燕山大学翻译技巧与实践整理版翻译资料
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
第一单元翻译概论
1翻译就是接受语言复制出与原语信息最接近的自然等值体---首先是就意义而言,其次是就风格而言.
Translating consists in reproducing in the receptor language the closest natural equivalent of the source language message, first in terms of meaning, and secondly in terms of style.
2按翻译技巧来分: 直译、意译、音译
Literal translation does not mean word-for-word translation. Superficially speaking, it means “not to alter the original words and sentences”, strictly speaking, it strives “to keep the sentiments and style of the original”.
例如:paper tiger—纸老虎
Free translation is an alternative approach generally used to convey the meaning and spirit of the original without trying to copy its sentence patterns of figures of speech.
例如:Adam’s apple—喉结;at sixes and sevens—乱七八糟
It rains cats and dogs—大雨滂沱
3按翻译原则方向来分: 异化翻译(Foreignization)和归化翻译(Domestication )
归化的例子:
as timid as a hare 胆小如鼠
at a stone’s throw 一箭之遥
wet like a drown rat 湿如落汤鸡
as stupid as a goose 蠢得像猪
5 傅雷:1951年在《高老头 重译本序》中提出“以效果而论,翻译应当像临画一样,所求的不在形似而在神似。”
6. 钱钟书:1964年在《林纾的翻译》一文中提到“文学翻译的最高理想可以说是“化”,把作品从一国文字转变成另一国文字,既能不因语文习惯的差异而露出生硬牵强的痕迹,又能完全保存原作的风味,那就算得入与“化境”。
7 But I hated Sakamoto, and I had a feeling he’d surely lead us both to our ancestors.
但是我恨坂田,并预感到他肯定会领着咱们去见祖先。
8 Don’t cross the br idge till you get to it.
不必担心太早。(不必自寻烦恼)
9 Do you see any green in my eyes?
你以为我是好欺骗的吗?
10 Ruth was upsetting the other children, so I showed her the door.
鲁斯一直在扰乱别的孩子,我就把他撵了出去。
第二单元英汉对比
1汉语和英语的对比研究,始于100年多前《马氏文通》,这是我国第一部汉语语法书,是在比较和模仿拉丁文法的基础上写成的。
2中国传统哲学主张“天人合一”、“万物与我为一”,反映在语言上就是施事主体可以蕴含在行为事件的主观表现中。
3因此在句子构造中,汉语并不把主语看成必要的成分。正如王力所说:“就句子结构而论,西洋语言是法治的,中国语言是人治的。法治的不管主语用得着用不着,总要呆板地求句子形式的一律,人治的用得着就用,用不着就不用,只要能使人听懂说话人的意思,就算了。”
4正因为汉语缺乏主语,语言学家从语言类型学的角度出发,认为汉语是主题显著(topic-prominent)的语言。
5 A dialect is known by every linguist in this room.
一种方言被这间屋子里的每一个语言学家所懂得。
有一种方言这间屋子里的每一个语言学家都懂得。
6.I would not believe what he said.
他的话,我可不信。
7.I did not remember a single point discussed at the meeting.
会上讲了什么,我一点没记住。
8 I know Mr. Wang.
王先生我认识。
9. He is the best singer.
唱歌,他是最棒的。
11. Even if the monk can run away, his temple cannot run with him.
跑得了和尚,跑不了庙。
12. Even if I were to be beaten to death, I will not tell.
打死我也不说。
13. Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.
谦虚使人进步,骄傲使人落后。
14. If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
冬天来了,春天还会远吗?
15. We will not attack unless we are attacked.
人不犯我,我不犯人。
16. As the weather was fine, we decided to climb the mountain.
(由于)天气很好,我们决定去爬山。
17. My sister was expecting me, so I had to go now.
我妹妹在等我,我得走了。
18. A body in motion remains in motion at a constant speed in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force.
没有外力的作用,运动的物体就连续做匀速直线运动。
19 We knew spring was coming as we had seen a robin.
我们看见了一只知更鸟,知道春天快要到了。
20西文句中名物字,多随举随释,如中文之旁支,后乃遥接前文,足意成句。”(严复)英语句子“多随举随释”,枝杈蔓生,呈树状结构,分叉处有介词,关系代词连接。而汉语按时间顺序或逻辑顺序逐层展开,节节延伸,犹如竹子。
21 The boy, who was crying as if his heart would break, said, when I spoke to him, that he was very hungray because he had had no food for two days.
男孩哭得心都快碎了,当我问及他时,他说饿极了,有两天没吃了。
22.The moon is so far from the earth that even if huge trees were growing on the mountains and elepants were walking about, we could not see them through the most powerful telescopes which have been invented.
月球离地球非常遥远,即使那边山上长着大树,有大象在跑来跑去,我们用已经发明的最高倍率的望远镜也不能看到它们。
23. Upon his death in 1826, Jefferson was buried under a stone which described him as he had wished to be remembered as the author of the Declaration of Independence and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom and the father of the University of Virginia.
1826年杰斐逊逝世。按他生前遗愿,在他墓地的石碑上刻着:独立宣言和弗吉尼亚州信教自由法令的作者,弗吉尼亚大学创建人之墓。
24 由此可见,英语是“静态”的语言,而汉语则是“动态”的语言。“英语的静态修辞实质是名词优势和介词优势,而介词优势又是名词优势的必然结果。因为名词与名词之间要借助介词来联结。” 因此,在英译汉时常常要变“静”为“动”,摆脱名词化的框架和大量介词的干扰,突出原文的动态色彩。