有趣的英语表达
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
If you snooze, you lose.
如果你不注意,就错过良机了。
Give me back my toy, or I will tell Dad on you.
把玩具还给我,不然我去向爸爸告你的状。
Keep your shirt on. He didn't mean to offend you. That's just the way he talks.
别发脾气。那只是他说话的惯常方式,他并非有意要冒犯你。
The seat is saved.这个座有人占了。这句话的意思是“座位已经有人了”,同义句是"The seat is taken."
Since the seat is not saved, I can take a seat beside you then.
既然这里没人坐,那么我就坐在你旁边了
-May I sit here?
我可以坐这里吗?
-Sorry, the seat is saved.
对不起,已经有人了。
Hey, man, Let's get something straight.
嘿,兄弟,让我们直率一点
First of all, let me get something straight.This is a journal, not a diary.
首先,我要说明一下,这是一本日志,不是日记。
She told me she loved me but I don't buy it.
她说她爱我,但我不信。
You have won the scholarship? I don't buy it.
你得了奖学金?我才不相信你的鬼话呢。
She is totally buying it.
她完全相信。
I don’t have a voice in the group.
我在小组内没有发言权。
People must have a voice.
人民必须有发言权。
No place else like Great Wall in the world.
长城是世上独一无二的。
-You are telling me!
-那还用说
这里说的You're telling me!可不是“你告诉我”的意思,而是“我早就知道啦!”当别人和你说一件你很清楚的事情的时候,你就可以这么说哦!
-Brush your teeth after meals is good for your teeth.
餐后刷牙对牙齿有益。
-You are telling me! I do it all the time.
早知道啦,我一直都是这么做的。
You are the apple of my eye 译为《-那些年,我们一起追过的女孩》
I didn't tell Sam. I think it's Lily who let the cat out of the bag
我没有,是莉莉说露了嘴。
These tablets are available over the counter.这些药品不用处方就可以买到。" Many drugs for common ailments such as colds and fevers are available over the counter.
很多普通小病诸如感冒发烧的药都不需大夫处方,随处可买。
Is aspirin available over the counter?
阿司匹林不用处方就能买吗?
It does ring a bell with me.
我的确有点印象。
-Do you know that Jack was arrested?
你知道Jack被逮捕了吗?
-It does ring a bell.
确实有点印象。
I’m terribly sorry to break in on you like this.
这样打扰你们,我真过意不去。
You can say that something is“right up your alley ”if it is perfectly suited to you When you think that something is totally impossible, you can say that it is out of the question.
Don't jump the gun because they usually start distributing paychecks on the 15th.
不要太早去,因为他们通常十五号才开始发薪水。
Hey! Don't jump the gun. What's up?
喂,不要太早生气,到底发生了什么事?
说“我明天没空/明天我有很多事要去做。”该这么表达:“I am busy tomorrow.”或者说“I am tied up all day tomorrow.”
You don't want to join the club? Oh well, suit yourself. 你不愿意参加俱乐部是吗?那好,随你的便吧。
I don’t care .
我不在乎。
I don’t care what she thinks/
我才不管她怎么想呢。
朋友邀你看电影或共进晚餐,偏你有事不能赴约,这时就可用婉谢的口吻告诉他:“May I take a rain check (改天可以吗)?”或者直接说“Rain check
我问他:“Will you be available on Saturday or Sunday?”他回答我:“Scratch the Saturday thing. I'll be available only on Sunday evening. (星期六我不行,我只有星