新概念英语青少版第四册:第81课 A few tips about tips

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

新概念英语青少版第四册:第81课 A few tips

about tips

Lesson 81 A few tips about tips

第81课关于付小费的一些告诫

The Clarks usually have dinner at 7 o'clock.

克拉克一家通常在7:00吃晚饭.

One day it was 7:15,but they hadn't begun their dinner.

有一天都已经7:15了,他们还没开饭.

They were expecting Gretel to arrive,but she hadn't appeared yet.

他们在等格莱托,不过她还没回来.

I can't understand it,Mrs Clark said.Gretel is usually very punctual.

我不理解,克拉克太太说,格莱托通常是很准时的.

Just as she said that the door opened and Gretel appeared.

正说着门开了,格莱托来了.

She looked very upset.

她看上去很不高兴.

I'm sorry I'm late,she said.

对不起,我迟到了,她说,

I had to take a taxi to get here but we got stuck in a traffic-jam.

我只好叫了辆出租车回来,不过交通阻塞把我们给卡住了.

What's the matter,Gretel?Mr Clark asked

格莱托,怎么了?克拉克先生问,

You look upset.I am,"Gretel replied.

你看上去不高兴.是的,格莱托答道,

I gave the taxi-driver a tip,but he didn't look at all pleased.

我给司机小费,但他看上去一点儿也不高兴.

I think he expected me to give him more."

我想他是希望我多给他些."

How much did you give him?Mr Clark asked.

你给他多少?克拉克先生问.

5 pence,Gretel said.The fare was 50 pence.

5便士,格菜托说,车费是50便士.

No wonder he was rude!Mr Clark said.

难怪他这么无礼了,克拉克先生说,

Taxi-drivers expect you to give them at least 15 percent.

出租车司机希望你给他至少15%的小费.

Remember that in England we always tip taxi-drivers barbers and hair-dressers.

记住在英国我们付小费给出租车司机、理发师,

We don't tip the usherette in a cinema.

不付小费给影院的领座员

And we don't usually tip in restaurants and hotels 在饭店和旅馆我们一般就不付小费了,

when a service charge is included in the bill.

如果服务费已包括在帐单里.

Next time you take a taxi.

下次你再乘出租车时.

Thanks for the tip,Mr Clark,Gretel laughed,

克拉克先生,谢谢您的告诫,格莱托笑着说,

but I hope there won't be a next time.

不过我希望没有下一次.

It's an expensive business!

乘出租车可不便宜.

相关文档
最新文档