潘基文报告第二篇 中英对照版

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

下载 Never be contented with your stud 学而不厌,诲人不倦。 Learning is like rowing upstream: 学如逆水行舟,不进则退。 It is such a delight to have frie 有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎。 Consider the past you shall know 温故而知新
联合国秘书长潘基文2012年世界教师日致辞(中英对照)

Secretary-General’s Message on World Teachers Day

New York, 5 October 2012

No education system is better than its teachers. Teachers are the custodians of learning; they impart knowledge, values and skills; at their best, they tap into the hopes and talents of young people and help them to grow into productive citizens.

Yet too often, teachers are not given the recognition and support they deserve. World Teachers Day reminds us of their heavy responsibilities as well as the challenges they face, particularly at a time of global economic difficulty. We should not let teachers and children pay the cost of the crisis; we must protect our education systems from current financial pressures and budgetary constraints.

One of the priorities of my new global initiative, Education First, is to recruit and train more teachers. The world needs about 2 million more teachers to achieve the Millennium Development Goal of universal primary education by 2015. The lack of teachers undermines not only the progress made in enrolling children in primary education, but also our efforts to improve school and learning environments.

We must also ensure that teachers are well prepared and well supported. Without qualified teachers, there is no quality education. Pre-service and in-service training are crucial, as are good working conditions, commensurate remuneration and adequate career development opportunities.

Teachers themselves have a responsibility to create safe and conducive environments for children to thrive. They can also serve as powerful models of tolerance, good citizenship and solidarity with the disadvantaged – a role I hope all will embrace.

On World Teachers Day, I pay tribute to the millions of teachers around the world who are working with passion and skill to nurture their students and whose influence on our world is potentially profound. Let us recognize that investing in teachers is a wise investment in our efforts to build strong economies, cohesive societies and a future of dignity and opportunity for all.

世界教师日致辞

2012年10月5日

教师是最佳的教育系统。他们是学问的保管人;他们传授知识、价值观和技能;教师最擅长启发年轻人的希望和才能,并帮助他们成为有所作为的公民。


然而,教师常常未能得到应有的认可和支持。世界教师日让我们意识到教师的繁重责任和面临的挑战,特别是在全球经济困难之时。我们不应该让教师和儿童承担危机的代价,我们必须保护教育系统免遭目前财政压力和预算紧缩之害。

本人新

的全球倡议“教育优先”的重点之一是招聘和培训更多教师。世界需要再招聘约200万名教师,才能在2015年之前实现普及小学教育的千年发展目标。缺乏教师不仅影响小学录取儿童方面的进展,而且妨碍我们改善学校和学习环境的努力。

我们还必须确保教师能得到充分培训和良好支持。如果没有合格教师,就没有高质量教育。职前和在职的培训,与良好的工作条件、相称的报酬和充分的职业发展机会均是至关重要的。

教师本身也有责任创造安全和有利于儿童茁壮成长的环境。他们还可以作为容忍、良好的公民意识和声援弱势群体的强有力模范,我希望大家均能拥护教师的这项作用。

值此世界教师日,我想赞扬世界各地数以百万计的教师,他们热情和熟练地致力于培养学生,他们对世界能产生深刻影响。我们应当认识到,对教师的投资,是我们努力建设强大的经济、具有凝聚力的社会和人人享有尊严和机会的未来的明智投资。



Report to the General Assembly - “Pulling Together in Testing Times: Securing a Better Future for All”
“在艰难时期团结努力:使人人都有更美好的未来”
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon

23 September 2010
2010年9月23日,纽约

Mr. President,
Distinguished Heads of State and Government,
Distinguished Delegates,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

主席先生,
尊敬的各国元首和政府首脑,
尊敬的各位代表,
女士们,先生们,

Welcome to New York in this beautiful autumn season.

欢迎各位在这个美丽的秋季来到纽约。

And welcome to the opening of this 65th general debate.

并欢迎出席第六十五届会议一般性辩论开幕式。

Mr. President, congratulations.

主席先生,祝贺你。

I look forward to working closely with you in the year ahead, across the full range of challenges facing our community of nations.

我期待着在未来的一年与你密切合作……克服我们国际社会所面临的各种挑战。

Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,

各位阁下,
女士们,先生们,

We, the peoples of the United Nations, are bound by certain sacred duties and obligations.

我们……联合国人民……肩负着某些神圣的责任和义务。

To care for the welfare of others.
关怀他人的福利……

To resolve conflicts peacefully.

和平解决冲突……

To act in the world with empathy and understanding.

以同情和谅解之心处世……

To practice tolerance and mutual respect as a bedrock principle of civilization.

力行宽容和相互尊重这一基本文明原则。

Today, we are being tested.

今天,我们在经受到了考验。

Social inequalities are growing, among nations and within.

社会不平等在国际和国内……加剧。

Everywhere, pe

ople live in fear of losing jobs and incomes.

各地的人们生活在失去工作和收入的恐惧中。

Too many are caught in conflict, women and children are bearing the brunt.

太多的人陷入冲突,妇女和儿童则首当其冲。

And we see a new politics at work - a politics of polarization.

而且我们看到一种新的政治在作祟——一种两极分化的政治。

We hear the language of hate, false divisions between “them” and “us”, those who insist on “their way” or “no way.”

我们听到仇恨的语言……人为地区分“他们”与“我们”……那些人固执“己见”,否则就认为没有出路。

Amid such uncertainty, so much confusion of purpose, we naturally seek a moral compass.

在如此不确定……如此分不清目标的情况下……我们自然需要寻找一个道德指南针。

At the United Nations, we find the proper path in community, global cause, fair decisions, mutual responsibility for a destiny we share.

在联合国,我们在集体中找到正确的道路……全球的共同事业……为我们休戚与共的命运相互承担责任。

Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,

女士们,先生们,

This is the soul of global governance, the theme of this General Assembly.

这是全球治理的灵魂,本届大会的主题。

A collective stand, principled and pragmatic, against forces that would divide us.

采取讲求原则、注重实效的集体立场……反对分裂势力。

And that is why the United Nations remains the indispensable global institution for the 21st-century.

这就是为什么联合国仍然是21世纪不可缺少的全球性机构的原因。

As we gather today, in solidarity, let us recognize:

当我们今天会聚一堂团结在一起之时,让我们认识到:

This is a season for pulling together, for consolidating progress, for putting our shoulder to the wheel and delivering results.

这是一个团结努力的季节……是巩固进步的季节……也是用我们的肩膀推动车轮并取得成果的季节。

Real results, for people most in need, as only the United Nations can do.

为最需要帮助的人们……实现真正的成果……只有联合国才能做到。

Excellencies, Distinguished Delegates,

各位阁下,
尊敬的各位代表,

Together, over the past three years, we embraced an ambitious agenda, framed by three over-arching ideas for our time.

过去三年来,我们致力于一项宏大的议程……以我们这个时代三个至关重要的信念为框架。

A more prosperous world, free of the deepest poverty.

一个更繁荣的无赤贫的世界。

A cleaner, greener and more sustainable world for our children.

一个更清洁、更环保、更可持续的造福后代的世界。

A safer world, free of nuclear weapons.

一个更安全的无核武器的世界。

Those are

the great challenges of our era.

这些是我们这个时代的三大挑战。

They are not dreams.

这些不是梦想。

They are opportunities, within our power to grasp.

这些是我们有力量抓住的机会。

Together, we have made progress.

我们共同努力,已经取得了进展。

We will press ahead - with fresh thinking, fresh approaches, a strong sense of leadership and political will.

我们将奋勇向前——开拓新思想……采取新办法……增强领导意识和政治意愿。

The Millennium Development Goals Summit showed our collective determination. World leaders came together with concrete national plans to meet the Millennium Development Goals by 2015.

千年发展目标首脑会议显示了我们的共同决心。一百三十九位国家元首和政府首脑会聚一堂,带来了各国在2015年以前实现千年发展目标的具体计划。

They agreed on a responsible and mutually accountable partnership, a partnership that will better the lives of billions of people within our generation.

他们商定,建立负责任的、相互问责的伙伴关系……这种伙伴关系将在我们这一代人改善数亿民众的生活。

Our challenge is to deliver on this promise, to turn hopes into realities.

我们的挑战是实现这一承诺……将希望变成现实。

We must draw on lessons learned over the past decade:

我们必须吸取过去十年的经验教训:

Helping people to help themselves;

帮助人们自助;

Investing resources where they have the greatest effect - smart investment in education, decent work, health, smallholder agriculture, infrastructure and green energy;

将资源投放在能取得最大效果的领域——对教育、体面工作、保健、小户农业、基础设施和绿色能源进行明智的投资;

The importance of putting women at the fore.

让妇女走上前台至关重要。

That is why, at the Summit, I welcomed the endorsement of our Global Strategy for Women and Children's Health.

这就是为什么我在首脑会议上欢迎核可《全球妇女与儿童保健战略》的原因。

Backed by billions of dollars in new commitments, from governments, business, NGOs and philanthropic organizations, this was a tangible expression of global solidarity.

这一战略有政府、企业、非政府组织和慈善组织新承诺的数十亿美元的支持……是全球团结的具体表现。

That is also why, last week, I named a dynamic new head of UN Women.

这也是为什么我上星期任命了一位充满活力的联合国妇女新领袖。

In Michelle Bachelet, the former President of Chile, we found a global leader who can inspire millions of women and girls around the world.

在智利前总统米歇尔?巴舍莱身上,我们看到了一个能够激励世界各地千千万万妇女和女孩的全球领袖。

We must support her to the utmost.


我们必须不遗余力地支持她。

Because, by empowering women, we empower societies.

因为……增强妇女的力量,也就是增强社会的力量。

Ladies and Gentlemen,

女士们,先生们,

Three years ago, we called climate change the “defining challenge” of our era, and so it remains.

三年前,我们将气候变化称为我们这个时代“特有的挑战”……这一挑战依然存在。

Clearly, the road toward a comprehensive, binding agreement, in Cancun and beyond ? will not be easy.

显然,要在坎昆及以后达成一项全面和有约束力的协议……不会是平坦之路。

And yet, we have made progress, and we can make more.

但是,我们已经取得了进展……而且可以取得更多的进展。

This is a year to build on important areas of agreement - on financing for adaptation and mitigation, on technology transfer, on capacity-building and preventing deforestation.

今年是在重要领域加强共识的一年——包括资助适应和减缓……技术转让……能力建设和防止毁林。

In the longer-term, we face the “50-50-50 challenge.”

从长远来看,我们面临“50-50-50挑战”。

By 2050, the world's population will grow by 50 percent.

到2050年,世界人口将增加50%。

To keep climate change in check, we will need to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent by then.

为了控制气候变化,我们需要在2050年以前将温室气体排放减少50%。

The world looks to us for creative solutions.

世界期待着我们找出创造性的解决办法。

And that is why, on Sunday, we hosted the first meeting of our high-level Panel on Global Sustainability.

正因如此,我们在星期天举行了全球可持续性问题高级别小组第一次会议。

I am confident that it will stimulate new thinking as we work toward Rio+20 in 2012.

我相信,在我们走向2012年里约会议20周年之际,这次小组会议将激发新思维。

On nuclear disarmament, as well, we see new momentum:

在核裁军方面,我们也看到了新的势头:

A new START agreement, the Summit on Nuclear Security, a successful NPT review conference.

新的裁武会谈协定……核安全问题首脑会议……成功举行的《不扩散条约》审查会议。

Our role is to keep pushing, to find a path to bring the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty into force, to realize agreements on fissile materials and securing nuclear materials and facilities.

我们的作用是不断推动……找到有效的途径,促使《全面禁止核试验条约》生效……达成关于裂变材料和保护核材料与核设施的协定。

Tomorrow, we are hosting a high level meeting to rejuvenate the Conference on Disarmament.

明天,我们将举行关于恢复裁军谈判会议的高级别会议。

I believe the next few years will be critical.

我相信,今

后的几年将至关重要。

Will we advance our work on non-proliferation and disarmament, or will we slide back?

我们的不扩散和裁军工作将会前进……还是倒退?

It is up to us.

这取决于我们自己。

Excellencies,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

各位阁下
女士们,先生们,

As always, over the past year, we were there for those in urgent need:

过去一年来,我们一如既往地向迫切需要帮助的人们伸出了双手:

The people of Pakistan, coping with epic floods and the monumental task of reconstruction;

遭受特大洪水灾害、面临重建家园这一艰巨任务的巴基斯坦人民;

The people of Haiti, where the work of rebuilding goes on, and where so many lost their lives, including 101 of our colleagues;

正在重建的海地的人民……如此多的人在海地丧生,包括我们101位同事;

The people of Somalia, Sudan, Niger, Gaza.

索马里……苏丹……尼日尔……加沙的人民。

As always, we continue to work for peace and security.

我们一如既往地继续为和平与安全而努力。

Three years ago, in partnership with the African Union, we deployed the first peacekeeping force in Darfur.

三年前,我们与非洲联盟合作,在达尔富尔部署了第一支维持和平部队。

During the coming year, the United Nations will be critical to keeping a larger peace as north and south Sudan decide their future. Tomorrow's High-Level Meeting on Sudan will help chart that path.

明年,在苏丹北方和南方决定自己的未来之际,联合国将对维持更大范围的和平发挥至关重要的作用。明天的苏丹问题高级别会议将有助于规划这条道路。

In the Democratic Republic of the Congo, we have adapted our mission to new and changing circumstances.

在刚果民主共和国,我们调整了特派任务,以适应新的和不断变化的情况。

We have worked closely with the African Union in Somalia.

在索马里,我们与非洲联盟密切合作。

We have seen victories for preventive diplomacy, as well.

我们也看到了预防性外交的胜利。

In Iraq, we helped broker the compromises that kept this year's elections on track.

在伊拉克,我们通过斡旋促使各方达成了妥协,使今年的选举如期进行。

In Guinea, we stand with regional partners in insisting on democracy.

在几内亚,我们与区域合作伙伴站在一起坚持民主。

In Sierra Leone, we helped defuse confrontations and keep peace moving forward.

在塞拉利昂,我们帮助化解了对抗,使和平进程继续向前。

Quick-footed diplomacy helped contain the troubles in Kyrgyzstan.

捷足外交帮助控制了吉尔吉斯斯坦出现的骚乱。

In Afghanistan, we carry on our work despite exceptionally difficult security and humanitarian conditions.

在阿富汗,我们在异常艰难的安全

和人道主义条件下开展工作。

We will seek to reduce tensions on the Korean Peninsula and encourage the Democratic People's Republic of Korea to return to the Six-Party Talks.

我们将力求缓减朝鲜半岛的紧张局势,并鼓励朝鲜民主主义人民共和国重返六方会谈。

On Iran, we continue to urge the government to engage constructively with the international community and comply fully with the relevant Security Council resolutions.

在伊朗问题上,我们继续敦促伊朗政府与国际社会进行建设性的接触,并全面遵守安全理事会的各项决议。

In the Middle East, we see encouraging movement toward a comprehensive peace.

在中东,我们看到了令人鼓舞的实现全面和平的动向。

Working with the Quartet, we will do everything possible to help bring negotiations to a successful conclusion.

我们将与四方合作,尽一切可能帮助谈判取得圆满成功。

I strongly discourage either side from any action that would hold back progress.

我力劝任何一方不要采取任何阻碍进展的行动。

In all we do, human rights are at the core. There can be no peace without justice.

我们所做的一切都以人权为核心。没有正义,就没有和平。

The global community has worked hard and long to usher in a new “age of accountability.”

国际社会为迎来一个新的“问责制时代”作出了长期和艰难的努力。

In our modern era, let us send a clear message:

在今天这个现代化时代,让我们明确表示:

No nation, large or small, can violate the rights of its citizens with impunity.

任何国家,不论大小,都不可侵犯其公民的权利而不受惩罚。

Excellencies, Distinguished Delegates, Ladies and Gentlemen,

各位阁下,
尊敬的各位代表,
女士们,先生们,

Let me close on a theme that has defined our work together: building a stronger UN for a better world.

最后,我谈一下我们共同工作的主题:为了更美好的世界而建设一个更强大的联合国。

The renovation of our Secretariat is on track, on schedule, on budget.

联合国秘书处的翻修工作在顺利……按时、按预算进行。

Organizational changes introduced over the past few years are bearing fruit.

过去几年来推行的组织改革正在出现成效。

Among them: the “New Horizons” initiative to streamline peacekeeping operations.

其中包括:精简维持和平行动的“新地平线”倡议。

In consultation with the Member States and our staff, we will do all in our power to create a faster, more modern, flexible and effective UN workforce, to recruit the best talent of tomorrow.

我们将与会员国和工作人员协商,尽一切力量建设一支更快、更现代化、更灵活和更有成效的联合国工作人员队伍……并征聘未来的最优秀人才。

Heads of State a

nd Government, Distinguished Ministers, Ladies and Gentlemen,

各位阁下,

Today and in the months ahead, we will speak of many things - important issues, affecting all humankind.

今天以及今后几个月,我们将要讨论许多事情——对全人类产生影响的重要问题。

Let us remember, in these difficult times: we are being tested.

在这艰难的时期,让我们记住:我们正在经受考验。

Let us remember: the many lives lost in service to our ideals.

让我们记住:很多人为实现我们的理想献出了生命。

Let us remember: the world still looks to the United Nations for moral and political leadership.

让我们记住:世界仍然期待联合国提供道义和政治领导。

The great goals are within reach.

这些宏伟目标是可以实现的。

We can achieve them by looking forward, pulling together, uniting our strength as a community of nations, in the name of the larger good.

只要我们为了更广泛的利益,放眼未来……共同努力……团结国际社会的力量……就能够实现这些目标。

Thank you very much, and I count on your leadership and commitment. Thank you.

谢谢。


爱思英语编者按:2003年8月19日,联合国巴格达办事处遭汽车炸弹袭击,造成包括联合国特使德梅洛在内的22人死亡,150多人受伤。为纪念在此次炸弹袭击事件中献身的工作人员,2008年12月,联合国大会通过决议,决定将每年的8月19日定为世界人道主义日。






Message on World Humanitarian Day

世界人道主义日致辞



19 August 2012

2012年8月19日

This year’s World Humanitarian Day presents an historic opportunity to bring together one billion people from around the world to advance a powerful and proactive idea: People Helping People.

今年的世界人道主义日提供了一个历史性的机会,可借此汇聚世界各地10亿人民的力量,推广一个强大和积极的理念,即人民彼此互助。

That is the best way to honour the many fallen aid workers we mourn today, and to celebrate the efforts of others who carry on their noble mission by rushing assistance to those who are suffering.

这是我们今天缅怀许多死难的援助人员,颂扬那些努力继承他们的崇高使命、向经受苦难的人们迅速提供援助的其他人员的最佳方式。



The spirit of solidarity that animates these courageous efforts drives our commemoration of World Humanitarian Day.

团结互助的精神激励作出这些勇敢无畏的努力,而这一精神也是我们纪念世界人道主义日的动力所在。

I have seen that spirit in my travels around the world, as I meet with relief workers who leave the comforts of their own homes to aid others in need.

我在世界各地与那些离开自己的舒适家园,前去帮助有需要之人的救灾人员会面时,看到了这种精

神。

I also saw that spirit earlier this month when I met Beyoncé Knowles, the superstar who is donating her song, “I Was Here,” to our global campaign promoting action for a better world.

本月初,在会见为推进行动建设美好世界这一全球运动贡献歌曲“我在这里”的超级歌星碧昂斯·诺里斯时,我也看到了这种精神。

Millions of people have already gone to our website to register their support and share their actions. From international efforts to avert a hunger crisis in West Africa to urgent assistance to civilians in Syria to a single good deed from one neighbour to the next, the spirit of People Helping People improves conditions for all.

成百上千万人登录了我们的网站,表达他们的支持,分享他们的行动。从国际社会努力避免西非的饥饿危机,到向叙利亚平民提供紧急援助,再到邻里之间的单项善举,互助精神改善着我们所有人的生活。

Let us give meaning to World Humanitarian Day by registering acts of good on the website: . Individual actions may seem small, but collectively they will reverberate around the world, generating unstoppable momentum for a better future.

让我们在网站上记下人们的善举,使世界人道主义日更富意义。个别行动可能看上去很小,但汇聚起来便可在世界各地产生影响,为建设更加美好的未来创造不可阻挡的势头。


相关文档
最新文档