着迷英语900句
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
╭=================================╮
* 单词速记: *
* /?id=330 *
* *
* 掌握速读记忆 考试轻松如意 *
* 30小时提高阅读速度5-10倍 *
* 训练教程免费下载 *
* *
* 更多资料 *
╰=================================╯
着迷英语900句
第一集
BILL: Good morning, sir. 先生早。
MAN: Good morning. 早。
PAULO: Hello, Bill. How are you today? 喂,比尔,今天好吗?
BILL: Fine, thanks. Beautiful day! 很好, 谢谢您. 今天天气真好!
PAULO: Good for business. 是个做生意的好日子。
BILL: Sure is. 说的是。
PAULO: See you later. 回头见。
BILL: OK. Paulo. See you later. 好, 回头见,保罗。
GIRL: Excuse me, sir. 先生,请问..
BILL: Yes? 有什么指教?
GIRL: Is this the Museum of Modern Art? 这是不是现代艺术博物馆?
BILL: No. This is the Space Building. That’s the Museum over there. 不是,这是太空大厦。那边那
座是博物馆。
GIRL: Thank you very much. 谢谢您。
BILL: You’re welcome. 不客气。
PAULO: Bill! 比尔!
BILL: Hi, Paulo. 嗨,保罗。
PAULO: Bill, this is my sister, Joana Farias. 比尔,这是我妹妹琼娜·法瑞斯。
BILL: Very pleased to meet you. 很高兴认识。
PAULO: Excuse me, Bill. Your last name is...? 抱歉,比尔。您的姓是..?
BILL: O’Neill. 奥尼尔.
PAULO: Bill O’Neill. 比尔·奥尼尔.
JOANA: How do you do, Mr. O’Neill? 奥尼尔先生您好.
BILL: Call me Bill. 叫我比尔就可以.
WOMAN: Excuse me, sir. Is this the Museum of Modern Art? 先生, 对不起, 请问这是不是现代
艺术馆?
PAULO: Good-bye, Bill. See you this afternoon. 比尔再见, 下午见.
BILL: Good-bye. A pleasure meeting you, Joana. 再见. 很高兴和您见面, 琼娜.
BILL: Now, Miss. The Museum of Modern Art is... 嗯, 小姐, 现代艺术博物馆在..
PAULO: Hello, Bill. 比尔您好.
BILL: Hi, Paulo. How are you? 嗨, 保罗, 您好吗?
PAULO: Fine, thanks. Bill, this is my mother, Mrs. Farias. Mother, Bill O’Neill. 很好,谢谢。比尔,
这位是家母法瑞斯太太。妈, 这位是比尔·奥尼尔.
MRS. FARIAS: How do you do, Mr. O’Neill? 奥尼尔先生您好。
BILL: Pleased to meet you, Mrs. Farias. 很高兴认识您,法瑞斯太太。
MRS. FARIAS: Paulo, is that Joana over there? 保罗,那边那位是不是琼娜?
PAULO: Yes. Joana! Joana! 是的。琼娜! 琼娜!
MRS. FARIAS: Good-bye, Mr. O’Neill. Nice to meet you. 奥尼尔先生再见, 很高兴认识您.
着迷英语900 句
BILL: A pleasure meeting you, Mrs. Farias. Good night, Paulo. See you tomorrow. 很高兴认识您,
法瑞斯太太. 保罗晚安, 明天见。
LAURA: Hi, Bill. I’m late again. 比尔,您好。我又迟到了。
BILL: Uh-huh. Fifteen minutes. 是的, 迟到了十五
分钟。
LAURA: Really? 真的?
BILL: Yes, really. 嗯, 真的。
LAURA: Is my boss here? 老板来了没有?
BILL: Yes, he is. Good luck. 嗯,来了。祝您好运。
LAURA: Good morning, sir. 老板您早。
MR. CRAWFORD: Good morning, Miss Segura. 瑟姑拉小姐早。
LAURA: I’m sorry I’m late, sir, but this morning... 对不起, 老板, 我迟到了。是因为今天早上...
MR. CRAWFORD: You are always late, Miss Segura. 瑟姑拉小姐, 您总是迟到。
LAURA: But, sir, this morning... 可是今天早上...
MR.CRAWFORD: Miss Segura, please be here at nine o’clock. 瑟姑拉小姐, 请九点钟到。
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 老板。
BILL: Well, how’s your boss this morning? 您的老板今天怎么样?
LAURA: He’s angry. “Miss Segura. Please be here at nine o’clock.” 他生气了. “瑟姑拉小姐, 请您
九点钟到。”
BILL: Your boss is right. 您的老板没有错。
LAURA: He’s a monster! 他是一个怪物!
BILL: He’s right, Laura. 劳拉, 他是对的。
LAURA: OK, he’s right. 好吧, 他没有错。
BILL: Here. 来这儿。
LAURA: What is it? 那是什么?
BILL: It’s an ice cream sandwich. 一个冰淇淋叁明治。
LAURA: How much is it? 多少钱?
BILL: For you-free! 给您... 免费赠送!
LAURA: Oh, Bill. You’re a sweetheart! 比尔, 您真好!
MR.CRAWFORD: Hi, dear. Sorry I’m late. 亲爱的, 我回来了。今天晚了一点, 很抱歉。
MRS. CRAWFORD: That’s okay, dear. Busy day? 没关系, 亲爱的, 忙吗?
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, very. My secretary, Miss Segura... 嗯, 非常忙, 我的秘书瑟姑拉小姐...
MRS. CRAWFORD: Laura! How is she? 劳拉! 她怎么样了?
MR. CRAWFORD: She’s fine, but... 她很好, 但是...
MRS. CRAWFORD: Oh, that’s good. She’s very nice. 那好, 她人很好.
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, she is, but she’s always late. 是的, 她很好, 可是她经常迟到.
MRS. CRAWFORD: Very late? 很迟吗?
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes. Fifteen minutes is very late! 嗯, 迟到十五分钟非常的严重!
JOANA: Where’s the English class? 英文课在哪上?
PAULO: On the first floor. Room 101. 在一楼, 一零一号教室.
JOANA: Are you sure? 您确定吗?
PAULO: No, I... 不, 我...
着迷英语900 句
JOANA: Look, Paulo. Are those students in our class? 保罗您看, 那些学生是不是在我们的班上?
PAULO: Maybe they are. Excuse me. Good evening. Are you in English 3? 或许是. 很抱歉, 各位
晚安. 请问您们是不是上第叁级英文?
STUDENTS: Yes, we are. 是的, 我们是.
PAULO: What’s the room number? 教室是几号?
STUDENT 1: 201. On the second floor. 二零一, 在二楼.
PAULO: Thank you. See you there. 谢谢. 到那儿见.
PAULO: Look, Joana. There’s my assistant, Maria, and her husband. Hello, Maria! Over here! 琼娜,
你看, 那位就是我的助手玛利亚, 还有她的先生. 喂, 玛利亚! 在这里!
MARIA: Paulo! Joana! What a surprise! Are you here for English, too? 保罗! 琼
娜! 真想不到! 您
们也来上英文课吗?
PAULO AND JOANA: Yes, we are. 是的, 我们也是.
MARIA: Howard, this is Paulo Farias, the new manager, and his sister, Joana. My husband, Howard
Becker. 霍华德, 这就是那新来的经理保罗·法瑞斯, 和他的妹妹琼娜. 这是我先生, 霍华德·贝
克.
PAULO, JOANA, AND HOWARD: Nice to meet you. 很高兴认识您.
PAULO: Here’s the room. 201. 到了, 就是这间, 二零一号教室.
TEACHER: Good evening, class. 各位同学, 晚安.
STUDENTS: Good evening. 晚安.
TEACHER: Please sit down. Here are your books, New English 900. Now, listen to this dialogue.
Books closed. 请坐下. 这是您们的书. “新英语九百句”. 现在请把书合起来听听这段对话.
JOANA: Paulo, I’m nervous. 保罗, 我很紧张.
PAULO: Why? 为什么?
JOANA: I’m always nervous in school. 上课的时候我总是会紧张.
PAULO: Why? The teacher is very nice. 为什么? 这位老师很慈祥.
JOANA: Yes, she is. But English is hard. 她是很慈祥, 可是英文太难了.
PAULO: A new language is always hard. 学一种新的语言总是很困难的.
STUDENT: Ssssh! 嘘!
JOANA: I’m sorry. 对不起.
TEACHER: Now, open your books to page 1, and repeat after me. 现在请将书打开到第一页,并跟
着我念.
ARTURO: There’s the plane, Miguel. Wow! It’s a 747. 米盖尔, 飞机就在那里. 哇! 是架七四七!
MAMA: My little Miguel. 我的小米盖尔.
MIGUEL: Mama, I’m a man! 妈, 我已经长大了!
ARTURO: 747’s are beautiful planes. 七四七客机真漂亮.
MAMA: Where is your suitcase? 你的旅行箱在哪?
MIGUEL: Right here, Mama. 就在这里, 妈.
MAMA: And your tickets? 机票呢?
MIGUEL: They’re in my pocket, Mama. 在我的口袋里, 妈.
MAMA: And your passport? 护照呢?
MIGUEL: It’s in my pocket, too, Mama. 护照也在我的口袋里, 妈.
MAMA: Here’s a present. 来, 这是件礼物.
着迷英语900 句
MIGUEL: Oh, Mama. 噢, 妈.
MAMA: Open it. 打开吧!
MIGUEL: It’s beautiful. 真漂亮.
ARTURO: What is it? 那是什么?
MIGUEL: A gold coin. 一块金币.
MAMA: It’s for luck. 是带给你的好运.
MIGUEL: Thank you, Mama. 谢谢妈.
MAMA: Good-bye, Son. 再见, 孩子.
ARTURO: Good-bye, Miguel. 米盖尔再见.
MIGUEL: Good-bye Arturo. Good-bye, Mama. 阿徒若再见, 妈再见.
CARLO: Aren’t you hungry? 您不饿吗?
ANNA: No, I’m not. Not really. 还好, 不怎么饿.
CARLO: Well, it’s 9:30, and I am. 哦, 已经九点半了, 我可饿了.
ANNA: There’s a cafeteria on the ground floor. 在一楼有一个自助餐厅.
CARLO: But it’s expensive, isn’t it? 可是那家自助餐厅卖得很贵, 不是吗?
ANNA: No, it isn’t. 不贵呀.
CARLO: How’s the food? 菜怎么样?
ANNA: It’s not bad. 还不错.
CARLO: OK. then. Let’s go to the cafeteria. 好吧, 我们就去自助餐厅吧!
CARLO: What’s that in English? 那个英文怎么讲?
ANNA: Stew. Stew.
CARLO:
Spell it. 拼出来.
ANNA: S-t-e-w. S-t-e-w.
CARLO: S-t-e-w. Stew, stew. S-t-e-w. Stew, stew.
COUNTERMAN: Next, next. Who’s next? 下一位, 下一位, 下一位是谁?
CARLO: Uh, I’m not ready yet, thank you. 这个... 我还没想好, 不好意思.
COUNTERMAN: Take your time. Next! 慢慢来. 下一位!
CARLO: What are those, Anna? 安娜, 那些是什么?
ANNA: Baked potatoes. 烤的马铃薯.
COUNTERMAN: Next! 下一位!
MAN: A hamburger and french fries, please. 请给我一个汉堡, 还有一客炸薯条.
COUNTERMAN: Joe, a burger and fries. Next! 乔, 汉堡、薯条一客! 下一位!
ANNA: You’re next, Carlo. 卡洛, 轮到你了.
CARLO: Uh, stew, a salad, and coffee, please. 这个..., 请给我燉肉、一客沙拉、还有咖啡.
COUNTERMAN: Here you are. The coffee’s at that counter over there. Next! 这是你的, 咖啡在那
边的柜檯上. 下一位。
ANNA: Vegetable soup, please. 请给我蔬菜汤.
COUNTERMAN: Here you are. Next! 这是你的. 下一位!
CARLO: What’s that? 那是什么?
ANNA: Pizza. Pizza.
CARLO: No, not in Italian. What is it in English? 不, 不是用意大利文, 英文怎么讲?
ANNA: It’s “pizza” in English, too. 英文也叫Pizza.
着迷英语900 句
CARLO: Oh, really? What are those? 哦, 真的? 那些是什么东西?
ANNA: Baked potatoes. 烤马铃薯.
CARLO: And this? 那这个呢?
ANNA: Uh... an apple. 嗯... 是apple (苹果).
CARLO: Are you sure? 你确定吗?
ANNA: Yes, I’m sure. 当然确定.
CARLO: Spell it. 把它拼出来.
ANNA: A-p-p-l-e. A-p-p-l-e.
CARLO: A-p-p-l-e, apple. Spell “potato”. A-p-p-l-e, apple, 把potato (马铃薯) 拼出来.
ANNA: P-o-t-a-t-o. P-o-t-a-t-o.
CARLO: And... 还有这个...
ANNA: Look! Isn’t that Atsuko, the woman in our class? let’s sit there. Hi, Atsuko. Where’s your
husband? 你看! 那不是我们班上的明子吗? 我们坐那边吧. 明子你好,你的先生呢?
ATSUKO: He’s in line again. He’s hungry tonight. 他又去排队了, 他今天晚上很饿.
CARLO: How’s the food here? 这里的菜怎么样?
ATSUKO: It’s okay. The rice isn’t good, but the sandwiches are okay. 还可以, 这里的饭不好吃,
但是叁明治还不错.
PEDRO: Are you writing letters again? 你又在写信了?
MIGUEL: Huh? 什么?
PEDRO: What are you doing? 你在做什么?
MIGUEL: I’m writing to my mother. 我在写信给我妈妈.
PEDRO: Send her my regards. 代我问候她.
MIGUEL: Where are you going? Isn’t that my new sweater? 你要去哪里? 那不是我的新毛衣吗?
PEDRO: Yes. I’m going to the movies with Marta, the Colombian girl on the fourth floor. 是. 我正
要与四楼那位哥伦比亚女孩子玛它去看电影.
MIGUEL: You are? What about the woman in your office? 你真要去? 那, 你的公司那位小姐呢?
PEDRO: What about her? 她怎么样?
MIGUEL: Aren’t you seeing her tonight? 你今天晚上不是要去看她的吗?
PEDRO: No, tomorrow night. 不是, 是
明天晚上.
MIGUEL: And... what’s her name, the girl in the bakery? 还有... 麵包店那个叫什么名字来着的女
孩子?
PEDRO: Yolanda? I’m seeing her on Friday. 幼兰达? 我星期五要看她.
MIGUEL: Marta’s a nice girl. 玛它是个很善良的好女孩.
PEDRO: Who? Oh, Marta. Yes, she is, isn’t she? It’s her birthday next Sunday. 谁? 哦, 玛它. 是的,
她很善良可不是吗? 下星期天是她的生日.
MIGUEL: I know. April 22nd. 我知道, 是四月二十二号.
PEDRO: We’re going to a party. 我们将要参加一个宴会.
MIGUEL: Aren’t you going to the movies? 你们不是要去看电影吗?
PEDRO: Yes. Tonight Marta and I are going to the movies. Next week, on Marta’s birthday, we’re
going to a party. 是啊!我和玛它今天晚上要去看电影. 在下个礼拜玛它过生日时, 我将要参加
宴会.
MIGUEL: Oh. 喔!
着迷英语900 句
PEDRO: Marta isn’t going to the party. 玛它不参加聚会了.
MIGUEL: Oh? Why? 哦? 为什么?
PEDRO: She’s sick. 她生病了.
MIGUEL: Oh, I’m sorry. What’s wrong? 噢, 真可惜, 她怎么了?
PEDRO: A headache. 头痛.
MIGUEL: A headache? 头痛啊?
PEDRO: Yes, a headache. 对了, 头痛.
MIGUEL: Where are you going? 你要去哪?
PEDRO: To the party. 去参加聚会.
MIGUEL: You’re going alone? 你一个人去吗?
PEDRO: Sure. Are you writing to your mother again? 当然. 你又要写信给你妈妈?
MIGUEL: Yes. 是的.
PEDRO: Send her my regards. Well, I’m going. Good-bye. 请代我问候她. 好了, 我要走了, 再见.
MIGUEL: Bye. See you later. 回头见.
MARTA: Who is it? 那一位?
MIGUEL: Miguel. Pedro’s friend. 米盖尔, 佩德罗的朋友.
MARTA: What a surprise! Come in. 真想不到! 请进.
MIGUEL: Thank you. Here. Happy birthday. 谢谢. 这个给你, 祝你生日快乐.
MARTA: Oh, Miguel. They’re beautiful! Thank you. 米盖尔, 真漂亮, 谢谢你.
MIGUEL: I’m sorry about your headache. 听说你头痛, 我真替你难过.
MARTA: Headache? Oh, yes, my headache. I’m fine now, thank you. 头痛? 噢, 是的, 我是头痛,
但现在已经好了, 谢谢你.
MIGUEL: I’m glad. Let’s go to a movie, then. 我很高兴. 那么, 我们一起去看电影, 好不好?
MARTA: Miguel! What a good idea! 米盖尔! 那真是一个好主意!
BILL: Hello! Nora? Billy? Jack? Suzy? Peggy? I’m home! 喂! 诺拉? 比利? 杰克? 苏西? 蓓姬?
我回来了!
NORA: Hi, dear. You’re home early. 嗨! 亲爱的, 你回来得很早嘛!
BILL: Hi, honey. Where were you? 嗨! 甜心, 你刚才在哪里?
NORA: I was in the bathroom. 我在洗手间.
BILL: Where are the kids? 孩子们到哪里去了?
NORA: Peggy’s at the library. Billy and Jack are at baseball practice. 蓓姬去图书馆, 比利和杰克
练棒球去了.
BILL: And Suzy? 苏西呢?
NORA: She was here a few minutes ago. Maybe she’s in her room. 她刚刚还在这里, 也许在她的
房里吧!
BILL: Gee, I’m tired.
唷, 好累.
NORA: How was your day? 今天怎么样?
BILL: Busy, but not bad. 很忙, 但是还不错.
BILLY AND JACK: Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad. 妈你好. 爸你好.
BILL: Hi, kids. How was baseball practice? 你们好, 棒球练得怎么样?
JACK: Great! I’m hungry, Mom. 非常好. 妈, 我肚子饿了.
着迷英语900 句
BILLY: Jack, we weren’t great, and you know it. 杰克, 我们练得并不好, 你是知道的.
JACK: Maybe you weren’t. 或许你练得不好.
BILLY: Oh, I see. You were great, but the team wasn’t. 哦, 我懂了, 你练得非常好, 而全队不怎
么好.
JACK: Right. Now you understand. 对了, 你现在才晓得.
BILLY: Jack, you are a... 杰克, 你这个人...
NORA: Dinner’s almost ready. About five more minutes. 再五分钟左右, 晚餐就好了.
BILL: When’s the big game? 什么时候大赛?
BILLY: Next Saturday. This was our last practice before the game. 下星期六. 这是我们比赛前的
最后一次练习.
JACK: I’m hungry. 我肚子饿了.
BILLY: Hey, Jack. Let’s practice until dinner’s ready. 嗨, 杰克. 我们再去练, 练到吃晚餐为止.
JACK: OK. Superman. Let’s go. 好吧, 超人. 走吧!
ALI: Mama, I’m hungry. I want a hot dog. 妈, 我饿了, 我要吃热狗.
MRS. NIKZAD: Ali, be patient. 阿里, 不要急.
MR. NIKZAD: Now let’s see. 我们来看
MR. NIKZAD: On this map there are three restaurants in the Plaza of Nations, 这张地图, 上面有叁
家餐馆在国家广场里,
MR. NIKZAD: Italian, French, and Spanish. 包括义大利风味、法国风味和西班牙风味.
MR. NIKZAD: How about Italian food for lunch? 午餐吃义大利菜怎么样?
ALI: But, Father, I want a hot dog! 但是, 爸, 我要吃热狗嘛!
MR. NIKZAD: Ali, be quiet. I’m talking to your mother. 阿里,别吵, 我在跟你妈说话.
MRS. NIKZAD: Dear, he’s only six. 亲爱的, 他才六岁嘛!
ALI: Look! An ice cream man! May I have an ice cream sandwich, please, please? I love ice cream
sandwiches. 你看! 冰淇淋摊贩! 我可以吃冰淇淋叁明治吗? 拜托! 我最喜欢吃冰淇淋叁明治.
MR. NIKZAD: He’s impossible. 真是拿他没办法.
MRS. NIKZAD: He’s only a child. 他还小.
MR. NIKZAD: You may have your ice cream sandwich after lunch. 吃完午餐以后你才可以吃冰淇
淋叁明治.
MR. NIKZAD: Excuse me, sir. Can you help me? Where is the Italian restaurant? 对不起先生, 您
能不能帮个忙? 请问义大利餐馆在哪?
BILL: It’s in the Italian Pavilion, over there. On the second floor. 就在那边的义大利馆里面. 在二
楼.
MR. NIKZAD: Thank you. 谢谢.
ALI: I can have an ice cream sandwich later, can’t I? 待会儿我可以吃冰淇淋叁明治吗?
BILL: Of course, you can. After lunch. 当然可以, 但要在吃过午餐以后.
ALI: My name’s Ali. 我的名字叫阿里.
MRS. NIKZAD: Come along, Ali. The man is busy. 过来, 阿里, 这位先生很忙.
BILL: That’s OK. Where are you from, Ali? 没
关系, 阿里, 你从哪儿来的?
ALI: Iran. 伊朗.
BILL: Really? 真的吗?
着迷英语900 句
ALI: Yes. I can speak two languages. 嗯, 我会说两种语言.
BILL: Oh? Your English is very good. 哦? 你英文说得很好.
ALI: Yes. 嗯.
MR. NIKZAD: Come, Ali! The restaurant’s over here. 阿里,来, 餐馆就在这.
MRS. NIKZAD: Come along, Ali. Good-bye, sir. Thank you for your help. 快来, 阿里. 先生再见,
谢谢你的帮忙.
ALI: Bye-bye, ice cream man. 拜拜, 卖冰淇淋的先生.
BILL: Good-bye, Ali. See you after lunch. 阿里,再见, 午餐后再碰头.
WAITER: Here are your cocktails. 这是二位的? 尾酒.
MR. CRAWFORD: Thank you. 谢谢.
WAITER: The sherry? 雪利酒是哪一位的?
MRS. CRAWFORD: For me, thank you. 我的, 谢谢.
WAITER: And the martini is for you, sir? 这杯马丁尼该是先生的吧?
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, thank you. 是的, 谢谢.
WAITER: May I take your order now? 二位要不要点菜?
MR. CRAWFORD: Please. 好的.
WAITER: The lobster is very good today. 今天的龙虾很不错.
MR. CRAWFORD: Dear? 亲爱的, 怎么样?
MRS. CRAWFORD: Oh, a fruit salad, please. 噢, 请给我一客水果沙拉.
WAITER: Certainly. And you, sir? 好的. 先生您呢?
MR. CRAWFORD: The lobster, and a salad, please. 请来个龙虾和沙拉.
WAITER: Thank you. Wine, sir? 好的, 先生要不要叫一点葡萄酒?
MR. CRAWFORD: Wine, dear? 亲爱的, 要不要酒?
MRS. CRAWFORD: No, not for me. 不, 我不要.
MR. CRAWFORD: No, thank you. 不要, 谢谢.
WAITER: Very good, sir. 好的, 先生.
PAULO: Hey, Joana. Why aren’t you ready? It’s almost 7 o’clock! 嗨, 琼娜! 你怎么还没准备好?
快七点了!
JOANA: I’m sorry, Paulo. I’m not going. I have to study. 对不起, 保罗. 我不去了, 我要念书.
PAULO: But you can study later. Don’t you want to go? 念书可以待会儿再念, 你不想去吗?
JOANA: No, not really. I don’t like dinner parties. 嗯, 我不太想去, 我不喜欢宴会.
PAULO: But what can I tell the Crawfords? 那么我怎么跟郭佛夫妇说呢?
JOANA: Tell them I’m sick. 告诉他们说我不舒服.
PAULO: But you aren’t sick. Come on, Joana. I don’t like to lie. 可是你没有不舒服呀! 拜托, 琼
娜, 我不喜欢撒谎.
JOANA: And I don’t like to go to dinner parties. 我不喜欢参加宴会.
PAULO: Come on, Joana. You can’t say “no” to the Crawfords. 琼娜帮个忙, 你不能拒绝郭佛家
人的邀请.
JOANA: My English is so bad, and they don’t speak Portuguese. 我的英文那么差, 而他们又不会
说葡萄牙文.
PAULO: Your English is fine. And you have a good accent. 你的英文很好, 而且你的发音很标准.
着迷英语900 句
JOANA: Do you really think so? 你真的这样认为吗?
PAULO: Yes, I do. And you can practice your English at the party. 是的, 我真的这样认为. 何况
你参加宴会, 又可以练习说英文.
JOANA: You’re so confident. 你倒很有
信心.
PAULO: Then you’re coming? 这么说, 你是要去了.
JOANA: No, Paulo. I don’t want to go. 不, 保罗, 我还是不想去.
PAULO: Please, Joana. Do it for me. For my career.琼娜, 我求你, 就算是为我好了, 为了我的前途
JOANA: Who’s that? 是谁啊?
PAULO: He’s here. Please, Joana, for me. The door’s open! Come in! 他来了, 琼娜请帮我开开门.
门没锁, 请进!
MICHAEL: Hi, Paulo. 嗨, 保罗.
PAULO: Hello, Michael. Do you know my sister, Joana? 嗨, 迈克尔. 你认不认识我妹妹琼娜?
MICHAEL: No, I don’t. 不认识.
PAULO: Joana, I want you to meet Michael Crawford. He’s driving us to his parents’ party. 琼娜,
介绍一下, 这是迈克尔·郭佛. 他要载我们去参加他父母的宴会.
JOANA: How do you do? 你好.
MICHAEL: It’s a pleasure to meet you Joana. 琼娜, 很高兴认识.
PAULO: I’m ready, but Joana... 我已经准备好了, 但是琼娜她...
JOANA: Oh, Paulo. Just five more minutes. Sorry to keep you waiting. 噢, 保罗, 再五分钟就好了.
对不起, 让你等.
MICHAEL: Don’t apologize. I’m happy you’re coming. 不用道歉, 我很高兴你们来参加.
MR. CRAWFORD: Michael. 迈克尔.
MICHAEL: Yes, Dad. 爸爸, 什么事?
MR. CRAWFORD: We have to talk. 我们必须谈一谈.
MICHAEL: Oh? What about? 哦? 谈什么?
MR. CRAWFORD: The business, son. 谈有关公司的事.
MICHAEL: What about it? 公司怎么样?
MR. CRAWFORD: It’s growing. I want an assistant, and... 公司在扩大业务,我需要一个助手,而.
MICHAEL: And you want me. 而您需要我.
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes. I’m 57. Soon... 对, 我已经五十七岁了, 没多久...
MICHAEL: Dad. You know I’m an artist. 爸爸, 你知道我是个艺术家.
MR. CRAWFORD: I don’t understand. 我不瞭解.
MICHAEL: I know you don’t. 我知道你不瞭解.
MR. CRAWFORD: You’re 29. You’re intelligent. 你二十九岁, 又很有头脑.
MICHAEL: And I want to paint. 我要画画.
MR. CRAWFORD: That’s a hobby, not a career. 那是一种嗜好, 不是一种职业.
MICHAEL: What about Michelangelo or Picasso? Was it a hobby for them, too? 米开朗基罗跟毕
加索呢? 画画对他们来讲也是一种嗜好吗?
MR. CRAWFORD: No. Of course not. But... 不是, 当然不是, 可是...
MICHAEL: But what? Maybe I’m not Picasso. But I have to try. Give me a year. One more year. 可
是怎么样? 我固然不是毕加索, 可是我不能不试一试. 再给我一年的时间好了, 一年.
着迷英语900 句
FRIEND: Don’t cry, Laura. You don’t have to work there. 劳拉你不要哭, 你不一定要在那里工作.
LAURA: But I need the money! 可是我不能喝西北风! (可是我需要钱呀!)
FRIEND: Why don’t you look for a new job? 你为什么不找一份新的工作?
LAURA: Where? How? I don’t know my way around New York. I feel lost. 到哪里找? 怎么找?
我对纽约不熟, 我感到茫然.
FRIEND: What’s wrong with the job, L
aura? What don’t you like about it? 劳拉, 那份工作哪里不
好? 你是哪一点不喜欢呢?
LAURA: My boss. I don’t understand him. 我的老板, 我不瞭解他.
FRIEND: What don’t you understand? 你哪一点不瞭解?
LAURA: I don’t think he’s human. 我觉得他不是人.
FRIEND: What do you mean? 我不懂?
LAURA: For him, business is everything. Business is his life. 对他来说, 生意就是一切, 生意就是
他的生命.
FRIEND: Oh, Laura. He can’t be so bad. 噢, 劳拉, 他不可能那么差劲.
LAURA: Oh, yes he is. He’s a machine. 他的确那么差劲. 他像机器一样.
LAURA: No friendly words, no smiles, no little compliments. Nothing. Just business. 从来不说一声
友善的话, 从来不微笑, 从来不称赞人家一下. 什么都没有, 就只有生意.
LAURA: He isn’t human. 他没有人性.
FRIEND: What about your work? You like it, don’t you? 你的工作怎么样? 你喜欢, 对不对?
LAURA: Yes, I do. And I know I’m a good secretary, but... 是的, 我喜欢. 而且我知道我是个好
秘书, 可是...
FRIEND: But what? 可是怎么样?
LAURA: To him, I am nothing. A machine. A late machine. I am not a machine. 我在他的眼里一文
不值, 是部机器. 一部过时的机器, 但我不是机器!
FRIEND: Why don’t you talk to him? 你为什么不和他说呢?
LAURA: Because he’s impossible. Leopards don’t change their spots. I have to look for a new job.
因为他不可理喻, 本性难移. 我必须找份新工作.
PAULO: What are you doing? 你在做什么?
JOANA: I’m writing a note to the Crawfords. I want to thank them for dinner. 我在写一封信给郭佛
家人, 以感谢他们的晚餐招待.
PAULO: Why don’t you call them? Here people always use the phone. 为什么不打电话? 这里的
人都是用电话的.
JOANA: Well, okay. 好吧.
PAULO: Why don’t we invite them to dinner? 我们为什么不请他们来吃晚餐?
JOANA: That’s a good idea. I want Mama to meet Mrs. Crawford. 这个主意很好, 我希望妈妈能
认识郭佛太太.
PAULO: What about Mr. Crawford? Don’t you like him? 郭佛先生呢? 你不喜欢他吗?
JOANA: He’s impossible. 他不可理喻.
PAULO: Be nice to him. 你要对他好一点.
JOANA: You can be nice to him. I don’t like him. 你可以对他好, 我可不喜欢他.
PAULO: Are you inviting Michael, too? 你也要请迈克尔吗?
着迷英语900 句
JOANA: Of course. 当然.
PAULO: He was very happy last night. 他昨天晚上很开心.
JOANA: I was, too. 我也很开心.
PAULO: But Michael is always so quiet. And last night, he was talking and laughing. 可是迈克尔总
是那么沉默. 而昨天晚上他有说有笑.
JOANA: What do you think about Michael? 你对迈克尔印象怎么样?
PAULO: I think he’s a great guy, but he isn’t very ambitious. 我认为他人非常好, 可是不太上进.
JIM: Grandfather, don’t lift that. Let me help you. 爷爷, 别提那
个, 让我帮你忙.
MR. YAMAMOTO: Thank you, but... 谢谢, 但...
JIM: You have a bad back. 你的背脊骨不好.
MR. YAMAMOTO: I am old, but I’m not helpless. 我年纪大了, 可是还挺得住.
JIM: OK, Grandfather. Can I help you? 好吧, 爷爷. 能为您效劳吗?
CUSTOMER 1: Do you have any lettuce? 有没有萵苣?
JIM: Yes, sir. Over there, in the second case. 有的, 先生, 在那边, 第二个框.
CUSTOMER 1: How much is it? 怎么卖?
JIM: Seventy-nine cents a head. 一棵七毛九.
CUSTOMER 2: Excuse me. How much are the grapes? 请问葡萄怎么卖?
JIM: Ninety -nine cents a pound. 一磅九毛九.
CUSTOMER 2: And the oranges? 橙子呢?
JIM: They’re five for a dollar. 一块钱五个.
JIM: Can I help you? 买什么?
CUSTOMER 1: Please. I can’t find the lettuce. 麻烦你一下, 我找不到萵苣.
JIM: Isn’t there any in the second case? 第二个箱子里没有吗?
CUSTOMER 1: I don’t think so. 好像没有.
JIM: We don’t have a lot of lettuce today. How much do you need? 我们今天没有很多萵苣, 您需
要多少?
CUSTOMER 1: Not much. Only one head. Oh, and a few limes. 不多, 一棵就够了. 对了, 还要几
个酸橙.
JIM: The limes are over there. 酸橙在那边.
CUSTOMERR 1: There aren’t many there. 那边没有几个.
JIM: Oh? How many do you need? 哦? 您要几个?
CUSTOMER 1: Oh, four or five. 大概四五个.
MR. YAMAMOTO: Is anything wrong? 有什么问题吗?
CUSTOMER 1: Oh, hello, Mr. Yamamoto. 噢, 山本先生, 您好.
MR. YAMAMOTO: You know my name? 你知道我的名字啊?
CUSTOMER 1: Of course. Your market is famous. 当然, 您的店很有名.
MR. YAMAMOTO: Is it? 是吗?
CUSTOMER 1: There’s an article about it in the paper. Here, look. “GOING TO THE FAIR? FIRST
STOP: YAMAMOTO’S
FRUIT AND VEGETABLE MARKET.” 报纸上有一篇文章讲它。来, 你看:“打算到博览会去吗?
第一站:山本果菜店。”
JIM: May I buy the newspaper from you? 我能向你买这份报纸吗?
着迷英语900 句
CUSTOMER 1: No, take it, please. Here. 不用, 你拿去好了, 不要客气. 来.
JIM: Thank you. Now the lettuce. Here. There was a head in the case with the cabbage. 谢谢. 现在
找找萵苣看, 有了, 箱子里有一棵和洋白菜放在一起.
CUSTOMER 1: How much is it? 多少钱一棵?
JIM: Seventy-nine cents. 七毛九分.
MR. YAMAMOTO: No. Give it to him for forty cents. It’s the last head. 不必那么多, 算它四毛好
了, 那是最后一棵.
CUSTOMER 1: Thank you, Mr. Yamamoto. Good-bye. 谢谢您, 山本先生, 再见.
MR. YAMAMOTO: Good-bye. 再见.
JIM: OK. Who’s next? Whose oranges are these? 好的, 下一位是谁? 这些是谁要的橙子?
CUSTOMER 2: They’re mine. 是我要的.
JIM: And the potatoes? 马铃薯呢?
CUSTOMER 2: Hers. 是她的.
JIM: That’s $1.99, please. 一共是一元九毛九分.
ALI: Hello, ice cream man. 您好, 卖冰淇淋的.
BILL: Hello, Ali. Are you alone? 阿里,
你好, 你一个人啊?
ALI: Yes. 是的.
BILL: Where are your parents? 你父母在哪里?
ALI: I don’t know. 我不知道.
BILL: Really? Uh... Ali... 真的? 阿里, 这个...
ALI: May I have an ice cream sandwich, please? 我可不可以吃一个冰淇淋叁明治? 可不可以?
BILL: Sure, Ali. Why don’t you sit down and talk to me? 当然可以. 你为什么不坐下来跟我聊聊天?
ALI: OK. Here’s thirty -five cents. 好. 给您叁毛五分钱.
BILL: Whose money is that? 那是谁的钱?
ALI: It’s mine. 是我的.
BILL: It’s yours? You’re a rich young man! 是你的? 你这个年轻人很有钱.
ALI: Yes. 对啊!
BILL: I like your jacket, Ali. 阿里, 我很喜欢你的外套.
ALI: I don’t. It’s my brother’s. 我不喜欢, 是我哥哥的.
BILL: Don’t you like your brother? 你不喜欢你哥哥吗?
ALI: No. My father and mother like my brother. He’s always good. I don’t like him. 嗯, 我爸爸妈
妈都喜欢哥哥. 他总是很乖, 我不喜欢他.
BILL: I like you, Ali. 阿里,我喜欢你.
ALI: May I come home with you? 我可不可以和您回家?
BILL: Look! Isn’t that your mother? She’s crying, Ali. 看! 那不是你的妈妈吗? 阿里, 她正在喊你.
ALI: Mommy! Mommy! Here I am! 妈! 妈! 我在这里!
第二集
PEDRO: Where were you last night? 你昨晚上哪儿去?
MIGUEL: At the movies. 看电影.
着迷英语900 句
PEDRO: Oh yeah? Which one? 哦, 真的? 哪一家?
MIGUEL: Uh, I forget. 唉, 我忘了.
PEDRO: Oh, you forget, huh? Were you with someone? What was her name? 哦, 你忘了, 嗯? 你
跟谁去的? 她叫什么名字?
MIGUEL: As a matter of fact, I was with... 事实上, 我是跟...
PEDRO: Aha! I’m never wrong. Was it anyone I know? 哈! 我没猜错. 我认识她吗?
MIGUEL: Yes, Pedro, I... 是的, 佩德罗, 我...
PEDRO: No. No. Let me guess. Hmm. It’s someone I know. Was it... 不, 不, 让我猜猜看. ... 嗯, 一
定是我认识的人, 她是...
MIGUEL: Pedro, this isn’t a game. 佩德罗, 这又不是游戏.
PEDRO: Oh, Miguel. You’re always so serious. Relax! Now, who... 唷, 米盖尔, 你就是这么认真.
轻鬆点! 嗯, 她是...
MIGUEL: Pedro... 佩德罗...
PEDRO: Was it the woman in the candy store? You know, the one with blond hair? 是糖果店的哪
位女孩子? 你认识的那位金发小姐?
PEDRO: She’s always smiling at you. 她常对你微笑.
MIGUEL: No, Pedro, it was... 不是, 佩德罗, 是...
PEDRO: Hmm, I’m usually good at these games. How about Danielle? 嗯, 我最会玩这种游戏了.
是不是丹尼尔?
MIGUEL: Shut up! 不要说了!
PEDRO: OK. OK. I give up. 好, 好, 我不猜了.
PEDRO: Who is the myste ry woman? 那神秘女郎是谁?
MIGUEL: Marta. 玛它.
PEDRO: Marta! 玛它!
MIGUEL: Yes. 是的.
PEDRO: Thanks for telling me. Women! What can you do? One minute she’s crazy about me, and
the next minute she’s
going out with you. 谢谢你告诉我. 女人! 你能
怎么办? 一分钟前她还为我而疯狂, 一分钟后,
她却跟你出去了.
MIGUEL: I’m sorry, Pedro. 佩德罗, 很抱歉.
PEDRO: It’s OK. 没关系,
PEDRO: It’s your turn. 现在轮到你了.
MIGUEL: You’re wrong. 那你就错了.
MIGUEL: We really like each other. 我们真正的互相爱慕.
PEDRO: Good luck. 祝你好运.
MIGUEL: Pedro! 佩德罗,
MIGUEL: Aren’t you ever serious? 你就不能正经点吗?
PEDRO: What’s happening, Tom? 汤姆, 发生了什么事?
TOM: Man, you know that chick in the bakery? 老兄, 你认识麵包店那女孩吗?
PEDRO: Yeah, Yolanda. 认识, 叫幼兰达.
TOM: No, man, not that one. Emma. 不, 老兄, 不是那个, 是爱玛.
PEDRO: Emma? 爱玛?
着迷英语900 句
TOM: Yeah. She’s there on weekends. You know her. She’s short. 是啊! 她每个周末都在这儿,你
认识她的,个子矮矮的。
PEDRO: What color is her hair? 她头发是什么顏色?
TOM: It’s blond. 金黄色的.
PEDRO: What color are her eyes? 她眼睛是什么顏色?
TOM: Dark brown. 深棕色.
PEDRO: Is she pretty? 她长得漂亮吗?
TOM: Yeah, she’s pretty, and she’s after you. 是的, 她很漂亮, 她在追你.
PEDRO: Yeah? 是吗?
“TOM: Yeah. She’s always asking me about you.” “How’s your friend?” “ And I say “” “Which
friend?” “You know, Tom. That tall, handsome guy with curly hair.” “是的, 她时常问我有关
你的事.” “你的朋友怎么样?” “我说”“那位朋友啊?” “你知道的, 那位高大而
英俊的男孩”
“TOM: And I say, “” “Oh yeah, him.” “我说”“哦,是他啊!”
PEDRO: Do you know her number? 你知道她的(电话) 号码吗?
TOM: Yeah, 263... 知道, 是263...
PEDRO: Wait a minute. OK. What is it? 请等一下, 好, 几号?
TOM: 263-7954. 263-7954
PEDRO: Thanks, buddy. 谢谢了, 朋友
JIM: He doesn’t watch television! 他不看电视,
JIM: He doesn’t go to the movies! He goes to the store every day. 他不看电影, 他每天去商店,
JIM: He never takes a day off! 他未曾休假过!
PEARL: Jim, calm down. 吉姆, 静下来.
JIM: He never laughs! He never gets angry! 他不曾笑过, 不曾生气过!
FRANK: That’s the way he is, Jim. 他就是那样, 吉姆.
JIM: Is he happy? Is he sad? Do you know, Dad? He’s your father. 他快乐吗? 悲伤吗? 爸, 你知
道吗? 他是你的父亲.
FRANK: He doesn’t think about happiness, Jim. 吉姆, 他不曾考虑过快乐,
FRANK: He thinks about his family and his obligations. 他只想到他的家庭与责任.
JIM: That’s no way to live. 那并非生活之道.
PEARL: Maybe not, but it’s his way. 也许不是, 但却是他的生活方式.
JIM: All right. It’s his way. But... 好吧, 那是他的方式, 不过...
PEARL: But, what? 不过什么?
JIM: Why doesn’t he like me? 他为什么不喜欢我?
JIM: Why does he insult me in front of the customers? 为什么他当着顾客的面侮辱我?
PE
ARL: He doesn’t, Jim! I don’t believe it. 他不会的, 吉姆, 我不相信.
“JIM: It’s true, Mom. He always says, ““All of the customers know the prices. Why don’t
you?”““ “确实是这样子, 妈, 他
常常说”“所有的顾客都晓得价格, 为什么你就不知道?”““
PEARL: Oh, Jim, that’s the way he is. 噢, 吉姆, 他就是那样子.
JIM: OK. but does he have to be that way all the time? We work together every day, but we never
talk to each other. Either
着迷英语900 句
he changes or I quit. 好,但是他有必要整天都这样子吗?我们每天一起工作就从来没说过话。
不是他改变,就是我不。
FRANK: You know, Jim, 你知道的, 吉姆,
FRANK: you are his favorite grandchild. 你是他最疼的孙子.
JIM: How do you know? 你怎么知道?
FRANK: He doesn’t say it, but I know. 他没说过, 但我明.
JIM: I give up. 我不说了.
CUSTOMER: Congratulations, Mr. Yamamoto. You’re famous! 恭喜你, 山本先生, 你出名了.
MR. YAMAMOTO: Famous? 出名?
CUSTOMER: Yes. That was a great article about you in the paper. 是啊? 报上有一大篇关于你的
文章.
MR. YAMAMOTO: Ssh. Don’t tell the vegetables. They don’t know yet. 嘘! 不要跟蔬菜说, 它们
还不知道呢!
CUSTOMER: What does your family think about it? 你家人觉得怎样?
MR. YAMAMOTO: They’re very happy about it. It’s good for business. 他们很高兴, 这有助于生意.
CUSTOMER: Where’s Jim today? 吉姆今天到那里去了.
MR. YAMAMOTO: He’s at the Fair. He’s celebrating. 他在博览会, 他庆贺去了.
CUSTOMER: What’s he celebrating? 他庆贺什么?
MR. YAMAMOTO: My new fame and fortune. 我的新名誉和运气.
CUSTOMER: Maybe he’s right. Why aren’t you celebrating with him? 也许他是对的, 你为什么没
跟他一道庆祝呢?
MR. YAMAMOTO: Celebrations are for young people.庆祝是属于年轻人的.
CUSTOMER: Well, maybe. But all of us need a day off, sometimes. Why don’t you go to the Fair,
Mr. Yamamoto? 嗯,
也许是, 不过, 我们大家有时候也是需要休息的. 山本先生, 你何不到博览会去呢?
MR. YAMAMOTO: I don’t really like crowds. 我真不喜欢人群.
CUSTOMER: I can understand that. But you can go on Wednesdays or Thursdays. It’s not so
crowded then. 我能瞭解,
不过, 你可以在星期叁或星期四去, 那时候就没有那么拥挤了.
MR. YAMAMOTO: Yes? Well, maybe. 是吗? 好吧, 也许.
: It isn’t a large room, and the furniture in it isn’t expensive. 房间不大, 里面的家具也不昂贵.
: At one end of the room, there is a small window. 在房间的末尾有个小窗户.
: Next to the window is a large bed. 窗户旁边是张大床.
: In fact, the only large thing in the room is the bed. 事实上, 在这房间里唯一的大东西就是床.
: There are other things, too; a bookcase, a small night table, a desk and chair, a dresser, and clothes.
也
有其他的东西: 一个书柜, 一张小床头几, 一张桌子和椅子, 化妆台, 被褥.
: There are shoes and socks under the bed; shirts, pants, and sweaters on the chair; dirty underwear
and ties on the floor;
suits, jackets, and a coat in the small closet. 鞋子, 袜子放在床下;衬衣, 裤子、和毛衣搭在椅上;
脏内衣和领带搁在地板上;西装、夹克和外衣, 挂在小衣橱里.
: There are several cameras, five maybe six, and photographs of women, hundreds of them --large
ones and small ones
着迷英语900 句
--on the desk and on the walls. 有几架照相机, 五架也许是六架, 有大大小小数以百计的女性照
片摆在桌上或挂在墻壁上.
: The photographs are smiling, laughing, crying, standing, and sitting. 这些照片上的人有的微笑,
有的大笑, 有的哭泣, 有的站着, 有的坐着.
: One thing is very clear. Pedro likes women very, very much. 很明显的一件事实, 佩德罗非常非
常喜欢女性.
: Pedro’s mother doesn’t lik e to go into his room. 佩德罗的母亲不喜欢到他的房间.
“: She does, of course, because she wants to clean, but she is not happy about it. ““The room is full of
women. He doesn’t
need me.”“ she says.” “当然, 她还是会去, 因为她必须加以清理, 但是, 她是不十分愉快的, 她
说”“房子里满是女人, 他根本就不需要我”“.”
: How old is Grandfather? I don’t know. He never talks about his age. 爷爷多大了? 我不知道, 他
从不提他的年龄.
: He’s around seventy, maybe seventy -five. 他大概在七十岁上下, 或许是七十五岁.
: Years ago he was a strong man. 多年前, 他还是个健壮的人.
: He was a farmer, a soldier, and a wrestler. 他以前是个农夫、军人与角力选手,
: He was the pride of his village. 他常以他的乡村为荣.
: Now he’s getting old. He doesn’t see without his glasses, and he can’t lift heavy things. 现在, 他渐
渐老了, 不戴眼镜
便看不见东西, 他无法搬动笨重的东西,
: His hair is thin and almost all white. 他的头发稀疏而且几乎全白了,
: But he has a strong face. 倒是他有个健康的脸色.
: Grandfather loves his store. He needs the store. It’s his only joy. He has friends, but they are all old.
爷爷很喜欢他的
商店, 他需要这商店, 那是他唯一的享受. 他有朋友, 但他们都老了.
: Oh, yes, he has us, the family, and I guess he loves us, but he doesn’t show it. 噢, 对了, 他有我们
这些家人, 我猜他是爱我们的, 只是他从不表现出来.
: He lives in the past. All of his friends are living in the past. At least the past can’t change. 他活在
往事里, 所有他的朋友都活在往事里, 至少往事不能改变.
: They can’t take it away from you. 你无法把过去拿走,
: It’s always there, and you can close your eyes and see it. 它总是在那儿, 即使你闭上眼睛, 仍能
看得见.
: Grandma was a kind lovely lady, and Grandfather’s world is not the same without her. 奶奶是个仁
慈可爱的女人, 没有她, 爷爷的世界就不一样了.
: Pedro is attractive. There’s no doubt about it. Women are crazy about him. But he’s spoiled. 无可置
疑的, 佩德罗是很迷人的,女孩们都为他痴狂, 但他被宠坏了.
: I don’t like that. 我不赞成如此.
: It’s not right to break a date. 失约是不对的,
: But, it’s funny, I don’t feel bad about it. 但说来奇怪, 我却不觉得那是坏事.
: I’m sure he breaks dates with women all the time. That’s the way he is. 我确知他经常是对女孩子
失约, 那是他的一贯作风.
: Why did I want to go to the party with him? 为什么我要跟他去参加宴会呢?
着迷英语900 句
: Why not? 为什么不去呢?
: Why did I change my mind? 我为什么要改变主意呢?
: A feeling. That’s not an answer, I know. 是一种直觉, 我知道, 那不算是个答案.
: But my feeling was right. I didn’t really want to go out with him. He didn’t really care about me. 不
过, 我的直觉是对的, 我并不真的要跟他出去, 他并不真的在乎我.
: I was only a date for the evening. All right, it wasn’t nice, but he certainly didn’t die of a broken
heart. 我只是那天
晚上一个约会的对象而已, 好吧, 算是不对, 但是他也没有伤心而死.
: Didn’t he go to the party anyway? 他最后不是去了吗?
: Yes, I think he did. I’m sure he did. 对! 我想他去了, 我相信他去了.
: Miguel is different. He is serious and considerate. But he’s young, and he doesn’t know the ways of
the world. And he’s
going home soon. 米盖尔便不同, 他正经而体贴, 只是年轻而不够世故, 而且他没事便回家,
: Oh, well. 噢, 对了!
: He isn’t very handsome, but he has a beautiful smile. 他不十分英俊, 但他有个很美的微笑.
JOANA: Mama, the Crawfords are coming to dinner next Wednesday. 妈, 郭佛家人在下星期叁将
来我们家吃晚餐.
MRS. FARIAS: Mr. Crawford. 郭佛先生?
MRS. FARIAS: Isn’t he one of Paulo’s business acquaintances? 他是不是保罗的生意上的朋友之
一?
JOANA: Yes. 是的.
MRS. FARIAS: I see. When are they coming? 我明白了, 他们什么时候来啊?
JOANA: Next Wednesday, the nineteenth. 下星期叁, 十九号.
MRS. FARIAS: How many people are there going to be? 一共有多少人来呢?
JOANA: Six in all. Mr. and Mrs. Crawford, Michael, Paulo, you and me. 共六位, 郭佛夫妇, 迈克
尔, 保罗, 你和我.
MRS. FARIAS: What are you going to serve? 你准备做什么呢?
JOANA: I’m not sure. 我不太确定.
MRS. FARIAS: Do they like Brazilian food? 他们喜欢巴西菜吗?
JOANA: I don’t know. 我不知道.
“MRS. FARIAS: We could make ““feijoada.”“ Everyone likes that.” “ 我们可以做”“feijoada”“ (咸
八宝饭), 每个人都喜欢这
种菜的.”
JOANA: I suppose so. What do you think? 我也这么想, 您认为怎么样?
JOANA: It isn’t very fancy. 那并不很新奇.
MRS. FARIAS: Well, they’re your guests. You decide. 好吧! 他们是你的客人, 你决定.
“JOANA: You’re right. ““Feijoada”“ it is.” “ 您是对的, 就做”“咸八宝饭”“.”
MRS. FARIAS: Tell me about Michael. 告诉我一些有关迈克尔的事.
JOANA: Well, he’s very tall and handsome. He has big blue eyes and long blond hair. 好啊! 他高
大而英俊, 有一双大大的碧眼及长长的金黄头.
MRS. FARIAS: Oh? How long? 哦! 有多长啊?
JOANA: Down to his shoulders. It’s beautiful. Like gold. 到他肩部, 很漂亮的, 就像黄金一样.
MRS. FARIAS: What does he do, dear? 他做些什么事呢? 孩子.
着迷英语900 句
JOANA: He does many things. 他做许多事,
JOANA: He’s very creative. 他很有创造力,
JOANA: He’s a great painter, really. He also gives free English lessons to the people in his
neighborhood. 事实上他是
个画家, 他还免费帮他的邻居上英文课.
MRS. FARIAS: I see. 我懂了.
JOANA: You’re going to like him. Everybody does. 你将会喜欢他的, 每个人都喜欢他.
MRS. FARIAS: Where does he live? 他住在哪儿啊?
JOANA: He has a small apartment on 88th Street. 他有间小公寓, 在八十八街.
MRS. FARIAS: A small apartment. On 88th Street. 小公寓, 在八十八街.
JOANA: Don’t worry, Mama. 不要操心, 妈,
JOANA: I’m not going to marry him tomorrow. 我不会明天就嫁给他的.
: Michael. Hello. How nice of you to call! 迈克尔, 喂, 你打电话来太好了!
: This Friday night? What a good idea! 这个星期五晚上? 多好的主意!
: Yes. I’m sure Paulo can come. He doesn’t work Friday nights. 是的, 我确定保罗会去, 他星期五
晚上不工作.
: Can I help? I could bake a cake. 要我帮忙吗? 我可以烘蛋糕.
: Don’t be silly. I like to bake, and I love parties. 不要傻了, 我喜欢烘蛋糕和参加宴会.
: Can I see some of your paintings? 我能参观你的一些画吗?
: Yes, really. I paint, too. 是的, 真的吗? 我也画画.
: I never talk about it. I’m not very good. In fact, my paintings are pretty bad. 我从不说它, 我画得
不好, 事实上, 我画得很差.
: No. I don’t have any with me. They’re all home in Brazil. 不, 那些画并没在我身边, 它们全在巴
西的家里.
: Oh, really? Perhaps some afternoon I could go to art class with you. 噢, 真的吗? 或许那天下午,
我能够跟你一起上艺术课.
: Fine. See you Friday, then. 很好, 星期五见.
: Friday, at 8:30. Thank you. Good night. 星期五, 八点半, 谢谢你, 晚安.
NORA: Good morning, sir. May I help you? 早安, 先生, 我能效劳吗?
CUSTOMER: It’s our anniversary today. I’m looking for the same flowers as the ones in her
wedding bouquet. 今天
是我们结婚年, 我要找(买) 一些和内人
在婚礼上所拿的相同的花束.
NORA: What do they look like? 是什么样子的?
CUSTOMER: White. They’re white. 白色的, 白色的花束.
NORA: How tall are they? 有多高啊?
CUSTOMER: They’re short, I guess. About the same height as those short flowers over there. 我想,
它是矮矮的, 差不多跟那边的花朵一样高.
NORA: Do they look like roses? 它像玫瑰?
CUSTOMER: No. They look like little bells. 不像, 它们看起来像个小钟形.
NORA: Oh --lilies of the valley. No, I’m sorry. 哦--铃兰, 很抱歉,
NORA: We’re out of them at the moment. 这个时候我们没有铃兰.
CUSTOMER: Oh, that’s too bad. 哎呀, 那太糟了.
着迷英语900 句
NORA: What about roses? 买些玫瑰怎么样?
CUSTOMER: OK. 好吧!
CUSTOMER: How many do you suggest? 你认为需要多少?
NORA: As many as you like, sir. They’re beautiful, aren’t they? 你需要多少就买多少, 先生. 它们
很漂亮, 不是吗?
CUSTOMER: Yes, they are. 是的, 很漂亮.
NORA: Hi, Peggy. Hi, Suzy. 嗨, 蓓姬、苏西,
NORA: What a nice surprise! 真是巧极了.
PEGGY: Hi, Mom. We’re on our way home from school. 嗨! 妈, 我们刚下课正要回家.
NORA: Excuse me a minute, girls. 等一下, 孩子们.
NORA: Jane, can you take care of this gentleman? Now, how was school today? 珍, 你能来招呼这
位男士吗? 好了, 今天在学校怎么样?
SUZY: The same as always. 老样子,
PEGGY: Oh. There was one thing. 哦, 有件新鲜事.
NORA: Oh? 哦?
SUZY: Jack was in a big fight. 杰克跟人家打架.
NORA: Is he all right? 他还好吧?
PEGGY: I think so. But he’s in the principal’s office. 我想是没事, 不过他在校长室.
NORA: Oh, no! 噢, 真糟糕!
SUZY: Why are Billy and Jack so different from each other? 为什么比利与杰克会有这么大的不
同呢?
NORA: I don’t know, dear. I really don’t. 我不知道, 孩子, 我真不知道.
SUZY: When are you coming home, Mom? 妈, 您何时回家?
NORA: It’s Friday. The store is open until 9:00 tonight. 星期五, 这家店营业到九点.
SUZY: Gee, you’re as bad as Dad. 唉! 你跟爸爸一样糟糕.
NORA: What do you mean, dear? 孩子, 这话是什么意思?
SUZY: You’re never home, either. 你也从不回家.
: Of course, sir. We send flowers anywhere in the country. 当然, 先生, 在这个地区里任何地方我
们都送的.
: Well, tulips are very pretty. 嗯, 鬱金香是很漂亮的.
: They look like... uh... well... cups. 看起来像是... 嗯... 杯子.
: Oh, she likes roses. Then send her roses. 噢, 她喜欢玫瑰, 那就送玫瑰给她.
: No, in fact, tulips aren’t as expensive as roses this year. 不, 实际上, 今年的鬱金香不像玫瑰那么
昂贵.
: Fine. How many tulips do you want to order? 好, 你要订多少鬱金香?
: Certainly. For $10.00 I can send sixteen. 当然了, 十块钱可以送十六朵.
: Yes. We usually include a short note with the flowers. 是的,
我们都在花中夹一便条的.
“: ““To Mom. Happy Birthday.”“ Yes, that’s fine. Your mother’s name and address, please?”
“送给妈妈,祝您生日快乐”,“是的,那很好,你母亲的名字和地址,能告诉我吗?”
: Mrs. G. Crawford. 143-29 Park Avenue. Is that C-R-A-W-F-O-R-D? 郭佛太太, 公园大道一四叁
之29 号, 是不是C-R-A-W-F-O-R-D ?
着迷英语900 句
: Thank you. And your name and address, please? 谢谢你, 请告诉我你的名字和地址.
: Michael Crawford. 342 88th Street. Thank you very much. Have a nice day, sir. 迈克尔郭佛, 八十
八街叁四二号, 谢谢您的惠顾, 祝您有个愉快的日子, 先生.
BILL: Hi, Ali. Where are your parents today? 嗨, 阿里, 你爸妈今天到哪儿去了?
ALI: They’re eating in the Italian restaurant again. 他们又上意大利餐馆去了.
ALI: I like hot dogs more than spaghetti. 我喜欢热狗甚于意大利,
ALI: And ice cream is the most delicious thing in the world. 然而冰淇淋又是世界上最美味可口的
东西了.
ALI: It’s not fair. 那是不公平的.
BILL: What isn’t fair, Ali? 什么不公平, 阿里?
ALI: They can eat as much spaghetti as they want. 他们高兴吃多少条就能吃多少,
ALI: But I can’t eat as many hot dogs and ice cream sandwiches as I want. Do you have children? 但
我想吃多少热狗和冰淇淋叁明治却不能。你有孩子吗?
BILL: I have two boys and two girls, 我有两男两女,
BILL: but they are all older than you. 不过他们都比你大.
ALI: How old are the boys? 男孩有多大?
BILL: Bill, Jr., the oldest, is seventeen. Jack is sixteen. 小比尔最大, 他十七岁, 杰克是十六岁.
ALI: Do they play baseball? 他们打棒球吗?
BILL: They sure do. Do you play baseball? 当然了, 你也打棒球吗?
ALI: Not yet. But I’m going to learn soon. I’m almost seven years old. 还没. 不过, 我很快会去学
的, 我差不多七岁了.
MR. NIKZAD: Ali! I’m sorry, sir. Is my son bothering you again? 阿里! 很抱歉, 先生, 我的孩子
又来打扰你了吗?
BILL: Not at all. He’s a fine boy. 那里, 他是个乖巧的孩子.
MRS. NIKZAD: Thank you, Mr... 谢谢你, 先生...
BILL: O’Neill. 奥尼尔.
ALI: Father, Mr. O’Neill’s sons play baseball. 爸, 奥尼尔先生的孩子都打棒球.
MR. NIKZAD: That’s nice, Ali. 阿里, 那很好啊!
ALI: I want to learn, too. 我也要学,
ALI: But nobody wants to teach me. 但是没人教我.
MR. NIKZAD: You’re too young, Ali. 阿里, 你太小了.
ALI: You always say that. 你老是那么说,
ALI: I’m pretty big for my age. 就年龄来说, 我已经很大了.
BILL: Excuse me, there’s a big crowd over there. Business before pleasure. 对不起先生, 那边有一
大群人, 我先去做生意了.
MR. NIKZAD: Certainly. 那当然, 当然.
ALI: Good-bye, Mr. O’Neill. 再见, 奥尼尔先生.
BILL: Bye, Ali. See you soon. 再见, 阿里, 待会见
.
ALI: You know, Father, he isn’t really an ice cream man. He’s just pretending. He’s really a secret
agent. 爸, 你知道
吗? 他不是真的冰淇淋小贩, 他是? 装的, 其实他是个密探.
着迷英语900 句
MRS. NIKZAD: What an imagination you have, Ali! 阿里, 你真会想像!
MR. NIKZAD: More imagination than sense. 想像超过常识.
MRS. NIKZAD: Don’t spoil it for him, dear. Childhood is the happiest time of life. 不要责怪他, 亲
爱的, 童年是一生中最快乐的时期.
: Hello. 哈.
: Hi, Bill. 嗨! 比尔.
: Oh, no. But it’s Saturday night! 噢, 不, 今天是末晚上!
: Yes, I know. But we never see each other these days. The children never see you, either. 是的, 我
知道, 但这几天我们彼此都没见面, 孩子也没见过你.
: And what about dinner? It’s almost ready. 那晚餐怎么样? 我都快弄好了.
: I know. That’s the way it is. I’m just disappointed. 我知道, 就是这样, 我只是很失望.
: Around 9:00? Well, OK. Wait. Why don’t you let me type your report? Then you could come home
now. 九点左右?
好罢, 等等, 何不将你的报告让我来打字? 那么你现在就可以回来了.
: No. We don’t need any. We have lots of paper at home. 不, 我们不需要, 家里还有很多纸.
: OK. Good. See you around 8:15. Bye, dear. 好罢, 八点十五分再见, 拜拜, 亲爱的.
MR. CRAWFORD: Ms. Segura, step into my office, please. 瑟姑拉小姐,
MR. CRAWFORD: Bring your steno pad. 请带着速记簿到我的办公室来!
MR. CRAWFORD: To Mr. James C. Wilson, President, United Printing Corp. 给联合印刷公司董事
长詹姆斯·威尔逊先生,
MR. CRAWFORD: You can look up the address in the files. 你可在档案中找到他的地址.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
“MR. CRAWFORD: ” “Dear Sir: Please send this office 10,000 copies of the World’s Fair brochure.
Thank you. Sincerely, ” “ and sign my name.” “威尔逊先生,请寄一万份世界博览会手册,谢
谢您。”“ 然后签我的名字。”
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Send that out this morning, Ms. Segura. 今天早上要寄出, 瑟姑拉小姐.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: It’s Mrs. Crawford’s birthday. 今天是郭佛太太的生日,
MR. CRAWFORD: I want to buy her some flowers. 我要买些花给她,
MR. CRAWFORD: Call up the florist and tell him to send my wife a dozen roses. 打个电话给花商,
请他送一打玫瑰给我太太.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的. 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Ms. Segura, 瑟姑拉小姐,
MR. CRAWFORD: here is yesterday’s letter to Bissell Industries. 这是昨天给比塞尔实业公司的信,
MR. CRAWFORD: There is an error in the second paragraph. Please be more careful, Ms. Segura.
在第二段中有个错误, 请多加小心, 瑟姑拉小姐.
LAURA: Yes, sir. 是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Any questions? 有什么问题吗?
LAURA: Only one. 只有一个.
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes? 什么事?
LAURA: When do you want to look for a new secretary? 您什么时候要另外找一个秘书?
着迷英语900 句
MR. CRAWFORD: I don’t understand, Ms. Segura. We don’t need another secretary. 我不明白你
的意思, 瑟姑拉小姐, 我们并不需要另外新的秘书啊?
LAURA: I am giving you two weeks’ notice, Mr. Crawford. 我给您两个星期去物色, 郭佛先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Are you resigning from the firm, Ms. Segura? 瑟姑拉小姐, 你真的要辞职吗?
LAURA: Yes, Mr. Crawford. I’m sure you can find someone better than I. 是的, 郭佛先生, 我相信
您一定能找到比我更行的秘书.
MR. CRAWFORD: Very well, Ms. Segura. Put an ad for a secretary in tomorrow’s paper. 好吧, 瑟
姑拉小姐, 在明天报上刊个征求秘书的广告.
LAURA: Yes, Mr. Crawford. 是的, 郭佛先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: This is very inconvenient. 真是麻烦.
LAURA: I’m sure it is. 我相信是很麻烦.
SALESMAN: Can I help you? 我能效劳吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: Yes. I want to paint my son’s bedroom. I think sky blue is pretty color. 是的, 我要
粉刷我孩子的卧室, 我想天蓝色的顏色很棒.
SALESMAN: How big is the room? 房间有多大?
MRS. NIKZAD: Not very big. 不很大.
SALESMAN: How many gallons of paint do you want? 你要多少加仑的油漆呢?
MRS. NIKZAD: I don’t know. 我也不晓得.
SALESMAN: Look, why don’t you tell your painter to buy the paint? 嘿, 你为什么不告诉你的油
漆匠去买油漆呢?
MRS. NIKZAD: I am the painter. 我就是油漆匠.
SALESMAN: Well, then. Do you know the size of the room? 哦, 那么, 你知道房间的尺寸吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: No. I’m sorry, I don’t. 不, 很抱歉, 我不知道.
SALESMAN: Is it larger or smaller than this store? 它比这个商店大或小?
MRS. NIKZAD: It’s about half the size of this store. 大约是这个店的一半大小.
SALESMAN: You need two gallons. 你需要两加仑.
MRS. NIKZAD: Now what do I do? 现在我该怎么办?
SALESMAN: Madam, why don’t you get a painter? 夫人, 你为什么不找个油漆匠?
MRS. NIKZAD: My son and I want to paint the room together. 我儿子要跟我一起粉刷房间.
SALESMAN: All right. Here. Read these instructions. Do you want the paint now? 好, 这里, 看看
这些指导说明, 你现在就要油漆吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: Yes, please. 是的.
SALESMAN: Two gallons of sky blue. That’s $21.39. 两加仑天蓝色的共是二十一元元角九分.
MRS. NIKZAD: Thank you. What time do you close? 谢谢, 你什么时候关店?
SALESMAN: We’re open till 6:30 tonight. 我们今晚营业到六点卅分.
: I think I’m falling in love with him. Oh, what am I going to do? 我想我正与他谈恋爱了, 噢, 我
怎么办?
: Could I be his wife? 我能成为他的妻子吗?
: How long could I live in a little apartment on a poor street? 我能在这穷巷小屋住多久呢?
: He’s an artist. He doesn’t think about