威尼斯商人经典台词
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
威尼斯商人经典台词
『威尼斯商人』中,阿尔怕西诺的那段台词,念得太地道了,是第3幕第一部分的:
To bait fish withal:
拿来钓鱼也好;
if it will feed nothing else,it will feed my revenge.
即使他的肉不中吃,至少也可以出出我这一口气。
He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million; laughed at my losses,
他曾经羞辱过我,夺去我几十万块钱的生意,讥笑着我的亏蚀,
mocked at my gains, scorned my nation,
挖苦着我的盈余,侮蔑我的民族,
thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies;
破坏我的买卖,离间我的朋友,煽动我的仇敌;
and what's his reason? I am a Jew.
他的理由是什么?只因为我是一个犹太人。
Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
难道犹太人没有五官四肢、
dimensions, senses, affections, passions?
没有知觉、没有感情、没有血气吗?
fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons,
他不是吃着同样的食物,同样的武器可以伤害他,
subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is?
同样的医药可以疗治他,冬天同样会冷,夏天同样会热,就像一个基督徒一样吗?
If you prick us, do we not bleed?
你们要是用刀剑刺我们,我们不是也会出血的吗?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh?
你们要是搔我们的痒,我们不是也会笑起来的吗?
if you poison us, do we not die?
你们要是用毒药谋害我们,我们不是也会死的吗?
and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
那么要是你们欺侮了我们,我们难道不会复仇吗?
If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. 要是在别的地方我们都跟你们一样,那么在这一点上也是彼此相同的。
If a Jew wrong a Christian,what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge.
要是一个犹太人欺侮了一个基督徒,那基督徒怎样表现他的谦逊?报仇。
The villany you teach me, I will execute,
你们已经把残虐的手段教给我,我一定会照着你们的教训实行,
and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.
而且还要加倍奉敬哩。