幸福课_ 哈佛公开课_中英文对照 第一课 校对版
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
第一课
Hi, good morning. It’s wonderful to be back here.
各位,早上好。很高兴能回到这里。
Wonderful to see you here.
高兴见到你们。
I am teaching this class because I wish a class like this had been taught when I was sitting in your seat as an undergraduate here.
我教授这门课是因为在我读本科阶段时非常希望能学习这样一门课程。
This does not mean it is a class you wish to be taught nor does it mean that it is the right class for you.
可能这门课并不是你希望的那样也可能并不适合你。
But I hope to doing the next couple of lectures is giving you an idea what this class is about so that you can decide whether or not it is for you.
但希望几堂课后,你能有个大概印象让你决定这门课程是否适合你。
I came here in 1992 and studied the computer science and concentrator.
我1992年来到哈佛求学,一开始主修计算机科学。
And when I had I mini epiphany half way through my sophomore year.
大二期间,突然顿悟了。
I realized that I was in a wonderful place with wonderful students around me, wonderful teachers.
我意识到我身处让人神往大学校园周围都是出色的同学,优秀的导师。
I was doing well academically. I was doing well in athletics. I was playing squash at that time. I was doing well socially.
我成绩优异。擅长体育运动。那时壁垒打的不错。社交也游刃有余。
Everything was going well except for the fact that I was unhappy. And I didn’t understand why.
一切都很顺利除了一点我不快乐。而且我不明白为什么。
It was then in a matter of moments that I decided that I had to find out why and become happier.
也就是在那时我决定要找出原因变得快乐。
And that was when I switched my concentration from computer science to philosophy and psychology.
于是我将研究方向从计算机科学转向了哲学及心理学。
With a single question: How can I become happier.
目标只有一个:怎么让自己开心起来。
Overtime I did become happier what contributed most to my happiness was when I encountered a new emerging field that time didn’t have the name that it has today.
渐渐的,我的确变得更快乐了主要是因为我接触了一个新的领域,那时并未正式命名。
But essentially research that falls under or within the field of positive psychology.
但本质上属于积极心理学范畴。
Positive psychology, studying it and applying the ideas to my life has made me significantly happier .
研究积极心理学把其理念应用到生活中让我无比快乐。
It continues to make me happier.
而且这种快乐继续着。
And it was when I realized the impact that it had on me that I decided to share it with others.
于是我决定将其与更多的人分享。
That’s when I decided that I wanted to be a teacher and teach in this field.
选择教授这门学科。
So this is positive psychology, psychology 1504.
这就是积极心理学,1504号心理学课程。
And we’ll be exploring this new, relatively new and fascinating field.
我们将一起探索这一全新相对新兴令人倾倒的领域。
And hopefully, we will be exploring more than the field ourselves.
希望同时还能探索我们自己。
When I first taught this class that was back in 2002.
我第一次开设这门课程是在2002年。
I taught it at a seminar and had eight students. Two dropped out that left me with six. The year after, the class became slightly larger. I had over three hundred students.
是以讨论会的形式,只有8名学生。两名退出了只剩我和其他六个人。一年后学生稍微多了点。有300多人参加。And then third year when I taught it which was the last time.
到了第三年,也就是上一次开课。
I had 850 students in the class, making it at that point the largest course at Harvard .
有850名参加是当时哈佛大学人数最多的课程。
And that’s when the media became interested. Because they wanted to understand why.
这引起了媒体的注意。因为他们想知道为什么。
They wa nted to understand this phenomenon that here you have a class that’s larger than Introduction to Economics. How could that be?
他们对这一奇特现象非常好奇竟然有比经济学导论更热门的课程。怎么可能呢?
So I was invited by the media for interviews whether it was newspapers, radio, television.
于是我被请去参加各类媒体采访,报纸,广播,电视。
And I started to notice a pattern during those interviews.
在这些采访中,我发现了一种有趣的模式。
So I would walk into the interview. We would have the interview.
我前去参加采访。进行采访。
And afterwards, the producer or the interviewer would walk me out. And say something to the effects of well, thank you Tal for the interview.
结束后,制片人或主持人会送我出来。说些诸如Tal多谢你抽空参加采访。
But you know I expected you to be different.
不过你跟我想象的不太一样的话。
And I would ask, as nonchalant as I could of course.
我漫不经心的问。
I didn’t really care but had to ask anyway “How different”.
我无所谓,不过总得回应“有何不同?”
And they would say: Well, you know, we expected you to be more outgoing”.