翻译加造句
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
一、翻译
1. The idea of consciously seeking out a special title was new to me., but not without appeal.
让我自己挑选自己最喜欢的书籍这个有意思的想法真的对我具有吸引力。
2.I was plunged into the aching tragedy of the Holocaust, the extraordinary clash of good, represented by the one decent man, and evil.
我陷入到大屠杀悲剧的痛苦之中,一个体面的人所代表的善与恶的猛烈冲击之中。
3.I was astonished by the the great power a novel could contain. I lacked the vocabulary to translate my feelings into words.
我被这部小说所包含的巨大能量感到震惊。我无法用语言来表达我的感情(心情)。
4,make sth. long to short长话短说
5.I learned that summer that reading was not the innocent(简单的) pastime(消遣) I have assumed it to be., not a breezy, instantly forgettable escape in the hammock(吊床),( though I’ ve enjoyed many of those too ). I discovered that a book, if it arrives at the right moment, in the proper season, will change the course of all that follows.
那年夏天,我懂得了读书不是我认为的简单的娱乐消遣,也不只是躺在吊床上,一阵风吹过就忘记的消遣。我发现如果在适宜的时间、合适的季节读一本书的话,他将能改变一个人以后的人生道路。
二、词组造句
1. on purpose 特意,故意
This is especially true here, and it was ~.
(这一点在这里尤其准确,并且他是故意的)
2.think up 虚构,编造,想出
She has thought up a good idea. 她想出了一个好的主意。
His story was thought up. 他的故事是编出来的。
3. in the meantime 与此同时
助记:in advance 事前in the meantime 与此同时in place 适当地...
In the meantime, what can you do?
在这期间您能做什么呢?
In the meantime, we may not know how it works, but we know that it works.
在此期间,我们不知道它是如何工作的,但我们知道,它的确在发挥作用。
4.as though 好像,仿佛
It sounds as though you enjoyed Great wall. 这听起来好像你喜欢长城。
5. plunge into 使陷入
He plunged the room into darkness by switching off the light. 他把灯一关,房
一、翻译
1. My mother was brought up in the Victorian belief that emotions were private.
我母亲生长在维多利亚信仰的时代:认为情感是隐藏的。
2.But still I kept trying to draw from her what she could not give, a sharing of the deep places of her heart.
我仍然禁不住去尝试发现她内心深处所不能给我们的情感分享。
3.Eagerness turned to disappointment, then resignation and, finally, peace.
焦急变成了一种失望,又很无奈,最终将归于平静。
4.I could stop trying to make her into someone she was not.
我禁不住去想母亲不是这样的关系该多好啊。
5.Send me a reply, my letter asks, in any way you choose. Mother, you always chose the act that speaks louder than words.
我曾经在信中请求,以您选择的任何一种方式给我回封信。你总是选择比言辞更响亮的行动来表达您的爱意。
6. Those days people throughout the world were looking forward to the day of victory with great eagerness.
这些天来全世界的人们焦急的等待着胜利的到来。
二、短语
1、fold down 把…翻下
Eg: Don’t fold down the corners of the page, it damages the book.
别把书页角折起来,这要把书弄坏了。
2、bring up 抚养、教育
Eg: My parents brought me up to respect others.
我父母教育我要尊重他人。
3、yearn for 渴望、向往(=long for)
Eg: We long for (yearn for) a parent to care for us, to forgive us our errors, to save us from childish mistakes.
我们渴望一位家长能关怀我们,原谅我们的过失,帮助我们避免犯下幼稚的错误。
4、convert …into 把…改建成…(过程复杂)
Eg: That gives it the opportunity to absorb, and thus convert into electricity,most of red light falling on it, as well as the blue.
这使得它有机会将大部分照在他上面的红光光线以及蓝光光线吸收并转化成电能。
It is known that solar power can be converted into electric energy.
众所周知,太阳能能转化成电能。