his experiments were always bringing him new surprises, and he made notes of his work every day.

.他的望远镜和实验总是给他带来惊奇的新发现,他每天都把这种工作情况记录下来。

4. He studied in the college for two years, and then he went to join the army.

他在大学念过两年书,后来就去参军了。

六、试译下列各句,注意精简从属连接词:

1.When the board was spinning slowly, you could see all the different colours.

纸板慢慢旋转,你就能看出各种不同的颜色。

2. If it should rain tomorrow, I shall stay at home.

明天下雨我就呆在家里不出去。

相关文档
最新文档