英语阅读:Who Moved My Cheese谁动了我的奶酪
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
美联英语提供:英语阅读:Who Moved My Cheese谁动了我的奶酪
两分钟做个小测试,看看你的英语水平
/test/kuaisu.aspx?tid=16-73675-0
Who Moved My Cheese谁动了我的奶酪
"Who moved my cheese?" is a story about change that takes place in a Maze where four amusing characters look for "Cheese" - cheese being a metaphor for what we want to have in life, whether it is a job, a relationship, money, a big house, freedom, health, recognition, spiritual peace, or even an activity like jogging or golf.
《谁动了我的奶醅》所讲的是一个关于“变化”的故亊。
故亊发生在一个迷宫之中,有四个可爱的小生灵在迷宫里寻找他们的奶醅。
故亊里的“奶醅”是对我们在现实生活中所追求目标的一种比喻,它可以是一份工作,一种人际关系,可以是金钱,一幢豪宅,还可以是自由、健康、社会的认可和老板的赏识。
它可以是一种精神上的宁静,甚至还可以是一项运动,如慢跑、高尔夫球等等。
Each of us has our own idea of what Cheese is, and we pursue it because we believe it can makes us happy. If we get it, we often become attached to it. And if we lose it, or it's taken away, it can be traumatic.
我们每个人的内心都有自己想要的“奶酪”,我们追寻它,想要得到它,因为我们相信,它会带给我们幸福和快乐。
然而一旦我们得到了自己梦寐以求的奶酪,又常常会对它产生依赖心理,甚至会成为它的附庸;这时如果我们忽然失去了它,或者它被人拿走了,我们
将会因此而受到极大的伤害。
The "Maze" in the story represents where you spend time looking for what you want. It can be the organization you work in, the community you live in, or the relationships you have in your life.
故事里的“迷宫“代表你花时间寻求的东西所在的地方,它可以是你效力的机构,你生活的社区,亦或是你生活中的某种人际关系。
... In the story you will see that the two mice do better when they are faced with change because they keep things simple, while the two little people's complex brains and human emotions complicate things. It is not that mice are smarter. We all know people are more intelligent than mice.
……在故事里,你会发现,当面对变化时两只小老鼠做得比两个小矮人更好,因为他们总是把事情简单化;而两个小矮人所具有的复杂的脑筋和人类的情感,却总是把亊情变得复杂化。
这并不是说老鼠比人更聪明,我们都知道人类更具智慧。
However, as you watch what the four characters do, and realize both the mice and the little people represent parts of ourselves - the simple and the complex - you can see it would be to our advantage to do the simple things that work when things change.
当你观察故亊中四个角色的行为时,你会发现,其实老鼠和小矮人代表我们自身的不同方面——简单的一面和复杂的一面。
当亊物发生变化时,或许简单行亊会给我们带来许多的便利和益处。
The Story of WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?(Extracted)
“谁动了我的奶酪?”的故事(精华摘录)
Having cheese makes you happy.
拥有奶酪,就拥有幸福。
The more important your cheese is to you, the more you want to hold on to it.
奶酪对你越重要,你就越想抓住它。
If you do not change you can become extinct.
如果你不改变,你就会被淘汰。
What would you do if you weren't afraid?
如果你无所畏惧,你会怎样做呢?
Smell the cheese often so you know when it is getting old.
经常闻一闻你的奶酪,你就会知道,它什么时候开始变质。
Movement in a new direction helps you find new cheese.
朝新的方向前进,你就会发现新的奶酪。
When you move beyond your fear, you feel free.
当你超越了自己的恐惧时,你就会感到轻松自在。
.
Imagining myself enjoying new cheese, even before I find it, leads me to find it. 在我发现奶酪之前,想像我正在享受奶酪,这会帮我找到新的奶醅。
The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you find new cheese.
越早放弃旧的奶酪,你就会越早发现新的奶酪。
It is safer to search in the Maze than remain in a cheeseless situation.
在迷宫中捜寻比停留在没有奶醅的地方更安全。
Old beliefs do not lead you to new cheese.
陈旧的信念不会帮助你找到新的奶酪。
When you see that you can find and enjoy new cheese you can change course.
当你发现你会找到新的奶酪并且能够享用它时,你就会改变你的路线。
Noticing small changes early helps you to adapt to the bigger changes that are to come.
尽早注意细小的变化,这将有助于你适应即将来临的更大的变化。
THE HANDWRITING ON THE WALL
奶酪墙上的话:
Change Happens - They keep moving the cheese
变化总是在发生——他们总是不断地拿走你的奶醅。
Anticipate Change - Get ready for the cheese to move
预见变化——随时做好奶酪被拿走的准备。
Monitor Change - Smell the cheese so you know when it is getting old
追踪变化——经常闻一闻你的奶醅,以便知道它们什么时候开始变质。
Adapt To Change Quickly - The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you can enjoy new cheese
尽快适应变化——越早放弃旧的奶酪,你就会越早享用到新的奶酪。
Change - Move with the cheese
改变——随着奶酪的变化而变化。
Enjoy Change - Savor the adventure and enjoy the taste of new cheese
享受变化!——尝试冒险,去享受新奶酪的美味!
Be ready to change quickly and enjoy it again
做好迅速变化的准备,不断地享受变化!
They keep moving the cheese
记住:他们仍会不断地拿走你的奶醅。
Move With The Cheese And Enjoy It!
随着奶酪的变化而变化,并享受变化!
两分钟做个小测试,看看你的英语水平
/test/kuaisu.aspx?tid=16-73675-0。