正说反译和反说正译
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
8. 正说反译和反说正译
正说反译
正说反译和反说正译的实质是从逻辑上改换说法。由于语言所反映的心理因素和不同语言的情调往往要求译者改换说法。英汉互译中,为了达到功能对等,增强语言交际效果,常常采用这两种技巧
We will live up to what our parents expect of us.
我们不能辜负父母的期望。
If you forward the transcripts yourself, they can be considered official only if the school envelope has remained sealed.
如果本人递交证件,则本人不得擅自拆封,否则证件将被视为无效。
如果自己提交档案,学校的密封信封必须加盖公章、完好无损,否则无效。Private! 闲人免进!
Keep upright! 切勿倒置!
Wet paint! 油漆未干!
Urban clearway! 市区通道,不准停车!
Inflammables—keep away from fire. 易燃物品,切勿近火!
I prefer the red one to the black one. 我要红的,不要黑的。
The news of the assassination of President Lincoln spread like wildfire.
林肯总统遭到暗杀的消息不胫而走。
The plan cracked up through a bad landing.
飞机因着陆不当而撞毁。
Fully clothed, he fell across his bunk and was instantly sleep.
他不脱衣服,往床上一躺就睡着了。
I have fallen behind with my correspondence.
我没有及时回复信函。
Sleeping too long is a lame excuse for being late.
睡眠过久不利于健康。
These visits will operate only if weather permits.
以上参观项目天气不好就取消。
反说正译
I do not doubt that he will be appointed sales manager of the company.
我相信他将被委任为公司的营业主任。
No refunds or exchanges without complete factory packing and sales slip.
凭票退还押金。
We consider there is no material but will deform more or less under the action of force.
我们认为,各种材料在力的作用下总是要或多或少发生变形。
She never comes but she brings something for the children.
她每次来都要给孩子们带些东西。
This book could not have been written or published without the help of dozens of people, and I am deeply grateful to all of them.
本书的写作和出版曾得到十多位友人的帮助,谨此一并表示感谢。