当幸福来敲门(中英文学习字幕)
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
该起床了
Time to get up, man.-好的老爸 -快点-All right, Dad. -Come on.马上来了Should be here soon.-我想我该列个表 -干嘛?
-I think I should make a list. -What do mean?-想要的生日礼物? -对呀
-For your birthday gifts? -Yeah.你知道只能要几个礼物对吧?
You know you're only getting a couple of things, right?知道啊我只想列出来看看研究一下好好选选
Yeah, I know. Just to look at and study so I can choose better.哦很聪明那就列吧
Okay, well, that's smart. Yeah, make a list.想要的礼物你都会写吗?
Can you spell everything you're thinking of?-应该吧 -哦很好
-I think so. -All right. That's good.-小伙子你还好吧? -还好
-How you doing in here, man? -Okay.我们今天能去公园吗在上完幼儿园后? Can we go to the park today, after?呃我还得去奥克兰或许再说吧
No, I gotta go to Oakland. Well, maybe, we'll see.亲亲
Give me a kiss.晚点再说
I'll talk to you later.借过
Excuse me.对不起呃...
Oh, excuse me...什么时候会找人清洗一下?
...when is somebody gonna clean this off?我不会说英文...我提过的幸福的"幸"写错了
And the Y? The Y. We talked about this.这里写成了辛苦的"辛"
It's an I in "happiness. " There's no Y in "happiness. " It's an I.我不是说过我不会说英文...我是克里斯·迦纳
I'm Chris Gardner.我第一次见到我父亲时已经岁了
I met my father for the first time when I was years old.我儿时就决定将来我有了孩子
And I made up my mind as a young kid that when I had children...我的孩子一定得知道他们的父亲是谁
...my children were gonna know who their father was.这里讲述的是我人生故事的一部分
This is part of my life story.这部分叫做"搭公车"
This part is called "Riding the Bus. "[旧金山年]那是什么?
What's that?是架时光机对吧?
It's a time machine, isn't it?看起来是时光机
Seems like a time machine.像是时光机是时光机能带上我吗?
That seems like a time machine. It's a time machine. Take me with you.这仪器This machine...我膝盖上的这台仪器...this machine on my lap...这伙计他有架时光机
This guy, he has a time machine.他他用时光机穿梭到过去
He travels in the past with this machine and...这不是时光机
it is not a time machine.而是手提式骨质密度扫描仪
It' a portable bone-density scanner.是医疗器材我就靠卖这个过活
A medical device I sell for a living.谢谢您给我这个机会向您推介这仪器Thank you for the opportunity to discuss it with you.-我不胜感激 -我们真的不需要克里斯
-I appreciate it. -We just don't need it, Chris.没多大用处而且还很贵
It's unnecessary and expensive.-哦或许下次... -谢谢
-Well, maybe next...-Thank you.它比X 光机显像更精确一点点
It gave a slightly denser picture than an x-ray但却贵了一倍
for twice the money.-嘿 -嘿宝贝
-Hey. -Hey, baby.-怎么啦? -没没事儿
-What happened? -No, nothing.只是我今天不能去接儿子
Look, I can't get Christopher today.你得去我七点还要上班
Oh, no, you don't, Chris. I'm back on at .我知道但我一定要去奥克兰
I know. I have got to go to Oakland.所以我得先接他回家做饭给他洗澡...
So I gotta get Christopher home, feed him, bathe him...哄他睡觉然后七点前回到这儿?
...get him in bed, and be back here by ?-对 -今天收到了税单
-Yes. -And we got the tax-bill notice today.-你说怎么办? -听着就这么办
-What are you gonna do about that? -Look, this is what we gotta do.看到那车了吗? 那辆穿着漂亮黄鞋子的车
You see that car? The one with the pretty yellow shoe on it?那是我的车
That' mine.医院附近不准停车
There' no parking near hospitals.赶时间的结果就是这样
That' what happens when you're always in a rush.还是非常谢谢你
Thanks anyway. Very much.-或许下个季度-可能哦
-Maybe next quarter. -It's possible.我每个月至少得卖两台
I needed to sell at least two scanners
a month才够付房租和幼儿园费
for rent and daycare.还得再卖一台
I'd have to sell one more...才够付车窗上的那些罚单
...to pay off all of those tickets under my windshield wiper.问题是
The problem is...我很久没卖出一台了...I haven't sold any for a while.你什么时候开始不喜欢通心粉加奶酪的? Since when do you not like macaroni and cheese?从...我出生开始?
Since birth?-这是什么? -呃?
-What's that? -What?-这是什么东西? -克里斯托弗的礼物-What is this? -It's a gift for Christopher.-谁给的? -我同事欣西雅
-From who? -Cynthia from work.她不知道这是给大人玩的克里斯托弗还小
It's for adults. Chris can't use it. She didn't know.要怎么玩?
What are you supposed to do with it?把每一面都弄成同一颜色
Make every side the same color.你付税了吗?
Did you pay the taxes?没我要申请延后缴
No, I'm gonna have to file an extension.-你已经申请过延期了 -是我还要再延期一次
-You already filed an extension. -Yeah, well, I gotta file another one.一共是美元我下个月就有了
That's...It's $. I'll have it in the next month.是加上利息还有罚金的总额吧That means interest, right? And a penalty?嗯不是很多啦
Yeah, a little bit.让我处理就好你就别操心了好吗?
Look, why don't you let me do this? All right, just relax. Okay?-来别烦了 -我得回去工作了
-Come here. Calm down. -I have to go back to work.准备上床了嗨把盘子放水池里去
Let's get ready for bed. Hey, put your plate in the sink.几天前他们递交了一份我要求的
A few days ago I was presented with a report I'd asked for...全面的经济现况评估报告
...a comprehensive audit, if you will, of our economic condition.你们不会喜欢的我也不喜欢
You won't like it. I didn't like it.但我们必须面对现实
But we have to face the truth...然后去努力扭转情势
...and then go to work to turn things
around.决不能犯错我们一定能做到
And make no mistake about it, we can turn them around.联邦预算已经失去控制
The federal budget is out of control.今年月日结束的预算年度
And we face runaway deficits of almost $ billion...我们将有高达亿的赤字
...for this budget year that ends September th.这个赤字比年整年联邦预算还高
That deficit is larger than the entire federal budget in .今年还得支付这亿And so is the almost $ billion...衍生的利息国债
...we will pay in interest this year on the national debt.年前年
Twenty years ago, in ...联邦政府的总薪资支出不到亿
...our federal government payroll was less than $ billion.而如今则是亿Today it is billion.年来人口才增长了.%
During these years, our population has only increased by . percent...哇老兄请教你两个问题
Man, I got two questions for you:你是干什么? 你是怎么干的?
What do you do? And how do you do it?-我是股票经纪人 -股票经纪人哦天哪-I'm a stockbroker. -Stockbroker. Oh, goodness.得上大学才能做股票经纪人对吧?
Had to go to college to be a stockbroker, huh?不用只需要精通数字会做人处世You don't have to. Have to be good with numbers and good with people.-就这么简单 -嘿保重
-That's it. -Hey, you take care.周末我这车就借你了
I'll let you hang on to my car for the weekend.-不过星期一得还我哦 -付停车费去吧
-But I need it back for Monday. -Feed the meter.我还记得那一刻I still remember that moment.他们全都看起来超幸福的样子
They all looked so damn happy to me.为什么我不能也满脸幸福?
Why couldn't I look like that?我尽量在六点前回来
I'm gonna try to get home by .下班后要去一下证券行
I'm gonna stop by a brokerage firm after work.-干嘛? -看看那里有没有工作
-For what? -I wanna see about a job there.哦什么样的工作?
Yeah? What job?你知道我
You know, when l...我小时候一星期就能把算数课本念完
When I was a kid, I could go through a math book in a week.所以我想去看看有什么工作可做
So I'm gonna go see about what job they got down there.什么工作?
What job?股票经纪人
Stockbroker.-股票经纪人? -嗯
-Stockbroker? -Yeah.不是宇航员?
Not an astronaut?别用这种口气对我说话琳达
Don't talk to me like that, Linda.我去看看情况利用白天的时间
I'm gonna go down and see about this, and I'm gonna do it during the day.嗯你该打电话推销才对
You should probably do your sales calls.还要你来告诉我琳达
I don't need you to tell me about my sales calls, Linda.人家办公室开门前我就打了三通电话了
I got three of them before the damn office is even open.还记得下星期就要付房租吗?
Do you remember that rent is due next week?大概不记得了吧?
Probably not.我们已经两个月没付
We're already two months behind.下星期就欠三个月了
Next week we'll owe three months.我已
经上双份班四个月了!
I've been pulling double shifts for four months now, Chris.就...赶快把合约规定的数额卖完咱们好脱身吧
Just sell what's in your contract. Get us out of that business.琳达我不是正努力那么做嘛!
Linda, that is what I am trying to do.努力来改善这个家
This is what I'm trying to do for my family...为你为儿子
...for you and for Christopher.你到底是怎么了?
What's the matter with you?琳达Linda.琳达
Linda.[迪安.维特.雷诺斯公司经纪人实习培训]
现在接受申请我人生的这部分
This part of my life叫做"冒傻气"
is called "Being Stupid. "能帮个忙吗小姐
Can I ask you a favor, miss?帮我看下这个行吗就分钟
Do you mind if I leave this here with you just for five minutes?我在那儿有个会带这个进去看上去很不正式
I have a meeting in there and I don't wanna carry that Iooking smalltime.先给你块钱一会我出来再多给你点
Here is a dollar and I'll give you more money when I come back out.好吗? 这玩意不值钱你也卖不出去
Okay? It's not valuable. You can't sell it anywhere.我是干这个的都卖不掉好吗?
I can't even sell it, and it's my job. All right?克里斯吗? 我是提姆·布鲁菲人事部的
Chris? Tim Brophy, Resources.是我你好
Yes. How are you?-跟我来 -好的先生-Come with me. -Yes, sir.我看看能不能帮你找份实习申请表
Let me see if I can find you an application for our internship.我能做的也只有这个了这里只是分公司
I'm afraid that's all we can do for you. See, this is a satellite office.总部的杰·托斯特尔是全面负责人事工作的
Jay Twistle in the main office, he oversees Witter Resources.我的意思是我只负责这里
I mean, I'm...You know, I'm just this office.你看已经有一大堆人申请了所以...
As you can see, we got a hell of lot of applications here, so...我这应该还有履历表的但是现在找不到了
Normally I have a resume sheet, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.-我们... -非常感谢
-We...-Thank you very much.我得走了
I need to go.我我会把这个交过来的
I'll bring this back.-谢谢 -好的
-Thank you. -Okay.把扫描仪托付给一个嬉皮女孩?
Trusting a hippie girl with my scanner.为什么我会这么做?
Why did I do that?借过借过
Excuse me. Excuse me.就像我刚说的我人生的这部分
Like I said, this part of my life叫做"冒傻气"
is called "Being Stupid. "嘿! 别动! 呆着别动! 别...
Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't move! Don't move! Stay...!停下! 停下!
Stop! Stop!别走! 停下! 停下这地铁! Don't move! Stop this...! Stop the train!停! 停下来!
Stop! Stop!这个培训每半年才招人
The program took just people every six months.最后只有人受雇
One got the job.申请表上"高中"之后还有行线
There were three blank lines after "high school"用来填写接受过的其他教育
to list more education.对我来说根本
就是多余
I didn't need that many lines.快睡觉不早了
Try and sleep. It's late.这种魔方每面都是英寸乘英寸
It' a puzzle measuring just inches by inches on each side...由多种颜色组成玩法就是通过旋转
...made up of multiple colors that you twist and turn...最终使每面呈现同一颜色
...and try to get to a solid color on each side.这小玩意是年的送礼佳品
This little cube is the gift sensation of .但是想把它玩好可没那么容易
Don't expect to solve it easily.尽管我们确实碰到一位旧金山大学的数学教授Although we did encounter one math professor at USF...只花了分钟就拼好...who took just minutes on his.这个是我尽最大努力拼的了
This is as far as I've gotten on mine.大家可以看到离完成还早着呢
As you can see, I still have a long way to go.这里是吉米·芬尼迪从KJSF里士满发回的报道
This is Jim Finnerty reporting for KJSF in Richmond.嘿醒醒
Hey, wake up.快吃
Eat.-妈再见 -再见宝贝
-Bye, Mom. -Bye, baby.-那玩意儿卖了再回来 -噢我正有此意
-Come back without that, please. -Oh, yeah, I'm going to.快点和它道个别回来可就看不到它了
So go ahead, say goodbye to it, because I'm coming back without it.再见"可喜的摆脱"
Goodbye and good riddance.后面那部分没必要说的
You ain't had to add the "good riddance" part.再见妈妈!
Bye, Mom.再见
Bye.那里写的是"辛" 但是实际上应该是"幸"
It's written as P-P-Y, but it's supposed to be an I in "happiness. "-是形容词吗? -不是是个名词
-Is it an adjective? -No, actually it's a noun.但是字写错了
But it's not spelled right.-"操"写对了吗? -对那个写的对
-Is "fuck" spelled right? -Yeah, that's spelled right.但是标语里没这词所以别学
But that's not part of the motto, so you're not supposed to learn that.那词是大人用来表达他们愤怒之类的
That's an adult word to show anger and other things.-别用那词好吗? -好的
-But just don't use that one, okay? -Okay.你书包背后写的是什么?
What's that say on the back of your bag?我的绰号
My nickname.我们选了绰号
We pick nicknames.-噢你选的是什么? -"改装高速车"
-Oh, yeah? What's it say? -"Hot Rod. "-你有绰号吗? -有啊
-Did you have a nickname? -Yep.-是什么? -无-敌-大-头
-What? -"Ten-Gallon Head. "-什么意思? -我在德克萨斯州附近的路易斯安那长大
-What's that? -I grew up in Louisiana, near Texas.那儿的人都戴牛仔帽那种"加仑"牛仔帽
Everybody wears cowboy hats. And a ten-gallors a big hat.宽边软顶牛仔帽因分量重而得名我小时候很聪明所以大家都叫我"无-敌-大-头"
I was smart back then, so they called me Ten-Gallon Head.-霍斯也戴那种牛仔帽 -霍斯?
-Hoss wears that hat. -Hoss?霍斯·卡特赖特"伯南扎的牛仔"里面的牛仔
Hoss Can'twright on Bonanza.-你从哪知道"伯南扎的牛仔"的? -在朱太太家看的
-How do you know Bonanza? -We watch it
at Mrs. Chu's.-你在幼儿园看"伯南扎的牛仔"? -是啊
-You watch Bonanza at daycare? -Yeah.是什么时候看的?
When? When do you watch it?-午餐后还是午觉后? -看完"爱之船"之后看的
-After snack? After your nap? -After Love Boat.我生日礼物列好了
I made my list for my birthday.-你都写了什么? -篮球或者"蚂蚁农场"
-Yeah, what'd you put on there? -A basketball or an ant farm."蚂蚁农场"为一种智趣游戏他说他一直在看电视
He says he's been watching TV.是啊是看了些电视都是历史片
Oh, little TV for history.-"爱之船"也是吗? -是啊是关于海军历史的
-Love Boat? -For history. Navy.那可不是海军历史片
That's not the Navy.我的意思是他可以在家看电视
I mean, he could watch television at home.我们每月付块给你要是他就坐在这儿... We're paying you $ a month. If he's gonna be sitting around...一直看电视的话我们就带他走
...watching TV all day, we're taking him out of here.你要是不喜欢海军片的话就多花钱去别家幼儿园好了
Go pay more at other daycare if you don't like Navy TV.反正你总是晚付钱你抱怨You late pay anyway. You complain.我还抱怨呢
I complain.那能不能把狗带到楼上去? 关到你房间或什么地方
Can you at least put the dog upstairs in your room or something?再见
Bye.我在等维特公司人事部主管杰·托斯特尔
I was waiting for Witter Resource head Jay Twistle...他的名字听起来很可爱...whose name sounded so delightful,就好像他会给我份工作外加一个拥抱
like he'd give me a job and a hug.而我所要做的就是让他知道
I just had to show him我精通数字而且懂得待人之道
I was good with numbers and good with people.-早上好托斯特尔先生 -早上好-Morning, Mr. Twistle. -Good morning.-托斯特尔先生我是克里斯·迦纳 -你好-Mr. Twistle, Chris Gardner. -Hi.我得在你进去之前亲自把这个交给您和您认识一下
I wanted to drop this off personally and make your acquaintance.希望有机会能和您坐下聊聊
I thought I'd catch you on the way in. I'd love the opportunity to discuss...我申请表上看起来比较薄弱的几点
...what may seem like weaknesses on my application.好的我们要先看下你的申请表
We'll start with this,需要面试的话会通知你的
and we'll call you if we wanna sit down.-好的先生祝您愉快 -你也是
-Yes, sir. You have a great day. -You too.嗨你好
Hey, yeah, how you doing?我是克里斯·迦纳找戴尔斯医生
This is Chris Gardner calling for Dr. Delsey.我要晚一点才能来推销
Yeah, I'm running a little late for a sales call.能不能...对国立阿斯提公司I was wondering if...Yeah, Osteo National.对我们能不能...半小时后? Right. We can still...? Half an hour?太好了没问题谢谢
Yes. Beautiful. Beautiful. Thank you, thank you.嘿 ! 嘿!
Hey! Hey!嘿!
Hey!我人生的这部分
This part of my life...眼前的这部分...this part here...叫做"追赶"
...it' called "Running. "嘿! 嘿! Hey! Hey!等一下!
Wait!嘿! 等一下!
Hey! Wait!那是我被偷的仪器
That was my stolen machine.除非跟她在一起的那家伙也是做这行的
Unless she was with a guy who sold them too.不过可能性不大
Which was unlikely...因为旧金山海湾地区销售此仪器的仅我一家
...because I was the only one selling them in the Bay Area.我把所有的积蓄都押在这上面了
I spent our entire life savings on these things.押在这个革命性的仪器上了
It was such a revolutionary machine.-亲爱的你感觉到了吗? -当然了
-Can you feel it, baby? -Oh, yeah.你在叫我一个人忙活
You got me doing all the work.但是我没想到医院的医生们
What I didn't know is that doctors and hospitals...会认为它是没用的奢侈品...would consider them unnecessary luxuries.我甚至请房东给我们照了相
I even asked the landlord to take a picture.所以丢了一台仪器就意味着损失了一个月的伙食
So if I lost one, it was like losing a month' groceries.嘿! 嘿! 等一下等一下!
Hey, hey! Wait! Wait!嘿! 回来! Hey, get back here!嘿老兄我... Hey, man, l...-他是谁? -就是那个...
-Who's he? -He's that guy...-你忘了吗? -忘了什么?
-Did you forget? -Forget what?你不该带这东西回家的
You're not supposed to have any of those.-是的我知道 -但你现在却有台
-Yeah, I know. -You have two now.嘿Hey.嘿妈
Hey, Mom.
One, two, three!-是个篮球! -嗨什么意思?
-That's a basketball! -Hey, hey. What do you mean?谁说这是篮球啊? You don't know that that's a basketball.有可能是"蚂蚁农场" 也可能是显微镜或别的什么
This could be an ant farm. This could be a microscope or anything.-不不是的 -拿不到了吧
-No, it's not. -There, there.好吧快打开吧
All right, come on. Open him up. Open him up.-纸有点厚是吗? -是的但是我能打开
-That paper's a little heavy, huh? -Yeah, but I got it.你今天真应该在场的
You should've seen me out there today.有个女孩偷了我的扫描仪我就一直追她...
Somebody stole a scanner. I had to run the old girl down...随便吧
Whatever.-什么? -随便怎么着吧克里斯
-What? -Whatever, Chris.你这是什么态度?
What the hell you got attitude about?-随便什么? -每天都他妈的有逸闻-"Whatever" what? -Every day's got some damn story.嘿! 罗伊! 罗伊!
Hey, Roy. Roy!能不能没人的时候再拍毯子?
Can you beat your little rug when nobody's out here?尘土飞扬的
There's dust and shit all over.-我只是在打扫房间... -嗨等一下
-I'm trying to keep a clean house. -Hey, wait a second.听我说琳达放松
Look, Linda, relax.我们会渡过难关的一切都会好起来的好吗?
We're gonna come out of this. Everything is gonna be fine, all right?你以前就这么说过我怀孕的时候
You said that before, when I got pregnant.你就说:"一切都会好起来的"
"lt'll be fine. "-这么说你不再相信我了? -随便我不在乎
-So you don't trust me now? -Whatever.
I don't care.-出租! -托斯特尔先生
-Taxi! -Mr. Twistle.-是的 -你好我是克里斯·迦纳
-Yeah, hi. -Hi. Chris Gardner.你好有什么事吗?
Yeah, hi. Listen. What can I do for you?我一个月前交了份实习申请表
I submitted an application for the intern program about a month ago...我想找机会和您坐下来简单谈谈...
...and I would just love to sit with you briefly...听着我要赶去诺亚谷克里斯
Listen, I'm going to Noe Valley, Chris.-你保重 -托斯特尔先生
-Take care of yourself. -Mr. Twistle.我正好也要去诺亚谷
Actually, I'm on my way to Noe Valley also.我搭个车怎么样?
How about we share a ride?-好吧上车吧 -好的
-All right, get in. -All right.我在海军服役时为一个医生工作
So when I was in the Navy, I worked for a doctor...他很喜欢高尔夫每天都要花很多时间在那上面
...who loved to play golf, hours every day...我还得替他处理医疗事务
...and I would actually perform medical procedures...当他不在的时候
...when he'd leave me in the office.我习惯于做出抉择而且...
So I'm used to being in a position where I have to make decisions and...托斯特尔先生听我说这很重要
Mr. Twistle, listen. This is a very important...对不起对不起这东西不可能拼出来的
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. This thing's impossible.-我可以 -你不行没人可以的
-I can do it. -No, you can't. No one can.-不可能的 -我确定我能行的
-That's bullshit. -No, I'm pretty sure I can do it.-你不行 -让我看看
-No, you can't. -Let me see it.给我Give it here.哦你真是拼的一团糟啊Oh, yeah. Oh, wow, you really messed it up.不好意思
Sorry.看起来这些是围绕一个轴心转动
It looks like it works around a swivel,中间的这部分保持不动
so the center pieces never move.所以说如果中间那片是黄色这面就应该是黄色的
So if it's yellow in the center, that's the yellow side.如果中间那片是红色那么这面就应该是红色的
If it's red in the center, that's the red side.-好的 -开慢点吧
-Okay. -So...You can slow down.我们可以就这么一直开下去我就不信你能拼出来
Listen, we can drive around all day. I don't believe you can do this.-我可以的 -不你不成
-Yeah, I can. -No, you can't.-我可以的-不你不成
-Yes, I can. -No, you can't.不你不行没人可以的
I'm telling you, no one can.看到没? 我就只能到这步了
See? That's all I ever do.那面快拼出来了
You almost have this side.哦你拼出来了
Holy cow.-哦那面也快拼出来了 -我能全部拼出来的
-You almost had that one. -I'm gonna get it.真厉害啊
Look at that.快好了
You're almost there.-块毛 -我到了
-. . -This is me.拼得不错
Good job.-再见 -回头见
-Goodbye. -Yeah. I'll see you soon.先生你要去哪里?
Where are you going, sir?对不起先生? 你要去哪里?
Excuse me, sir. Where are you going, please?呃个几个街区就到
Two...A couple of blocks.-调下头 -好
的
-Just flip around. -Okay.嘿停下! Hey! Stop it! Hey!-你到哪儿去? 回来! -不!
-Where are you going? Come here! -No!-
不不不! -你这缺德鬼给我钱
-No, no, no! -You asshole, give me my money!-给我钱! -别别这样!
-Give me my money. -Please stop.-别这
样! -混蛋!
-Please, please, please! -Son of a bitch.他应该付钱他应该给你钱的!
Please! He should've paid you!-别跑 -
对不起抱歉
-Come here! -I'm sorry.-对不起 -我会
教训你的!
-I'm so sorry. -I'll kick your ass!-对
不起 -混蛋!
-I'm sorry! -Idiot.我会逮到你的!
I'll get you!我要宰了你! 我要宰了你! I'm going to kill you! I'm going to kill you!嘿!
Hey!停下! 你这个王八蛋!
Stop it, you son of a bitch!停下... Stop him!停下...
Stop him!车门即将关闭
The doors are closing.请远离车门
Please stand clear of the doors.不不
不!
No! No! No!不!
No!-喂 -嗨
-Hello? -Hey, yeah.对不起我没能及时
赶回家
Sorry I couldn't make it home on time.-
克里斯我误了班 -是我知道对不起
-Chris, I missed my shift. -Yeah, I know. I'm sorry about that.我现在就在回家路
上你陪着克里斯托弗行吗?
Look, I'm on my way right now. Are you all right with Christopher?我要走了克
里斯我要离开这个家I'm leaving. Chris, I'm leaving.-什么? -你听到我说的了吗?
-What? -Did you hear what I said?我已
经收拾好东西我要带上儿子
I have my things together, and I'm taking our son...我们现在就走
...and we're gonna leave now.我要把电
话挂了
I'm gonna put the phone down.-琳达等
下 -我们要走了我们走了
-Linda, wait a minute. Hold it, hold...-I'm going to leave. We are leaving.那一刻我想起了托马斯·杰斐
逊
It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson...想起了"独立宣言"
...the Declaration of Independence...
想起了其中对生存权自由权
...and the part about our right to life, liberty以及追求幸福权利的描写
and the pursuit of happiness.我一直在
想
And I remember thinking:他是怎么知道要把"追求幸福"那部分放进去的?
How did he know to put the "pursuit" part in there?也许幸福是只能去追求
That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue.但是却永远也追求不
到
And maybe we can actually never have it...无论如何也追求不到的
...no matter what.他究竟是怎么知道的? How did he know that?琳达琳达
Linda. Linda.-喂? -克里斯吗?
-Hello? -Chris.-哪位? -杰·托斯特尔
-Who is this? -Jay Twistle.-嘿-迪安·维特公司的
-Hey. -Dean Witter.对...你好吗? Yeah, of course. How are you?我很好听
着你还想过来聊聊吗?
I'm fine. Listen, do you still wanna come in and talk?是的先生当然了
Yes, sir. Absolutely.好的你后天早上
来一下
I'll tell you what. Come on by day after tomorrow, in the morning.我们要面试实
习生你有纸笔吗?
We're interviewing for the internships. You got a pen and paper?我有呃... Yes. Yes, I do.-稍等下 -好的
-Hold on one second. -All right.喂Hello?-克里斯? -说吧我找到了
-Chris? -Go ahead. I have one.记下这个
号码打给我秘书贾尼斯
Write this number down so you can call my secretary, Janice.-她会告诉你具体事
宜的 -好的
-She can give you all the specifics. -Yep.- -
-Okay, . -.- -
-. -.- -
-. -.-对转 -
-Yeah, extension . -.对明天就打吧Right. Call her tomorrow.好的先生 -- Yes, sir. --.-对兄弟 -好的记住了
-Okay, buddy. -All right, yes.-太感谢
你了 -回头见
-Thank you very much. -We'll see you soon.-
-. 贾尼斯
. Janice.-克里斯 -嗨
-Chris. -Hey.看到琳达和克里斯托弗了吗? Did you...? Have you seen Linda and Christopher?-没有昨晚那场比赛看了没? -没没看
-No. You catch the game last night? -No, no.你没看?
You didn't see that, , ...?问一下琳
达和克里斯托弗来过吗?
Excuse me, did Linda and Christopher come in here?没有我没看到他们
No, I haven't see them.比双加时赛
-. Double overtime.在还有秒结束时投
了个三分
Moons hits a three-pointer at seconds left.韦恩韦恩韦恩
Wayne, Wayne, Wayne.现在不能和你谈数字Can't talk to you about numbers right now.-为什么? --...
-What's your problem with numbers? --...-你欠我钱 -没错
-And you owe me money. -Yeah.欠我块
You owe me $ .我会给你的
I'm gonna get that to you.给我钱我需要!
I need my money. I need my money.也是数字啊
Fourteers a number.嘿别再把我儿子从我身边带走了!
Hey, don't you ever take my son away from me again.-你听到没? -离我远点!
-You hear me? -Leave me alone!别再把我儿子从我身边带走!
Don't take my son away from me again.你听到我的话了吗?
Do you understand what I'm saying to you?别就这么走开! 我在和你说话呢!
Don't you walk away from me when I'm talking to you.听到我的话了吗?
Do you hear me?-你想离开吗? -没错
-Do you wanna leave? -Yeah.-你想离开吗? -是的! 我想离开!
-You wanna leave? -Yes, I want to leave!那就快走吧琳达
Get the hell out of here, then, Linda.快滚吧! 克里斯托弗和我在一起!
Get the hell out of here. Christopher's staying with me.是你把我们搞成这样的你听到了没?
You're the one that dragged us down. You hear me?-你太不坚强了! -不我不再幸福
-You are so weak. -No. I am not happy anymore.-不再觉得幸福了! -那就去找幸福啊琳达!
-I'm just not happy! -Then go get happy, Linda!去找幸福吧!
Just go get happy.但是克里斯托弗要跟我过!
But Christopher's living with me.-闭嘴-听到了吗?。