成为简·奥斯汀 Becoming Jane 中英剧本

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

成为简·奥斯汀 Becoming Jane 中英剧本

"Boundaries of...
"不拘于...


'propriety...
"礼节...


"vigorously assaulted...
"随心所欲...


"...propriety were..."
"...礼节..."


"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted.
"不拘礼节 随心所欲


"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted, as was only right,
"不拘礼节 随心所欲 这没错


"but not quite breached, as was also right.
"但从不过头 这也没错


"Nevertheless,
"然而...


"she was not pleased."
"她并不满足"


- What is it? - Jane.
怎么回事? 是简


Jane!
简!


成为简·奥斯汀

Oh, dear me.
天呢


That girl needs a husband.
得给那姑娘找个丈夫


And who's good enough? Nobody.
谁又配得上呢? 没人


I blame you for that.
这都怪你


Being too much the model of perfection.
怪我是个完美的模范


I've shared your bed for 32 years
和你同床32年了


and perfection is something I have not encountered.
我从没遇到过完美的事


Yet.
到目前为止


No. Stop it. Mr Austen,
别这样 停下来 奥斯汀先生

it's Sunday! Stop, no, it's...

今天是礼拜天 停下来 别 今天是...


The utmost of a woman's character is expressed in the duties of daughter,
女人的特性最充分地表现在 她作为女儿...


sister and, eventually, wife and mother.
姐妹 最终作为一个妻子和母亲的责任


It is secured by soft attraction,
这依赖于她那温柔的魅力


virtuous love and quiet in the early morning.
高尚的爱 和清晨的安宁


If a woman happens to have a particular superiority,
如果一个女人碰巧生有所长


for example, a profound mind, it is best kept a profound secret.
比方说 深远的智慧 最好藏作一个秘密


Humour is liked more, but wit? No.
幽默更讨人喜欢 但智慧不是


It is the most treacherous talent of them all.
拥有那种才华是最大的危险


Now, George, old fellow, you know you have to stay.
好了 乔治 你得留下来


- Jenny! - George, George.
珍妮!


Hurry along, Jane! We'll be late!
快跟上 简 我们要迟了


When Her Ladyship calls, we must obey.
夫人下令时 我们就得遵命


Come along, Jane.
快点 简


Lady Gresham, may I introduce my niece
格雷欣夫人 允许我介绍 我的侄女

Comtesse De Feuillide

德·芙伊德伯爵夫人


and Mr Fowle, Cassandra's fiance.
还有福先生 卡珊德拉的未婚夫


Comtesse? Then you presume to be French?
伯爵夫人? 你该是法国人吧

By marriage.

是嫁过来的

Monsieur le Comte is not here to pay his respects?

伯爵先生不亲自来拜访?


A prior engagement, ma'am,
他有约在先 夫人


Monsieur le Comte was obliged to pay

his respects to
必须去拜访勒·吉约坦夫人

Madame le Guillotine.

(Guillotine指断头台 暗指已过世)


I see your nephew is with us again.
又见到您的侄子了


Mr Wisley.
韦斯利先生


Wisley is indispensable to my happiness.
韦斯利就是我幸福的源泉


Well, do sit down.
都坐吧


Mr Fowle and Cassandra are only recently engaged.
福先生和卡珊德拉才刚订婚


When shall you marry?
你们什么时候结婚?


- Not for some time, Your Ladyship. - Why not?
暂时不会 尊贵的夫人 为什么?


I'm also engaged to go to the West Indies
我要作为克雷文爵士的随军牧师


with Lord Craven's expedition against the French, as chaplain.
远赴西印度群岛参加对法作战


What has Craven offered you?
克雷文给了你什么?


I've hopes of a parish on my return.
回来时我有希望得到一个教区


How much is it worth?
那值多少?


Enough to marry on, in a modest way.
足够举办婚礼 不铺张的话


Mr Wisley, did you know the Basingstoke assemblies resume?
韦斯利先生 你听说镇上的舞会了吗


Very soon, I believe.
快到了 我想


Jane does enjoy a ball.
简非常喜欢舞会


Wisley can't abide them.
韦斯利受不了舞会


But, sir,
但是 先生


a ball is an indispensable blessing to the juvenile part of the neighbourhood.
舞会非常有益于邻里附近的青年人


Everything agreeable in the way of talking and sitting down together
大家坐下来 聊聊天 很惬意


all managed with the utmost decorum.
这也合乎礼仪


An amiable man could not object.
作为一位绅士是不该拒绝的


Then I find I'm converted.
那我还是去


Displayed like a brood mare.
就像匹柔弱的母马


- Mr Wisley is a highly eligible young gentleman. - Oh, Mother!
韦斯利先生可是个非常合适的人选 妈妈!


- You know our situation, Jane. - Oh!
你得明白我们的状况 简


And he is Lady Gresham's favourite nephew and heir.
他是格雷欣夫人最疼爱的侄子


One day, he shall inherit this.
他迟早会继承这里


Excellent prospects!
多好的景色!


His small fortune will not buy me.
他那几个臭钱收买不了我

What will buy you, cousin?

那什么才能收买你 表妹?


It's not finished yet.
还没结束呢

More wary in the world, Mr Lefroy.

机灵点 勒弗罗伊先生


You can pay me for that later.
打完再付钱吧


Come on, Mr Lefroy.
上啊 勒弗罗伊先生


Come on, man, hit him!
上啊 打他!


Lefroy!
勒弗罗伊!


- WOMAN: Glass of wine with you, sir? - Madam.
要来杯酒吗 先生? 很荣幸


- Displaying to advantage, I see, Lefroy. Like the sword, Austen.
打得不错啊 勒弗罗伊 就差一点

奥斯汀


How long before you have to get back to the sticks?
这次待多久再回乡下去?


A day.
一天


So soon?
这么快?


Doghouse, debts, but one must cut some sort of
有麻烦 一屁股债 不过 就算只是个民兵

a figure even in the militia.

也要显出些尊严了

Especially when condemned to a parsonage, my friend.

尤其是在牧师面前 我的朋友


Yes.
是啊


Still, who is this sour-faced little virgin?
那个红脸小处男是谁?


Your pardon, ma'am.
劳驾 女士


Mr Tom Lefroy, may I present Mr John Warren?
汤姆·勒弗罗伊先生 让我介绍下约翰·沃伦先生


Joining me in Hampshire, my father is preparing us both for holy orders.
父亲要我们两个回汉普郡供神职


I understand you've visited Hampshire, Mr Lefroy.
我知道你来过汉普郡 勒弗罗伊先生


Last year.
去年


Long visit, was it?
待了很长时间吧

Very long, Mr Warren. Almost three hours.

是很长 沃伦先生 将近3个小时
Mr Austen, you're devilishly handsome. A kiss, a kiss.

奥斯汀先生太英俊了 亲一个 亲一个



So, Tom, where should we go? Vauxhall Gardens?
汤姆 我们去哪儿? 沃克斯花园?


Been there.
去过了


Lefroy, there's a Tahitian Love Fest on at White's.
勒弗罗伊 怀特家 有个塔希提式的爱情舞会


Seen it.
看过了


- Crockford's? - Crockford's? Done that.
克劳克福德呢 克劳克福德? 玩过了


Or did it do me?
好像吧


Wh-wh-wh-what is a Tahitian Love Fest?
塔希提爱情舞会是怎么回事?


Warren!
沃伦!


I humbly beg your pardon, sir.
不好意思 先生 我过一下


Theft of one pig is a crime, heinous to be sure,
偷一头猪是犯罪 毫无疑问非常可恨


but two pigs...
但是偷两头猪...


Two pigs is a violent assault on the very sanctity of private property itself.
是对私人财产不可侵犯的亵渎


You and your kind are a canker on the body social.
你和你这样的人是社会的弊害


And cankers are cut out.
必须被清除


Transportation for life. Next.
终身流放 下一个


- Why are you here in London, sir? - To learn the law.
你来伦敦是为了什么 先生? 学习法律


- Which has no other end but what? - The preservation of the rights of property.
那法律是为了什么? 维护对财产的权利


- Against? - The mob.
来对抗? 那些暴徒


Therefore, order is kept
所以 秩序安稳


because we have...
因为我们有...


- A standing army? - Good manners, sir, and prudence.
常备军? 是礼貌 先生 还有谨慎


- Do you know that word? Prudence? - Yes.
你知道"谨慎"这个词吗 知道


Consider myself.
就说我自己吧


I was born rich, c

ertainly,
当然 我生来富有

but I remain rich by virtue of exceptional conduct.

但我现在仍富有 是因为出色的表现


I have shown restraint.
我会约束自己


Your mother, my sister,
你妈妈 也就是我的妹妹

became poor because she did not...

她会变穷是因为她没管好自己


She married my father because she loved him.
她是因为爱才嫁给我父亲的


Yes, and that's why you have so many brothers
对 这就是为什么

and sisters back there in...

你有那么多兄弟姐妹生活在...

Limerick.

利墨里克郡


If you hope, I say hope...
如果你希望 我是说希望...


If you aspire to inherit my property,
如果你有志成为我的财产继承人


you must prove yourself more worthy.
你得证明你值得


But what do we find? We find dissipation
但我们看到了什么? 挥霍


wild enough to glut the imaginings of a Hottentot braggadocio.
放纵自己 尽会吹牛


Wild companions, gambling,
交些狐朋狗友 还有赌博


running around St James's
在公园周围跑来跑去

like a neck-or-nothing young blood of the fancy.

像个做白日梦的无知青年


- What kind of lawyer will that make? - Typical.
那会让你成为什么样的律师? 典型的


Humour?
幽默感?


Well, you're going to need that because I'm teaching you a lesson.
很好 你会需要的 因为我要给你个教训


I'm sending you to stay with your other relations, the Lefroys.
我打算把你送去和你的家人住 勒弗罗伊一家


- Uncle, they live in the country. - Deep in the country.
舅舅 他们住在乡下 是很偏僻的乡下


Jane?
简?


Can you?
帮我个忙?


Thank you.
谢谢


I think you two quite the prettiest sisters in England.
我觉得你们俩绝对是 全英国最漂亮的姐妹


Mr Fowle will be enchanted.
福先生会被迷死的


San Domingo is half a world away.
圣·多明戈在世界另一头


He'll forget me.
他会忘了我


Impossible. Look at the memory you're giving him tonight.
不可能 今晚你会留给他美好的回忆


Cassie.
凯西


His heart will stop at the very sight of you
一看到你他的心跳就会停住

or he doesn't deserve to live.

不然他就不配活着了


And, yes, I'm aware of the contradiction embodied in that sentence.
当然 我知道这句话有矛盾


Is it?
是他吗


Jane!
简!


Henry!
亨利!


You look wonderful.
你看上去真好


Well, hello, John. It's very good to see you.
你好约翰 真高兴见到你


- Nice to see you. - Oh, John!
很高兴见到你 约翰!


George!
乔治!


Leave your brother alone.
别捉弄你兄弟了


Jane! Jane? Have you heard?
简! 简? 你听说了么?

My father's nephew is

staying with us.

我爸爸的侄子要和我们一起住了

From London.

从伦敦来的


- He is a... - A brilliant young lawyer.
是个... 年轻聪明的律师


- Lucy, please. - With a reputation.
露西 别这样 很有名


For lateness?
迟到的名声?


Hat off, George. Hat off, Father's ready.
把帽子摘了 乔治 把帽子摘了 你父亲要说话


- Thank you, John. - Please.
谢谢 约翰 请


The family is always moving
这个家族总在不断前进

in great ways and small.

无论是大的方面还是小的方面


Firstly, the small. Henry is back from Oxford with his degree,
先从小的说起 亨利拿到了剑桥的学位


- thank goodness. - Well done.
谢天谢地 干得好


And our friend John,
还有我们的朋友约翰

my new student. Then the great.

我的新学生 再来说说大的方面


Cassandra, who is forsaking us for her brother Edward and his family at the coast
卡珊德拉要离开我们去海边 她兄弟爱德华那里


whilst Robert voyages to the West Indies with Lord Craven's expedition.
同时罗伯特会随克雷文大人 远征西印度群岛


And then, together, they can embark
然后 他们就能一起

on that most great and most serious journey of life.

开始一段 美妙的 重要的人生旅程


Miss Austen, I understand you will be
奥斯汀小姐 我想你很乐意

favouring us with a reading?

为我们朗读你的祝词吧
- Do, Jane. - Do.

去吧 简



- Oh, please, Miss Jane. - Oh, yes, Jane, do.
去吧 简


Please, Jane.
简 去吧


"Advice from a young lady on the engagement of her beloved sister Cassandra
"一位年轻女士给她至爱的姐姐卡珊德拉


"to a Fowle."
和一个叫福的 订婚建议"


"His addresses were offered in a manner violent enough to be flattering.
"他谈吐随意 近乎于谄媚


"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted, as was only right,
"不拘礼节 随心所欲 这没错


"but not quite breached, as was also right.
"但从不过头 这也没错


"Nevertheless, she was..."
"不过 她...


And may I introduce my young nephew Mr Thomas Lefroy?
请允许我介绍 我年轻的侄子汤姆·勒弗罗伊?


And he's more than welcome. Join us, sir, join us.
欢迎你 跟我们一起吧


Green velvet coat. Vastly fashionable.
绿色的天鹅绒外衣 非常时髦


You'll find this vastly amusing.
你会觉得这很有趣


"His addresses were...
"他谈吐...


"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted,
"不拘礼节 随心所欲


"as was only right, but not quite breached, as was also right.
"没错 但从不过头 也没错


"Nevertheless, she was not pleased.
"不过 她不会满足...


"Her taste was refined, her

sentiments noble,
"她那优越的品味 高尚的情操

her person lovely, her figure elegant."

可爱的品性和优雅的身姿"


Good God, there's writing on both sides of those pages.
天哪 两面都写满了


Shh. Damn it, man.
嘘 该死


"'It was only yesterday I repelled Lord Graham and his six million,
就在昨天 我回绝了格雷欣爵士的六百万


"'which would have lasted me almost a twelvemonth,
那足够我花整整一年


"'with economies... '
省吃俭用的话...


"'greater than all the jewels in India, an adoring heart."'
比印度所有宝石更珍贵的 是一颗令人敬慕的心


God!
天啊!


"'And pray, madam, what am I to expect in return? '
那么请祈祷 女士 该盼望得到什么样的回报呢


"'Expect? Well, you may expect to have me pleased from time to time."'
"盼望什么呢? 你得时常讨我欢心"


Is this who I am?
我是那样的吗


"And a sweet, gentle, pleading, innocent,
还有你那甜蜜温柔 纯真善良


"delicate, sympathetic, loyal,
柔弱而富有同情心的 忠贞无暇的

untutored, adoring female heart."

令人敬慕的女人的心


The end.
说完了


- Bravo, Jane. - Well done, Jane.
- 非常好 简! - 说得好 简!


Bravo.
非常棒


Well done.
说得好


Well, excessively charming, I thought.
她太迷人了


Well, accomplished enough, perhaps,
是很有才


but a metropolitan mind may be less susceptible to extended, juvenile self-regard.
不过见过世面后就不会这么 矫揉造作了 幼稚的自我欣赏


REVEREND AUSTEN: Well, thank you. We're both very proud.
谢谢 我们都很骄傲


# In airy dreams
* 在快乐的梦中


#... absent love to see
* …看到那不在的爱


# Dear you, oh, to think
* 亲爱的你 哦 想念


# On thee #
* 为你


MR LEFROY: Careful there, old fellow.
小心点 伙计


TOM: Fine piece, Mr Lefroy.
是把好枪 勒弗罗伊先生


Handled a gun before, have you, Tom?
以前拿过枪吗 汤姆?


Tom!
汤姆!


Jesus!
我的天!


- Tom. - Uncle?
汤姆 叔叔?


Why not try a walk?
为什么不去散散步?


There's some very fine country round about. Very fine.
这里有的是乡间美景 很漂亮


A walk.
散步


Miss!
小姐!


Miss! Miss!
小姐! 小姐!


Miss! Miss, I...
小姐! 小姐 我...


Miss?
小姐?


Miss?
小姐?


- Miss... - Austen.
那个什么小姐... 是奥斯汀小姐


Mr Lefroy.
我是勒弗罗伊先生


Yes, I know, but I am alone.
是的 我知道 不过 我想一个人


- Except for me. - Exactly.
加上我就不是了 完全正确


Oh, come!
好啦!


What rules of conduct apply in this rural situation?
在乡村里就是这样的礼节吗



We have been introduced, have we not?
我们已经介绍认识过了 不是吗


What value is there in an introduction when you cannot even remember my name?
你甚至都不记得我的名字 那种介绍有意义吗


Indeed, can barely stay awake in my presence.
事实是 你连在我面前 遵守礼节都做不到


Madam.
女士


These scruples must seem very provincial to a gentleman with such elevated airs,
这些礼节对一个您这样的高尚绅士也许太土气了


but I do not devise these rules. I am merely obliged to obey them.
但不是我想出来的 我只是去遵守


I have been told there is much to see upon a walk
他们说散步时有很多东西可以看


but all I've detected so far is a general tendency to green above and brown below.
但我发现的尽是 头上一片绿 脚下一片土


Yes, well, others have detected more. It is celebrated.
是的 可别人观察得更多


- There's even a book about Selborne Wood. - Oh.
让人高兴的是 甚至有本关于萨尔博尼树林的书


A novel, perhaps?
是部小说?


Novels?
小说?


Being poor, insipid things, read by mere women,
那种乏味平淡 专给女人读的东西?
even, God forbid, written by mere women?

天 你不会就是在说女人写的东西?


I see, we're talking of your reading.

我明白了 我们是在说你的祝词


As if the writing of women did not display the greatest powers of mind,
好像女人的作品就无法表现出 思想的力量


knowledge of human nature, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour
人性的知识 自然的幽默


and the best-chosen language imaginable?
以及你能想到最美丽的语言?


- Was I deficient in rapture? - In consciousness.
- 是我不够专心? - 不够觉悟


It was...
其实...


It was accomplished.
其实你很有才华


It was ironic.
这很讽刺


- And you're sure I've not offended you? - Not at all.
你知道我无心冒犯 才没有


My lords, ladies and gentlemen, the Grand Vizier's Flight.
女士们先生们 舞会开始


- May I have the honour? - How kind, cousin.
能赏脸跳支舞吗 很荣幸 表弟


- Miss Austen. - Mr Wisley.
奥斯汀小姐 韦斯利先生


May I have the pleasure of this next dance?
能请你跳下一支舞吗


- Oh, no, we're so late. - Take care.
我们来得太晚了 小心


Oh, thank you, Tom.
谢谢 汤姆


- Hurry. - Lucy.
快 露西


I am mortified.
我很惭愧


I practised, but it won't stick.
练了很多次了 可就是不行


What a lovely pair they make.
多可爱的一对


Ah, Sister.
妹妹


What do you make of Mr Lefroy?
你觉得勒弗罗伊先生怎么样?

We're honoured by his presence.

他能来就让我们深感荣幸
You think?


你真这么想?



He does, with his preening, prancing, Irish-cum-Bond-Street airs.
是啊 看看那身打扮 昂首阔步 一副公子哥的相


Jane.


Well, I call it very high indeed, refusing to dance when there are so few gentleman.

我对此评价还是很高的 男伴这么少还拒绝跳舞


- Henry, are all your friends so disagreeable? - Jane.
亨利 你朋友都这么无礼吗 简


Where exactly in Ireland does he come from, anyway?
他到底是爱尔兰哪里人?


Limerick, Miss Austen.
利墨里克 奥斯汀小姐


I would regard it as a mark of extreme favour
如果你能赏脸和我跳下一支舞


if you would stoop to honour me with this next dance.
我将感到万分荣幸


Being the first to dance with me, madam,
你是第一位和我跳舞的女士

I feel it only fair to inform you

我想公平地说一句

that you carry the standard for Hampshire hospitality.

你的好客真是汉普郡的典范


Ah, then your country reputation depends on my report.
那么说你在这里的名声 得靠我来流传了


This, by the way, is called a country dance,
顺便说一句 这支舞叫乡村舞

after the French, contredanse.

源于法文contredanse(对舞)


Not because it is exhibited at an uncouth rural assembly
不只是因为得在粗俗的乡下舞会上跳


with glutinous pies,
这儿会有粘手的馅饼


execrable Madeira
糟糕的葡萄酒


and truly anarchic dancing.
还可以放任自由地跳舞


You judge the company severely, madam.
你对舞伴的要求很严格 女士


- I was describing what you'd be thinking. - Allow me to think for myself.
我只是说出了你的想法 那就让我自己想想


Gives me leave to do the same, sir, and come to a different conclusion.
那就让我也这么想想 会有不同的结论


Will you give so much to a woman?
你会让一个女人这么想么?

It must depend on the woman

那得看是什么样的女人


and what she thinks of me.
以及她对我的看法


But you are above being pleased.
但是你...很难伺候


And I think that you, miss, what was it?
我觉得你 什么小姐来着?


- Austen. Mr? - Lefroy.
奥斯汀 什么先生来着? 勒弗罗伊


I think that you, Miss Austen, consider yourself a cut above the company.
我觉得你 奥斯汀小姐... 自认为高人一等


Me?
我?


You, ma'am,
是的 女士


secretly.
内心里


How many times did you stand up with that gentleman, Jane?
你跟那位绅士抬了几回杠 简?


- Was it twice? - Twice would have been partial.
有两次吗 两次是偏见


- Thrice would have been absolutely... - Flagrant.
三次就 很明显... 不能容忍了


Careful, Jane, Lucy is right. Mr Lefroy does have a reputation.

小心点 简 露西说的对 勒弗罗伊名声在外


Presumably as the most disagreeable...
他大概是我见过最讨人厌的...


"...insolent, arrogant, impudent,
...最傲慢无礼 厚颜无耻


"insufferable, impertinent of men."
难以忍受 鲁莽粗俗的男人


Too many adjectives.
形容词多了点


What is she trying to say?
她想说什么?


On your toes, gentlemen. No singles.
准备好 先生们 别落下


Bowler's end, bowler's end.
投手这边 投手这边


Again! Run for more.
再来! 继续跑


I never feel more French than when I watch cricket.
只有在看板球时 我才觉得自己是法国人


- Out. - Not out.
出局 没有


- No? - No.
没吗 没


Is he out?
他出界了吗


I begin to suspect you're flirting with my brother, cousin.
我开始怀疑你在和我哥哥调情 表姐


Flirting is a woman's trade. One must keep in practice.
调情是女人的专利 要经常实践


You're gone.
你出局了


Well played, Tom.
投得好 汤姆


We're depending on you.
看你的了


Oh, it's Mr Warren's... turn.
轮到沃伦先生了


Best of luck!
祝你好运!


John Warren!
约翰·沃伦!


Good luck, Mr Warren.
祝你好运 沃伦先生


John never was very good, though.
约翰可不怎么在行


Easy!
小菜一碟!


Run, Warren, run!
快跑 沃伦 跑!


Quickly, hurry! Run!
- 快 跑! - 跑!


Jolly good show!
好球!


Watch.
看好了


You're out.
你出界了


You're gone, Mr Warren.
你出局了 沃伦先生


Prodigious, Tom, prodigious.
太棒了 汤姆 太棒了


Thank you, Warren. On your way.
谢谢 沃伦 走好


Same again, Tom.
又是这样 汤姆


- Well done, Mr Warren. - Bad ball. It's a terrible wicket.
干得好 沃伦先生 打得不好 糟糕的一局


I hope you're not too disappointed, Miss Austen.
我希望你不会太失望 奥斯汀小姐


Four more to win, Wisley.
得跑四个来回才能赢 韦斯利


Who's next? Come on!
下一个谁? 快!


- She can't... - Jane!
她不行... 简!


What on earth are you going to do?
你要干什么?


- Irrepressible. - she can.
按耐不住了 她能行


Move in!
到位!


Go easy, Tom.
放松点 汤姆


Be gentle, Lefroy!
出手轻点 勒弗罗伊!


Run, Jane, run!
快跑 简 跑!


- Move! - Run!
跑! 快跑!


Only four more to win.
跑四个来回就赢了


Bowler's end! Move yourself, you lout!
投手这边 快跑 笨蛋!


One more! Quickly!
最后一个来回! 快!


Go, go, go!
快 快 快!


Not out.
没出界


Bad luck, Lefroy.
运气差了点 勒弗罗伊


See?
看到了吗


She was so good.
她玩的真不错


You

've played this game before?
以前玩过这游戏吧

No choice, you see. She was raised by brothers.

和三个兄弟一起长大 她别无选择


Time for a swim, I think.
该去游泳了


Well played, Henry.
玩的不错 亨利


I dedicate our victory to La Comtesse de Feuillide.
这都归功于德·芙伊德伯爵夫人


- Now, there's a decent bit of river over the hill. - Oh, yes?
听着 山后有条不错的河 是吗


Careful!
小心!


Come on, let's go!
快 走!


Wait!
等等!


Not this time, Lefroy.
这次你赢不了我 勒弗罗伊


You think not?
别做梦了


Down, boy.
走 小家伙


- Father, have you seen Tom? - No, Lucy, I've not.
爸爸 看到汤姆了吗 没有 露西 我没看到


Besotted. Natural enough at 15.
思春少女 15岁再正常不过了


Love and sense are enemies at any age.
爱情和理智在任何年龄都是矛盾的


- Mrs Lefroy, may I explore your library? - Of course.
勒弗罗伊太太 能用下您的藏书室吗 当然


Lucy would marry him tomorrow,
如果可以 露西明天就会嫁给他

and what a terrible husband he would make.

可他会是个糟糕的丈夫

I suppose you mean his reputation.

我想你说的是他的花名


Experience can recommend a man.
男人经验丰富也未尝不好


- Miss Austen. - Oh, Mr Lefroy.
奥斯汀小姐 勒弗罗伊先生


- And reading. - Yes.
你在看书? 是的


I've been looking through your book of the wood.
我在找你说的那本关于树林的书

Mr White's Natural History.

怀特先生的《自然史》


- Well, how do you like it? - I cannot get on. It is too disturbing.
觉得怎么样? 我看不了 太烦人了


- Disturbing? - Mmm.
烦人? 是的


Take this observation.
比方说这一段


"Swifts on a fine morning in May, flying this way, that way,
在一个五月的早上 雨燕到处飞来飞去


"sailing around at a great height perfectly happily. Then...
它们在天空欢快地飞翔 接着...


"Then one leaps onto the back of another, grasps tightly,
接着一只飞向一只 紧紧地抓在一起


"and forgetting to fly, they both sink down and down in a great, dying fall,
它们忘了继续飞 一起坠落 不断地坠落


"fathom after fathom, until the female utters..."
一点一点地 直到母雨燕发出...


Yes?
继续?


"...the female utters a loud, piercing cry
...直到母雨燕发出一声高亢 刺耳...


"of ecstasy."
...沉醉的叫声


Is this conduct commonplace in the natural history of Hampshire?
这种现象在汉普郡很常见吗


Your ignorance is understandable since you lack...
对于你的无知我可以理解 因为你缺乏...


What shall we call it?
该怎么说




The history?
那种经历?


Propriety commands me to ignorance.
礼数要求我无知


Condemns you to it
礼数使你陷入无知

and your writing to the status of female accomplishment.

你的写作 也只能限于一个女作家的成就


If you wish to practise the art of fiction,
如果你想在小说艺术上

to be the equal of a masculine author,

达到和男作家一样的成就


experience is vital.
经验非常重要


I see.
我明白


And what qualifies you to offer this advice?
那您又有什么资格给我提这个建议呢


I know more of the world.
我了解的更多


A great deal more, I gather.
我想是多得多吧


Enough to know that your horizons must be... widened
多得足以肯定你的视野必须...放宽


by an extraordinary young man.
一位卓越的年轻人提供的建议


By a very dangerous young man,
是一位非常危险的男士吧


one who has, no doubt, infected the hearts of many a young...
一个毫无疑问玷污了无数...


- Young woman with the soft corruption... - Read this
少女芳心的... 读读这个


and you will understand.
你就会明白的



(《汤姆·琼斯》亨利·菲尔丁)


"When the philosopher heard that the fortress of virtue had already been subdued,
"当哲学家听说 少女贞操的壁垒已被攻破


"he began to give a large scope to his desires.
"他的欲望开始膨胀


"His appetite was not of that squeamish kind which cannot feed on a dainty
"他胃口并不挑剔 只要是美食


- "because another..." - "Another has tasted it."
"哪怕有人..." "哪怕已有人尝过"


He's not tasting this dainty.
他也不会拒绝再品尝这道美食


What, dear?
什么 亲爱的?


"...nor had her face much appearance of beauty.
"...没有过人的容貌


"But her clothes being torn from all the upper part of her body..."
"但她的衣服从上半身被撕下..."


"...her breasts, which were well formed and extremely white,
"...她那发育成熟的雪白乳房


"attracted the eyes of her deliverer, and for a few moments they stood silent..."
"吸引着他的目光 有好一会儿他俩就这么站着..."


"...and gazing at each other."
"...注视着对方"


I have read your book.
我读了你推荐的书


- I have read your book and disapprove. - Of course you do.
我看了 但我不同意 你当然不会同意


But of what? The scenes? Characters? The prose?
但不同意什么? 场景? 人物? 还是文笔?


No, all good.
不 那都很好


- The morality? - Flawed.
是道德准则? 有缺陷


Well, of course, it is. But why?
没错 肯定是这个 但为什么?


Vice leads to difficulty, virtue to reward. Bad characters come to bad ends.
恶行带来苦难 美

德带来回报 坏人没有好下场


Exactly. But in life,
非常正确 但在现实生活中

bad characters often thrive. Take yourself.

坏人却能活得很长 比如你


And a novel must show how the world truly is,
小说必须展现世界的真实性


how characters genuinely think, how events actually occur.
人物真实的想法 以及故事发生的原貌


A novel should somehow reveal the true source of our actions.
一部小说必须能够揭示 我们一言一行的来源


What of my hero's feelings?
那主人公的情感呢


Well, it seems to me, sir, that your hero's very vigorous feelings
在我看来 先生 正是主人公强烈的情感


caused him and everyone connected with him a great deal of trouble.
给他以及和他有关的所有人 带来了麻烦


Ah, well, if the book has troubled you...
好吧 如果这本书给你带来了麻烦...


- Oh, but an orphan must know trouble. - What sort of trouble?
一个孤儿经历过麻烦 什么麻烦?


All sorts of trouble.
很多麻烦


Laverton Fair. Vastly entertaining. Monstrous good idea, Jane.
拉弗顿集会非常好玩 来这儿是个好主意 简


Yes, Miss Austen, not exactly your usual society, I'd say.
没错 奥斯汀小姐 你平时不会来这儿的


Show a little imagination, Mr Lefroy.
你可真没想象力 勒弗罗伊先生


Trouble here enough.
到此为止吧


And freedom, the freedom of men.
你得懂得自由 人类的自由


Do not you envy it?
你不嫉妒吗


But I have the intense pleasure of observing it so closely.
能这么近地观察这种自由 我倒是很高兴


Now, there's a fool, to go to it with a professional.
看 有个傻瓜在挑战职业高手


- You know about this, of course. - Of course.
你很了解这个 是吗 当然


Yes, a vastly fashionable pastime in London.
是啊 在伦敦是很流行的娱乐活动


Beating a man to a pulp. What are you doing?
快把人打成肉酱了 你要干什么?


Mr Lefroy, stop!
勒弗罗伊先生 别去!


Make way!
让一让!


- Stop! - Let us see how you fare against me, sir.
不要! 看看你怎么对付我 先生


Coming through.
借过


Five shillings on the gent. Who will take it?
五先令赌那位绅士赢 谁下赌注?

You, sir? That's the ticket.

你吗 先生? 下注吧


Have that.
吃我一拳


Thank you.
谢谢


Go on, hit him!
加油 揍他!


Come on, Lefroy, hit him, man!
加油 勒弗罗伊 揍他!


Tom, you must stop.
汤姆 你必须住手


Come on, Lefroy!
加油 勒弗罗伊!


Up, sir.
起来 先生!


Tom!
汤姆!


Lucy.
露西


- That's twice he's done that to me. - You spend money like water.
这得花我双倍的钱 你可真是挥金如土


I'm afraid it's damn l

ow water with me.
恐怕我的土不够多了


- I'm afraid I'm short, sir. - Take it.
很抱歉我没钱了 先生 拿去吧


How embarrassing.
真够难堪的


Mr Lefroy? Mr Lefroy? Mr Lefroy?
勒弗罗伊先生? 勒弗罗伊先生? 勒弗罗伊先生?


Was I deficient in propriety?
我很没教养是吗


Why did you do that?
为什么这么做?


Couldn't waste all those expensive boxing lessons.
不能白白浪费花在拳击课上的钱


Forgive me if I suspect in you a sense of justice.
我曾质疑过你的正义感 很抱歉


I am a lawyer. Justice plays no part in the law.
我是个律师 正义可不在法律之中


Is that what you believe?
这就是你所相信的?


I believe it. I must.
我相信 必须相信


I beg your leave.
我先告辞


- Her heart is stirred. - It's a summer squall.
她动心了 一场夏天的暴风雨


Mr Lefroy will soon be gone.
勒弗罗伊先生很快就要走


And Mr Wisley will still be waiting, I hope.
希望韦斯利先生还会继续等


- The man's a booby. - Oh, he will grow out of that.
那人是个傻子 他会有所改变的


And she could fix him with very little trouble.
这对简来说很容易


You could persuade her.
你能说服她


To sacrifice her happiness?
牺牲她的幸福?


Jane should have not the man who offers the best price, but the man she wants.
不是谁出的价高就嫁给谁 简有权选择喜欢的人


Oh, Mr Austen.
奥斯汀先生!


Must we have this conversation day in and day out?
我们就天天这么吵吗


We'll end up in the gutter if we carry on like this.
再这么下去我们非得穷死


Jenny! Mr Austen!
珍妮! 奥斯汀先生!


Where are you?
你在哪儿?


So kind of you to return the call.
您能回访真是太客气了


- Will you take a dish of tea, ma'am? - Green tea?
喝杯茶么 夫人? 绿茶吗


- Brown, Your Ladyship. - Then no.
红茶 尊贵的夫人 那算了


Where is your youngest daughter?
你的小女儿呢


She's visiting the poor, ma'am.
她去探访穷人了 夫人


Jane? Jane!
简? 简!


At last. Lady Gresham and Mr Wisley have come to call.
终于回来了 格雷欣夫人和韦斯利先生来拜访了

Where have you been?

你去哪儿了?


Ma'am. Sir.
夫人 先生


Well, perhaps... Perhaps the young people would like to take a walk?
也许... 你们年轻人想去散散步?


I see there's a pretty little wilderness at the side of the house.
我看到屋子那头风景不错


Excuse me.
不好意思


Jane?
简?


- What is she doing? - Writing.
她在干什么? 写作


Can anything be done about it?
你们不管吗


Miss Austen, you may know
奥斯汀小姐 你知道


that I

have known you
自从到这里


for some considerable time during my visits to Steventon.
认识你已经有段时间了


The garden is so affecting in this season.
这个时节园子真是风景宜人啊


Indeed.
是的


- The impression you have given me has always... - The flowers particularly.
你给我的印象一直是... 尤其是花朵


What I'm trying to say is that I...
我想说的是我...


I have a respectable property of 2,000 a year
我一年能赚2000英镑


in addition to even greater expectations as Lady Gresham's heir,
还不包括作为格雷欣夫人继承人的所得


- to which it may be indelicate to refer. - Oh, indelicate, yes.
虽然提到这个很冒昧 是的 很冒昧


It's yours. If we marry, all of it, yours.
都是你的 如果你嫁给我 这些全部是你的


Mr Wisley...
韦斯利先生...


Your offer is most sincere, I can see, and gentlemanlike,
你的请求很真诚 也很有绅士风度

and it honours me, truly.

我深感荣幸 真的


But for all you are, and all you offer, I...
但对于你的请求 我...


Yes.
是的


Sometimes affection is a shy flower that takes time to blossom.
有时候爱情像朵含羞的花 需要时间去绽放


Lying to tradesmen, mending, scratching, scraping.
拒绝了一个有钱人 整天缝缝补补 省来省去


Endlessly, endlessly making do!
没完没了 无休止的家务活!


I understand that our circumstances are difficult, ma'am.
我知道我们的处境很困难 夫人


- There is no money for you. - Surely something could be done.
我们没钱给你 肯定会有办法的


What we can put by must go to your brothers.
我们的积蓄只会给你的哥哥们

You will have nothing, unless you marry.

你除了嫁人什么都得不到

Well, then, I will have nothing.

好吧 就算我什么都得不到


For I will not marry without affection, like my mother!
我不想 像我妈妈一样嫁给一个不爱的人

And now I have to dig my own damn potatoes!

现在我得挖这该死的土豆了!


Would you rather be a poor old maid?
你真的想做一个老处女吗


Ridiculous, despised, the butt of jokes?
遭人嘲讽 被人看不起?

The legitimate sport of any village lout with a stone and an impudent tongue?

成为别人茶余饭后的笑料吗


Affection is desirable.
爱情令人向往


Money is absolutely indispensable.
可金钱 是必不可少的


I could live by my...
我可以养活自己 靠我的...


Your what?
你的什么?


- I could live by my... - Pen?
靠我的... 笔?


Let's knock that notion on the head once and for all.
你还是快点打消这个念头吧


What's this?
怎么了?


Trouble amongst my women?
我的女士们吵架了吗


Come,



take

hands and there's an end.
握个手 该结束了


- Where are you going? Miss! - To feed the pigs, ma'am.
你要去哪儿? 小姐! 喂猪 夫人


He could give you a splendid home.
他可以给你一个宽裕的家


- A comfortable life. - Father.
舒适的生活 父亲


Consider.
考虑一下


This is likely to be your best offer.
这可能是你最好的机遇


Wisley?
韦斯利?


It is true, so far he has not impressed...
这是事实 虽然他还没给你留下...


- A booby. - He should grow out of that.
一个呆子 他会改变的


Nothing destroys spirit
没什么能毁灭你的灵魂


like poverty.
包括贫穷


I saw Queen Marie Antoinette wear something the same at a ball once.
以前在一次舞会上 看到皇后也是这么穿的


Am I making a show? I am, I know.
我在炫耀吗 是的 我知道


What trouble we take to make them
当我们喜欢他们时
like us when we like them.

要让他们喜欢我们是多么麻烦



Henry?
你是说亨利?


- Eliza, my brother is much younger than you. - And poorer.
伊丽莎 我哥哥比你小很多 也更穷


He knows that I care for him sincerely.
他知道我关心他是真心诚意的


I know that he is handsome...
他很英俊...


And the handsome young men must have something to live on as well as the plain.
英俊的男人也得靠钱过活啊


You encourage him to take you for money?
你是在鼓励他为了钱和你在一起?


- Men do. - That does not make it honourable.
男人都这样 这并不是什么引以为荣的事


Well, I'm a sensible woman.
我是个理智的女人


I thank God I am not, by your description.
感谢老天我不是 照你的说法


If you were, you might have ascertained
如果你是的话 就该明白

that your Irish friend has no money, not a penny

你那爱尔兰朋友身无分文

and could not be expected to marry without it.

也没法结婚


Consider that at the ball tonight.
晚上舞会时好好想想


In any event, he'll be gone tomorrow
不管怎样 他明天就要回去了

back to Bond Street where he can do no more harm.

也就不会再伤谁的心了


Good evening, Miss Austen.
晚上好 奥斯汀小姐


Yes, yes.
是的 是的


Miss Jane Austen.
这是简·奥斯汀小姐


Pleasure.
幸会


We're very honoured to be here at your aunt's ball.
能参加你阿姨的舞会我们深感荣幸


You dance with passion.
你跳舞富有激情


No sensible woman would demonstrate passion
理智的女人不会表现激情

if the purpose were to attract a husband.

除非是为了吸引未来的丈夫


As opposed to a lover?
而拒绝一个情人?


Rest easy, Mr Lefroy.
放松点 勒弗罗伊先生


- I have no e

xpectation on either account. - I did not mean to offend or hurt...
我从没那么想过 我无意冒犯...


Oh, no, no, of course not. Excuse me, I'm just over warm.
不 不 当然没有 我失陪一下


Pardon me.
失陪


- Ah, Miss Austen. - Excuse me.
奥斯汀小姐 失陪


This is unbearable. My father is pressing for an early ordination,
实在无法忍受 我父亲急于要我尽早做神职


while my own inclination is to the scarlet of a captaincy in His Majesty's regulars.
可我个人的意愿是当上 女王军队的上尉


But I do not have the money to purchase one.
可我没钱买官


I do.
我有


Well, that, of course is impossible.
那怎么可以


Oh, Henry, do not disguise yourself, not to me.
亨利 别在我面前掩饰自己 不该是我


The scarlet will suit you very well.
上尉制服很适合你


Miss Austen? There you are.
奥斯汀小姐? 你在这儿


Miss Austen, I cannot believe I am obliged to have this conversation.
奥斯汀小姐 真不敢相信 我会这么找你谈话


Your Ladyship?
夫人?


Mr Wisley's mother, my own dear sister, died young.
韦斯利的母亲 也就是我的妹妹死的早


I have no children of my own.
我本人没有孩子


I hope you never come to understand the pain of that condition.
我希望你不会切身体会那种痛苦


Let us simply say my nephew's wishes are close to my heart,
简单地说吧 我侄子的心愿 是我最关心的


however extraordinary they may be.
不管什么愿望


your health seems robust.
你身体不错


You have the usual accomplishments.
又有些才华


Your person is agreeable.
人也还行


But when a young woman such as yourself
但是 像你这样的年轻女子

receives the addresses from a gentleman such as my nephew,

有幸收到我侄子这种绅士的求婚

it is her duty to accept at once.

就有义务马上接受


But what do we find?
但我们得到了什么?


- Independent thought? - Exactly.
我独立的见解? 正是


My nephew, Miss Austen, condescends far indeed
我的侄子 奥斯汀小姐


in offering to the daughter of an obscure and impecunious clergyman.
卑躬屈膝向一个卑微贫穷的 牧师的女儿求婚


Impecunious? Your Ladyship is mistaken.
贫穷? 夫人你一定搞错了


I am never mistaken.
我从来不会错


Your father is in grave financial difficulties.
你父亲正陷于严重的经济困难中


But all is not lost.
但还不至于家徒四壁


He has a daughter upon whom fortune has smiled.
他还有个女儿 万贯家财在向她招手


Mr Wisley is a good opportunity for Jane.
对简来说 韦斯利先生是个好机会


She should accept him at once.
她应该立即接受他


Do not you think?
你们不这么

认为吗


- Lucy, let us take some refreshments. - What? Mother.
露西 我们去吃点什么 怎么了? 妈妈


I have learned of Mr Wisley's marriage proposal.
我听说韦斯利先生向你求婚了


My congratulations.
恭喜


Is there an alternative
对于一个受过良好教育而又没多少钱的

for a well-educated young woman of small fortune?

女孩来说还有选择的余地吗


How can you have him?
你怎么能接受他?


Even with his thousands and his houses,
就算他有千万家产


how can you, of all people, dispose of yourself without affection?
你怎么能像很多人那样 和一个不爱的人结婚?


How can I dispose of myself with it?
爱了又能怎么样?


You are leaving tomorrow.
你明天就要走了


- Did I do that well? - Very, very well.
我做得好吗 好 很好


I wanted, just once, to do it well.
我想做好 就算一次


I have no money, no property,
我没有钱 没有房


I am entirely dependent upon that bizarre old lunatic, my uncle.
就靠我那个古怪的疯子舅舅


I cannot yet offer marriage. But you must know what I feel.
我没资格向你求婚 但我要你知道我的感受


Jane, I'm yours.
简 我是你的


Gah, I'm yours. I'm yours, heart and soul.
天呢 我是你的 是你的 全心全意


Much good that is.
这还不够


Let me decide that.
让我来决定


What will we do?
我们怎么办?


What we must.
做我们必须做的


"My dearest Cassandra, my heart has wings.
"我最亲爱的卡珊德拉 我心潮澎湃...


"Doubts and deliberations are ended.
"我已不再疑惑


"Soon I shall escape the attentions of that great lady
"很快我将逃离那位伟大夫人

and her scintillating nephew.

和他圣人侄子的魔爪


"Eliza, Henry and I will join you at the coast,
"伊丽莎 亨利和我会来你那里


"but we are obliged to break our journey in London.
"不过中途我们得在伦敦停留


"Tom has cleverly secured an invitation to stay with his uncle, the judge.
"汤姆已想办法让我们可以和他的法官舅舅相见


"Let us hope we can convince him of my eligibility.
"希望他会同意我们俩的事


"Please destroy this disgraceful letter
"我知道你一定很惊讶


"the moment you have recovered from your astonishment.
"但你要为我保守秘密


"Yours affectionately, and in haste, Jane."
"你挚爱的匆忙的简"


Tom! Our guests have arrived.
汤姆! 客人们到了


Decorum.
注意礼貌


Countess.
伯爵夫人


Sir.
先生


- Welcome... - Madame le Comtesse.
欢迎... 勒·冈德斯伯爵夫人


Madame le Comtesse. Seldom, too seldom,
勒·冈德斯伯爵夫人 像您这样的贵客

my house receives the presence of nobility.

光临寒舍真是

太荣幸了


And, of course, its friends. Please.
当然还有您的朋友 这边请


Your stay is short. There's not a moment to lose.
您时间有限 一刻都不能浪费


My nephew has devised a plan of metropolitan amusement.
我侄子已经给你们想好了 一系列的娱乐活动


Pleasure is, as you would say, Madame, his forte.
这个 您一定会说 是他的拿手好戏


Ah, is it?
是吗


Which battle was it, Tom?
那是哪场战争 汤姆?


Villers-en-Cauchies.
维勒斯-考其斯战役


Very good. Thousands slain. Served those Frenchies out.
很好 上万人被杀 好好招待了那些法国人


Oh. Saving your presence, ma'am.
请原谅我没注意到您 夫人


Be not afraid of abusing the Jacobins on my account, Judge.
在我面前不必顾虑 教训那些雅各宾党人 法官


They guillotined my husband.
他们把我丈夫送上了断头台

Oh, savages. Beasts.

野蛮 禽兽不如


- And his property? - Confiscated.
他的财产呢 没收了


A disaster.
真不幸


Of course, by then, much of my wealth
还好 那时候我的大部分财富

was portable, so...

都是可以随身带的 所以...


Yes, portable property is happiness in a pocketbook.
是啊 就像快乐可以 装在笔记本里便于携带


Do I detect you in irony?
我是不是感觉到一丝讽刺了?


It is my considered opinion that irony is insult with a smiling face.
我个人的看法是 讽刺即带着笑脸侮辱


Indeed.
确实如此


No.



No?
不?


No, irony is the bringing together of contradictory truths
不是的 讽刺是把 相互矛盾的事实放到一起


to make out of the contradiction a new truth with a laugh or a smile,
创造出一个新的事实 因而引人发笑


and I confess that a truth must come with one or the other,
当然我承认事实总是非此即彼


or I account it as false and a denial of the very nature of humanity itself.
不然就是对人性的否认


My cousin is a writer.
我表妹是个作家


- Of what? - Jane?
写什么的? 简?


Novels.
小说


A young woman of family?
一个出身门第的女子也写小说?


Yes, uncle, and tomorrow we go
是的 舅舅 明天得去拜访

and visit another, Mrs Radcliffe.

另一位女作家 拉德克利弗夫人


She keeps herself to herself, almost a recluse,
她本人生活很低调 像个隐居者

but I know her husband through the law.

不过我和她丈夫有工作上的来往

- Who? - The authoress, Mrs Radcliffe.

谁? 女作家拉德克利弗夫人


- As writing is her profession. - Her what?
写作是她的职业 什么?


£500, uncle, for the last novel,
她的上一部小说赚了500英镑 舅舅

The Mysteries of Udolpho.

就是《尤多福的

奥秘》

- And £800, I believe, for her next. - The Italian.

我估计下一部能赚800英镑 《意大利人》


Above £1,000?
都超过1000英镑了?


The times, the times.
时代变了 时代变了


You live so quietly.
您的生活很平静


And yet your novels are filled with romance, danger, terror.
但您的小说充满浪漫 危险和恐惧


Everything my life is not.
这与我的生活截然不同


Apparently.
很明显


Of what do you wish to write?
你想写什么?


Of the heart.
人的内心


Do you know it?
你了解吗


Not all of it.
不全懂


In time, you will.
总会懂的


But even if that fails, that's what the imagination is for.
即使不会也可以去想象


Your imagination has brought you independence.
您的想像力使您能独立


At a cost to myself and to my husband.
我和我的丈夫为此付出了代价


Poor William.
可怜的威廉


To have a wife who has a mind is considered not quite proper.
有了个思想不太正常的妻子


To have a wife with a literary reputation nothing short of scandalous.
一个在文学上有名声的妻子 近乎于丢脸


But it must be possible?
但一定有可能...


- To live as both wife and author? - Oh.
同时做一个妻子和作家?


I think so.
我想是的


Though never easy.
但那可不容易


Could I really have this?
我真的能够得到吗


What, precisely?
得到什么?


You.



Me, how?
我 怎么样?


- This life with you. - Yes.
和你相伴一生 是的


Lefroy.
勒弗罗伊


- Hush. The judge. - The man's like a rampant dog.
小声点 我舅舅 这家伙像条受惊的狗


He will be generous. I'm sure of it.
他会答应的 我确信


- You'll speak with him? - Tomorrow, I promise.
你会跟他说吗 就明天 我答应你


I really must say good night.
得说晚安了


- Good night. - Good night.
晚安 晚安


- Miss Austen? - Yes?
奥斯汀小姐? 什么?


Good night.
晚安


You know, I think my mother is right. A husband, and the sooner, the better.
看来我妈是对的 她需要丈夫 越快越好


Five girls of little fortune.
五个家境普通的女孩


"...sensibly and as warmly as a man violently in love can be supposed to do.
"...敏感 和男人一样陷入热恋


"Mr Wickham was the happy man towards
"韦翰先生是当天最得意的男子

whom almost every female eye was turned.

差不多每个女人的眼睛都朝他看


"...partial, prejudiced, absurd.
"...袒护 偏见 不近情理


"Watch for the first appearance of Pemberley Woods.
"彭伯里的树林一出现在眼前


"The happiness which this reply produced...
"这个回答给他的快乐...


"It w

ill not do. My feelings will not be repressed."
"不会的 我的感情不会被压抑"


- Good morning, sir. - Good morning?
早上好 先生 早上好?


Has the world turned topsy? Sir?
太阳从西边出来了? 先生?


I trust the countess is enjoying her visit?
我相信伯爵夫人正玩得很开心


- I gather she is, sir. I... - Fine woman, very fine woman.
我想是的 我... 有修养的女士 很有修养


Indeed.
确实如此


- I'd hoped to discuss a certain matter. - Your allowance is beyond negotiation.
我想和您谈件事 想加津贴免谈


Now that you have had the opportunity to become acquainted with Miss Austen yourself,
您已经见过了奥斯汀小姐


I am sure you will find, as I do, that she is a remarkable young woman.
我肯定您和我一样 觉得她是一个非凡的女孩


- This is an outrage! - Lf you will allow me to speak, sir.
太令人愤怒了! 如果您能听我说完 先生


There is no need. This letter makes it absolutely clear.
没有必要 这封信说的很清楚了


Letter?
信?


Now I know what you were at down in Hampshire.
我终于知道 你在汉普郡都干了些什么


- It is from Steventon. - Is it true
从史蒂文顿来的信?


that you have practiced upon me with this chit?
你还拿一个女孩来骗我?


I wished you to know the young lady.
我希望你能了解一下这个女孩


I wished to introduce her to your affections discreetly.
我想慢慢地向您介绍她


Aye! Blind me with the rich widow
很好! 先拿一个有钱的寡妇来忽悠我

and then insinuate that penniless little husband-hunter!

然后就是这么一个到处寻找有钱人的拜金女

- Moderation, sir, I beg you! - That ironical little authoress.

请注意您的言辞 先生! 一个可笑的女作家


I wished you to know her for yourself.
我希望你能亲自了解她


I was certain her merit would speak for her.
我肯定你会对她有所改观的


Consider, sir, my happiness is in your hands.
考虑一下 先生 我的幸福掌握在您的手中

Happiness?

幸福?


Damn it, nephew,
算了吧 侄子


I had rather you were a whore-mongering blackguard with a chance of reform
我宁愿你整天和妓女鬼混 至少也还有的救


than a love-sick whelp sunk in a bad marriage.
总比因为婚姻失败而 愁苦不堪强得多


My uncle has refused to give his consent.
我舅舅没有同意


- The letter has done its work. - Who sent it?
因为一封信的缘故 谁送的?


Lady Gresham?
是格雷欣夫人?


Or her nephew.
或者她侄子


They think that they can do what they like with us, but I will not accept this.
他们觉得可以为所欲为 我不会接受的


We have no choice.
我们别无

相关文档
最新文档