步入商界BBC商务英语中英文全20课(可直接打印,精心整理)

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

步入商界
Lesson 1 Introducing Yourself (第一课自我介绍)
GIVING NAME AND JOB TITLE 说明姓名与职务
GREETING PEOPLE 问候他人
TALKING ABOUT YOUR COMPANY 谈论公司情况
In this unit...
Bibury Systems is a British company. It manufactures electronic toys.
Edward Green starts a new job at Bibury System.
Jenny Ross shows Edward Green the company offices. Edward sees a new product:"Big Boss". GERALDINE: Good morning. Bibury Systems. Can I help you?
杰拉尔丁:早上好,Bibury系统公司。

可以为你效劳吗?
JENNY ROSS: Good morning, Geraldine.
詹妮·罗斯:早上好,杰拉尔丁。

GERALDINE: Good morning, Jenny. Your newspapers and the post.
杰拉尔丁:早上好,詹妮。

这是你的报纸和信件。

JENNY ROSS: Thank you.
詹妮·罗斯:谢谢。

CLIVE HARRIS: G ood morning, Jenny. Good weekend?
克莱夫·哈里斯:早上好,詹妮。

周末过的好么?
JENNY ROSS: Excellent, thank you.
詹妮·罗斯:非常好,谢谢。

CLIVE HARRIS: I t is cold this morning.
克莱夫·哈里斯:今天上午真冷。

JENNY ROSS: Yes. Very cold.
詹妮·罗斯:是的。

真的很冷。

CLIVE HARRIS: G ood morning, Geraldine.
克莱夫·哈里斯:早上好,杰拉尔丁。

GERALDINE: Good morning, Mr. Harris. Your newspaper and your post.
杰拉尔丁:早上好,哈里斯先生。

这是你的报纸和信件。

CLIVE HARRIS: T hank you very much.
克莱夫·哈里斯:非常感谢。

JENNY ROSS: Good morning, Kate.
詹妮·罗斯:早上好,凯特。

KATE MCKENNA: Good morning, Jenny. How are you?
凯特·麦凯纳:早上好,詹妮。

你身体怎样?
JENNY ROSS: I'm fine, thank you.
詹妮·罗斯:很好,谢谢。

DON BRADLEY: Good morning, Jenny.
堂·布拉德利:早上好,詹妮。

JENNY ROSS: Good MORNING, Don.
詹妮·罗斯:早上好,堂。

EDW ARD GREEN: Good morning. My name’s Edward Green. I'm here to see Don Bradley.
爱德华·格林:早上好。

我是爱德华·格林。

我要见堂·布拉德利。

GERALDINE: Ah yes. One moment, please.
杰拉尔丁:啊,好的。

请稍等。

GERALDINE: Hello. Jenny, Edward Green is in reception. Please, sit down.
杰拉尔丁:喂。

詹妮,爱德华·格林在会客室要见你。

请坐。

EDW ARD GREEN: Thank you.
爱德华·格林:谢谢。

JENNY ROSS: Are you Edward Green?
詹妮·罗斯:你是爱德华·格林吗?
EDW ARD GREEN: Yes.
爱德华·格林:是的。

JENNY ROSS: I'm Jenny Ross. How do you do?
詹妮·罗斯:我是詹妮·罗斯。

你好!
EDW ARD GREEN: Hello. Pleased to meet you.
爱德华·格林:你好。

见到你很高兴。

JENNY ROSS: Welcome to Bibury Systems.
詹妮·罗斯:欢迎光临Bibury系统公司。

EDW ARD GREEN: Thank you.
爱德华·格林:谢谢。

JENNY ROSS: I'm the Head of Administration in the Marketing Department. My boss is Don Bradley. Well... our boss is Don Bradley! Let me show you the department.
詹妮·罗斯:我是市场营销部的行政主管。

我老板是堂·布拉德利。

喔……我们的老板都是堂·布拉德利!
我来领你参观一下市场部。

JENNY ROSS: This is the Marketing Department. This is my desk. Er...that's Don's office. He's not here at the moment. This is your desk. Telephone, PC, In-tray. Let me take your coat.
詹妮·罗斯:这就是市场部。

这是我的办公桌。

哦……那是堂的办公室。

他现在不在。

这是你的办公桌、电话、电脑、公文格。

我帮你放外套。

EDW ARD GREEN: Thanks.
爱德华·格林:谢谢。

JENNY ROSS: Over here is the stationery cupboard. Papers. Files. Pencils, etc. Help yourself to what you need.
詹妮·罗斯:这边是文具柜、纸张、文件、铅笔、等等。

有需要尽管取用。

Here is the photocopier. And here is the fax machine. And this is the coffee machine.
这是复印机。

这是传真机。

这里是咖啡机。

Would you like a cup of coffee?
来杯咖啡?
EDW ARD GREEN: No, thanks.
爱德华·格林:不,谢谢。

JENNY ROSS: Kate, this is Edward Green. He's our new Marketing Executive.
詹妮·罗斯:凯特,这位是爱德华·格林。

他是新来的销售主管。

KATE MCKENNA: Ah, yes. Edward. Hello. Welcome to Bibury Systems Marketing Department.
凯特·麦凯纳:啊。

爱德华。

你好。

欢迎加入Bibury系统公司市场营销部。

KATE MCKENNA: Excuse me. Hello, Kate Mckenna.
凯特·麦凯纳:打扰一下。

你好,凯特.麦凯纳。

EDW ARD GREEN: What is Kate's job?
爱德华·格林:凯特的工作职责是什么?
JENNY ROSS: She is Head of Sales. She is good.
詹妮·罗斯:她是销售部的主管。

她很能干。

EDW ARD GREEN: Where does she fit into the company structure?
爱德华·格林:她在公司架构中的位置是怎样的?
JENNY ROSS: Here's the company structure. You see Don is Sales and Marketing Director and is on the Board. Kate
reports to Don. You are here and you report to Don.
詹妮·罗斯:公司架构是这样的。

堂是销售和市场营销总监,是董事会的成员。

凯特向堂报告工作。

你的位置在这儿,你向堂报告工作。

JENNY ROSS: This is the boardroom. Here we have a range of products. Our toys. Come on, let's go to the R & D workshop.
詹妮·罗斯:这是会议室。

这里是我们的一系列产品。

玩具。

来,我们去看一下R & D车间。

EDW ARD GREEN: I'm sorry. R & D?
爱德华·格林:对不起。

R & D什么意思啊?
JENNY ROSS: That's Research and Development.
詹妮•罗斯:就是研发部,研究和发展的意思。

EDW ARD GREEN: Ah, right.
爱德华•格林:啊,明白了。

GERALDINE: ... Thank you for calling... Goodbye.
杰拉尔丁:……谢谢您的来电…… 再见。

JENNY ROSS: The Managing Director's office is on the first floor. Clive Harris. We call him Clive.
詹妮•罗斯:总裁的办公室在一楼。

克莱夫·哈里斯。

我们叫他克莱夫。

Ah, this is Clive's secretary, Sally.
啊,这是克莱夫的秘书,萨利。

EDW ARD GREEN: hello.
爱德华•格林:你好。

JENNY ROSS: And you have met Geraldine, our receptionist?
詹妮•罗斯:这个你已经见过了,杰拉尔丁,我们的接待员?
GERALDINE: Hi.
杰拉尔丁:你好。

JENNY ROSS: So, this is the Research and Development Department. This is Bob and that's Pete. They are Research Assistants. And through here is Derek Jones’office. He has a team of six people. Derek, this is Edward
Green. He's our new...
詹妮•罗斯:那,这就是研发部。

这位是鲍勃,那个是皮特。

他们是研发助理。

这里过去就是德里克·琼斯的办公室了。

他的团队有六个人。

德里克,这位是爱德华·格林。

他是我们新来的……DEREK JONES: Please.
德里克·琼斯:拜托。

JENNY ROSS: Oh, you're busy. Sorry.
詹妮•罗斯:哦,你忙吧。

对不起。

DEREK JONES: No. Please wait. There. Finished. Good. Do you like it?
德里克•琼斯:不。

请稍等。

啊,完成了。

很好。

你喜欢吗?
EDW ARD GREEN: Errr. What is it?
爱德华•格林:哦,这是什么?
DEREK JONES: It's a toy. It's a new electronic toy.
德里克•琼斯:是个玩具。

是种新型电子玩具。

EDW ARD GREEN: It's very good. Edward Green. Pleased to meet you.
爱德华•格林:很好啊。

爱德华·格林。

见到你很高兴。

DEREK JONES: Derek Jones. Welcome to Bibury Systems.
德里克•琼斯:德里克·琼斯。

欢迎加入Bibury系统公司。

EDW ARD GREEN: Thank you.
爱德华•格林:谢谢。

DON BRADLEY: Edward Green starts today. He's the new Marketing Executive.
堂•布拉德利:爱德华·格林今天开始上班。

他是新的销售主管。

CLIVE HARRIS: O h yes. Is he good?
克莱夫•哈里斯:哦。

他行吗?
DON BRADLEY: I don't know. He's young. He's intelligent. He is well-qualified, but of course he has no experience. 堂•布拉德利:不知道。

他年轻,聪明。

他很合乎条件,但就是没经验。

DEREK JONES: So, that's the existing product range. This is a very new product. In fact, this is a prototype.
德里克·琼斯那么,这就是现有的产品类别。

这是个很新的产品。

其实,这还是模型个模型。

EDW ARD GREEN: What is it?
爱德华•格林:是什么东西?
DEREK JONES: It's called Big Boss.
德里克•琼斯:叫做“大老板”。

EDW ARD GREEN: Big Boss? What does it do?
爱德华•格林:“大老板”? 有什么功能?
DEREK JONES: Ahah! Look: Say"Hello, Big Boss".
德里克•琼斯:啊!看着:说“你好,大老板”。

EDW ARD GREEN: Hello, Big Boss.
爱德华•格林:你好,“大老板”。

DEREK JONES: No, no. Into the microphone.
德里克•琼斯:不,不。

对着麦克风说。

EDW ARD GREEN: Hello, Big Boss.
爱德华•格林:你好,“大老板”。

DEREK JONES: Try again.
德里克•琼斯:再试一次。

EDW ARD GREEN: Hello, Big Boss.
爱德华•格林:你好,“大老板”。

BIG BOSS: Hi. Edward. Welcome to Bibury Systems.
“大老板”:你好。

爱德华。

欢迎加入Bibury系统公司。

CLIVE HARRIS: W hat do you think, Don?
克莱夫•哈里斯:堂,你认为怎么样?
DON BRADLEY: I don't like this design.
堂•布拉德利:我不喜欢这个设计。

CLIVE HARRIS: I agree. It's not good. I like this one. He looks angry.
克莱夫•哈里斯:我有同感。

还不是很好。

我喜欢这个。

他看上去生气的样子。

DON BRADLEY: Yes, I think it is very funny.
堂•布拉德利:对,很有趣。

DEREK JONES: What do you think?
德里克•琼斯:你认为怎么样?
EDW ARD GREEN: What about glasses?
爱德华•格林:加上眼镜怎样?
DEREK JONES: That is very good.
德里克•琼斯:太棒了。

DEREK JONES: Good idea! Brilliant!
德里克•琼斯:好主意! 真聪明!
一、公司成员:
接待员:Geraldine 管理部门负责人:Jenny 销售部门负责人:Kate Bibury Systems总经理:Mr.Clive Harris 销售和营销部的经理:Don开发部负责人:Derek Jones
★★★★New words and expressions生词和短语★★★★
reception n.接待处 receptionist 接待员 Head of Sales 销售部负责人 Research Assistant研究助理PC--personal computer 个人计算机 Marketing Executive 营销员 The Marketing Department 营销部photocopier 复印机 Sales and Marketing Director销售和营销部的经理 product产品
in-tray收文篮(办公室里用来存放待处理信函的地方) R&D--Research and Development研究和开发部fax machine 传真机coffee machine 煮咖啡壶 product range 产品总类 Sample样品
prototype样品(特指没上市的样品)The company structure公司结构 The Sales Department 销售部Where do you fit into your company structure? 你在公司是做什么的?
Lesson 2 Using the Telephone (第二课如何使用电话)
STARTING A TELEPHONE CONVERSATION 电话用语
GETTING THROUGH 接通电话
TAKING MESSAGES 电话留言
In this unit ...
Edward Green wants Mr Smith to buy Big Boss.
Don Bradley telephones Phil Watson at RUYJ Advertising.
Mr Sakai, a Japanese client, rings Clive Harris to discuss a meeting.
EDW ARD GREEN: Hello, my name is Edward Green. I would like to speak to Mr. Smith, please.
爱德华·格林:你好,我是爱德华•格林。

请史密斯先生接电话。

SMITH'S SECRETARY: I am sorry, but Mr.Smith isn't available.
史密斯的秘书:对不起,史密斯先生现在不在。

EDW ARD GREEN: Okay. I'll ring back. Does Mr. Smith have a direct line?
爱德华•格林:那好吧。

我再打过来。

史密斯先生有直线电话吗?
SMITH'S SECRETARY: I'm sorry but the number is confidential.
史密斯的秘书:对不起,号码保密l。

EDW ARD GREEN: Okay. Thank you.
爱德华•格林:好的。

谢谢。

JENNY ROSS: It's very difficult to speak to Mr. Smith.
詹妮•罗斯:想跟史密斯先生通电话真难。

EDW ARD GREEN: Yes, I know.
爱德华•格林:是啊,我知道。

NOVO RECEPTIONIST: Good morning, RUYJ Advertising.
NOVO 接待员:早上好,RUYJ 广告公司。

DON BRADLEY: Good morning. This is Don Bradley. Can I talk to Phil Watson, please?
堂•布拉德利:早上好。

我是堂•布拉德利。

请菲尔•沃森接电话?
NOVO RECEPTIONIST: What company are you from please?
NOVO 接待员:您是哪家公司的?
DON BRADLEY: Bibury Systems.
堂•布拉德利:Bibury系统公司。

NOVO RECEPTIONIST: I'll put you through.
NOVO 接待员:我给您转过去。

DA VE: Phil Watson's phone.
戴夫菲尔: 沃森的电话。

DON BRADLEY: Good morning. Can I talk to Phil, please?
堂•布拉德利:早上好。

请菲尔听电话
DA VE: Can I ask who's calling please?
戴夫:能问一下您是哪位吗?
DON BRADLEY: Don Bradley from Bibury Systems.
堂•布拉德利:Bibury系统公司的堂•布拉德利。

DA VE: Well, Mr. Bradley, I'm afraid Phil's not in the office at the moment. Can I take a message or would you like to ring him on his mobile phone?
戴夫:哦,布拉德利先生,菲尔目前不在办公室。

让我给他捎信还是您打他的移动电话?
DON BRADLEY: I'll try his mobile. Can I have the number please?
堂•布拉德利:我还是打他的移动电话吧。

请问号码是多少?
DA VE: 0802 54377
戴夫:0802 54377
DON BRADLEY: Just let me check that. Zero eight zero two five four three double seven.
堂•布拉德利:让我对一下。

0802 54377。

DA VE: That's it.
戴夫:对。

DON BRADLEY: Thanks.
堂•布拉德利:谢谢。

PHIL WATSON: Hello. Phil Watson.
菲尔•沃森:你好。

菲尔•沃森。

DON BRADLEY: Hello. Phil, this is Don Bradley.
堂•布拉德利:你好。

菲尔,我是堂•布拉德利。

PHIL WATSON: Hello, Don. Sorry to keep you waiting. How are you?
菲尔•沃森:你好,堂。

抱歉让你久等。

你身体好吗?
DON BRADLEY: I'm fine, thanks. Can we meet? We have a new product and I want you to see it.
堂•布拉德利:好,谢谢。

我们能见个面吗?我们有了新产品,我希望你看一下。

SMITH'S SECRETARY: Hello, Mr. Smith's office.
史密斯的秘书:你好,史密斯先生的办公室。

EDW ARD GREEN: Hello, my name is Edward Green from Bibury Systems. I rang earlier. I would like to speak to Mr.
Smith, please.
爱德华•格林:你好,我是Bibury系统公司的爱德华•格林。

我之前打过电话。

我想跟史密斯先生通电话。

SMITH'S SECRETARY: I'm afraid Mr. Smith isn’t in the office at the moment. Can I ask what it is about?
史密斯的秘书:史密斯先生目前不在办公室。

请问您有什么事?
EDW ARD GREEN: It is very important. I represent Bibury Systems. We're got a new product and I want Mr. Smith to see it.
爱德华•格林:是很重要的事。

我代表Bibury系统公司。

我们新推出了一款产品,希望史密斯先生看一下。

SMITH'S SECRETARY: Please send the product specifications by mail, Mr. Green.
史密斯的秘书:格林先生,请把该产品的说明书邮寄给我们。

EDW ARD GREEN: I would like Mr. Smith to see the product and would like to talk to Mr. Smith direct. When is a good time to call?
爱德华•格林:我希望史密斯先生看一下产品,并且希望直接和他谈一谈。

什么时候打电话合适?
SMITH'S SECRETARY: You could try ringing this afternoon.
史密斯的秘书:你可以今天下午试着打一下。

EDW ARD GREEN: Thank you. Goodbye.
爱德华•格林:谢谢。

再见。

DEREK JONES: Yes.
德里克•琼斯:你好。

CALLER: Can I speak to Peter?
CALLER:请皮特听电话?
DEREK JONES: Peter Hill?
德里克•琼斯:皮特·希尔?
CALLER: No. Peter Toyama.
CALLER:No. 皮特·富山。

DEREK JONES: There is no one here called Peter Toyama.
德里克•琼斯:我们这儿没皮特·富山这个人。

CALLER: Is that extension 367?
CALLER:这是367分机吗?
DEREK JONES: No, you're got the wrong number. This is 412.
德里克•琼斯:不是,你打错了。

这是分机412。

CALLER: I'm sorry. Could you put me back to the switchboard?
CALLER:对不起。

您能把我转回总机?
DEREK JONES: Yes, hang on.
德里克•琼斯:可以,稍等。

EDW ARD GREEN: Hello, this is Edward Green. I rang earlier. I would like to speak to Mr. Smith, please.
爱德华•格林:你好,我是爱德华•格林。

我之前打过电话。

我想跟史密斯先生通话。

SMITH'S SECRETARY: I'm afraid Mr. Smith is in a meeting.
史密斯的秘书:史密斯先生正在开会。

EDW ARD GREEN: Is he free later this afternoon?
爱德华•格林:他今天下午稍后有空吗?
SMITH'S SECRETARY: I don't think so. Mr. Smith is very busy at the moment.
史密斯的秘书:没有。

史密斯先生现在很忙。

EDW ARD GREEN: I'll right again tomorrow.
爱德华•格林:那我明天再打。

SMITH'S SECRETARY: I am afraid Mr. Smith isn't in the office tomorrow.
史密斯的秘书:史密斯先生明天也不在办公室。

CLIVE HARRIS: C live Harris.
克莱夫•哈里斯: 克莱夫•哈里斯。

KATE MCKENNA: Clive, it's Kate.
凯特.麦凯纳:克莱夫,是我,凯特。

CLIVE HARRIS: Hello Kate.
克莱夫•哈里斯: 你好,凯特。

KATE MCKENNA: Are you busy?
凯特.麦凯纳:忙吗?
CLIVE HARRIS: No, why?
克莱夫•哈里斯:不忙,什么事?
KATE MCKENNA I've got the sales report and I have all the figures ready for the presentation to Mr. Sakai. Do you want to see them?
凯特.麦凯纳:我拿到了销售报告以及给酒井先生演示的所有数据。

你要不要看一下?
GERALDINE:Good morning, Bibury Systems. How can I help you?
杰拉尔丁:早上好,Bibury系统公司。

可以为您效劳吗?
MR.SAKAI: Hello. My name is Sakai. I would like to speak to Mr. Harris, please.
酒井先生:你好。

我是酒井。

请哈里斯先生听电话。

GERALDINE: Please hold the line, Mr. Sakai. I'll put your through.
杰拉尔丁:请稍等,酒井先生。

我给您转过去。

CLIVE HARRIS: H ello.
克莱夫•哈里斯:你好。

GERALDINE: Mr. Sakai is on the line.
杰拉尔丁:酒井先生打电话给您。

CLIVE HARRIS: P ut him through ...sorry Kate, I must go. I’ve a very important call. I'll talk to you later.
克莱夫•哈里斯:转过来…… 抱歉,凯特,我必须挂了。

我有一个很重要的电话。

迟点儿再跟你通话。

Hello, Mr. Sakai.
你好,酒井先生。

MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Harris, how are you?
酒井先生:你好,哈里斯先生,身体好吗?
CLIVE HARRIS: I'm very well, thank you. How are you?
克莱夫•哈里斯:很好,谢谢。

你呢?
MR. SAKAI: I'm fine. I'm calling about our meeting.
酒井先生:好。

我打电话是有关我们会面的事宜。

CLIVE HARRIS: Yes?
克莱夫•哈里斯:有什么问题?
GERALDINE: Hello, Bibury Systems. How can I help you? Could I ask who's calling please? I'm afraid her extension is busy at the moment, Mr. Clark. Will you hold, or can I take a message? Okay, that's fine.
I'll ask her to call you back.
杰拉尔丁:你好,Bibury系统公司。

可以为您效劳吗?请问您是?克拉克先生,她的分机现在占线。

您是等会儿,还是留口信?好的。

我会让她打回给您。

JENNY ROSS: Good night, Edward.
詹妮•罗斯:晚上好,爱德华。

EDW ARD GREEN: Good night. I am going to phone Mr. Smith's number once again.
爱德华•格林:晚上好。

我正要再打一次史密斯先生的号码。

JENNY ROSS: Good luck!
詹妮•罗斯:祝你好运!
EDW ARD GREEN: It's six o'clock ? Maybe Mr. Smith is still at work. Maybe his secretary isn't there.
爱德华•格林:现在是6点钟,……或许史密斯先生还在工作。

或许他的秘书不在。

JENNY ROSS: I don't think
詹妮•罗斯:我不认为……
EDW ARD GREEN: Just wait?Ah Mr. Smith? My name is Edward Green.
爱德华•格林:等着看吧…… 啊!史密斯先生? 我是爱德华•格林。

MR. SMITH: Yes.
史密斯先生:什么事?
EDW ARD GREEN: You don't know me but I work in Don Bradley's office at Bibury Systems.
爱德华•格林:您不认识我,我是Bibury系统公司堂•布拉德利手下的工作人员。

MR. SMITH: Yes?
史密斯先生:怎样?
EDW ARD GREEN: I spoke to your secretary today.
爱德华•格林:今天我跟您的秘书通过电话
MR. SMITH: Yes?
史密斯先生:哦?
EDW ARD GREEN: You publish your catalogue this month. And we have an exciting new product.
爱德华•格林:您本月要出版产品目录。

我们新推出一款产品。

MR. SMITH: I have all the products I need.
史密斯先生:我有我所需要的所有产品。

EDW ARD GREEN: I would like you to have a word with Big Boss.
爱德华•格林:我希望您可以和“大老板”说上一、两句。

MR. SMITH: I'm sorry?
史密斯先生:什么?
EDW ARD GREEN: I'll put our new product on the line now.
爱德华•格林:我现在就把我们的新产品跟您连线。

BIG BOSS: Hello, Mr. Smith. My name is Big Boss. I am eighteen inches high! I am voice-activated and I want to
步入商界BBC商务英语中英文wxchild收集整理9/79 be in your catalogue.
“大老板”:你好,史密斯先生。

我是"大老板"。

我有18英寸高!我是声音启动型的,我想出现在您的产品目录上。

★★★★New words and expressions生词和短语★★★★
telephone / phone n.电话, 电话机v.打电话telephone number 电话号码switchboard n.交换台/总机extension 分机direct line 直线confidential adj. 机密的/ 秘密的mobile phone 移动电话cell phone available adj.有效的,可以得到的sales report销售报告catalogue商品目录to publish出版
voice-activated用声音启动
I'll put you through我帮你接通电话Can I take a message? 要留口信吗?
Can I ask him to call you back? 我要让他给你回电吗?
Lesson 3 Making Appointment (第三课约会)
ASKING FOR A MEETING 请求会面
FIXING TIMES AND DATES 约定时间及日期
GETTING PEOPLE TO DO THINGS 让他人做事
In this unit...
Edward Green makes an appointment with Mr. Smith.
Jenny Ross arranges a time for a meeting with Mr. Sakai.
Derek Jones and Clive Harris discuss the launch of Big Boss.
EDW ARD GREEN: So, Mr. Smith, when can we meet?
爱德华•格林:那么,史密斯先生,我们什么时候可以见面?
MR. SMITH: I’m busy all next week.
史密斯先生:我下周都很忙。

EDW ARD GREEN: Maybe the week after?
爱德华•格林:下下周?
MR. SMITH: Talk to my secretary.
史密斯先生:跟我秘书定吧。

EDW ARD GREEN: You print you r catalogue this month, don’t you?
爱德华•格林:你是这个月出版产品目录吧?
MR. SMITH: Yes.
史密斯先生:是的。

EDW ARD GREEN: Could you possibly see the product this week? It won’t take long.
爱德华•格林:那你能不能本周看一下产品?不会花太长时间。

MR. SMITH: Okay. Be here Wednesday morning...eight sha rp! I’ll give you twenty minutes.
史密斯先生:好吧。

周三早上到我这儿来……8点整! 我给你20分钟的时间。

EDW ARD GREEN: Thank you Mr. Smith. I’ll see you on Wednesday morning at 8 o’clock.
爱德华•格林:谢谢,史密斯先生。

那就周三早上8点钟见。

JENNY ROSS: Well done!
詹妮•罗斯:做的好!
CLIVE HARRIS: G ood morning. Geraldine.
克莱夫•哈里斯:早上好。

杰拉尔丁。

GERALDINE: Good morning, Mr. Harris.
杰拉尔丁:早上好,哈里斯先生。

CLIVE HARRIS: J enny, could you ring up Mr. Sakai’s office in Japan?
克莱夫•哈里斯:詹妮,你能给日本酒井先生的办公室打个电话吗?
We need to set up a meeting. Not this week...but the meeting must be before November the 3rd.
步入商界BBC商务英语中英文wxchild收集整理10/79我们要安排个会议。

不是本周……但会议必须是在11月3日前。

I’d like Kate, Don Bradley and Derek to be there.
凯特、堂•布拉德利和德里克要出席。

CLIVE HARRIS: C live Harris.
克莱夫•哈里斯:克莱夫•哈里斯。

DEREK JONES: Clive, it’s Derek.
德里克•琼斯:克莱夫,是我,德里克。

CLIVE HARRIS: H ello, Derek. What can I do for you?
克莱夫•哈里斯:你好,德里克。

我能为你做些什么??
DEREK JONES: Could you come down to the development workshop for a second?
德里克•琼斯:你能下来一趟研发车间吗?
CLIVE HARRIS:Derek, I’m busy.
克莱夫.哈里斯: 德里克,我在忙着。

DEREK JONES: Come on. It’ll take ten minute s.
德里克•琼斯:来吧。

只要10分钟。

CLIVE HARRIS: A lright I’ve got five minutes. I’m seeing Kate Mckenna at eleven.
克莱夫•哈里斯:好吧,我只有5分钟。

我11点还要见凯特.麦凯纳。

JENNY ROSS: Hello, could I speak to Mr. Sakai’s secretary... This is Jenny from Bibury Systems in the UK. Mr.
Harris would like to arrange a meeting with Mr. Sakai. I wonder if you could check Mr. Sakai’s
European itinerary.
詹妮•罗斯:你好,请酒井先生的秘书听电话……我是英国Bibury系统公司的詹妮。

哈里斯先生希望可以和酒井先生安排一次会议。

我想知道你能不能核对一下酒井先生欧洲的行程。

GERALDINE: Yes...yes...yes...I’ll make sure he gets the messag e...Alright...goodbye.
杰拉尔丁:好……好……好……我保证他得到消息…… 好吧…… 再见。

Mr. Harris, I’ve just had a call from Mr. Peter’s secretary. I’m afraid he’s going to be fifteen minutes
late for his appointment this afternoon.
啊,哈里斯先生,我刚接到皮特先生秘书的电话。

今天下午的约会,他可能要晚到15分钟。

CLIVE HARRIS: O kay. That’s no problem.
克莱夫•哈里斯:好的。

没问题。

GERALDINE: Good morning, Bibury Systems.
杰拉尔丁:早上好,Bibury系统公司。

GERALDINE: Well, Green can see you at eleven o’clock on Monday. Is that alright? No, I’m sorry, on Tuesday he has a meeting in the morning. Is the afternoon possible? Alright. Thank you.
杰拉尔丁:噢,格林可以在周一上午11点钟见你。

有问题吗? 没有,对不起,他周二上午有个会。

下午行吗?好的。

谢谢。

GERALDINE: Hello, Bibury Systems.
杰拉尔丁:你好,Bibury系统公司。

DEREK JONES: What do you think?
德里克•琼斯:你认为怎么样?
CLIVE HARRIS: W e’ll miss the launch date.
克莱夫•哈里斯:我们可能会错过发布日期。

DEREK JONES: No, it’ll be on schedule.
德里克•琼斯:不会,会准时的。

CLIVE HARRIS: F ebruary 15th?
克莱夫•哈里斯:2月15日?
DEREK JONES: It will be ready for February 15th.
德里克•琼斯:2月15日前会准备好的。

CLIVE HARRIS: W e must meet the deadline.
克莱夫•哈里斯:我们必须赶上最后期限。

JENNY ROSS: Kate! Have you got a minute?
詹妮•罗斯:凯特!有时间吗?
KATE MCKENNA: What’s wrong, Jenny?
凯特.麦凯纳:怎么了,詹妮?
JENNY ROSS: I have a problem. I am trying to arrange the meeting with Mr. Sakai. He is in the UK for these three days. The first, the second and the third of November, but he is only available on the first and the
second...that’s the Monday and the Tuesday. Clive Harris is in Scotland on the Tuesday and Don
can’t make Monday morning... and you and Derek are both in meetings on Monday afternoon. What
am I to do?
詹妮•罗斯:我有个问题。

我在安排和酒井先生的会面。

他有三天在英国。

分别是11月的1、23号,但他只有1号、2号……也就是周以和周二有空。

而克莱夫·哈里斯周二在苏格兰,堂周一早上
又不行……而你和德里克周一下午又有会。

我该怎么办?
KATE MCKENNA: Set up an evening meeting?
凯特.麦凯纳:会议安排在晚上怎么样?
JENNY ROSS: No, Mr. Sakai’s secretary says he has dinner engagements on the second and the third.
詹妮•罗斯:不行,酒井先生的秘书说,他在2号、3号晚上有晚餐约会。

KATE MCKENNA: Monday evening?
凯特.麦凯纳:周一晚上?
JENNY ROSS: Mr. Sakai arrives at the airport at nine o’clock on Monday morning and it’s a nine hour flight.
Monday evening is not a good time for the meeting. He will be jet lagged.
詹妮•罗斯:酒井先生周一早上9点到机场,而整个航程有9个小时。

周一晚上不好。

他会有时差反应的。

KATE MCKENNA: Then Derek and I will have to change our arrangements. May I see my diary?
凯特.麦凯纳:那么,德里克和我就不得不改变我们的安排了。

我来看一下我的日程安排?
Change our ten o’clock meeting with Mr. C lark. Make it at half past eight on the 4th.
把10点钟和克拉克先生的会议改期。

安排在4号8:30吧。

JENNY ROSS: You’re giving a dinner party on the 4th.
詹妮•罗斯:你4号有个宴会。

KATE MCKENNA: Eight-thirty a.m., not eight-thirty p.m.
凯特.麦凯纳:是上午8:30,不是下午8:30。

JENNY ROSS: That’s going to be a long day.
詹妮•罗斯:那天真够你忙的了。

EDW ARD GREEN: Good Morning!
爱德华•格林:早上好!
KATE MCKENNA: Hi, Edward. How’s it going?
凯特.麦凯纳:你好,爱德华。

怎么样?
EDW ARD GREEN: It’s going very well!
爱德华•格林:一切都好!
KATE MCKENNA: You look very happy.
凯特.麦凯纳:你看上去很高兴。

EDW ARD GREEN: I am happy. I met Mr. Smith this morning at eight-thirty.
爱德华•格林:我高兴。

我今天早上8:30见了史密斯先生。

KATE MCKENNA: That’s very good. And?
凯特.麦凯纳:很好啊。

然后呢?
EDW ARD GREEN: Mr. Smith liked Big Boss.
爱德华•格林:史密斯先生喜欢“大老板”。

KATE MCKENNA: Good.
凯特.麦凯纳:好。

EDW A RD GREEN: But he didn’t like the name.
爱德华•格林:但他不怎么喜欢它的名字。

KATE MCKENNA: Why not?
凯特.麦凯纳:为什么?
EDW ARD GREEN: He says Big boss isn’t a good name. He wants to call it Tycoon Tim. But he thinks Big Boss will sell.
爱德华•格林:他说,“大老板”不是个好名字。

他想把它叫做“大款蒂姆”。

但他又认为,叫“大老板”会畅销。

KATE MCKENNA: Well done! It’s your first marketing success.
凯特.麦凯纳:做的好!这是你营销的第一个成功。

★★★★New words and expressions生词和短语★★★★
tycoon[ ] n. 企业界大亨, 将军
to set up a meeting /to arrange a meeting安排会议/会面 itinerary旅行计划/ 旅行日程
aunch date产品上市日schedule安排时间deadline最后期限miss an opportunity错过机会
on schedule按计划完成 meet the deadline按时完工
Lesson 4 Receiving Visitors (第四课接受访问者)
INTRODUCING A VISITOR TO YOUR COLLEAGUES 介绍来防者
MAKING SMALL TALK 寒暄
RESPONDING TO INVITATIONS 回复邀请
SAYING WHAT YOU LIKE 说明所好
In this unit...
Mr. Sakai, an important Japanese visitor, arrives in the UK. Mr. Sakai and Clive Harris go to Bibury Systems by car.
Kate and Jenny prepare for the presentation to Mr. Sakai.
Edward Green visits Phil Watson at RUYJ Advertising. They discuss the designs for the display unit. Clive Harris shows Mr. Sakai the company offices.
KATE MCKENNA: You know Mr. Sakai is coming at ten o’clock, don’t you, Jenny?
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,酒井先生10点钟要来,你知道吗?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, I do. It’s an important meeting, isn’t it?
詹妮•罗斯:是的,我知道。

这次会议很重要,是吗?
KATE MCKENNA: And the slides are ready, aren’t they?
凯特.麦凯纳:幻灯片已经准备好了,对吗?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, they are.
詹妮•罗斯:是的,准备好了。

KATE MCKENNA: And you have checked the monitor, haven’t you?
凯特.麦凯纳:你也检查过显示器,对吧?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, Kate, I have.
詹妮•罗斯:是的,凯特,我已经检查过了。

KATE MCKENNA: Sorry, Jenny, it really is very important.
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,不好意思,不过这次会议真是太重要了。

DON BRADLEY: Good morning!
堂•布拉德利:早上好!
JENNY ROSS: Hello, Don.
詹妮•罗斯:你好,堂。

DON BRADLEY: Is everything ready for the big day?
堂•布拉德利:这可是个大日子,都准备好了吗?
JENNY ROSS: I think so.
詹妮•罗斯:我想是的。

KATE MCKENNA: Don, I’m worried about the last part of the presentation. Can we talk?
凯特.麦凯纳:堂,我对演示的最后一部分有点担心。

我们能谈谈吗?
MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much for collecting me.
酒井先生:非常感谢你来接我。

CLIVE HARRIS: I t’s a pleasure. Don’t mention it.
克莱夫•哈里斯:乐意效劳。

没什么的。

CLIVE HARRIS: I s your hotel okay?
克莱夫•哈里斯:宾馆还好吧?
MR. SAKAI: Yes, thanks. It’s fine.
酒井先生:是的,谢谢。

很好。

CLIVE HARRIS: I t is good of you to visit us. Thank you for sparing the time. I know you have a busy itinerary.
克莱夫•哈里斯:你来探望我们真是太好了。

谢谢你抽出时间来,我知道你的行程很紧。

MR. SAKAI: It’s a pleasure, Mr. Harris.
酒井先生:这是我的荣幸,哈里斯先生。

I enjoy coming to Britain. And I am looking forward to my visit to Bibury Systems.
我很高兴来英国。

并且很期望对Bibury系统公司的参观。

CLIVE HARRIS: I t’s kind of you to say so. We’ll do our best to make your visit worthwhile.
克莱夫•哈里斯:你这么说真是太感谢你了。

我们会尽一切努力使你的来访有价值。

DON BRADLEY: You’re seeing Phil Watson at twelve o’clock about the display unit design. Do you understa nd the problem?
堂•布拉德利:你12点钟要见菲尔•沃森,商谈展品的设计。

你明白有什么问题了?
EDW ARD GREEN: No, I don’t.
爱德华•格林:不,没有。

DON BRADLEY: These are the rough designs. Choosing the right colour is very important.
堂•布拉德利:这些是设计初稿。

选择正确的颜色是很重要的。

EDW ARD GREEN: Sorry, could you explain what you mean?
爱德华•格林:不好意思,能解释一下你的意思吗?
DON BRADLEY: Well, we need different colours.
堂•布拉德利:哦,我们需要不同的颜色。

EDW ARD GREEN: Ah, do you mean stronger colours?
爱德华•格林:啊,你是说要更深的颜色吗?
DON BRADLEY: Yes, I do. This display unit must make an impact. It’s ve ry important. It must look right for the launch.
It must look exciting.
堂•布拉德利:是的。

这件展品必须给人眼前一亮的感觉。

这很重要。

它必须要适合本次的发行。

必须令人心动。

EDW ARD GREEN: I understand.
爱德华•格林:我明白了。

DON BRADLEY: Well, make sure Phil understands. Also this pictures of Big Boss need to be bigger...
堂•布拉德利:对了,一定要让菲尔明白。

另外,“大老板”的照片还要大些……
CLIVE HARRIS: So, we aren’t a very big company...but I think we are very efficient.
克莱夫•哈里斯:我们公司尽管不是很大……,但办事效率却是很高的。

MR. SAKAI: How many people do you employ?
酒井先生:你们公司有多少员工?
CLIVE HARRIS: A bout seven hundred full-time. But we take on casual staff when we need them.
克莱夫•哈里斯:有约700名全职员。

但有需要时我们也会雇临时工。

Would you like some more coffee, Mr. Sakai?。

相关文档
最新文档