每天学英语

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

每天学习英语

It pays to invest in education. 投资教育是有利的。

Once you begin,you must continue.一旦开始,你就得继续。

A good beginning makes a good ending.善始者善终。

Custom is a second nature.习惯是后天养成的。

All I have to do is learn English.我所要做的就是学英语。

Let's take over the dinner.我们边吃边谈。

It's up to date. 这个很时兴。

A friend is easier lost than found. 得友难失友易。

He doesn't care about me.他并不在乎我。

Happy Valentine's Day.情人节快乐。['væləntain]

He could hardly contain[kən'tein] his excitement/anger.他抑制不住内心的激动/气愤。

If I were in your shoes.如果我站在你的立场。

Caution is the parent of safety.小心驶得万年船。

That couldn't be better.那再好不过了。

He was charged with smuggling.他被控告走私。

Have you got a backup plan?你有二手准备吗?

We will have to go in rain or fine.无论晴天下雨,我们都得去。

I'm occupied.我走不开。occupy英音:['ɔkju,pai]

What are your plans for the weekend?你周末的计划是什么?

He never touches alcohol. 他滴酒不沾。

It worths a shot. 值得一试。We were able to fix the computer blindfolded.我们轻松搞定计算机(闭眼都能做)。

Are you kidding me?你在耍我。

Break the news to somebody. 委婉地把坏消息告诉某人。

Make a hole.让开道/闪开。

Go right back to the beginning.直接回到起始位置。

We are in the same boat.我们是一根藤上的瓜。

He can hardly speak.他几乎说不出话来。

With clothes the new are best;with friends the old are best.衣服越新越好,朋友越老越好。

The scalded cat fears cold water.一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井绳。scald:[skɔ:ld]

I was intemperate[in'tempərit] in my youth.我年少轻狂。[注:intemperate a. 1.不节制的;过度的2.酗酒的3.(天气)酷烈的(寒冷的、酷热

的)]

We should learn to be temperate in eating and drinking.我们须注意控制饮食。

It's been a long time.好久不见

It never rains,it pours.不鸣则已,一鸣惊人

Footsteps announced his return.听脚步声就知道他回来了

May I ask for quarter?能不能请你高抬贵手?

What took you so long?怎么那么久

Do you have matches?你需要帮忙吗?

Do you take money?你们收钱吗?

You need a thick skin.你需要经得住批评。

- 1 -

He's in a bad skin.他正火着呢。

That excuse simply doesn't hold water.那个借口根本站不住脚。

He is a man of ex-plays/ex-convict/ex-con.他是个有前科的人。

You left the light on.你一直没关灯啊。

He turned the tables on his opponent[ə'pəunənt] and won the match.

她反败为胜赢得了比赛。

You are in for a treat.你一定会满意的。

I put my foot in my mouth.我说错话了。

You put the cart before a horse.你本末倒置。

No sweat, I'm happy to help you.不费多大力,我很愿意帮助你。

He keeps griping about having no money.他不断抱怨自己没有钱。

I cannot cope with such a pile of work.我无法处理这么多工作。Maybe some other time.也许下一次吧。

She ran her stockings. 她的丝袜婆了

A day of reckoning. 算帐的日子。

I find amusement in collecting stamps. 我发现了集邮的乐趣。

I need a place to stay. 我需要一个地方去过夜。

This comedy ['kɔmidi] has had them rolling in the aisles. 这出喜剧让他们乐得前仰后合。

Happy International Labour Day! 五一快乐。

Have fun, Good Luck. 玩得开心,好运。

This is my break. 这是我得突破。

I am lost. 我被搞糊涂了。

You've made a good choice.你的眼力不错。

He started his business on a shoestring.他用极少的本钱起家的。Let's hope for the best.让我们往好处想吧。

The flowers makes the room more beautiful. 花使房间变得更加美了。Do you have a sweet tooth? 你爱吃甜食吗?

Every man worth his salt. 谁也不是吃白饭的。

We should face difficulties with courage. 勇敢面对困难。

He has geared himself up for the interview. 他为面试作好了准备。

I can't resist the temptation. 我不能抵抗诱惑。

He jumped down my throat at the mention of his wife. 一提到他妻子他就暴跳如雷。

I saved your life, you saved mine, we're square. 我救你一命,你救我

一命,我们扯平了。

There is a big hole in my head.我什么也不记得了。

Don't play games with me.别跟我捣鬼。

I'll show you.我指给你看。

The battery went dead. 电池没电了。

I'm just have a look. 我只是随便看看。

The Summer Holiday is still a long way off. 离放暑假还早着呢。

A man can do no more than he can. 凡事都该量力而行。

Mr. Smith is in charge of this class. 史密斯老师负责该班。Difficulties and failures did not damp down his enthusiasm. 困难和失败都没有挫伤他的热情。[in'θju:ziæzəm]

Do you mind my smoking? 你介意我吸烟吗?

Can we calculate on their help? 我们能指望他们的帮忙吗?

You stood us up.你放我们鸽子了。

He is a no-show.他放鸽子。

- 2 -

相关文档
最新文档