OMG美语1
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
1) engaged 订婚
Frank and I are engaged! 我和Frank订婚了!
You guys got engaged!? Congratulations!! 你们订婚了!?祝贺你们
2) soul mate 灵魂伴侣
-He told me that I am his soul mate and he wants to grow old with me!
他说我是他的灵魂伴侣!他说他愿意和我白头到老!
-OMG! That's so romantic!! 哎哟!太浪漫了!
3) meant to be 命中注定的
He said we're meant to be together. He said he wants to start a family.
他说我们在一起是命中注定的。
他说他想要个孩子。
4) get cold feet 失去信心,感到怀疑
I'm so scared I'm going to get cold feet! What if he's not my soul mate!?
我很怕失去信心,感到怀疑!如果他不是我的灵魂伴侣怎么办!?
1) propose 向某人求婚
-I think my boyfriend's going to propose!
我想我的男朋友可能会向我求婚
-OMG!! How do you know?
哎哟!你是怎么知道的!?
2) get down on one knee 跪下向某人求婚
I overheard him talking on the phone about "getting down on one knee."
他打电话的时候我就听到他说了关于“跪下”的事。
3) pop the question 向某人求婚
-I don't know what I'll say until he pops the question!
等到他求婚的时候,我根本不知到我会说什么。
-What!? Don't you love him?
嗯?什么!?你不爱他吗
4) walk down the aisle 结婚
Yes of course I love him, but I don't know if I'm ready to walk down the aisle!
我当然爱他!不过,结婚,我还没想过呢!
1) backseat driver 指手划脚的人
Don't drive too fast! Turn left! Stop at the red light!
别开得太快吧!往左拐!红灯啊!停车吧!
OMG!! 白洁!Stop being such a backseat driver! Let me drive!
白洁!不用你指挥啊!让我开车吧!
2) in the same boat 面临同样的处境
I don't have any summer clothes! It's so hot outside..
哎哟,我没有夏天的衣服咯。
外边这么热。
OMG! I'm in the same boat! I need some shorts so bad. Let's go shopping! OMG!
我也没有啊!我一定要买短裤。
我们一起去逛街吧!
3) My way or the highway! 我说了算!不听我的就走开!
Mom do I have to study tonight? I wanna watch TV!
妈,我今晚必须读书吗?我想看电视!
Yes! You have a big test tomorrow! It's my way or the highway!
一定要啊!你明天有很重要的考试啊!我说读书你就去读书吧!
2) 1) Bright and early 一大早
We're getting up bright and early to start exploring Washington, D.C.!
我们一大早就要起身开始游览华盛顿。
2) First thing in the morning 早起第一件事
We'll be on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial first thing in the morning. I heard that's the place to watch the sun rise! 我们一大早就会去林肯纪念堂的台阶上. 我听说那里是看日出最好的地方。
3) A full plate 安排得满满的日程
We have a full plate today! We're visiting 5 museums and taking a bus tour!
我们今天的日程安排得满满的!我们要参观五个博物馆!我们也要乘巴士旅行
4) Get a move on 快点
Wow,we have so much to see today.We better get a move on.
哇,我们今天要去看看这么多地方啊,我们应该快快走。
3)
1) Off the beaten path 很少有人去的
I'm sick of museums and monuments! I want to go explore some places off the beaten path!
我已经厌倦了博物馆和纪念堂!我要去探险很少有人去的地方。
2) Watch your back 小心
Watch your back when you're traveling and keep an eye on your wallet!
你去旅游的时候要小心!照看好你的钱包。
3) If worse comes to worst 万一发生最坏的情况
If worse comes to worst, we'll get lost. But sometimes you stumble upon the
coolest places when you're lost!
万一发生最坏的情况, 我们可能会迷路. 但迷路时,有时反而会碰到最棒的地方
啊。
4) If all else fails 如果其他都不行
If all else fails, and we can't find our way back, I'll just call Bob! He'll come pick
us up!
如果其他都不行,我们找不到回家的路,我就打电话给Bob!他会来接我们啦!
close call 有两个意思:
1.1) something dangerous almost happened 差点出了事
I almost got hit by a car today, but Bob pushed me out of the way and saved my life! Phew, that was a close call! 我今天差点被车撞!幸好Bob推了我一把﹐救我一命! 好险啊!
1.2) a close competition 胜负难分的比赛
3) call the shots 做最后决定
I don't call the shots around here. Melissa makes all of the decisions, so go talk to her. 在这里,我说的话不算数. Melissa才算。
你还是和她说吧。
4) Let's call it a day 我们今天就到这儿吧
We've been studying for 12 hours straight! My eyes hurt so bad. Let's call it a day. 我们已经连续念书12个小时了!我的眼睛疼死了。
今天就到此为止吧!
1) I gotta get going 我得走了
Alright, I guess I gotta get going, 白洁! 好吧,我得先走啦白洁! OK, Julie, I'll talk to you later! 好啊,Julie! 下次再聊!
2) I have to let you go 我得走了
Mmmk, I need to start on this homework so I have to let you go. 好啊,我必须开始做功课啦,我得走了。
OK Julie! Great talking to you! 好啊Julie!跟你聊天很好玩哦! You too, 白洁, bye! 你也是啊白洁!拜拜!
3) I gotta scoot 我得走了
Hey, I gotta scoot. I'll talk to you later! 好啊,我得走了,下次再聊! Ok, Julie, talk to you later! 好啊Julie! 下次跟你聊啊!!
1) I'm just calling to say hi 我只是打来聊聊
-I'm just calling to say hi, how you doin'白洁?
我只是打来聊聊,白洁你怎么样?
-I'm doing well! How are you?
我很好,你好吗?
I'm calling because I'd like to discuss the report that's due tomorrow.
我打电话因为我想和你谈一下明天要交的报告。
Sure, what can I help you with?
好啊。
我怎么可以帮你?
2) catch up 联络一下
3) I'm just calling to see 我打电话因为
I'm just calling to see if you wanna go grab a bite to eat with me
我打电话因为我想问你想不想和我一起出去吃饭?
Sure! What time? 好啊!什么时候?
How about 7? 7点怎么样?
1) ugly 难看,丑
How do I look?
我看起来怎样?
To tell you the truth, that outfit's kinda ugly...
说实话,你这些衣服看起来有点难看咯。
2) hideous 难看,丑
Ugly?What do you mean?
难看?怎么意思啊?
I mean look at those glasses! They're hideous!
我的意思是。
你看你的眼镜啊!这么丑啊
3) horrible 令人讨厌的
I don't think I look that horrible.
我不觉得我看起来这么糟。
I'm just being honest with you! It's a pretty horrible outfit!
我只是说实话呀!你的衣服真的很难看。
4) look bad 难看,丑
How could you be so mean!? I don't think my outfit looks bad at all!
你怎么会这么坏啊!?我根本不觉得我的衣服难看啊
Somebody's gotta tell you you look bad.You're wearing a hideously horrible ugly outfit.
一定得要有人告诉你,这些衣服真的非常非常丑。
1) adorable可爱, 更口语: adorbs
Your puppy is so adorable.What's his name?
你这只狗太可爱了,它叫什么名字?
Your puppy is supes adorbs.What's his name?
你这只狗太可爱了,它叫什么名字?
2) precious可爱, 更口语: presh
Look at those little kitties.They're cudding.That's so precious.
你看这些猫咪,它们挤在一起了,太可爱了。
3) cutie patootie可爱的人
Your boyfriend is a cutie patootie.Does he have any cute friends?
你的男朋友真可爱,他有没有其他可爱的朋友啊。
4) darling可爱
You look absolutely darling in that dress.Where did you get it?
你穿这件洋装的时候超可爱,你在哪里买的?
“C an you please help me find the nearest Starbucks so I could get a coffee?
你知不知道最近的星巴克在哪里?我想买一杯咖啡。
”
Excuse me, ma'am. Where's the nearest McDonald's?
请问,小姐。
最近的麦当劳在哪里?
Do you know where D.C. Cupcakes is?
你知不知道华盛顿杯子蛋糕店在哪里?"
"Excuse me, ma'am. Do you know where the nearest baseball field is?
请问,小姐。
你知不知道最近的棒球场在哪里?"
"Where's the nearest bathroom, could you tell me?
你能不能告诉我最近的洗手间在哪里?"
1) go left/turn left 往左拐
2) go right/turn right 往右拐
3) go straight 一直走
4) it's on the left 在左边
5) it's on the right 在右边
6) take a left/hang a left 向左转
7) take a right/hang a right 向右转
8) the second left 第二个路口左拐
-Excuse me, can you please tell me how to get to the Starbucks on 4th?
请问,能不能告诉我怎么去4街上的星巴克?
-Go straight down this street, then turn right on 4th. Starbucks will be on your left.
一直向前走,然后在4街右拐。
星巴克会在你的左手边。
-Hi, I'm trying to find the post office, do you know where that is?
你好,我正在找邮局,你知不知道邮局在哪里?
-Follow this street and then go left on 7th. The post office will be on your right.
沿着这条街一直走,然后在7街往左拐。
邮局就在你右手边!
-Hi, can you tell me how to get to the subway!
你好,能不能告诉我地铁怎么去?
Excuse me, can you please tell me how to get to the nearest grocery store?
请问,能不能告诉我最近的超市怎么去?
Sure! It's on 7th, which is the second left up ahead.
可以啊!超市在7街上,就是在前面第二个路口左转!
-Sure! Just take a left and it'll be on your right.
好啊!向左转,地铁就在你右边。
1) I'm lost! 我迷路了!
I'm lost!I have no idea where I am.I should ask for directions..
我迷路了!我完全不知道自己在哪里。
我应该问路。
2) Excuse me! Pardon me! 请问!
3)更口语:'scuse me 请问!
4) Can you tell me? 你能不能告诉我。
?
4) Do you know? 你知不知道。
?
5) how to get to(a place) (一个地方)怎么去?
6)可以加上一句话I'm trying to get to/I'm trying to find/I'm look for我正在找。
Excuse me! Can you tell me how to get to the nearest post office?
请问!你能不能告诉我最近的邮局怎么去?
Pardon me! Do you know how to get to the Starbucks in this area?
请问!你知不知道附近的星巴克要怎么去?
Excuse me! I'm trying to find a restaurant called"Sichuan Pavilion".Do you know what that is?
请问,我正在找一家饭店叫重庆楼,你知道怎么走吗?
Pardon me! I'm looking for KFC on 4th street, can you tell me how to get there?
请问!我正在找4街上的肯塔基, 能不能告诉我怎么走?
1) buzz cut 小平头
A buzz cut is the shortest male hair cut. It's called a buzz cut because you use
an electric razor to buzz it all off! 小平头是男生最短的发型。
这种发型叫"buzz cut"因为你要用电动剃刀刮短!
2) crew cut 平头"high and tight"
A crew cut is also a short haircut, which gradually gets longer on top. The
sides and back are tapered from long to short.
Crew cut也是指平头﹐不过只有头顶的头发长,两侧和后面都要剪短。
3) mohawk 庞克头
A mohawk hairstyle is shaved on both sides of the head and all that's left is a
strip of hair from the front of the head to back of the neck.
Mohawk是两边头皮剃光,只留一长条竖起来的头发﹐从头顶到脖子后头。
4) fauxhawk 仿庞克头
A fauxhawk is similar to a mohawk hairstyle, but a fauxhawk isn't shaved on
the sides, it's just combed into a style that looks like a mohawk.
Fauxhawk类似于庞克头。
不过两边不用剃光,只要梳理定型就可以像是庞克头。
1) bangs 刘海
2) long, wavey hair 大波浪型
I think girls with long, wavy hair look really pretty with bangs.
我觉得长卷发的女孩如果加上刘海看起来会很漂亮。
3) part in the middle 中分头发
I have very straight hair, so I've never liked parting my hair in the middle.
我的头发很直,所以我不喜欢中分。
4) part on the side 旁分
5) add volume 让头发蓬松
I like to part my hair on the side because it adds volume to my hairstyle.
我喜欢旁分﹐因为这样就会让头发看起来比较蓬松。