英国首相卡梅伦演讲稿

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

英国首相卡梅伦辞职演讲(中英对照)
Good morning, everyone!
大家早上好!
The country has just taken part in a giant democratic exercise,
这个国家刚刚经历了一项巨大的民主事件,
perhaps the biggest in our history.
可能也是我国历史上最大的历史事件。

Over 33 million people from England,
超过3300万来自英格兰、苏格兰、威尔士、北爱尔兰、直布罗陀的人民
Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar have all had their say.
都表达了自己的意见。

We should be proud of the fact that in these islands
我们应该感到自豪,在这些岛屿上,
we trust the people for these big decisions.
我们能将重要的决定交给人民。

We not only have a parliamentary democracy,
我们不只有议会民主,
but on questions about the arrangements for how we've governed
在面对管理国家这样重要的问题时,
there are times when it is right to ask the people themselves
我们也会直接征询人民的意见,
and that is what we have done.
这也正是我们刚刚所做的。

The British people have voted to leave the European Union
英国人民刚刚投票选择了脱欧,
and their will must be respected.
我们将尊重人民的意愿。

I want to thank everyone who took part in the campaign on my side of the argument,
我想感谢在这项活动中与我(留欧派)站在同一阵线的每一个人,including all those who put aside party differences
包括所有搁置党派分歧,
to speak in what they believe was the national interest
为自己所坚信的国家利益而奔走呼告的人。

and let me congratulate all those who took part in the Leave campaign
我也祝贺所有支持脱欧的人士,
for the spirited and passionate case that they made.
他们做了一件勇敢又富有激情的事。

The will of the British people is an instruction that must be delivered.
在这次公投中,胜利者的意志必须得以遵从。

It was not a decision that was taken lightly,
这不是一个草率的决定,
not least because so many things were said
也并不只是由于有那么多的组织曾
by so many different organisations about the significance of this deci sion.
对这个决定的重要性作出过说明。

So there can be no doubt about the result.
因此这个结果不容置疑。

Across the world people have been watching the choice that Britain has made.
世界各地的人都在围观英国做出的这个决定。

I would reassure those markets and investors
我向所有的市场和投资人保证,
that Britain's economy is fundamentally strong
英国的经济基础非常强劲,
and I would also reassure Britons living in European countries
我也向所有住在欧洲其他国家的英国人
and European citizens living here
和住在英国的欧洲公民保证,
that there will be no immediate changes in your circumstances.
你们的状况不会即时发生变化。

There will be no initial change in the way our people can travel,
在我们的国民出行方面,
in the way our goods can move or the way our services can be sold.
在商品流通和销售服务方面,暂时不会发生改变。

We must now prepare for a negotiation with the European Union.
我们现在必须做好与欧盟谈判的准备。

This will need to involve the full engagement of
这就需要
the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments
苏格兰、威尔士和北爱尔兰政府的全力配合,
to ensure that the interests of all parts of our United Kingdom
以确保英国的各方面利益
are protected and advanced.
得以捍卫和增进。

But above all this will require strong determined and committed leadership 为此,需要一个强大、坚定和忠诚投入的领导人。

I am very proud and very honored to have been prime minister of this country for six years
我感到很自豪也很荣幸这六年来能成为这个国家的首相。

I believe we have made great steps with more people in work tha n ever before in our history
我相信我们已经取得了巨大进步:就业率达到史上最高;
We reform to welfare and education
福利和教育得以改革;
Increasing people’s life chances
人民得到更多的人生机会;
building a bigger and stronger society
社会更加强大;
keeping our promises to the poorest people in the world
对世界上最穷困的人信守诺言,
and enabling those who love each other to get married whatever their sexuality
同时使得那些相爱的人,无论是何性别都能结婚。

But above all restoring Britain’s economic strength
更重要的是,我们重塑了英国经济的强势,
And I am grateful to everyone who’s helped to make that happen
我对所有为此做出贡献的人表示谢意。

I’ve also always believed that we have to confront big decisions not duck them
我也一直相信,我们必须直面那些重大的决定,而不是逃避。

That’s why we delivered the first Coalition government in seventy years to bring our economy back from the brink. It’s why we deliv ered a fair, legal and decisive referendum in Scotland. And why I made the pledge to renegotiate Britain’s position in the European Union and hold a referendum on our membership, and have carried those things out.
因此,我们组建了70年来的首个联合政府,使我们的经济转危为安。

因此我们在苏格兰举行了一个公平合法、决定苏格兰去留的公投。

因此我作出承诺,重新协商英国在欧盟的地位,对是否保留欧盟会员资格进行公投,并将这些许诺付诸实践。

I fought this campaign in the only way I know how – which is to say directly and passionately what I think and feel – head, heart and soul.
在这场活动中,我做了我唯一能做的事,那就是充满激情地将我脑海中、内心及灵魂深处的所思所想和感受表达出来,
I held nothing back.
毫无保留。

I was absolutely clear about my belief
我坚定不移地相信,
that Britain is stronger, safer and better off inside the European Union,
留在欧盟的英国会更强大、更安全和更美好,
and I made clear the referendum was about this and this alone – not the future of any single politician, including myself.
而且我也明确道明公投的目的仅此而已——并非为了任何政客的未来,包括我自己。

But the British people have made a very clear decision to take a different path,
但英国人民已经做出了明确的决定,要走一条截然不同的路,
and as such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take i t in this direction.
因此我认为这个国家需要新的领导人带领大家在这条道路上前进。

I will do everything I can as Prime Minister
作为英国首相,
to steady the ship over the coming weeks and months, but I do not think it would be right for me to try to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination.
在接下来的几周甚至数月内,我会尽我所能地维持国家稳定,但是我认为我不再适合担任这个国家的舵手来引领这个国家驶向下一个目的地。

This is not a decision I have taken lightly, but I do believe it is in the national interest to have a period of stability
这不是我草率做出的决定,而我确实认为,现在我国需要的是一段稳定的时期,
and then the new leadership required.
之后就需要一个新的领导人了。

There is no need for a precise timetable today,
有关首相的更替,不必在今天就确定日程,
but in my view we should aim to have a new Prime Minister in place by the start of the Conservative Party Conference in October.
我认为我们应该在十月份的保守党会议开始时选出新的首相。

Delivering stability will be important
维持稳定是至关重要的,
and I will continue in post as Prime Minister with my Cabinet for the next three months. The Cabinet will meet on Monday.
接下来的三个月,我仍将作为首相和我的内阁一起继续执政,并将在周一召开内阁会议。

The Governor of the Bank of England is making a statement about the steps that the Bank and the Treasury are taking to reassure financial markets.
英格兰银行行长正在准备发表一份声明,建议英格兰银行和财政部采取安抚金融市场的措施。

We will also continue taking forward the important legislation that we set before Parliament in the Queen’s Speech. And I have spoken to Her Majesty
the Queen this morning to advise her of the steps that I am taking.
我们也会继续推进女王在议会演讲中提及的重要立法。

今天早上我已经向女王陛下做出汇报,向她说明了我将采取的行动。

A negotiation with the European Union will need to begin under a n ew Prime Minister,
与欧盟的谈判将需要在新的首相领导下进行,
and I think it is right that this new Prime Minister takes the decision about when to trigger article 50 and start the formal and legal process of leaving the EU.
我认为应该由新首相来决定何时启用《欧洲联盟条约》第50条,开始脱离欧盟的正式法定程序。

I will attend the European Council next week to explain the decision the British people have taken and my own decision.
下周,我将出席欧洲理事会会议,解释英国人民已经做出的决定以及我自己的决定。

The British people have made a choice.
英国人民已经做出了选择。

That not only needs to be respected – but those on the losing side of the argument, myself included, should help to make it work.
这决定不仅值得尊重,而且这场争论中的失败一方,包括我自己,也应该帮助英国脱欧成功。

Britain is a special country.
英国是一个独特的国家。

We have so many great advantages.
我们有很多优势。

A parliamentary democracy where we resolve great issue s about our future through peaceful debate;
议会民主制使很多关乎未来的重大问题通过和平辩论的方式解决;
a great trading nation, with our science and arts, our engineering and our creativity respected the world over.
同时我们还是贸易大国,科学、艺术、机械技艺和创造力都备受世界尊崇。

And while we are not perfect,
虽然英国并不完美,
I do believe we can be a model of a multi-racial, multi-faith democracy,
但我坚信我们能成为一个多种族、多信仰的民主制国家典范,
where people can come and make a contribution and rise to the very highest that their talent allows.
人们来此可以贡献力量,淋漓尽致地施展自己的才干。

Although leaving Europe was not the path I recommended,
我本人并不建议脱欧,
I am the first to praise our incredible strengths.
但我是第一个赞叹我国民众力量的。

I have said before that Britain can survive outside the European Union and indeed that we could find a way.
之前,我说过即使脱欧,英国也能生存,而事实上我们可以找到生存的
方法。

Now the decision has been made to leave, we need to find the best way, and I will do everything I can to help.
现在我们已决定脱欧,我们需要找到最佳方式,我会尽我所能提供帮助。

I love this country – and I feel honoured to have served it.
我热爱这个国家,并以为它服务过而感到荣幸。

And I will do everything I can in future to help this great country succeed.将来我会竭尽全力帮助国家继续繁荣富强。

Thank you very much.
谢谢大家。

相关文档
最新文档